Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #201
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Thanks for the info on filing taxes. We itemize, so I guess we will wait. We don't need to do the FAFSA for the first time in many years.

Joan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:10 AM   #202
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Went and saw Grease last night. Came home with a cold.

Hugs,
Sue
Old 02-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #203
Crimping Master

Good for you to have it done then,...the drug companys and any other bill collector truely don't care,...sad. How is Vince feeling? Do the meds help???
Old 02-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #204
Stazon Splitcoast

Vince is hanging in there, Barbi. Thanks for asking. He was on a new medication for his pulmonary hypertension but it made his wrists and ankles swell up....not good at all. So now he's back to the old medication. This cold weather is really hard on him. Part of it's his problem because he doesn't like having to carry his oxygen around. I can't blame him too much there because the backpack is hard to get on and adjusted correctly over all the winter garb. It really bothers him to see me out shovelling snow by myself. He had surgery on his right elbow in December to relieve a pinched nerve. He's so happy that he can hold a pencil for more than 5 minutes again. He was going nuts not being able to draw much. Now he's been getting new stuff ready for an art show coming up in March. I hope that one is as good as the one in November.

How is everyone this fine Sunday? It's gloomy here but no new snow as of yet. Still above zero. My driveway is one sheet of ice thanks to the thaw yesterday and dropping below freezing last night. That's just a sign that spring is getting closer.

I am so behind on my cards. I don't know why I don't make them up a couple months in advance so I'm not stressing about them and end up not making any. I'm going to be lucky if I get Valentine's cards made for the rest of my family.

Have lots to do today and so little time. If I stay off the computer, I'll get lots done. Have a great day, ladies.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #205
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone... One year ago today, I was preparing the food for my son's senior recital, going to a funeral and going to the hospital for the birth of my DGD. It was quite a weekend.
Hoping you all have a great Sunday and week ahead.

Joan
Old 02-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #206
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, I hope today wasn't quite as hectic for you.

I got some more Valentines done. Need to make 3 more for the family, then I'm kind of caught up. My room looks like a tornado just hit. When Vince is done with the envelopes for the girls, I'll post pictures. They are so cute. They look like he used stamps. He's having fun with them.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #207
Gabfest Goddess

Ever just feel kind of lost and sad - that's where I am today. I hate it when this comes over me! I hate this feeling
Old 02-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #208
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls - sorry I didn't update sooner.

Dad had pins or screws inserted today (Sunday). The doctor said it went really well and he should heal completely. They will be getting him up tomorrow and possibly starting PT. The doctor said if his therapy at the hospital goes well enough he might not need to go to rehab. I don't know if that is a great idea, but whatever! Dad wants to get up and moving. He wants to get home in his own bed. He is currently in ICCU since he had bypass surgery twice in the last ten years or so and they want to make sure they get everything stablized.

Thank you all for your prayers. It means a lot to me, especially since I wasn't able to rush right up there. At this point, mom thinks I should stay here for this week (questionable weather and I have my own doctor appointments I need to get to). Our family might head up Saturday/Sunday.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #209
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele - I have those days, too. I'm sorry. HUGS to you.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #210
Stazon Splitcoast

Michelle, I've been there, too. I felt that way Friday. I even wanted to quit my job.

Joanne, thanks for the update on your dad. Glad he's doing good.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #211
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Michele ~ I'm so sorry you're feeling that way. I know just what you mean. I felt that way the other day too. Praying that you come out of it as quickly as I did. {{{{{{{{♥}}}}}}}}

Love & hugs,
Sue
Old 02-07-2011, 04:50 AM   #212
Polyshrink Goddess

MICHELE

SO SORRY YOUR FEELING THAT WAY....MOST DAYS I FEEL LIKE A DOGS BREAKFAST....YUCK......
Old 02-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #213
Gabfest Goddess

Thank you ladies, I do feel better than yesterday now it's just like I want to do something and just don't know what that is yet. Feeling bottled up!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:00 AM   #214
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Ever just feel kind of lost and sad - that's where I am today. I hate it when this comes over me! I hate this feeling

My dear sweet friend, can more than relate to what you are feeling. Please know you are loved by so many and even more so by God - you are His beautiful princess! Sending much love, hugs and prayers your way.

This is a wise, sane Christian faith: that a man commit himself, his life, and his hopes to God; that God undertakes the special protection of that man; that therefore that man ought not to be afraid of anything.
-- George MacDonald
Old 02-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #215
Gabfest Goddess

Wow, I really liked "Princess" thanks!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:36 AM   #216
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sun is shining here today - is it by you, Michele? That usually helps me feel better. I have been having a hard time with all the gray days we've been having this winter.

HUGS to all.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #217
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey Michele I agree with Joanne, get out and absorb some sunshine! I'm like a plant, I NEED sunshine! And Joanne, I'm glad your dad is feeling better.
Cat, I love the quote.
Maddie, I'm scared to death to ask what your dog eats for breakfast!
Debbie, glad to hear Vince is doing better, and BJ, I agree with you - I'd like to knock those pharmeceutial companies down a notch or two.
Hi Sue, was this the first time you saw Grease? Have you seen a move called "Tortilla Soup"? It's really cute.
Had PT this a.m. and felt energized when I got home, so I got my dusting and the floors done. DS will be here in a little bit, so I can work on my knitting (still on my first sock) while we visit.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #218
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Sun is shining here today - is it by you, Michele? That usually helps me feel better. I have been having a hard time with all the gray days we've been having this winter.

HUGS to all.
It was clear for a while today should have went out for lunch, just worked through it!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #219
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsebroad View Post
Hey Michele I agree with Joanne, get out and absorb some sunshine! I'm like a plant, I NEED sunshine! And Joanne, I'm glad your dad is feeling better.
Cat, I love the quote.
Maddie, I'm scared to death to ask what your dog eats for breakfast!
Debbie, glad to hear Vince is doing better, and BJ, I agree with you - I'd like to knock those pharmeceutial companies down a notch or two.
Hi Sue, was this the first time you saw Grease? Have you seen a move called "Tortilla Soup"? It's really cute.
Had PT this a.m. and felt energized when I got home, so I got my dusting and the floors done. DS will be here in a little bit, so I can work on my knitting (still on my first sock) while we visit.
I have confidence you will finish that sock! You are so industrious! I had tried knitting and I was not good at it! You go girl!
Old 02-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #220
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Ladies-
Joanne- Glad dad is holding his own.
Michele- Hope you are feeling better. I really detest days like that.
Deb- Good luck on your knitting.
Caterina- Did Magda and the kids get to Poland safely?
Linda- Are you enjoying the cold?
Hi to everyone I have forgotten. It is one of those days!

Joan
Old 02-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #221
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Magda, Camron & Conrad left last evening for Poland and arrived around 7:30 am our time this morning. Am sure the family will enjoy seeing them for the month.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #222
Stazon Splitcoast

Vince got a letter from the company who has been paying for his Adcirca. Somewhere along the line between him changing from Adcirca to the other med and changing back to the Adcirca, they closed his account. So right now no one is helping to pay for it. These meds cost almost as much as I make in a year. Hopefully, he'll be able to straighten it all out tomorrow.

And why does my boss keep changing my schedule at tax time? She decided that I should work Fridays and have Mondays off. I still get my 3-day weekends, but I had a full schedule for taxes next Friday. So I talked to the coordinator and told her she needs to reschedule those appointments and I can start on Monday. Before I left work, Bonnie thought I should probably work Monday because the Friends of the Library are having theri annual Valentine pie social and maybe I could go help set things up. I told her I had to know right that minute because I'd have to call the credit union again and change things for next week one more time. She decided there would be enough help and won't need me. I think that woman is losing her mind. I am not working Monday; at the library anyway. i don't know what my appointment schedule looks like yet. I haven't even started and I already can't wait for tax season to end.

It's getting cold again. Low for tonight is supposed to be -33°. I'm tired of the cold.

I'm done with the b***h session. Going to go watch a little TV.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:51 AM   #223
Gabfest Goddess

Gramma, praying all gets worked out with Vince's meds quickly! I am so sorry I know it has to be frustrating! I hope your schedule at work clears up too!

I had a good night last night DD went into the craft room and she stamped some images and a few new ones and brought me up my pencils so I could color. We have our days but no one loves me the way she does! She told DH I was feeling bad and he was very sweet and things are not perfect with us but we had such a good evening last night. thankful!

Thinking of each of you and OK I want some warmer weather now!

Hugs
Michele
Old 02-08-2011, 05:52 AM   #224
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Magda, Camron & Conrad left last evening for Poland and arrived around 7:30 am our time this morning. Am sure the family will enjoy seeing them for the month.
I hope they have a fabulous time!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:53 AM   #225
Crimping Master

Deb,knitting too,...wow is there anything you don't do??? You have been busy,glad PT is making you feel better.

Gramma,the cost of meds are so REDICULOUS!!! Don't know where the money goes,...never mind,the big guys get it all,...forgot. Hope it gets stratened out soon,not healthy to have so much extra stress. Then the schedual too.

Michele,glad your feeling better,winter is so hard as we all need that sunshine,I do take extra vit D,...don't know if it really works but I feel like I'm doing something about it,...take it all year long as my idea of the great outdoors is looking at it threw the window.

Sue,so glad your on the up and up,...seeing your posts makes me smile.

Cat,wow Poland,...would love to go there,...one day,...Hope they have a great trip,keep us posted.

Linda,just thinking of you!

Joan,how is DH doing???

Well have cards to finish,DS is 16 tomorrow,...I don't know where the time goes and I have to make a card for that. When I asked what he wants for supper,...thought we should have something special,...he said Taco Bell. KIDS!!!
Have the laundry to keep moving too,...I truely believe someone is dropping stuff off here and extending this project to ETERINITY!!!
Well off to the craft room.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #226
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls! Michele - I hope today is a great one for you!!!! It is really sunny here but very, very cold (20s) and extremely windy. I am so very tired of the wind. It has been really out of control this year.

Gramma - oh those meds. I hope that gets straightened out soon. I'm sure it will. It is so frustrating! And I'm sorry the work schedule is so annoying. When it rains, it pours, right? HUGS to you.

Mom called to say they are moving dad to the rehab place this afternoon. She stayed home today - it was supposed to be lousy weather anyway and they weren't sure what time dad was going to be moved. She'll go tomorrow. The rehab place is a little farther away than the hospital, but not too bad. And interestingly enough, it is named Helen Hayes Rehab after the actress! My dad's friend used to know her family. Her home in Nyack, NY, was nearby. We used to drive by but couldn't really see anything because there was a stone wall out front.

I've been cooking all day! It's actually been a lot of fun. I have beef stew and pork chops in tomato sauce (my dad's favorite) in crockpots now. A chicken stew on the stove cooling. Turkey meatballs (they taste like Thanksgiving dinner all in one - I have a mushroom gravy to make for them). I'm going to make a spinach casserole (mostly for my mom) and tomato/basil/orzo soup. Then I'll be done today. I still want to make a meatloaf for us and a cauliflower dish for my mom. She loves veggie dishes but dad doesn't. I'd like to have some of these things for her! Bill is going to make a pulled pork to give them for sandwiches too. I think there was something else I was going to make, but I can't remember right now!
Old 02-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #227
Gabfest Goddess

Joann, my dad was at Helen Hayes after his stroke we visited a lot there and the staff was INCREDIBLE! I am so glad that's where he will be - it was so good for him. They really cared there and he got some outstanding help. I know your dad will get great care there! They even have people come in like with dogs, a piano player came and they had some great things to keep patients entertained in a way. My dad loved when the dogs came. I know rehab is not easy but it was truly a great place for it!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #228
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, I'm glad you're dad is doing so good. Sounds like he's in great hands. I had to chuckle about it being so cold in the 20's. To us that is warm these days. It's -4° but the windchill makes it -25. Not that is cold. Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Thanks for the prayers about Vince's meds. It turns out that the letter was sent out the same day he called and told them he was back on the Adcirca. Another letter is coming to let him know they cancelled the old account but set up a new one so the meds will be paid for. It's pretty bad when you hit the "donut hole" in January and out of it the end of February. It's nuts. That's one stressful thing out of the way. Now if only my bills will pay themselves; I would be hog heaven then. A person can dream, right?

I love it when things start falling into place. I can get back into my tax program so I can finally get my taxes done. At least I'll have a copy of them for all these grant companies. Can't e-file them until Monday. And my boss hasn't tried to change my schedule again. And it's only Tuesday. Hope the rest of the week goes like this.

Oh, yeah! I almost forgot. I don't know if I mentioned this (please forgive me if I did) but my niece was able to take the baby home yesterday after only a week at Children's Hospital. They were just waiting for him to eat consistently. That sure makes the family happy.

I think I'm done rambling. I'm just in a real good mood today. Must be the sunshine....even though it is cold out there. Have a terrific day.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #229
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- ramble all you want! I am thankful on all counts. Enjoy the cold. Pretty soon it will be hot. We had a warm up today.
Michele-praying for you and your family.
Barb- It seems strange when are kids age. Mine are 31,29, and 22. Am I getting old.
Joanne- all the food sounds good. My family would like tomato/basil/orzo soup. When you have time could I have the recipe?

DS and I went to Aunt Rose's 100th b-day party. There were tons of people. She was interviewed by a few tv stations and the local newspaper. When we left she looked tired.

Joan
Old 02-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #230
Stazon Splitcoast

OMG, Joan! I forgot about Aunt Rose's birthday. Hope she enjoyed her day.

Taxes are done, but can't e-file them until after 11 AM next Monday. At least the important part is done. Maybe not the most important part, but the priority part of it is done.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #231
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Debbie, so very grateful to the Lord for the good news about your niece taking the baby home and that things worked out for Vince's meds. God bless all of you!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #232
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Cat. I have a tendency to forget to put my trust in God every single day. He takes real good care of us.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #233
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Thanks, Cat. I have a tendency to forget to put my trust in God every single day. He takes real good care of us.

Amen to that!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #234
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for and thinking about all the friends. May God surround you with His love!

Joan
Old 02-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #235
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Praying for and thinking about all the friends. May God surround you with His love!
To you and your family too!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #236
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Girls!

Well it's sunny today just a bit windy, but it's all good! Beats the S word. It's suppose to get up to 40 over the weekend and I am pretty happy about that!

DD came home from school early she had a headache. But I think she was tired from snowboarding from last night. But DH went and got her and now she is sleeping. The ferrets were let out of their cage in her room at 7:00 am and we forgot all about them (thank goodness cage potty trained) and she got home by 1:00 PM so they had a fabulous morning. When she got home she picked up Boo Boo first and she said she got plenty of lick kisses from him, I told her he was thrilled all of that time out playing and napping! Yogi, comes out so easy she is such a gentle girl - she just hops over to get her pets and love and then the two were put away. Those little animals are so cool and very good for DD. They get a little crazy just like her!

I hope everyone has a blessed day!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #237
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- MAybe DD just needs some rest. I used to get migraines for a few days every month, Funny thing about the timing...
Joanne- Glad to hear your dad is doing so well!
Caterina- Have you heard from Magda and teh kids?

Joan
Old 02-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #238
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Michele- MAybe DD just needs some rest. I used to get migraines for a few days every month, Funny thing about the timing...
Joanne- Glad to hear your dad is doing so well!
Caterina- Have you heard from Magda and teh kids?

Have not talked with them yet but Magda did send a text saying the trip was the best one they have had. Thanks for asking.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #239
Gabfest Goddess

Joan, how is DH and the boys?
Old 02-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #240
Stazon Splitcoast

Dh has been feeling pretty good lately. He will always struggle with PTSD. Work has been a bit rough. Like most every worker the job is not secure. oldest Ds is still job searching. Middle DS, DIL and DGD are doing well. DGD is 1 year old now! youngest ds is working at the college. I miss listening to him perform at the concerts. Thanks for asking, Michele.

Joan