Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #2441
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Michele, no doubt in my mind that the Holy Spirit used you in a mighty way to show this young child how much God loves and cares.
Thanks for saying that Cat - I have felt that and there were only 2 people in my corner (other than DH) and when he and someone else said they wished someone had "told" it would have meant the world. But he kept me separated (God did) from the "others" so less confirmation from people and my friend reminded me God is the author and he knows the future chapters and this kid needed to know that God loved her so much to do something about it. Extremely humbled by the whole thing
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #2442
Glitter Guru

Well DD comes home from camp today!! So excited to see her! I leave work early today and get home and get some extra cleaning done before I go get her at church! I get another doggie tonight - well DD does this one she gets paid for - but I get the pay for the big sheep dog for this week. I tell you next year rates have to go up from the $15 a day has to be $18 or something! They are a lot of work. But Mickey has gotten better with dogs because of it and I got him all cleaned up last night. I have to finish 2 more loads of laundry and pick up living room, vacuum and do bathroom. I will dash like flash!! hahahaha -

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday with a great weekend!
Hugs
Old 08-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #2443
Glitter Guru

Where did the week go? It seemed like just yesterday you took DD to the church for camp and now it's time to pick her up already.

We had much cooler weather here today. But it was windy. There were 2 fires southeast of town yesterday and were hoping they would be contained, but 2 more started from them. Two of the fires are in areas where they can't get to with any vehicle. Please keep all the firefighters and the landowners in your prayers. I haven't heard of any buildings being on fire yet. I pray it stays that way.

Have a good weekend, everyone. Think of me tomorrow as I slave away at the library tomorrow. Actually, after 3 days of training, I think it might be nice to get back into the job. I need to try to look for a document I have no idea what it's about. We got very vague info from the person requesting it. Too bad she doesn't live in town so she can go through our stuff. I never heard of the document and I am betting we don't have it anymore. It'll keep me busy for awhile. I have one more place to look tomorrow and if I don't find it, too bad. Not much I can do about it without more information.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #2444
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This week has flown by. I guess having my grandson, Alexander, for a few days made it go quickly.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #2445
Glitter Guru

I just have to share this funny story with you. Maybe Vince doesn't think it's too funny. He wanst to take meatballs in bbq sauce to his brother's annual deck jam tomorrow night. So he decided he'd save time tomorrow by making the meatballs today. He made some meatballs before I got home from work and decided that wasn't going to be enough so he made a bunch more after supper. He had the meatballs in a dish and left them on the counter to cool before putting them in the refrigerator. Of course, I have no idea he left them on the counter. I was on on my exercise bike when he made them and wasn't paying any attention to him. While the meatballs were cooling, Vince went downstairs. An hour later he came up and asked me what I did with the meatballs. I didn't do anything to them. Keep in mind I have a BIG dog. Evidentally, Timber thought since they were just sitting on the counter unattended, he should just eat them. He didn't just eat the meatballs but also the paper towel Vince had covering them. Timber isn't the first big dog we've ever had so you would think Vince would have learned his lesson from the times Koda used to help himself to food that was just sitting on the counter. I laughed so hard. Timber was so sneaky and quiet about it, too. I didn't hear him in the kitchen and even if I did, I would have thought Vince was in the kitchen.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #2446
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele - I am so thankful you did what you did!!! I'm sure your little cousin feels that way, too. What a relief! So glad CPS did the right thing!

Debbie - that is hysterical!!!! I hope Timber doesn't get sick though!!! Oh my goodness!!!!

I do not feel like doing ONE thing today. Maybe a nap, but that is it!
Old 08-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #2447
Glitter Guru

Busy day at work today. I just got the circulation desk cleaned off and a bunch more stuff came in just before closing. Now it doesn't look like we did anything today. Samantha and I know different. It felt good to get a lot of stuff accomplished.

Vince made another batch of meatballs this afternoon. This time he made sure Timber couldn't eat them. Joanne, Timber didn't get sick.

I'd love to just relax the rest of the evening, but we have to go to our nephew's going away party. He leaves Sept. 4 for the Marines. It's also BIL's annual deck jam so I can just sit in a chair and listen to the music. That sounds like a plan.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #2448
Glitter Guru

Oh Debbie, I laughed at the meatball story!! Too funny, I know not for Vince, but quite the chuckle for me who didn't do the work!!

Joanne, thank you it was a tough one more emotional than I ever thought.

Cat, having the grandkids does make time fly!! Your such a good grandma!

Joan, how are you my friend?

I am so tired but yet can't sleep I have my dog in his crate locked (I have not done that in forever) because the dog we are sitting for is a PILL, has had 4 accidents you kidding me, 4!! It's mom said oh he only does that when scared - BS he is older and a PAIN I have decided last time I will ever sit a ****su!! (sp?) Those dogs are so hard and stubborn!! If my dog is being better potty trained something is really wrong. . . 2 weeks of this dog, oh my!!

Please pray for DD she has had issues with my sister tonight - unfortunately she was trying to protect me and bring something to my sister's attention and my sister doesn't deal with those types of things well. But she has barely talked to me for a full year - just prayers for it to blow over quickly. ALthough anything with DS, never goes over quickly! Oh man!

Hugs to all,
Old 08-26-2012, 05:07 AM   #2449
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele - you are very brave dog sitting in your own home. We have a shihtzu mix - she is older (13ish). She is stubborn, but thankfull was housebroken when we got her. She was a shelter dog. Now my cocker spaniel was another story. They are notorious for peeing when excited. She did it for awhile, but seems to have stopped. She just turned 11. She can be a royal pain in some ways, but she is very smart.

Will be praying for your DD and your sister. Families can be rough!

Debbie - so glad Timber didn't get sick. When I was a little girl we had one dog eat a cake that was tossed on the compost pile in the back yard. She threw that up later! Another dog ate half a casserole of tuna, noodles (she got up on the table and then couldn't get down - BUSTED) but she never got sick. Dogs are weird.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #2450
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie_ your meatball story reminded me of a little dog we had. I had decorated a cake for DH's birthday and left it on the table. We went out with some friends and came home for cake. The cake looked wonderful. I went to slice it and the dog had eaten the back of the cake without touching the top. Needless to say...guess who was banished to the yard for the rest of the evening. How is DS doing?

Michele- You are such a trooper. I hope Mickey gets over the trauma of the dog sitting. Also, praying for the DS and DD situation.

Joanne- How are you doing?

Caterina- Yes, this week did fly by too quickly.

Off to work I go tomorrow. Please keep me and my boss in your thoughts and prayers. We clashed a few times last week. She is so stubborn and unwilling to see things from anyone else's perspective. I am anxious and worried.

This weekend was busy. Yesterday, we were at DH's mom's house. She wanted him to take things out of the garage. So his brother and wife came up too. It is a trying situation.
Today we took DS his wife and DGD, DS and his girl friend out to lunch at Applebees. Our 2 older sons have birthdays the end of the week. So we wanted to get them together. She wish youngest DS could have come home. However, it is move it weekend on the college where he works.

Everyone is creative, but we are only as creative as we allow ourselves to be.Martellus Bennett
Old 08-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #2451
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Reynold and I went to see "2016" a documentary by Dinesh D'souza and was very impressed with how well done the film is. Can understand why it is #1 at the box office this weekend. Truly enjoyed some of the interviews.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #2452
Glitter Guru

Good luck with work, Joan. DS is doing good. He's so much happier and a whole easier to be around. It's been so pleasant not getting phone calls the the exGF. I think she's still in jail, but not sure. I don't care as long as she stays away from me. DS took one of the boys to lunch on Wed. It was nice seeing them together. It's a shame that Donovan isn't Nate's son. Donovan wants nothing to do with his mother. I think he has always been closer to Nate since they met 6 years ago.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #2453
Glitter Guru

Hello ladies,

Asking for prayer for the family of a 4 year old boy Sammy who died at a local pond during a church picnic. He drowned and the grief and feeling of loss is difficult, prayers are appreciated.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #2454
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I am happy for your son! Today was a better day. My boss confronted me right away this morning. She wanted to know why I was rude to her. I told her she yelled at me more than once and just wasn't listening. Of course, she said it was my problem. Oh how she can't see anything.

Michele- I will be praying. What a tragedy!

Everyone is creative, but we are only as creative as we allow ourselves to be.Martellus Bennett
Old 08-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #2455
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Hello ladies,

Asking for prayer for the family of a 4 year old boy Sammy who died at a local pond during a church picnic. He drowned and the grief and feeling of loss is difficult, prayers are appreciated.

Oh no, how tragic, cannot imagine their broken hearts. May the Lord abundantly shower down His loving comfort, grace and peace.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #2456
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Good luck with work, Joan. DS is doing good. He's so much happier and a whole easier to be around. It's been so pleasant not getting phone calls the the exGF. I think she's still in jail, but not sure. I don't care as long as she stays away from me. DS took one of the boys to lunch on Wed. It was nice seeing them together. It's a shame that Donovan isn't Nate's son. Donovan wants nothing to do with his mother. I think he has always been closer to Nate since they met 6 years ago.

Grateful that the ex-GF is staying away from your DS. My heart goes out to Donovan - poor kid.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #2457
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Grateful that the ex-GF is staying away from your DS. My heart goes out to Donovan - poor kid.
I agree with Cat!! Prayers for continued improvement in the situation!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #2458
Glitter Guru

[QUOTE=smileyj;19649013]Debbie- I am happy for your son! Today was a better day. My boss confronted me right away this morning. She wanted to know why I was rude to her. I told her she yelled at me more than once and just wasn't listening. Of course, she said it was my problem. Oh how she can't see anything.

Joan, asking God to soften her heart and also for strength and wisdom for you - I have found for me that at work if I get emotional in any way I try extra hard to keep my mouth quiet only cause I can get bad and then that's a bigger problem. Emotions can make us do things we wouldn't do if we were not emotional. I say it because I have suffered with this issue. I came back from doctor today and he reminded me that I need healthy outlets for my own health. . . Yeah, he doubled my BP dose, but thankful for the change, because I have not felt so hot I guess that's why it is a silent killer. Many hugs and love sweetpea!! Never forget your a daughter of the King and look for your validation out of work, I have been working on that one too! I know it's all hard - !
Old 08-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #2459
Glitter Guru

Good evening, ladies. It was a nice, hot 100° kind of day. I'm so glad we have good AC at work and at home.

Thanks for all the prayers for DS.

Michele, how sad for that little boy's family. I can't imagine the heartache they are experiencing right now. I'll keep them in my prayers.

Joan, I sure do hope things get better at work for you. It's not fun being yelled at. Unfortunately, you can't change her, but you can change your attitude about the situation. That has helped me get through some days with a couple coworkers.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #2460
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon friends.

Michele - will certainly keep that family in my prayers. How terribly sad.

I feel for Joan and Michele regarding your work situations. I am so thankful that I am not working at this point in time. Dealing with the stress of issues with Marie is more than enough for me to deal with. If I had to work on top of it, I don't think I'd be coping well at all.

It is a beautiful day in PA and I am so thankful for that! Tomorrow the humidity creeps back in. I'm enjoying today while I can. Working on laundry and I might go stamp in a bit. I realized I better check on my Christmas cards. I made a whole bunch earlier in the year, but I need to figure out how many more I need to make!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #2461
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all your support. I know that I need to be more careful as to what I say. I get in trouble for talking too little and too much. I have to figure the happy medium.

Tomorrow is oldest ds's b-day.. 33yrs old. Friday is middle son's b-day...31 yrs old. How can I be old enough!

Take care all my friends.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #2462
Stazon Splitcoast

Dh and I are going to visit my sister and her family in northern MN this weekend. So I will probably be AWOL. Her internet is unreliable. Have a great weekend.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #2463
Glitter Guru

Joan, have a fun weekend. Who needs internet when you're visiting family. Oh, wait. I do. LOL. Anyway, have a great weekend.

Hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend. As usual I work Saturday. Since Monday is normally my day off and I would miss out on the holiday pay, I took yesterday off as my holiday. Vince had to go to see his pulmonologist and since his office is 110 miles away, I have to take the day off. Vince is back on some pulomonary hypertension meds again. The same one he was on before trying that really, really expensive one that didn't work. He didn't realize how much it helped until he's been off it for almost 3 months.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #2464
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Dh and I are going to visit my sister and her family in northern MN this weekend. So I will probably be AWOL. Her internet is unreliable. Have a great weekend.

Have a wonderful and safe time!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #2465
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Wishing everyone a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #2466
Glitter Guru

HI Ladies, I hope everyone is safe and everyone is well.

Debbie, my DD cleaned up a portion of my bedroom and washed all sheets and blankets so nice. She made a point of leaving the bag of sand that she got me for you on my pillow (in the plastic bag) so I am a tool sometimes and I forgot to mail it. I will bring it to work on Tuesday and mail to you! I was reprimanded she told me that she got it for me and I "dropped the ball" I am so sorry! Will mail this week.

Hugs to all!
Old 09-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #2467
Glitter Guru

That is so funny, Michele. I think I could her around here. Thank her for getting me the sand and reminding you, which in turn reminded me that I asked for it.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #2468
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY LABOR DAY!

I hear America singing, the varied carols I hear,
Those of mechanics, each one singing his as it should be blithe and strong,
The carpenter singing his as he measures his plank or beam,
The mason singing his as he makes ready for work, or leaves off work,
The boatman singing what belongs to him in his boat, the deckhand singing on the steamboat deck,
The shoemaker singing as he sits on his bench, the hatter singing as he stands,
The woodcutter's song, the ploughboy's on his way in the morning, or at noon intermission or at sundown,
The delicious singing of the mother, or of the young wife at work, or of the girl sewing or washing,
Each singing what belongs to him or her and to none else,
The day what belongs to the day-at night the party of young fellows, robust, friendly,
Singing with open mouths their strong melodious songs.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #2469
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Ladies- hope everyone is doing well. I need to make some decisions about work. I have been thinking about ways to either make the situation better or to leave. Leaving would be a last resort. Financially that would be very trying.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #2470
Glitter Guru

Joan, just don't quit your job until you have a new one lined up. I'll pray for you.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #2471
Stazon Splitcoast

I found this on a website and thought it was good. I hope some of you might find it uplifting as well!
To be truly healthy is to be more than just physically fit. Most of us know we should try to eat right and exercise frequently to keep our blood pressure steady, our weight down, and our energy up. .But we also must care for our emotional and spiritual health—our whole being

Old 09-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #2472
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
I found this on a website and thought it was good. I hope some of you might find it uplifting as well!
To be truly healthy is to be more than just physically fit. Most of us know we should try to eat right and exercise frequently to keep our blood pressure steady, our weight down, and our energy up. .But we also must care for our emotional and spiritual health—our whole being
So true, Joan. How's work? Is it getting any better or is the same?

How is everyone else doing? it's been kinda quiet lately.

There's a lot of smoke in the air and I have no idea where the fire is right now. Not good for the sinuses.

DH bought a shock collar for Lexi the other day. It sure has been nice not waking up to her barking at something in the middle of the night. We don't even have to keep it on her all the time. That's good, because I'm not comfortable with leaving it on her 24/7. At least she hasn't done what DS's dog does; Ozzie has found a way to take it off and hide it. Timber isn't much of a barker.

Hope you all have a good week.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #2473
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- thanks for thinking about me. Work has its positive moments when I am with the kids and the boss is letting me just be me. I pray for her.
Good luck with Lexi. A neighbors basset hound loves to howl in the wee hrs of the morning. The owners work nights which is why they have a dog.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #2474
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A quick hello to everyone... hope all are doing well.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #2475
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all! I have been thinking of you all.

Joan - I do hope that your job situation can be improved - one way or another. You deserve it.

Debbie - we have considered bark collars for our dogs. Tiki is now very, very hard of hearing so it isn't as bad. Marie's dog, Chloe, is getting better about it. Still not a bad idea . . .
Old 09-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #2476
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hard to believe 11 years have passed... cannot imagine how the families who are missing their loved ones must feel.

I'll Be There.

You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news, Sept. 11, 2001. Neither will I.

I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say "Good-bye." I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, "Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK ... I am ready to go." I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night.

I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to me for help. "I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!" I said. "Of course I will show you the way home-only believe on Me now."

I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered.

I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there. Comforting and assuring them that their Faith has saved them.

I was in Texas, Kansas, London. I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me?

I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though they did NOT all know Me. Some met me for the first time on the 100th floor. Some sought me out in their last breath. Some couldn't hear me calling to them through the smoke and flames, "Come to Me ... this way ... take my hand." Sadly, some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But, I was there.

I did not place you in the Tower that day - However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me?

September 11, 2001 was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are "ready to go." I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.

Love, God
Old 09-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #2477
Glitter Guru

Joan, we were able to keep the shock collar off Lexi all day today. Whenever she went to bark, she'd remember the little shock and stop right away. Hope it stays that way. It's been such a pleasantly, quiet day.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #2478
Glitter Guru

Today (yesterday) was the day DH had his nose surgery. He had to check in at 9am so that meant we had to be on the road around 7 am. He got checked in, then we had to wait until shortly after noon before he went in for surgery. By the time we left the medical center it was after 4 pm. Surgery went fine. They asked where they should call his prescription into. We told them our Walmart. Before heading home, we stopped and had a short picnic lunch. Right after eating, DH went to change the gauze over his nose and it was bleeding more than we thought it should. By then we got a phone call from our Walmart pharmacy letting us know the meds were ready and they close at 7pm. (Love call forwarding.) By this time it's 5 pm. No way were we going to make it back home in time, so I drove to the Gt. Falls Walmart and asked about having them filled there instead because no way was Vince going to make it through the night without his pain meds. In the meantime, Vince made a call the medical center to let them know his nose was bleeding profusely by that time. The doctor had already left so they told him to go to the ER. So I rushed him across town to the ER. They were waiting for him. The medical center called ahead so they had all his paperwork ready. Because he had just had the surgery earlier today and had stents sewn in to let the nose heal properly, the ER doc had to call the other doctor. It was close to an hour before he returned the call. He told them what to do. So the ER doc takes the stents out and had to pack the one nostril. Now, surgery was done on the right side and it was the left side that wouldn't stop bleeding. We finally got the bleeding down to just a drizzle, which was expected from the surgery. By this time we got out of there it was after 8 pm. That meant a 2-hour drive home in the dark and hoping we wouldn't hit any of the deer or antelope along the highway. I'm not too fond of driving at night to begin with, but we decided we wanted to come home. Made the trip without hitting the deer we saw in the burrow pits or even the fox I saw on the shoulder. I know God was on our side tonight. We got home after 11 pm. Vince is miserable and can't breathe very good. I know he's not going to get much sleep tonight which means I might not sleep, either.

Another thing God did tonight was kind of amazing. There was a baby in the ER who was crying so hard. I said a prayer for the baby and it's parents and asked for blessings for all the patients and the ER staff. Before I finished the prayer, the baby's crying became more of a whimper.

It was a very long, trying day. Now that I'm wound down maybe I can get some sleep.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #2479
Glitter Guru

I am glad the surgery is over and DH is doing well.

Joan so going goopd at work, I prayed for softening for hearts and peace for you!

Cat, how is Reynold doing with his eye tube? Thinking of him!!

I am sorry I have been so MIA and I have not read through all the posts, sorry!

DD went to a church yard sale at church to raise funds for sending kids to Christian camp for the 2013 season. The kids are always so blessed and moved there!! So many spiritual wonderful things but I had to clean the house more, I hope DD likes her painting is now hung and all her laundry done and folded clean sheet and her room almost all clean - I left her just a few things. DOn't like her to feel alone of no help even though I help a lot perceiption (which is very sensitive) is off! But actions speak louder than words, so trying to not have her get overhwelmed.

Thoughts, hugs and prayers for all,
Michele
Old 09-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #2480
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Greetings from Massachusetts - Reynold and I are in the mountains and it is a bit chilly in the Berkshires.

Michele, Reynold's eye seems to come and go with the draining and has appointment next month with the doctor. Thanks for asking.

Sending my best to all.