Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #2401
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Hello ladies!

Just caught up on some recent posts......

Caterina ~ Hope you're feeling better.

Gramma ~ So glad you like your new boss, and happy for and proud of Nate as well.

Michele ~ The only thing I can say is....the teen years do pass eventually. Even the best go through it. You are an awesome mom and deep down your DD knows that.

Joan ~ Hope you had a great weekend to honor your DB.

I drove dad's car from their home near Branson to our home in central IL yesterday (they are having their dealer up here sell it for them). Another full day of driving, but this time by myself. God brought me home safely. Dan and Boo were very glad to see me. I'm still so exhausted....physically, mentally and especially emotionally. Now my siblings need to agree on what we think should happen with mom & dad. Mom's memory is slipping, but she in in denial. Dan at least accepts that he has Alzheimer's. Saturday my DB and SIL came over to mom & dad's, but left after about 5 minutes of mom screaming at DB. Then I finally had the balls to tell mom the truth about how she comes across to others. It wasn't pretty, and it ended with me crying my eyes out in the guest room. I called DH and vented. I didn't even know if I could drive dad's car back here like they asked me to without her saying it was stolen. Eventually mom came and knocked on the door. I talked with her some more and she seemed a little more accepting of things. I told her that we all love her and want her to be happy (she thought we all wanted her to die so we could have her money and stuff). We hugged and made up. I'm so grateful to have had that opportunity. It has been a long time coming. It was extremely hard on both of us, but it needed to be done. She said she would call DB in the morning and apologize. God is so good.

Another awesome opportunity I had through this was to ask dad if he knows where he's going when he dies. He said "I don't know." (but he says that to everything). I asked if he was going to heaven. He said he hopes so. I asked if he believed in Jesus, and he said, "Oh yes, I'm a believer." That almost made my heart burst, I was so grateful. Even with his Alzheimer's he knows he believes in Jesus.

"I praise Him in this storm!"

Hugs,
Sue
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #2402
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue- My dad had dementia. It was so draining emotionally. I am happy that you had an opportunity to make peace with your mom and to have a good talk with your dad. Many of my siblings never did that and regret it to this day. I will continue to pray for your comfort and quiet. Hugs across the miles.

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

Joan
Old 08-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #2403
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Michele you are more than welcome to come and stay here for some down time. You would love the guest room and have your own private bath. I also do a great latte in the morning.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #2404
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

So very grateful when I called my sweet GI guy this morning that there was a cancellation and was able to be seen. Had some blood work as well as xrays done and am to remain on liquids. Having had bowel obstruction surgery in March, am a bit disappointed however trusting God for healing.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #2405
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Have HSN free shipping coupons that will expire the end of this month, so if anyone could use one, let me know.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #2406
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanking God for all He does to get us through each of our trials. He may not always answer our prayers the way we want but He always answers them in the way we need.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #2407
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Thanking God for all He does to get us through each of our trials. He may not always answer our prayers the way we want but He always answers them in the way we need.

Amen!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #2408
Gabfest Goddess

Sue your post made me cry - Praise him in this storm - love it!!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #2409
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Michele you are more than welcome to come and stay here for some down time. You would love the guest room and have your own private bath. I also do a great latte in the morning.
Cat I honestly feel the trip coming. We had another episode tonight
Old 08-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #2410
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Cat I honestly feel the trip coming. We had another episode tonight

Been there sweetie and it breaks a mom's heart.

Looking forward to having you come visit my dear friend.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #2411
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Sue, my heart goes out to you knowing the road you are walking. My mom had vascular dementia and needed comprehensive 24/7 care the last 3 1/2 years of her life.

Sending baskets of love, hugs and prayers.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #2412
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Being a mom to a teen is very trying. Take care of yourself.

Caterina- I am praying for a speedy recovery.

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

Joan
Old 08-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #2413
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Girls!

I am ready for this work day to be over! Tonight the big agenda is to attack the laundry room, uggghhh. I am bad with that but DD is worse cause she throws stuff and loses stuff and then wants new stuff! So I told her no and that we are going to pack up everything that does not fit her and get it out of the house!! I have decided that without DH having a break from work my year has been long and hard. I miss his summer off some things get done then without me. My nephew is over and last night I walked in the house the guest dog wanted attention then Mickey then DH and DN was right there and said "oh my I didn't realize how much you go through" spending all this time with me this week and he experienced the episode with DD last night - he was so nice and told me I didn't deserve any of this and he hopes her teenage tantrums go by quickly now. Ahhhh, I was just happy to have someone see it cause I am often told I don't do anything but hit bed by 11:00 PM and was exhausted.

MMMMWMWWWAAAAHHHHH! Hugs!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #2414
Gabfest Goddess

Holy cow - I threw out 4 big black bags of junk from the laundry room. But boy does it feel good. I have conquered half of that project and now just need to wash the rest and sort into storage bins for the closet! woot woot!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #2415
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Michele, you got a lot done. I wish I could get DH to get rid of a lot of his shirts. How many shirts does a man really need? I know he has at least 3-4 dozen and he doesn't wear half of them ever. No room in the closet so he leaves them hanging in the laundry room on the rod that hangs over the dryer. I literally have to move shirts aside so I can get to the settings knob. He has way more clothes than I do. The minute I get rid of any of them he'll want to wear that particular shirt.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:12 AM   #2416
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I think your DH and my DH and DS are close relatives.

Michele- Sorry that your DD is giving you a hard time. For two of my three sons the time passed quickly. I hope she is like them.

I spent the day watching DGD. Their cat scratched me again. He has scratched hard enough to draw blood the last 2 times I have been there. I have told my son and he can't understand. Supposedly, the cat is not like that. He is mistaken. The cat wouldn't let go of DH's leg the last time he was there and has attacked and bitten my other son. I don't want to complain because he doesn't allow me to see my precious DGD very much! Any suggestions?

Joan
Old 08-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #2417
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, I'd be very attempted to give the cat a little toy with catnip in it so he'll leave you alone when you're there. Cat's are prettye tempermental. I had one cat who loved all people. When she died I got another one who didn't like anyone but me. He kind of taught my brother to close his dresser drawers because the cat loved to curl up in them.

Is anyone getting cool weather like we have right now. After work yesterday, I met DH at the town square for a music concert. One of our favorite local bands was playing. I never get to sit and enjoy them when they play at our 4th of July Fest. I didn't take a jacket when I went to work and was wearing sandals. I should have asked DH to grab my jacket because it was getting cold. You know it's been a very hot summer when 67 felt cold. This morning is even colder. It's only 49. It's supposed to get hot again by the weekend.

I have a prayer request. One of our classmates has a son who has already had a battle with cancer. He seemed to have recovered from that. They recently found more cancer. He's starting back on chemo tomorrow and may have surgery soon. He has a wife and a couple small children. Please pray for Chris and his family. His parents really need lots of prayers now, too. Thanks.

On a sweeter note, DD and DS are now talking to each other again. It's been a long time for them. Things are looking better. DD's going through a bad time right now. She really didn't want to get into another relationship since the last two went pretty bad. She started dating another guy who kept telling her he's pretty sure she's the one. I'm not sure what happened, and I'm not sure DS does either, but it looks like he quit coming around. Anyway, DS is more upset about this than her past relationships. She was starting to really think this guy might be the one for her, too. I'm really hoping that if this relationship is really God's will, He will show them the way back to each other. So it was nice to know that my kids are talking to each other again.

Have a great day, my friends. This is my hump day.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #2418
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Joan, I'd be very attempted to give the cat a little toy with catnip in it so he'll leave you alone when you're there. Cat's are prettye tempermental. I had one cat who loved all people. When she died I got another one who didn't like anyone but me. He kind of taught my brother to close his dresser drawers because the cat loved to curl up in them.

Is anyone getting cool weather like we have right now. After work yesterday, I met DH at the town square for a music concert. One of our favorite local bands was playing. I never get to sit and enjoy them when they play at our 4th of July Fest. I didn't take a jacket when I went to work and was wearing sandals. I should have asked DH to grab my jacket because it was getting cold. You know it's been a very hot summer when 67 felt cold. This morning is even colder. It's only 49. It's supposed to get hot again by the weekend.

I have a prayer request. One of our classmates has a son who has already had a battle with cancer. He seemed to have recovered from that. They recently found more cancer. He's starting back on chemo tomorrow and may have surgery soon. He has a wife and a couple small children. Please pray for Chris and his family. His parents really need lots of prayers now, too. Thanks.

On a sweeter note, DD and DS are now talking to each other again. It's been a long time for them. Things are looking better. DD's going through a bad time right now. She really didn't want to get into another relationship since the last two went pretty bad. She started dating another guy who kept telling her he's pretty sure she's the one. I'm not sure what happened, and I'm not sure DS does either, but it looks like he quit coming around. Anyway, DS is more upset about this than her past relationships. She was starting to really think this guy might be the one for her, too. I'm really hoping that if this relationship is really God's will, He will show them the way back to each other. So it was nice to know that my kids are talking to each other again.

Have a great day, my friends. This is my hump day.

As you know have been involved with childhood cancer for four years and hate what these sweet precious kids and their families go through. Each day 46 children are diagnosed in this country and 7 die... American Cancer Society spends less than 1% on research for childhood cancer which is beyond pathetic and only 17% towards adult research. Grateful for CureSearch, St. Baldrick's and other childhood cancer organizations who use every cent towards research as well as other organizations working on adult cancers.

My heart goes out to this Chris and his family. Please let them know about the prayer team at COLES Foundation. They can register and then be placed on the prayer list. COLES accepts any and all people regardless of age.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #2419
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Cat. I'll tell Chris's dad about this.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:52 AM   #2420
Gabfest Goddess

Prayers for the boy with cancer - it is so hard! Praying for God to Intervene and touch this little one.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:55 AM   #2421
Gabfest Goddess

I am so thankful it is Friday I get to leave here at Noon and take DD for the last of her camp shopping and she goes to camp on Sunday! I always miss her - but I could use the quiet time!! I have projects I need to finish. First, scrapbook just a few pages left for Pastor's son. But was thankful we did so much cleaning with laundry room now just have to wash some stuff and clear it out more and put things where they belong.

I hope everyone has a super wonderful Friday and weekend!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #2422
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello dear friends! Was on vacation at the beach last week - no internet. I must say, I did enjoy the "down time" from being online, but I miss my online friends, too!

Sue - so thankful things are looking better for your family.

Debbie - you have a lot going on. I'm glad your family is getting closer. Will continue to be praying.

Michele - had a few days without my daughters (they came home early - younger one had a volunteer commitment and older came home, too). It was nice, no conflict, quiet, NICE! I really believe my oldest might have Asperger's. I know a lot of the issues are due to that, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. And if she won't get help, I'm stuck.

Will be praying for Chris. Hope everyone has a great start to the week.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #2423
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, the beach sounds nice right about now. And I don't mean the beach of a lake around here. I'm a long way from any ocean, though.

DD is getting another dog tomorrow. She found a family who has a 3-year-old chocolate lab they want to give to a good home. They feel they don't have time to give her the loving attention she needs. She'll get lots of loving attention in her new home. The girls are so excited about getting Daisy. They really miss their black lab, Kaiser. He was such a good dog.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Today is my Friday. Have a busy week at work next week. We have three days of training.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #2424
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne- Vacation away from everyday life is wonderful.

Debbie- Hope the dog gets along well at your DD house. I am sure the girls are excited to have a dog again.

DH, oldest DS and I spent most of the day celebrating youngest DS birthday. he was 24 yesterday. We barbequed kabobs and walked around the lake. It was great to see him after 2 months. We sure miss him. He lives 2 1/2 hrs drive from us.

Joan
Old 08-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #2425
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Joan. Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. i wish DD only lived 2 1/2 hrs from me.

It's a chilly morning. Only 55. However, it's supposed to get as high as 90 today.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #2426
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

It is that crazy weather time of year. Fifty-five degrees sounds delightful!!! It isn't that hot here today, but humid and sticky. Rain the next couple of days which is okay - we need it.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #2427
Stazon Splitcoast

I wish it stayed cool today. I had to turn the AC on again. It is in the 90's again.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #2428
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Oh no is that weather heading my way? I have enjoyed highs in the 70's.

Joan
Old 08-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #2429
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, I hope it's not heading your way. Maybe it's moving north? We could only wish.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #2430
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Ladies, I have been so MIA I know. Just plugging along life just seems so busy this year. My BIL is doing his thing and I have gotten his LTD approved and he has gotten some $$ now and then told DH I was done with paperwork for a while! DD is at camp this week but have to work so it's not a huge break but Mickey and I had an awesome morning today snuggled so close to me for 1.5 hours and was kissing left and right. I think he gets frustrated with visitor dogs. He did so good though he has been barking for me and I take him out and he has been doing good! We have a sheep dog with us now and he is huge when he stands on back legs he is taller than me! But I get the $$ for this one I told DD she couldn't have it cause she was not doing the bulk of it I was!

Spoke to her yesterday and seems like all is going well and they had several kids baptized in the Spirit and they tell me it's just going super awesome couldn't be happier I hope it helps to re-focus DD again on the important things!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #2431
Stazon Splitcoast

Please pray for my niece and her DH. Last night their precious baby girl was born. She has Down Syndrome and requires numerous surgeries. The have a 4 yr old son with Aspergers. Finances are a huge issue. They need support.

Joan
Old 08-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #2432
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Please pray for my niece and her DH. Last night their precious baby girl was born. She has Down Syndrome and requires numerous surgeries. The have a 4 yr old son with Aspergers. Finances are a huge issue. They need support.
Prayers going up this eveing for your niece and her DH. Dear Jesus, I lift up these precious children to you, I thank you for them and thank you for the parents who take care of them I am asking in your precious holy name to intervene for this family and the children to touch them and for there be miracles that they can tell others about for years to come about how you healed them. This just breaks my heart your word says to ask and it shall be answered and to cast all our cares upon you and that to lay hands on the sick and they will recover - that is what I am asking for Lord Jesus for the chance to virtually touch these children and have them healed in your name. Thank you Jesus for all that you are doing that we can not yet see with our human eyes, thank you for your intervention, love, mercy, healing and grace. . . To God be the Glory
Old 08-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #2433
Stazon Splitcoast

Amen, Michele.

Joan, will be praying for your niece's family. They must be awesome people, because I believe God only gives these special children to very special parents. I have a cousin who has Down's and she turned 50 earlier this year. I know this doesn't help at the moment.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #2434
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all your prayers. I am so touched by your words of comfort. I have told her I have a great group of ladies praying for them. She is thankful!

Joan
Old 08-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #2435
Gabfest Goddess

Joan, prayers for you and all of your family!!

Oh so on Monday I called CPS on my cousin in Alabama. So I really felt the urge by God to call and I didn't take it lightly, my heart was broken for my cousin the mom and I knew though that I couldn't let Katie suffer and she got it bad from the step-dad. Praise God he was removed from the home and has been forbidden by the State that he can't even see his biological children, there was a issue last week of domestic violence and as hard as it was emotionally I did it and I was so worried for my 11 year old cousin and thankfully they (social workers) talked to her at school and I was so grateful he was removed by force so if my cousin her mom, does what she is supposed to she will keep the kids and she has to follow up with social workers. I want my little cousin to know this is not acceptable and she is valuable and it had to stop, but taking that step was hard but God saw me through!! Just very overwhelmed with everything that happened!!
Old 08-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #2436
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Joan, prayers for you and all of your family!!

Oh so on Monday I called CPS on my cousin in Alabama. So I really felt the urge by God to call and I didn't take it lightly, my heart was broken for my cousin the mom and I knew though that I couldn't let Katie suffer and she got it bad from the step-dad. Praise God he was removed from the home and has been forbidden by the State that he can't even see his biological children, there was a issue last week of domestic violence and as hard as it was emotionally I did it and I was so worried for my 11 year old cousin and thankfully they (social workers) talked to her at school and I was so grateful he was removed by force so if my cousin her mom, does what she is supposed to she will keep the kids and she has to follow up with social workers. I want my little cousin to know this is not acceptable and she is valuable and it had to stop, but taking that step was hard but God saw me through!! Just very overwhelmed with everything that happened!!

Michele, grateful that God urged you to make that call. Praise the Lord for His loving care and your obedience, surely it was difficult.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #2437
Stazon Splitcoast

Good for you, Michele!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:59 AM   #2438
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- I am proud of you! I am praying your cousin is strong enough to follow through!

Joan
Old 08-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #2439
Gabfest Goddess

Thank you ladies, I am hoping my cousin does what she needs to we can re-visit my 11 year old cousin coming out here for a bit with a kinship guardianship but we will see. I am hoping she gets all the counseling she needs but the kids had to come first and I felt like if the things I knew were awful what about the things I didn't know. And it was what we all didn't know that had him removed.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #2440
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Thank you ladies, I am hoping my cousin does what she needs to we can re-visit my 11 year old cousin coming out here for a bit with a kinship guardianship but we will see. I am hoping she gets all the counseling she needs but the kids had to come first and I felt like if the things I knew were awful what about the things I didn't know. And it was what we all didn't know that had him removed.
Michele, no doubt in my mind that the Holy Spirit used you in a mighty way to show this young child how much God loves and cares.