Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #2241
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Hi girls!

What a great 28 hours, went to the scrapbook expo and was so pleased they had a lot more stamping stuff it was so nice to spend the night at the hotel - we took that copic class and what an eye opener and now I understand but need to practice I have had them for 1.5 years sold off some stuff to get them and realized I was in over my head but today's morning class was so cool! So happy now I get how they work and the numbering - very cool.

DD is at a pool party and DH is at work! DD was good she put on my ac so now super comfy!! love it I am a happy woman!

I hope everyone is keeping cool!

Hugs
Michele, glad you had such a great time at the expo. Love the copics and did take the #101 class at a local scrap store. Keep meaning to get to the #102 & #103 classes.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #2242
Stazon Splitcoast

I keep thinking I'd like to invest in some copics, but afraid to spendl the money and be frustrated. There are no craft classes at all around here. I'd have to do all my learning online. Maybe someday.

Will you all please pray for Vince so he won't become too exhausted and overheated the next few days. We're almost ready for our 4th of July celebration. Have a lot to do on Monday and Tuesday. Looks like it's going to be a hot day on Wednesday. He's already getting so tired. It doesn't help that he's not any meds for his pulmonary hypertension. I have a sinking feeling he just might have to go to Mayo Clinic again and end up having surgery on the deformed veins.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #2243
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
I keep thinking I'd like to invest in some copics, but afraid to spendl the money and be frustrated. There are no craft classes at all around here. I'd have to do all my learning online. Maybe someday.

Will you all please pray for Vince so he won't become too exhausted and overheated the next few days. We're almost ready for our 4th of July celebration. Have a lot to do on Monday and Tuesday. Looks like it's going to be a hot day on Wednesday. He's already getting so tired. It doesn't help that he's not any meds for his pulmonary hypertension. I have a sinking feeling he just might have to go to Mayo Clinic again and end up having surgery on the deformed veins.

Trusting God to keep His protection over Vince and pray that he will not have any surgery.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #2244
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I will add more prayers for Vince and you too! Hugs and more hugs

Michele- I am not good at coloring so spending money on copics would be a waste. However, I thoroughly enjoy looking at other people's creations. Go for it!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #2245
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the prayers.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #2246
Gabfest Goddess

Lifting up Vince over this week. . . Prayers for healing and times of restoration and rest for him. Hope you guys have an awesome 4th!

The copics do take some practice once I get it down, I will upload! I can't believe it is already July! Wow! Time always flys in the Summer!

I hope everyone enjoys their day today! It is another hot one today here!

Cat, what is the name of the local store by you?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #2247
Stazon Splitcoast

We spent half the day getting all the food together. Just need to get the watermelons tomorrow and one more grill. We have a lot of stuff to haul to the park. We're lucky enough to have the Catholic Church across the street so we take the food there to store until Wednesday morning. They have a nice big walk in cooler.It's a good thing we have a lot of generous businesses in town, because I spent over $900 on the food that wasn't donated to us. I put a big dent in the checking account today. Got to go. We're off again. Now it's lunch and buy a birthday present for BIL. Have a great day.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:35 AM   #2248
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I am praying the day goes well. You have been planning for so long. sounds like you have every thing under control.

Well still more 90+ days around here. I wonder what I did before A/C?
Old 07-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #2249
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quick post - Doctor called this morning and will be doing surgery this afternoon on Reynold's nose to remove a suspicious spot. It will be done in the office and we have Camron & Conrad... fun day.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #2250
Stazon Splitcoast

Cat, hope the day isn't too hectic for you.

It's supposed to get up to 86 today. Probably will end up being 90. A few days ago the forecast for tomorrow was high 80's. Today the forecast is 77. It's still going to be warm but not as hot as previously forecasted. Wish you all could be here tomorrow. Not that I would have time to visit with anyone. I've been wanting to have a couple guest books for people to sign while waiting in the food line. I just need to convince Vince that we should do it. If I can find a couple inexpensive ones today, I just might do that. Someone can sit at a small table between the food lines. I don't have time to make any today. I've been toying with that idea for a couple years now. It would be nice to see where a lot of those people come from. I know there are quite a few come from out of state and Canada. The only other countries I know of have been Norway, Australia and Great Britain.

Guess I better take a shower and get ready for the day. Still lots to do. Have a great Independence day to all of you. Keep safe and pray for no fires.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #2251
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Quick post - Doctor called this morning and will be doing surgery this afternoon on Reynold's nose to remove a suspicious spot. It will be done in the office and we have Camron & Conrad... fun day.
My sweet friend I hope your DH is doing well and thinking of you guys and praying for you! Sometimes it is good to have the little ones cause they can distract us - in a good way! HUGS
Old 07-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #2252
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Surgery went well and the doctor said he tried to get as much done as he could. Biopsy results will take about a week. Thanks so much for your sweet thoughts and prayers.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #2253
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, thank you for the awesome card. I haven't had too much time to make cards lately. I'm lucky if I get a birthday card made before the birthday.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #2254
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

My goodness - I haven't been here in over a week! How did that happen?

Well, I do know how - I have actually been cleaning my house and haven't been on as often.

Debbie - will be praying extra hard for you and Vince tomorrow. Our weather here is awful. I cannot imagine being outside in this. Joan- your DH working in weather like this - Oh dear!!!

We had a meeting last night with our new pastor and a few other people from church. It was a very uplifting meeting. Had four youth (including my two daughters) sit in. They had some great comments. I emailed one of the girls today and she said her parents left feeling really great about our church again. After the year we had (and our pastor before that hadn't done much in the last four years) I think this might be a time of revitalization! I hope so!

Hope everyone has a safe Independence Day!!! You are all very special ladies!
Old 07-04-2012, 05:28 AM   #2255
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Independence Day!

We're pretty much ready to get everything to the park this morning. Bad news is the starter in Vince's truck is going out. We're going to get it to the partk, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to start after we get there. That means he'll have to keep it running until we don't need it any more. It also means that someone is else is going to have to make 2 trips to haul the one of the big grills and a trailer home. We'll also have to borrow a truck tomorrow to return the grills and all the other stuff we borrowed. Bad timing. More than ever, I'm wishing I hadn't sold my little Ranger. We'll get through the day as long as my van keeps running. It's pretty much running on STP right now. I know God is watching over us.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #2256
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

Not sure if anyone has read the entire Declaration of Independence but would highly suggest that you do so. It is an amazing document that truly gives me chills.

Here is a link
Declaration of Independence - CNN.com
Old 07-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #2257
Stazon Splitcoast

Have a great day!
Happy FOURTH of JULY!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #2258
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Have to praise God for the new wheelchair that we were able to get today. It was posted on the Yard Sale side of freecycle. It is much better and more comfortable than the nearly 20 year old one we were using. The people even reduced the price!! So very grateful.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #2259
Gabfest Goddess

Hope everyone had a good 4th and hoping Debbie that all went well with Vince, the truck and the party!

Cat, that is totally awesome about the wheel chair! It's amazing how much they have changed over the last 20 years too!

Joanne so glad that the church meeting went well and change can be awesome for church - hoping the new Pastor breathes some new life in for you guys!

Joan, thanks for the lovely card!! DD said to me when she saw it, gee Joan must like you! I thought that was cute and I smiled and I said yes your right and I like her a lot too!

Yesterday was good just hot. We went to Pastor's house for a BBQ which was nice but I wasn't gonna get into a bathing suit there! so it was hot but it was nice to sit and talk and get to know some people better! I am talkative if I know people but can be a wall flower when I don't. DH even showed up after work, that was NICE, I was good and made him a plate and Pastor saw me and said that was so nice Michele - my girlfriend says "hey your making the rest of us look bad - I thought we were friends, lol"

Then home by 7:00 for To be home with Mickey before the local fireworks started – my boy doesn’t like those loud noises or to go through them alone.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #2260
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- the feeling is mutual.

Debbie- How was your 4th of July event? I hope it was cooler than here. 101 with a dew point of 70 is tooo much for me.

We went to visit my MIL. I am sure I have told you many times how trying this is for me. I just listened and listened. DH felt he needed to go because his sister is always complaining that she has to do everything for mom. She does take her to the dr and then shopping. However, his sister was forced into early retirement so she is home during the day and lives half the distance we do.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #2261
Stazon Splitcoast

We survived the day. Even though were running bahind schedule, we got everthing set up on time. I had a 4H group to help with the elderly people. Their leader told me to call them next year. One good benefit for working at the library is the different people I see a lot. The truck didn't start in the morning so my son had to make two trips. I dearly love Vince's nephew and niece, but sometimes they just don't pay attention when you tell them something. We told them Tuesday we will need to load a lot of stuff into their truck when they come to get one of the big grills. They showed up with a load of grass clippings so that eliminated the space we needed. Then as we were unloading my van and DS;s truck next to where we wanted the stuff, the guy who does the mowing at the park came and got into our faces about not parking on the grass. When he wouldn't shut up long enough for us to explain that we weren't leaving them on the grass, I got into his face and told him to shut his mouth and listen to what we have to say. I told him I haven't had a good morning to start with and I didn't need his crap and to get his truck out of my way so I can go get another load of stuff. He walked away and started on my BIL, who happens to be on the city council, and got into his face. BIL told him to get lost that we have permission from his boss. I finally told him I was calling a tow truck if he didn't move immediately or I will drive across the whole park to get where I needed to go. He stayed away the rest of the day. The people who there to help us set up couldn't believe I did that. I told the guy he really didn't want to piss me off (excuse the language). I am usually a nice quiet person, but I will only take so much from anyone before I let loose. The rest of the day went by pretty smooth. Next year I'm going to make signs to put on the food tables so my help will know how I want it set up. I found yesterday, it didn't help to tell them, because they had it turned around anyway. But it was free help. It was just hard on me being pulled in twenty different directions at once. I would start one thing and get interrupted and forgot what I was doing. We are totally beat today, but we still have lots to do. We have to unload the stuff that stays here then need to return the other stuff. Then I have to repack stuff for storage. I think I should have taken the rest of the week off, but right now going to work sounds heavenly. By the way, I walked miles yesterday and most of it was at the park. Never did get to see the fireworks, we were too tired to leave the house. Better get back to work.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #2262
Stazon Splitcoast

I forgot to mention the weather was perfect. Not hot. Of course, the park has lots of trees for shade.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #2263
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Sorry that your day had so many glitches. You are a wonder to put all this together. You know the saying... plan, plan and then plan. I am sure everyone appreciated all your hard work. Have a good day at work.

here are cards I made for a mom of one of my friends. She will be 90 on Saturday. She collects lady bugs
Attached Thumbnails
lady-bug-note-cards.jpg   lady-bug.jpg  
Old 07-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #2264
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, those ladybug cards are so cute. You make awesome cards.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #2265
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Joan, those ladybug cards are so cute. You make awesome cards.

Yes she does!!

Joan, need you to visit me sometime to give me some of your mojo.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #2266
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Has anyone heard how Christine is doing? Thought about her today.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #2267
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes she does!!

Joan, need you to visit me sometime to give me some of your mojo.
She needs to come visit me, too.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #2268
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Has anyone heard how Christine is doing? Thought about her today.
She's been on facebook a lot but not saying too much. Haven't seen Sue lately. I don't spend too much time on fb.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #2269
Gabfest Goddess

I have only seen Christine on facebook. . . I hope she gets a chance to check in her and Sue and Barbi and Linda and all the others I am sure I am missing!

Joan - cards are so cute!!

Debbie, glad all is well though good that it was not too hot in the park!

Cat how is your DH doing?

Joanne - try to hide today it is HOT

I packed up some crafting stuff to bring to shore with me I can do at night down there outside is nice at 7:00 PM or so, If not, I will do in my "room" for a bit anyway - need to get some more cards made and think about Christmas stuff. . .

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I am bringing my laptop but not sure if I will be able to get onto it or not. I love to surf the cards before bed it empties my brain!

HUGS
Old 07-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #2270
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Michele, according to the eye doctor, Reynold's eye surgery is healing well. We will hear about the biopsy from his nose next week. Thanks so much for asking.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #2271
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello friends!

Debbie - you work very, very hard for that celebration. I'm glad you spoke up to that guy. Sounds like he needed it!

I tried to get all my running done today. It was not horrible. Yes, it was hot, but the humidity was extremely low. Thank goodness. Tomorrow - I'm not planning to go outside. I will finish my laundry and do the cleaning I need for my SIL and her hubby to visit next week. For the first time EVER I feel like I'm in good shape. If I can only keep it up and continue with some of the other projects that are around!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #2272
Stazon Splitcoast

The heat is back. I guess God wanted us to have a nice day for our celebration on the 4th. I walked to work this morning (first day of my new schedule) and it was beautiful at 8:30. It hit over 90 by the end of the day. I had Vince pick me up. I was on my feet for pretty much most of the day and my feet and legs were getting sore. I guess they hadn't recruperated from Wednesday.

I worked with my new boss for the first time today. She started on Monday. It's still too early to tell how she'll be as our director, but she seems to be a nice person. She has a lot to learn in one month when my current boss retires.

Cat, glad to know Reynold's eye is healing good. Will be praying for good results on the biopsy.

I have a couple prayer requests. The first one is for my DD's friend who is also DGD'sH leader. She found a lump in her leg and it is cancer. She's on chemo right now and after their county fair in August, she'll have surgery. Please pray that they get all of the cancer and it won't come back. The other one is for Vince's nephew's friend's family. The boy was killed in a car accident in the early morning of the 4th. He just graduated from high school in May and was only 18. He and his passenger were not wearing seat belts. The passenger is in the hospital but I haven't heard what his condition is. I guess that would make a third prayer request.

The good news for the day is Vince put a starter in his truck so my van can die any time. I haven't heard if our mechanic got my engine yet. He should have had it by now. I do know he had another engine to put in for someone else. I have to wait until he gets that one done. As long as I have my van up and running (without me praying it will hold up for one more day) before winter sets in. I don't mind walking to work, I just don't want to walk in subzero temps.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Michele, wish I could join you at the shore. That reminds me. I have a strange request for you. For some reason Vince has decided to start collecting samples of sand from various places. He had my cousins bring back sand from their trip to Italy earlier this year. If you think of it, and you have a small bottle or even a little baggie would work, would you send me a sample of sand? PM me and I'll give you my address. I'll be happy to reimburse you the postage. I was going to ask you ealier and I kept forgetting. Don't you think a bag of sand would make a good birthday present? I just now realized that you'll be gone before you read this so you may not be able to get it this weekend. I told you it was a strange request.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #2273
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Praying for all the needs. I am happy that Vince could fix his car. I hope the new director is a winner.

Michele- Have fun! I too miss hearing from Christine, Sue, Linda, Barb and the others.

Joanne- I am thinking about you and all your chores. I know everything will be fine. Just relax and enjoy your company,

I just heard that one of the boys frrm the school I work at passed away on Tuesday. he was in a dirt bike accident. I knew all 4 of his siblings too! He was a great kid with a wonderful smile. He will be missed!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #2274
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, that is so sad. It's so hard to see young ones die.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #2275
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Hello ladies! Guess who???

Sorry I haven't been here in what seems like YEARS! I just skimmed the last page of posts.

Gramma ~ Good for you for standing up for yourself. Did you get any donations to go toward that $900 you spent? I sure hope so! Prayers for you and Vince, and for the families you mentioned as well. Hope the new boss works out.

Caterina ~ Praying for good results from the biopsy. How are you doing these days?

Joan ~ Thanks so much the cute card! I haven't been making cards this year. Can you send some mojo my way? Praying for the family of that boy who passed away. So tragic.

Joanne ~ I wish I could say that I feel like I'm in good shape too. I've gained back half of the weight I lost last year. Haven't been on the elliptical but about twice this year. My chubbiness is back.

Michele ~ Boo didn't like the noise on the 4th either. I wish I could meet Mickey! Do you still have all your other fur and feather babies?

Hello to all the others out there. I'm not sure I'll get the chance (or the energy) to read all that I missed. It's been super hot here until today. Last week it was day after day of 105+ degree weather. That's unheard of here. Since I don't do heat well, I just tried to stay inside as much as possible. Today was gorgeous (in the high 80s -- eye roll) with a breeze. It's pretty bad when I think anything in the 80s is cool.

We got Boo a wireless containment system. It's like an invisible fence, but you don't have to bury a wire. I didn't even know about them until my friend from MS visited and told me about theirs. It's just a unit that you put in your house that emits a signal. He wears a special collar, and if he goes to the "boundary zone" he'll hear beeps and then get a "static correction" (shocked) if he goes further. It's not enough to hurt him, but it gets his attention. It's supposed to be at least a two week training period, but he learned on the second day (which was the first day using the static correction). As soon as he hears that first beep he runs back to the house and wants inside. He loves the freedom he has though, instead of being on a leash all the time. For those of you on Facebook, I posted some pics of him today.

I've been doing really well, and it's nice to hear that I'm missed here. I am sorry though. I just am not on the computer much anymore since I got Boo. I'll try to do better.

Love and hugs to all,
Your prodigal Sue
Old 07-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #2276
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Helloooo Sue!!! So good to have you drop by!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #2277
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue- It is such a pleasure and joy to read your post. I really do miss you!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #2278
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Sue. We miss you. Yes, we had a lot of donation money before I spent that $900 or I wouldn't have been able to buy what we did. Between the raffles and the free will donations on the 4th we got way more than that. We have a good start for next year. If it wasn't for three departments on the railroad who pay for the hamburger and the owner of our local Taco John's who buys the hot dogs and anything else we will let her, we would never be able to do what we do.

I finally got all of my stuff repacked and stored in the basement ready to go next year. Somebody asked if we do something like this a couple times a year. I told them it's all we can do to get the 4th of July celebration off the ground, no way will I do this more than once. Besides, our summers are short here and it takes more than a day to put this kind of celebration together. We try to get started soliciting donations in May. A lot of people are also under the misconception that our celebration is put on by the Chamber or the city. When they find out that it is only 3 people who organize this gathering, they are quite amazed. I'm amazed. Vince does the majority of the work which is amazing with his health issues.

It's a cool 69 right now but looks like we're going to be pretty close to 100 later today. I do not like that kind of heat. Timber likes to lay around outside. I don't know how he can stand it with all that fur. He does shed a lot, though. Lexi likes to be out for a little while, but she would rather play in the house where it's cool. Of course, if one of us were outside with her, she'd stay out all day, too.

Hope you all have a good week. This will be my first full week with my new schedule. It's going to take some getting used to, but I'm going to like it.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #2279
Stazon Splitcoast

It is getting hot here too!
DH and I are going away for a few days. No real plans just going. Unfortunately, we can't drive to the east coast to visit you guys or to the plains. Now Debbie says even Montana is hot! Dh says he wants to go north where it is cooler. I asked him if he planned to go to the North Pole.(LOL) See you when I get back!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #2280
Stazon Splitcoast

About 10 minutes ago the temperature on one of the banks said 103, my van said the same. Checked on the internet and it says were at 96. It's hot.