Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #2201
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Debbie- I am praying for your DS. He is trying to see the situation with GF. I will also keep you and DH is my thoughts.

Hugs across the miles!
Praying for you guys too! and I like Joan's comment - Hugs across the miles!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #2202
Stazon Splitcoast

DH is off today after working the weekend. We have a lot to accomplish. We need to go to Menards, the bank, the post office, the library, a meeting for DH, then off to see youngest DS. The 2 1/2 hour drive will be worth it. He is in the orchestra for the Sound of Music. It is a fund raiser for a group that works with special needs persons. Some of them are in the choral groups and work back stage. We hope to be home by midnight! This makes for one very long day.

Joan
Old 06-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #2203
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Joan, hope all went well today!! That sounds cool for DS know he will do really well and made momma proud!!

What a day glad I am home. I got DD her dog sitting gig and Cody is a big yellow lab - gotta weigh 70 lbs or so!! Oh what I don't do for this kid! Mickey is downstairs with DH Cody cares nothing about Mickey - Mickey on the other hand is a nut. . . That's what makes him a "Gallo" I guess!

We have heat advisories for tomorrow through Friday evening and low ozone / bad air quality. Yuck!! I miss winter!!

HUGS.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #2204
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for your prayers. The GF is being shipped out tomorrow for the state hospital. I hope they keep her there for a very long time. At least long enough for Nate to find his own place. She's trying to make it look like she's the victim. I guess she is of her own making. She gets more insane every day. As reluctant as I am to admit, I know she needs our prayers, too.

It's been raining on and off all day. Cool temps with it, so still feels like spring. Sheri called to tell us it's 104 and humid there. I'm glad she didn't have her surgery this week. I hope it's not raining on July 4. We've gone through too much work to have to cancel.

Joan, can't wait to hear a report from you. I wish I could be there to go see the show.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #2205
Stazon Splitcoast

Sound of Music was a great fundraiser for a special needs company in DS's city. It was so much fun. Many of the people in the chorus and non speaking parts were the clients. It brought many smiles to my face to watch people many in society would ignore on stage smiling and singing when they could. Down side... we didn't get home until 1 AM and Dh had to be up by 6 AM for work.

Debbie- I hope GF gets the help she so desperately needs. How are her boys?

Michele- That is a great gig for DD. I hope she appreciates what you do for her.

Hi to all the AWOL ladies. I miss hearing about your lives.

Joan
Old 06-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #2206
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, wish I could have seen Sound of Music with you. That would make anyone's heart happy. I haven't seen the boys in a long time. I think they're doing ok.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #2207
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so bummed right now. It looks like my van will need a new engine. Bad timing. We're supposed to go to my nephew's wedding out of town on the 30th. Vince is supposed to be one of the photographers. We have no idea how we'll get there. I'm not sure I want to spend the money on a trip right now with the added expense. I'm not even sure how we'll pay for the repairs. I just bought the van in September. Being used and having quite a few mile on it, I can't do anything about it. I'm not sure we could even afford a car loan with all the other bills we're trying to pay off. Needless to say, I'm feeling a bit depressed at the moment. I really, really like my van. I kind of wish we never sold my Ranger pick up. Even though it had lots of miles on it, it was pretty reliable. I see it go by my house once in awhile. The only thing I can do right now is lift this problem up to the Lord and ask for His guidance.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #2208
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
I am so bummed right now. It looks like my van will need a new engine. Bad timing. We're supposed to go to my nephew's wedding out of town on the 30th. Vince is supposed to be one of the photographers. We have no idea how we'll get there. I'm not sure I want to spend the money on a trip right now with the added expense. I'm not even sure how we'll pay for the repairs. I just bought the van in September. Being used and having quite a few mile on it, I can't do anything about it. I'm not sure we could even afford a car loan with all the other bills we're trying to pay off. Needless to say, I'm feeling a bit depressed at the moment. I really, really like my van. I kind of wish we never sold my Ranger pick up. Even though it had lots of miles on it, it was pretty reliable. I see it go by my house once in awhile. The only thing I can do right now is lift this problem up to the Lord and ask for His guidance.

So sorry, can well understand you being upset. We have usually bought older cars with mileage and been fairly fortunate with them. Both of our vehicles have a lot of mileage on them.

Agreeing with you in prayer and trusting the Lord to intervene. Sending much love and hugs.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #2209
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Thinking of you! I am asking God to intervene.

I tripped and fell up the outside cement steps. I hit my knees pretty hard, scuffed my arm elbow and wrist. Ouch!

Joan
Old 06-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #2210
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello my friends~

Debbie - will be praying for your son. I'm glad he is recognizing what is going on. Also very glad that the girlfriend is getting help. Yes, we do need to pray for her, too. I am so sorry about the car situation. I have another friend in a similar situation. I wish I could just wave a magic wand and fix them for you both! Will be praying for you, too.

Joan - I'm glad you enjoyed the Sound of Music. It is so great to see performances like that. We usually have a "music" camp in the summer at church. It is a week where kids aged 4 through 8th grade come learn music, dance steps and dialog and put on a show. Our music director has cancelled it two years in a row. Claiming we don't have enough kids. I think he should do it with what we have. Maybe just do a few songs, not a whole play. Or find an alternative with a smaller cast. I hate they these kids have looked forward to this and it has been cancelled twice. I don't think it is fair to them. Especially when he cancels a week before it is to start.

It's "only" 93 outside right now. I'm glad I'm inside!!!

Michele - you are such a great mom! How has your week been? This weather is just brutal!!!

Caterina - how are you managing? A/C is our friend, right?
Old 06-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #2211
Gabfest Goddess

Debbie, stinks about the GF stuff will pray for your DS and for the GF. . . And you of course. . Thinking of you!! I know it's not easy and praying all comes together well with the engine and stuff - praying for God's grace and mercy over it all!

Joan so sorry you fell and hurt your knees - hugs to you!!

Joanne, I am so hoping your church does the camp the kids would love it and I agree hope director does it with whoever shows up and hoping that person is really blessed and realizing it's worth it even if 5 kids show up. Cause God will honor that! Hopefully DD appreciates me taking care of the dog today and her dad too while she slept at a friend's last night and then went to pool party but at Pastor's house and still not home.

Thank God literally for A/C! I am sitting inside! I have had a decent week just busy working longer days to get out earlier on Friday and hoping it is totally worth it tomorrow cause I am tired and out by 1:00 PM and then meeting Pastor's wife to help her do her son's scrapbook for High School graduation.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #2212
Stazon Splitcoast

We got some estimates on the engine. A brand new one would cost me $4200 with labor. I can get a used one for around $1800 with labor and hope it lasts a lot longer than the 90-day warranty. We are going to use my SIL's car so we can go to the wedding. She's inheriting her mother's almost brand new car and they want to sell the Subaru to me. I'm not so sure I want to do that. I'd rather put a used engine in my van. I might have to borrow her Subaru until my van is running again, though.

Joan, I hope you heal fast from your fall.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #2213
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I am so sorry that it will cost so much to fix your van. It is nice that you can still attend the wedding using the car. Think about what is best for you and Vince. Take care my friend.

Joanne- It would be great for the church music director to do a show with the kids. They would have so much fun no matter how little or big it gets.

Michele- I hear you about the heat. I had a hard time sleeping when the house is 86-88 degrees at night. I thank God for ceiling and window fans. That is very nice of you to help do a graduation scrap book. Can you come my way and help me?

Joan
Old 06-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #2214
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I told you I joined a Made To Crave Bible study a few weeks ago. It's supposed to be 6 weeks long, but we're going longer. We're finding we don't have time to discuss everything we want to each week. We had a good session tonight. The past weeks we've been focusing too much on food even though we've been reading Bible verses. This week we were more focused on God. I'm the only one in the group who doesn't belong to that church. But I know most of the women.

My boss met with the Library Foundation board this evening to submit our budget for the next fiscal year. She has to get their approval to let me work 32 hours and receive benefits. I probably won't know until next week what their decision is since I don't work tomorrow and I don't know if she's working with me on Saturday. I'm praying they agree. They usually agree with her on most things.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #2215
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- praying for your job situation.

I am out of sorts today. I don't know why. I walked my 3 miles and just feel funny. I hope the day gets better. I have a lot to accomplish. Thanks for allowing me to talk with all of you!

Joan
Old 06-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #2216
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, I'm praying your day gets much better.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #2217
Stazon Splitcoast

Thinking of all! Thanks Judy The days has gotten better.
I am off with my sister, her daughter and grand son for the weekend. I am unsure of internet service. They are out in the country across the lake from Canada. So it is not always dependable.

Joan
Old 06-23-2012, 04:35 AM   #2218
Gabfest Goddess

HI Girls,

Debbie so glad that you will be able to go to the wedding and borrow a car, that's good! I would think abut that 1800 engine too - hope they even come in under the estimate. Praying your job situation makes the 32 hours with benefits.

Joan, would love to come and help! We lost work time last night cause of the loss of power from the storm. I will do more today while she is gone and DD said she would help me. . . DD has the scrapbook talent over me

Cat, the storm was wild yesterday we had the hail some bigger than a quarter and lost power for 4 hours hope you guys are doing well thinking of both you and Reynold!

Joanne, did you get that rain too? It was wild here for a while hope you didn't get sa much as we did! But it did break the humidity.

Well another gorgeous morning today, I got Mickey up and out early and we walked down to the lake and God is so good - it is so peaceful that early in the morning I have a new appreciation for it thanks to Mickey! Totally quiet and beautiful and today it was white ducks yesterday the geese and funny Mickey just watches them quietly.

Hope everyone has a great day today!

HUGS
Michele
Old 06-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #2219
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning, friends!

Michele, we had a truly wicked storm here and loss power for a few hours. Could not believe the torrential rain, wind and so dark, could hardly see out the window. Tree limbs and debris everywhere - grateful it was short-lived. Someone said that a funnel cloud was seen on 795 (we live right off 795). That must have been pretty scary for the people driving.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #2220
Stazon Splitcoast

God is giving me good walking weather. It might be hot when I get off work today and there's a chance for thunderstorms, but I'm not going to let that stop me from walking to work. I can always have Vince pick me up. I'm hoping my boss is working for me today so I can find out what the foundation board had to say.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #2221
Stazon Splitcoast

I talked to my boss a little today. The foundation board approved our budget with me working more and getting benefits. My new schedule will start July 6. She's pretty sure the city isn't going to approve our budget which means we'll have to probably cut our book budget. I know I'll be working Tuesday-Saturday, I just don't know the exact hours. I'm happy.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #2222
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- So happy for you!

I just came back from my sister's lake home. WOW the flooding in northern MN was worse than the news portrayed it. There are many roads washed out. Some people are stranded in their homes with no electricity and no way to get out! Two state parks are closed. Hard to think of flooding in the summer.

Have a good night!

Joan
Old 06-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #2223
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Debbie- So happy for you!

I just came back from my sister's lake home. WOW the flooding in northern MN was worse than the news portrayed it. There are many roads washed out. Some people are stranded in their homes with no electricity and no way to get out! Two state parks are closed. Hard to think of flooding in the summer.

Have a good night!
Makes us appreciate what we have when we have it. I sure hope all those stranded people have plenty to eat.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:42 AM   #2224
Gabfest Goddess

Wow, sounds like the storm really came through hard, prayers for all of those affected.

It has been a busy couple of days Monday dropped off one dog at work and got another one. Thursday get one more at work and then give back another one. I am proud of DD she gave me her earnings from the first dog sitting to help pay for her online science course. Mickey really is getting used to more dogs so that is good! He freaks out less!

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday I am counting down a little until Friday going to the Scrapbook Expo - I am also excited because one night at the hotel! love it!!

Hope everyone has a good day today!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #2225
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

We have a full house - Cinda came for a week's visit (she lives in CA), Camron & Conrad have been spending a lot of time here to visit with her; in fact, they spent the night camping out in her tent that she brought with her. Also, am truly blessed to have Alexander here since Saturday to spend time with Cinda, the boys and us. It has been years since Alexander has stayed for several days.

All of them left this morning for Six Flags so it is really quiet here... too quiet.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #2226
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- I love you new avatar. you look wonderful! I know they will have fun at Six Flags and you can recoup.

Michele- DD is growing up. She is becoming a responsible young lady!

Debbie- Thinking about you and Vince. How are you doing without a vehicle?

Joan
Old 06-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #2227
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, DD should be very proud of herself.
Cat, sounds like a lot of exhausting fun. Enjoy your quiet time.
Joan, I'm already tired of relying on Vince for rides. An engine is on it's way. It's used but as a lot less miles on it than the original. Paid more than I would have liked, but it comes with a 1-year warranty whereas most of the others we found are only 90 day warranties. Don't know when the mechanic will be able to get to it, though. He's waiting for another engine to show up for someone else. If that one comes in first, I'll have to wait longer. I can still use my van for short trips, and like Vince says, if I blow a rod in it no big loss since I'm getting a new to me engine.

I'm really bummed because we aren't going to my nephew's wedding. They're disappointed, too, but what can I do? The part we need to fix my SIL's car won't be here in time. With all these roadblocks, we're beginning to think we aren't supposed to make the trip. Vince was looking forward to taking pictures for them.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #2228
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Sorry that you are going to miss the wedding. However, you have the right attitude. It will be great to get your wheels back. As a non driver, I walk, or take the bus. I hate depending on people. However, I tell DH that is why I have him around.. to be my chauffeur. (LOL)

I girl from the school where I work was diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma yesterday. She is so sweet. Her dad was just laid off as a teacher. Please pray for them Her name is Larissa.

Joan
Old 06-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #2229
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, that is so sad. I just said a prayer for Larissa and her family. I can't imagine the heartache and stress they are going through right now.

Unfortunately, we don't have a bus system here. We're too small for that. I'm thinking that it was a wise decision to stay home this weekend. Since Vince isn't on any meds for his pulmonary hypertension at the moment, he gets winded very quickly. He's been doing so much runnng around getting donations for our celebration. The heat hasn't helped at all. It's even been a bit humid here for the past couple days. He's going to like today's weather when he finally gets out of bed. It went from 90 yesterday to only 59 at the moment.

Cat, how's Reynold doing?

I hope all of you and your families are in good health today.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #2230
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Took Reynold this morning for the eye surgery and it went well. We are back home and Reynold is still kinda out of it due to the anesthesia. This was his very first surgery with general anesthesia. The eye surgeon said that Reynold will have to have the other eye done after he recovers from this one.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #2231
Gabfest Goddess

Cat, glad you are having fun with your company!! sounds like everyone is having a blast! Glad that the surgery is completed and prayers for a speedy recovery for DH

Debbie, Sorry about not being able to get to the wedding. Cars are such an expensive pain!

Joan how is DH and DGD doing? I think of them both a lot along with you and the boys!
Will pray for Larissa, hard situation praying for a healing miracle for her!

Joanne, how are things by you?

In early August may be down by BWI airport to put my cousin (11 year old) back on a plane that is a direct flight to Alabama.

Hope everyone has a good one!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #2232
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Thanks for asking... Dh has his days. Work has been trying. He just can't seem to get the job completed as quickly as others. DGD is as cute as can be. I wish I could spend more time with her. I have been working on losing weight. I have adjusted my calorie intake. I just think I should be losing weight quicker. I guess 25 pounds over the passed 16 months is okay.

Joan
Old 06-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #2233
Gabfest Goddess

Joan, I truly think those 25lbs are incredible!! not just OK. It's a journey more of a marathon than a sprint! You are on the right track. I know it's tough for DH I do!! It's hard what he deals with and being positive can be a challenge and the feeling of being overwhelmed. Praying for him!

I am happy DD has started exercising 2 - 3 times a day (but she is only 15 and can handle it) she has been the most focused I have ever seen her. Mickey gets walked and so does visiting dog both for about 45 minutes each twice a day and then she does a 2 mile walk/run. She now says she will try zumba with me, I think I have to do it for me too! Today she actually washed my sheets and my bed spread and helped me vaccumm my room and I am thrilled I love new sheets and blankies!

Cat, what is there to see in Baltimore anything not so far away from the airport? I am trying to get my cousin from ALabama to see as much as possible but won't break the bank for me I feel awful for this kid 11 and lives in a really run down trailer and her mom doesn't know who her father is and that has to weigh on the kid. It's a mess but hoping to show her she can be whatever she wants to and doesn't have to live that way always.

Hugs to all of you lovely ladies!!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #2234
Stazon Splitcoast

Cat, I'm glad surgery went well. I honestly didn't remember when his surgery was. I had a little voice in my head telling me to ask about Reynold. Just like the little voice is telling us not to make that trip this weekend.

Joan, good for you! That 25 pounds isn't anything to sneeze at. Besides, losing slower means it stays off longer. You're doing great.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #2235
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Michele, Baltimore's Inner Harbor is really worth seeing with lots of shops, restaurants, the Constellation is always neat to see as well as the National Aquarium.

Here is a link for the Inner Harbor
Inner Harbor :: Baltimore.org

You can also visit me...
Old 06-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #2236
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Michele- Thanks for asking... Dh has his days. Work has been trying. He just can't seem to get the job completed as quickly as others. DGD is as cute as can be. I wish I could spend more time with her. I have been working on losing weight. I have adjusted my calorie intake. I just think I should be losing weight quicker. I guess 25 pounds over the passed 16 months is okay.

Joan, losing 25 lbs. is terrific!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #2237
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Michele, Baltimore's Inner Harbor is really worth seeing with lots of shops, restaurants, the Constellation is always neat to see as well as the National Aquarium.

Here is a link for the Inner Harbor
Inner Harbor :: Baltimore.org

You can also visit me...
It all looks cool thinking about the aquarium for Jenn and I after we drop off Kaitlyn. . . We will plan to get together!! Sounds like fun
Old 06-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #2238
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- A long last memory came to mind as I was looking at the harbor. My oldest son performed in the July 4th Parade in DC and Baltimore. They watched the fireworks over the harbor. That was in 1994. It was hot that 4th. They had wool band uniforms and lost a few kids to heat exhaustion.

Joan
Old 06-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #2239
Gabfest Goddess

Hi girls!

What a great 28 hours, went to the scrapbook expo and was so pleased they had a lot more stamping stuff it was so nice to spend the night at the hotel - we took that copic class and what an eye opener and now I understand but need to practice I have had them for 1.5 years sold off some stuff to get them and realized I was in over my head but today's morning class was so cool! So happy now I get how they work and the numbering - very cool.

DD is at a pool party and DH is at work! DD was good she put on my ac so now super comfy!! love it I am a happy woman!

I hope everyone is keeping cool!

Hugs
Old 06-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #2240
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Caterina- A long last memory came to mind as I was looking at the harbor. My oldest son performed in the July 4th Parade in DC and Baltimore. They watched the fireworks over the harbor. That was in 1994. It was hot that 4th. They had wool band uniforms and lost a few kids to heat exhaustion.

Awesome memory... not the heat exhaustion.