Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #2361
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Got some meds and need to get some blood work done. Still feeling a little unwell, thanks for asking.

Btw, Reynold just left to see the eye surgeon. He thinks the glass tube that was put in may have fallen out.
Dear Jesus, I lift up Cat and Reynold to you right now - I ask you to intervene and heal their bodies and give them strength, peace and comfort. Thank you for all you do for each of us. I thank you for each of the ladies on this thread and for all of us that struggle, each in our own way I thank you for always hearing our prayers and intervening on our behalf. Thank you for Debbie and her son to be re-united with his parents and pray for protection and wisdom for him and for them to draw closer. I thank you for Joan and her family, praying that her tensions would ease over the job situation and praying for peace that passes all understanding and for her boss' heart to be softened. I pray for her husband I pray for peace of mind and deliverance from the depression and hurts he feels and prayers that he is drawn more to you and know your great love for him and his family. For Joann, I lift her up to you for her and her family and thankful for her new Pastor. Prayers that all will be blessed by this new edition and prayers for her girls as they grow and if they have struggles to know they can lean on you for direction. Lord I lift up everyone who has ever looked at this thread and thankful for all of the women I have gotten to meet and ask for you to cover each of them and lift them up to you. I pray any strong holds be broken and for your love to shine through and for each to know how much you love them all! Lord I love all of these special women you have put into my life and am so thankful although we have not yet met face to face and if we never do I will get to meet them in Heaven because of your great love! In Jesus' precious holy name, amen!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #2362
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- Praying for you and Reynolds.

Joan
Old 08-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #2363
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thanks my dear friends for the prayers. Reynold came back with good news from the surgeon. The glass tubing is still in his eye. The doctor did say that now when he blows his nose, 'stuff' may come out of the tube into his eye... they sorta forgot to tell him about that before surgery.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #2364
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Dear Jesus, I lift up Cat and Reynold to you right now - I ask you to intervene and heal their bodies and give them strength, peace and comfort. Thank you for all you do for each of us. I thank you for each of the ladies on this thread and for all of us that struggle, each in our own way I thank you for always hearing our prayers and intervening on our behalf. Thank you for Debbie and her son to be re-united with his parents and pray for protection and wisdom for him and for them to draw closer. I thank you for Joan and her family, praying that her tensions would ease over the job situation and praying for peace that passes all understanding and for her boss' heart to be softened. I pray for her husband I pray for peace of mind and deliverance from the depression and hurts he feels and prayers that he is drawn more to you and know your great love for him and his family. For Joann, I lift her up to you for her and her family and thankful for her new Pastor. Prayers that all will be blessed by this new edition and prayers for her girls as they grow and if they have struggles to know they can lean on you for direction. Lord I lift up everyone who has ever looked at this thread and thankful for all of the women I have gotten to meet and ask for you to cover each of them and lift them up to you. I pray any strong holds be broken and for your love to shine through and for each to know how much you love them all! Lord I love all of these special women you have put into my life and am so thankful although we have not yet met face to face and if we never do I will get to meet them in Heaven because of your great love! In Jesus' precious holy name, amen!
Amen. Lord, thank you for bringing Michele into our lives. I pray that you bless her and her family. Thank you for good news about Reynold's eye. Amen.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #2365
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

I don't know if any of you are still awake, but will you please pray for my dad? He has dementia and is lost. He's 83 years old. Mom lets him take the car by himself. He left home at 2:00 this afternoon, it's 11:00pm now and he hasn't returned. They live near Branson MO. They found out he used his credit card to get gas in Arkansas, so the police in Missouri and Arkansas are looking for him. My oldest brother and his wife are with Mom. Please pray that they find him soon and that he is safe. Please also pray for my Mom.

Thank you so much.

~Sue
Old 08-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #2366
Stazon Splitcoast

I just prayed for your dad and all of your family. Hope they find him soon.

I also have a prayer request. I just got off the phone with Sheri. There were shots fired in the building next to hers. Everyone was evacuated and some of them went to Sheri's. There is a guy barracaded in his apartment and no one knows for sure if his girlfriend and her 2 little kids are with him; and if so, they have no idea if anyone was shot. They moved everyone who was evacuated to the clubhouse for a head count. I'm just sitting here waiting for news from her. I'd feel better if she was in the clubhouse with the others. Her apartment's closest to the other building.

I'll be praying for everyone tonight.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #2367
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got word from Sheri that they got the guy. He shot the patio door. The girlfriend and kids got out of the building ok. That's one prayer answered in a good way tonight. I'm heading for bed soon, Sue. I hope in the morning you'll have good news for us. Wish I could be there to sit with you while you wait.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:41 AM   #2368
Pearl-ExPert

Gramma ~ I'm so glad to hear your good news. That was so scary.

My brother spoke with my Mom this morning, and there's no news. Please keep praying! I'm so grateful for this group of women I can always turn to, no matter what. Thank you!

Hugs,
Sue
Old 08-08-2012, 06:34 AM   #2369
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Thanks my dear friends for the prayers. Reynold came back with good news from the surgeon. The glass tubing is still in his eye. The doctor did say that now when he blows his nose, 'stuff' may come out of the tube into his eye... they sorta forgot to tell him about that before surgery.
Oh my goodness!!! I would think that is important to know!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #2370
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue - how scary for all of you. Said a prayer already.

Michele - your prayer was wonderful. This is such a caring group of people. I'm glad I know you!

Will be continuing to pray for everyone and their families. It seems everyone has something big happening in their lives right now.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #2371
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue, I was really hoping to for good news for you right now. Every time I woke up last night and first thing this morning, I prayed. (((((HUGS)))))
Old 08-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #2372
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Gramma ~ I'm so glad to hear your good news. That was so scary.

My brother spoke with my Mom this morning, and there's no news. Please keep praying! I'm so grateful for this group of women I can always turn to, no matter what. Thank you!

Hugs,
Sue

Sue, sending much love, hugs and prayers. <3
Old 08-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #2373
Gabfest Goddess

Dear Jesus, lifting up Sue and her family to you. Praying for a quick return of her father and pray for his travels to be safe and pray that you surround him with your protection and praying for extra peace for the family and her mom. Praying that he can have clarity in his mind to return to his family. During these difficult times I am so thankful that we have a loving God that we can go to and rely on and pour out our souls to and give every care and concern to you. I thank you for what you are already doing in this situation and give you honor and praise for all you do for all of us each and every day. Your mercies are new every day – with you Jesus all things are possible and every good and perfect gift is from above. IJN amen.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #2374
Stazon Splitcoast

I was really hoping Sue would have some good news for us by now.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #2375
Pearl-ExPert

No good news yet. His credit card was used in Cromwell OK this afternoon, and he was headed west. There is an APB out for him, so we're praying the police will find him soon. I can't imagine how scared he is. My mom is a wreck. I think I'm still in shock. I'm just numb, and haven't let myself cry yet. Thank you for all your prayers!

{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}
~Sue
Old 08-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #2376
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
No good news yet. His credit card was used in Cromwell OK this afternoon, and he was headed west. There is an APB out for him, so we're praying the police will find him soon. I can't imagine how scared he is. My mom is a wreck. I think I'm still in shock. I'm just numb, and haven't let myself cry yet. Thank you for all your prayers!

{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}
~Sue

Oh Sue, what a nightmare for you and your family. Truly asking God to intervene as only He can and bring your father quickly and safely home.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #2377
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I couldn't sleep so I came to check on any news. Still praying for all of you, Sue.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #2378
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}
~Sue
I've been praying for peace and comfort for your mom and you. It has to be so hard on you not being with your mom right now. I'm thinking lots of positive thoughts. I can't believe no one has found him yet. Praying for Jesus' loving arms to be around your dad right now and bring him comfort.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:20 AM   #2379
Gabfest Goddess

PRAISE GOD!!!! They found in Arlington TX. He's being treated for diabetes there. Sue is going to fly down and then drive him back
Old 08-09-2012, 05:47 AM   #2380
Stazon Splitcoast

Praise God that he was found!

Joan
Old 08-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #2381
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

This was the first news I looked for this morning. I am so very, very thankful that he was found and is being treated. I'm sure the family is relieved beyond words. God is Good!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #2382
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
PRAISE GOD!!!! They found in Arlington TX. He's being treated for diabetes there. Sue is going to fly down and then drive him back

Praising and thanking the Lord for His protection and goodness.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #2383
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you, Lord! I had a hard time sleeping last night. Not sure why. But every time I woke up I said a quick little prayer.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #2384
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Thank you, Lord! I had a hard time sleeping last night. Not sure why. But every time I woke up I said a quick little prayer.
God was using you!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #2385
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, after looking at the time Sue commented on FB about finding her dad, I was still up. I just missed the comment. I should have just gotten out of bed and turned on my computer.

Made it through the day. My boss's retirement was this afternoon. Oh my! We had a lot of people in that library. About 250 people signed the guestbook. I wasn't sure I had enough pages but I did. I think there was about 4 empty pages.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:13 AM   #2386
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - I'm sure that guest book will be a wonderful treasure!

A very rainy day on tap. Storms could be severe. We're packing for the beach!!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #2387
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Sounds like you had a great turn out!

Joanne- we had rain off and on yesterday!

Joan
Old 08-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #2388
Stazon Splitcoast

You ladies could send that rain our way.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:00 AM   #2389
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- we need the rain. Sorry I can't send it westward.

I am off to a family day in honor of my brother that died from lung cancer. It starts with a golf tournament. I do not golf. Then there are two family gatherings. All proceeds go to the Cancer Society. It looks like it will be a nice day!

Joan
Old 08-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #2390
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, I tried. Hopefully we'll get some rain soon. Sounds like you're going to have a busy day. What a nice way to honor your brother. I hope the tournament brings in lots of money.

Today's my Friday. I'm really liking my schedule. I hope my new boss doesn't want to change it. Yesterday was her first day as THE BOSS. I like her and she's easy to talk to. And she has no intention of letting this couple, who moved here from New York City a couple years ago, try to tell her how to do her job. And she certainly isn't going to let them call her the old goat like they did with Bonnie. Can you tell I really don't like these people? You just don't come from a big city to a little town and expect to have all that sophistication. I truly believe he verbally abuses his wife. She is rarely allowed to talk for herself unless, it seems to me, it is something he has previously approved. She just published a book of her poetry. I have read a couple of her poems that she had in our poet/artist pairing program and they were so boring, I never finished them. Maybe someone in a more cultured environment might like them. I don't know if anyone even checked her book out yet. Ok. I'll stop. I could go on an on about why I don't like these people, especially him, but I won't bore you about it.

DS got moved into his new apartment last weekend. I haven't seen it yet. Just haven't had time to get over there. He is so much happier and it shows. Everyone who comes in contact with him even notices. Especially his coworkers. He goes to court Monday to get the permanent protection order signed. Believe me, if I ever see her within 1500 feet of him, I'll be calling the cops. That woman is going to turn on someone and end up putting them in the ground one day. I guess that's what it's going to take to get her off the streets. It's too bad something real bad has to happen first. Her sister told DS that he is the first of her boyfriends to press charges against her for beating them up and she was proud of Nate for doing it. All the others were too embarrassed to admit a woman beat them up. I have to say I'm proud of Nate for speaking up and doing something about it. I wish more men and women would do that. It's the only way to break the cycle for them.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I'm looking forward to 5 pm so I can start my weekend.

Last edited by grammatroll; 08-11-2012 at 07:42 AM..
Old 08-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #2391
Stazon Splitcoast

I too am proud of Nate. It is hard to admit they you are abused.

Have a good weekend!

Joan
Old 08-12-2012, 06:20 AM   #2392
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Grateful to hear that Nate is taking the necessary and right steps against this woman. How terribly difficult all of this must be for him and for you. Clearly, this woman needs some major psychiatric help and perhaps some jail time as well.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #2393
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Loved our two week trip in Texas however have been sick since the day we left. Am on an antibiotic which is helping but still feeling yucky.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #2394
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- I am hoping this ill will pass quickly.

Hi to everyone else!

Joan
Old 08-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #2395
Stazon Splitcoast

Cat, I hope you feel much better soon.

I have spent most of the afternoon cleaning out my favorites file on my computer. Put the links to all of the sites I wanted to keep on a flash drive. And labeled the drive. The list is long. I weeded out a lot, too. I can't believe it took so long. Of course, I did get a little sidetracked in some crafting sites. I did get some laundry done, too, so it wasn't an entirely wasted day.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #2396
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I did this a few months ago and need to do it again soon!

Joan
Old 08-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #2397
Stazon Splitcoast

I need to keep on top of it.

BTW, Sue posted on facebook that she got her dad home ok and I believe she is back to her own home now.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #2398
Gabfest Goddess

I have missed so much! Life has really had me going lately. Debbie, hope your new boss keeps things the way you like them and thankful Nate has a new place. May God continue to watch over him and your relationship grow.

Joan, so nice about the day to remember your brother - special people do those things and donate to charity - that is you my friend!!

Cat - hope you and Reynold are feeling better!

I had such a bad Friday wore myself out emotionally. You know it's hard when you hate confrontration and I just like peace and DD wore me out I cried my eyes out for a few hours literally and then fell asleep for 2 hours. She has no idea the toll it takes on me. Her best friend yesterday in church said you look so sad can I pray for something for you I almost cried so put on my sunglasses and said yes just for me to feel more peaceful. DD was right there and she was petrified of what I would say but maybe I should have said my kid makes me crazy and cried for hours due to dis-respect and selfishness. . . But glad I didn't. Sorry I rambled still so tired from the day
I just think I really need some downtime without DD. My nephew is with us for a few days and I love him he is similar to me and doesn't like comotion or stress so he helps deflect. I think when she goes to camp I should take at least one vacation day! I feel like I am gonna explode soon and I hate that feeling! One of the teens who I did VBS with out of the blue, left a bible verse on my FB and it was about peace and that made me cry more because I know God was sending a message and using him to do it. I do love the teens and working with them, I just get so frustrated when mine gets so selfish. . . I guess we all can be like that but I guess I figure that I don't deserve her tantrums because I am a good mom.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #2399
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Thanks so much Michele for posting this. I've been a little busy and am just now catching up online.

~Sue
Old 08-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #2400
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Thanks so much Michele for posting this. I've been a little busy and am just now catching up online.

~Sue
Your welcome and I figured you were busy and so thankful you have dad back! Your such a good daughter to fly out and then drive back in his car. Peace for you and your family. Hugs!