Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #2321
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
I don't know if I told you that DS decided to give his GF one more chance when she got out of the state hospital after cutting her wrists. She got out last week. She blew her last chance. She put DS in the emergency room last night. According to DS they were doing good all day. They went to the lake and had supper where he works. All of a sudden something set her off (probably her psycho mind) and she grabbed him by his hair and started hitting him with something she grabbed out of the sink. She kept hitting him in the face over and over and cut open his mouth. When he got away from her he ran across the street and had the neighbors call the cops. He has no idea what set her off or what she hit him with. She also threw something heavy at him when he was fleeing and it hit him in the back of the head. The cop couldn't believe Nate didn't black out. He ended up with 22 stitches inside and outside of one side of his mouth. It's a good thing I didn't see him before the stitches. It just makes me sick. I told him a few weeks ago that she's going to kill him one of these days. After last night he finally thinks I'm right. I'm surprised she didn't break his jaw. I'm so glad the boys weren't there to see that. She was so sure she was going to get the boys back once she was released from the mental hospital. The cop told Nate she started hitting herself to make it look like he hit her. He told the cop that he feared for his life and would have liked to hit her but couldn't. They couldn't find what she was hitting him with. There was a knife in the sink but Nate's pretty sure it wasn't that. He figured if she had grabbed the knife she would have stabbed him with it. They need to put in her in prison for a few years. If it was Nate beating on him, he would be sent away quicker. It's not the first time she has assaulted him. Domestic abuse isn't a one way street. You never hear about a woman physically abusing a man. It sounds like he may move in with one of his bosses until he can get his own place. If not, I'll have to pack up my craft room to make room for him here.

Wow, there are no words... domestic abuse most certainly is not a one-way street. Sadly, most men do not report such abuses. So so so sorry.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #2322
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

OH Debbie!!!! I am so sorry, but I do think your son finally understands. She needs to go back to the mental hospital or PRISON like you said. I am so thankful he isn't any worse. I'm sure you are worried sick. Will be praying for all of you. Oh my goodness!!!!

Michele - I agree - work is easier than child rearing. We can't get away from the child rearing. At least there is a CHANCE we can leave our jobs behind when we go home. Not always, but a greater chance.

Woke up to glorious weather today. But only today. Tomorrow is back to the soup. YUCK

Joan - you are a wonderful sister. Wish I lived closer- I would come get you and do something! Or just visit. HUGS.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #2323
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- U am so very thankful that your son with be okay physically. It is hard to get out of a bad relationship. And yes, men are abused by women on a daily basis. Unfortunately, men are usually to proud and ashamed to come forward. You have been a good mom and always stood beside him. I will continue prayers for him. She needs to go away for ever!

Michele- You are such a great person. Some people just are not meant to be parents. However, they continue to have children and have NO clue of how to care for them. Sorry, that is a hot spot for me!

Joanne- I wish you lived near me too! I would love to have a friend to do things with me.

Caterina- Thinking of you and Reynolds.

It is hot and humid here. We are under a heat advisory again. it seems like we can never get out of this heat cycle. I want cool to cold weather, SOON!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #2324
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the prayers, everyone. DS talked to a victims advocate today. Since he agrees to go through with prosecuting the GF, the state will pay his hospital bill and the ambulance. The neighbors across the street said they saw the GF beating on DS while he was trying to get away from her. I guess she was beating on him while he was trying to get out the door. Anyway, they told DS that she was beating him with her fist. They didn't see anything in her hand. However, it was a cinder block she threw at him while he running away from her. It's a good thing he was on the move when she threw it at him or it would have done a lot more damage. He said his mouth didn't hurt today, but the rest of him is pretty sore. He went into the restaurant he works to get boxes to pack his stuff up. His bosses and the coworkers are really mad. She better not step foot in there or she'll be in big trouble. Since the trailer they were living in belongs to her dad he needs to move. They're giving him a couple weeks to get moved. They don't hold anything against DH. The sister said she was going to go to the detention center tomorrow and tell GF that she is on her own and she's not allowed back in the trailer and to stay away from the family. Of course, she's going to make it out like she's the victim. Her own family have been trying to get DS to get smart and leave her. He just thought they didn't like him, which may somewhat true. Breaking from that whole family will be the best thing for Nate. Wouldn't you know my BIL just rented out his rental house. There's just not that many affordable places to rent who will allow pets. He has a dog and a ferret.

Joan, it's been hot during the day here, but dropping down to the 50's at night. Fall won't be too far around the corner when it gets that cool at night. We're all enjoying those cool nights. Sorry. I just had to rub that into you.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #2325
Gabfest Goddess

Debbie this whole thing stinks! But I am glad your DS is safe now and that she will pay for what she has done and I don't think she should get those kids back. Thankful the neighbors stood up for DS and that he was in motion - I can't imagine!! Prayers and hugs to you across the miles.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #2326
Stazon Splitcoast

I wanted to cry when DS stopped by the library this afternoon. I need to get a picture of him with his stitches. I was too upset Tuesday night and didn't have a camera on me today. He got a restraining order today. This one is only for 20 days but he goes to court 8/15 to get the permanent one. He's doing pretty good through all of this. I just hope he can find a place to live where he can keep the dog and ferret. I'm not sure how that would go over here with 3 dogs and a ferret. I just have to pray real hard for God to intervene for him. I haven't seen the bruises on his back. I'm surprised his face around the stitches didn't bruise. She hit him hard enough.

We had our staff retirement dinner for my boss tonight. Amazingly, we didn't have any tears. She retires in 2 weeks. The tears will be flowing then. It's going to be a crazy day with the retirement party being at the library during business hours.

Hope you all had a good week and willhave a fun weekend.

Oh, yeah. I got my van back today!!!!! Now when I think of something I'd like to do, I don't have to depend on Vince for a ride. I was going to walk to work this morning until I remembered that I was taking my laptop to work with me. I wasn't going to walk a mile lugging that thing. The wife of one of my classmates came by the library to download her pictures onto my camera.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #2327
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- praying fir your DS. I am sure you are overly elated to get your van back. As a non-driver I depend on these legs and the bus.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #2328
Stazon Splitcoast

We had dinner at a Chinese restaurant with my dad tonight. For a change I didn't eat the buffet. I still at too much but brought my leftovers home for lunch tomorrow. I am so wanting to have time to make cards right now, but I only have 2 weeks to get my boss's guest book done. I could probably get more done if I would just take the time to clean the mess off my desk instead of trying to work around it. I'm still working on writing thank you notes. I am so glad Vince designed them this year.

Need to talk to my mechanic to find out why the service engine soon light is on. Hope it's nothing major. I still haven't paid him for the labor. I need to do that Monday. I'm pretty sure it's going to max out my charge card. I had hoped I wouldn't max out my card ever again.

Sheri had to put her dog to sleep today. I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet, but she's pretty upset. So is Bailey. Lyra will adjust better than her mom and sister. Right now isn't a good time for them to get a new puppy.

I'm trying to doze off so better get up and move around. It's way too early to go to bed.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #2329
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A quick post to say hello and to let you know that Reynold and I are so very grateful to be able to attend Glenn Beck's Restoring Love three-day event. Here is a link that shows some photos of today's Day of Service... see if you can find us in our yellow vests...

Updating: Thousands serve in Dallas, TX on Restoring Love’s “Day of Service” – Glenn Beck
Old 07-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #2330
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - I will be praying that Nate can find a place. It is hard to find a place - especially when you need it so quickly. I'm sure the Lord will provide. I'm glad the neighbors saw what was going on. That will help in all this as well.

HOT and HUMID and storms abound. Hubby and I are in the Baltimore/DC area and I was worried about the girls losing power at home. I know Marie (oldest) would have a very hard time if that happened. Storms rolled through last night but lights only flickered - no worse- thank goodness.

It is the weekend! Hope everyone can relax and enjoy for at least a bit!
Old 07-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #2331
Stazon Splitcoast

I find it kind of funny that when I was working 3 hours a day the time seemed to drag. Now that I'm working 6 hours a day, the time is flying. Of course, I have lots more to do besides sit at the circulation desk. Our volunteer who used to come in once a week to shelve books decided to retire from that. The other volunteer is going to quit the same day my boss is retiring. That means I'll be doing the jobs they did plus other things that need to be done. Really, 6 hours isn't enough time to do it all. I am loving this new schedule of mine.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #2332
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- thinking of your ds. I am happy that you are getting more hrs. How is Vince doing?

Caterina- You sure had an eventful week. It sounds like a fun time. I love volunteering. It does something for the soul.

Joanne- Hope the weekend is great for you and your DH. Happy the girls are safe.

It is humid here. It is worse after the storms rolled thru.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #2333
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, Vince is doing good. Thanks for asking. The heat and humidity is getting to him. And the humidity isn't that high. We are having our appreciation pizza party Tuesday evening. I haven't had very many RSVPs so have no idea how many will show up. I can also order more pizza if I need to. DS gets his stitches out tomorrow. I haven't talked to him today so have no idea how he is doing with his packing. I thought he'd call for some help. I'm sure I'll hear from him tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #2334
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- have fun at the pizza party. Do you organize that, too? Thinking of you all! The humidity has been high all summer here. I am tired of it and can't wait for COLD weather.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #2335
Stazon Splitcoast

The pizza party is in my backyard. I'm trying to decide if I want to cut up a bunch of veggies, order them from the grocery store's deli or leave them out. Same with fruit. I have to decide within the next hour or two so I can go shopping and get all that done today. I have to work tomorrow until an hour before the party. It's so expensive having the deli do all the work, but it sure saves me a lot of time. I'll decide while I'm working on the guest book for my boss's retirement next week.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #2336
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - Hope you son continues to do well. You are such a busy lady. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

We might get some rain this week. We need it so I won't complain. It is a bit cooler which is nice. Still humid though.

I have a bunch of little things to do this week. I should just get them all done and be over it! But I don't feel like going out today! I did make some phone calls. One I have to wait until tomorrow - my hair salon. They are closed on Mondays.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #2337
Gabfest Goddess

Oh my time with with cousin is coming to an end, I am tired this has taken a lot out of me - I drive Friday afternoon 4 hours to Baltimore a/p to bring her back for her flight and I am ready just cause it is tiring. Sorry I have been MIA - but have been thinking of you all!! Hoping to get to the Baltimore Aquarium with DD on Saturday.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #2338
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- It is fun to have company.... but it does get tiring.

I am thinking of all! Have a great Tuesday.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #2339
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

MIchele - you have to drive a long way to get her back! We've been to the Baltimore aquarium twice this month! We should have bought a season pass or whatever it is called. We met friends there last Thursday. They were coming back from a cruise and we met them to visit. It was so hope that we decided the aquarium was the best bet - A/C!!!!

I'm feeling exceptionally lazy today. Woke up with a headache. I'm going to try and stamp.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #2340
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so pooped out. The pizza party is finally over and most of the mess is cleaned up. I'll finish in the morning. We ended up with a lot of leftover pizza. Come on over for some. I'm going to take some to work with me tomorrow and let the girls help eat some. Maybe someone will be nice and take the leftovers home. We didn't have nearly as many as we expected. Everyone had a good time and the dogs behaved themselves. Timber did try to help a couple people eat their pizza but he didn't get away with it.

Joanne, hope the headache's gone.

The situation with DS has brought us so much closer again. I have to be grateful for that. God always takes a bad situation and makes it into something great. How could I have forgotten that? I was afraid DS would go into a depression over all of this, but he seems so much more relaxed. He still hasn't found a place to move to. I'm sure God will lead him to the right place.

I really need to get some sleep. Have a good week.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #2341
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
I am so pooped out. The pizza party is finally over and most of the mess is cleaned up. I'll finish in the morning. We ended up with a lot of leftover pizza. Come on over for some. I'm going to take some to work with me tomorrow and let the girls help eat some. Maybe someone will be nice and take the leftovers home. We didn't have nearly as many as we expected. Everyone had a good time and the dogs behaved themselves. Timber did try to help a couple people eat their pizza but he didn't get away with it.

Joanne, hope the headache's gone.

The situation with DS has brought us so much closer again. I have to be grateful for that. God always takes a bad situation and makes it into something great. How could I have forgotten that? I was afraid DS would go into a depression over all of this, but he seems so much more relaxed. He still hasn't found a place to move to. I'm sure God will lead him to the right place.

I really need to get some sleep. Have a good week.
I hope you get some good rest and I am thankful that the situation is bringing you closer with DS. I know it's difficult but your right God is so good!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #2342
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
MIchele - you have to drive a long way to get her back! We've been to the Baltimore aquarium twice this month! We should have bought a season pass or whatever it is called. We met friends there last Thursday. They were coming back from a cruise and we met them to visit. It was so hope that we decided the aquarium was the best bet - A/C!!!!

I'm feeling exceptionally lazy today. Woke up with a headache. I'm going to try and stamp.

Yes, 4 hours to Baltimore will stay a night and I like the way you think with A/C!! Hope you had a good visit with friends!

I think I will be taking DD and her friend and make a little trip out of it! The girls spent hours today cutting all the craft supplies for VBS crafts for next week. Very thankful for the help! It would have taken me so long by myself and I made them do extra since they are young.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #2343
Gabfest Goddess

Joan, how is DGD? How are the "boys" and DH?

Cat, I hope you are enjoying your trip!!
Old 08-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #2344
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- "Many hands make light work." Sure is a true saying. An update on the family. DGD is doing well. She is growing really fast and as smart as a whip. I know spoken as a true gamma. Youngest DS starts grad school next week. he is going to work his full time job, attend school and keep teaching music lessons. I pray he doesn't burn him self out. Middle DS is the same. Still in pain most of the time. Oldest DS is looking for a new job. He just doesn't see this one as permanent. he was unemployed for over a year before getting this one. I do hope he can find a good job with benefits. Dh is struggling again. It seems he is better for awhile and then PTSD kicks him for a loop. Thanks for asking. I hope I didn't overdue it.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #2345
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - glad that the party is over. How I would love a piece of pizza. Friends had some the other day and I wanted it sooooo badly. Trying to stick with my diet though. I may have to breakdown at some point though! Just one piece. Well, maybe two . . .

Also glad that this is bringing you closer to your son. A friend and her husband are going through a rough patch. Actually, they have been for several years. He had prostate cancer a few years ago and I was hoping they would work things out then. Now he is very concerned about his job. I don't know if this will bring them together or finally break them. They have six children - the youngest is 9, oldest is 24.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #2346
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, I'll be praying for you friend.
Joan, I'll pray for your family, too.
Michele, have a fun, safe trip.

I went to bed with a book last night. Thought that would help me wind down enough to go to sleep. It sure worked. I decided after reading the same paragraph several times because I kept dozing off, it was time to go to sleep. It didn't take long for me to be out. It was nice knowing I didn't have to be to work until noon.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #2347
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Debbie! I find myself falling asleep doing crossword puzzles. I occasionally have a long pen line across the page.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #2348
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just a quick post to say hello. Reynold and I have so thoroughly enjoyed our trip. God blessed us with beautiful weather, Beck's Restoring Love event was beyond awesome. Met so many wonderful people during the three-day event, listened to incredible inspiring speakers and it was great to be a small part of the day of service with 35,000 other volunteers.There is so much I could share about Restoring Love however it take pages....

While in Dallas, met an online Facebook friend for the first time and it was like we had know each other for years. Also, got to visit a very dear friend who moved from Maryland to Texas 27 years ago.

Have had some physical issues but am extremely grateful to God to have been able to make the trip.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #2349
Stazon Splitcoast

Cat, it sounds like you had a wonderful time.
Joan, has it cooled down for you yet? I slept with the windows open last night. It felt so good. Finally cooled down down a bit and we got a lot of rain. It was a little chilly when I got out of bed this morning. Loving it. I think it's supposed to get hot again soon.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #2350
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope you're all having a good weekend. I'm at work right now. It was crazy for a while. It seemed like everyone came in at once and needed my attention right now. Normally we only have 2 people working on Saturday but we have more today because of the book fair.

DS found a place to move into. He can start moving in tomorrow. Good thing since he has to be out of his place by Tuesday. He doesn't have too much to move. His boss is lending him the up front money.

Guess I better get back to work. I am so ready for my weekend to start.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #2351
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I know it is late but did want to let you know that TBN is airing the Restoring Love finale right now and we are so grateful to have been in the audience. Hopefully, TBN will air it again.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #2352
Gabfest Goddess

Hi girls, safely to and from Baltimore! The ride was so good - I was thankful that God and GPS helped me tremendously. My cousin got to the a/p and she was upset she didn't really want to leave but I could not keep her. . . She kept on asking if the plane doesn't arrive (cause it was late) can she stay at the hotel with us. I got a great company rate on a suite at the hotel and I took the shuttle bus to the airport with Kate for free and then no juggling in and out of the a/p. I am just so tired. Lots of driving and running around! Thankful to be home and have some quiet today. Slept for a bit and plan on sleeping again soon! VBS starts tomorrow and I am doing crafts!! Taking 1/2 days for the week so that I didn't just run out of days quickly. I always usually need some for Jenn.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #2353
Gabfest Goddess

Joan, Praying for DS and DGD sounds way too cute I think that little ones are the best!
praying DH will experience more peace. . . Hugs to you I know that is difficult on you too.

Debbie, glad your DS found a place and how nice of his boss! God is good!

Joanne, hope you had a good day at church today! And that all are doing well in your family.

Cat, so glad that you enjoyed your trip! Sounds like such a blessing. . . I can't believe I only missed you by a day!! I am making plans to go again I loved our trip and didn't do the aquarium due to time mostly. The hotel was so much fun for DD and her BFF that they had so much fun there then we went to the shops by the aquarium. I want to pay the $$ and get the chance to swim with the dolphins that is my dream!

My friends my BFF from church had a kidney transplant please pray for her she was in pain today at home and goes to the clinic tomorrow to see if there is fluid around new kidney. Prayers for peace and healing are so greatly appreciated.

Hugs!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #2354
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- thanks for your prayers and concern for my family. Yes, It does hurt me. I will say and extra prayer for your friend.
Feeling a bit down. I really am very apprehensive about going back to work in a few weeks. I am very aware that it is not the best situation for myself.

Debbie- Today was my kind of day. it was only 77 with a gentle breeze and low dew pt. I can hardly believe it is only 58 degrees right mow!

I hope everyone has a good week. Please pray for my youngest DS. he is so stressed over starting his Masters. Now his car is acting up. He is a worry wart. I wonder where he gets that from? LOL
Old 08-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #2355
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, glad you had a safe, fun trip.
Joan, our cooler weather didn't last long. It was back in the high 90's again today. Looks like more of the same tomorrow.

I just said a prayer for all of you and your friends and family.

I've been working all day long on the guest book for my boss's retirement. Oh, why did I put off working on it for so long. If I had worked on one or two pages a day it would be done by now. I'm almost done. Was really hoping to get it done before bed, but had to quit before I stared making mistakes that I can't cover up. I hope to finish it tomorrow before helping DS move. I'm not going to depend on it. As long as I have it done by Thursday, I'll be okay.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #2356
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I am just going to enjoy the few cooler days. I know that when school starts it will be HOT again. I am thinking about your family. How is you daughter and DGDs doing? Your son is doing the right thing. Take care.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #2357
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, the girls are doing good. They miss their dog a lot, but they've been so busy with the fair this week they haven't had time to think much about Kaiser. DS is supposed to sign the lease on his new place today, hopefully. He has to be out of the trailer by tomorrow. DH is getting by. He really needs to get back on some meds for his pulmonary hypertension. He really feels the difference. We'll find out later this month what the pulmonologist wants him to do. I have a feeling we'll be going back to Rochester for more tests. I hope not. I'm so close to paying off the last visit and would like to keep it that way for awhile. It's going to be another hot day today. Thankfully, DS doesn't have a lot of stuff to move. Not good moving weather.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #2358
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello to all, Reynold and I had a wonderful two weeks in Texas. Grateful that I did not get sick until the very last day. Have a doctor's appointment later today.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #2359
Gabfest Goddess

Cat, how did doctor go? Hope you are feeling better!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #2360
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Cat, how did doctor go? Hope you are feeling better!

Got some meds and need to get some blood work done. Still feeling a little unwell, thanks for asking.

Btw, Reynold just left to see the eye surgeon. He thinks the glass tube that was put in may have fallen out.