Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #2161
Gabfest Goddess

Debbie, praying for Vince - I know that this is a struggle. "The Lord Himself goes before you and will bless you. He will be with you, He will not leave you or forsake you; do not fear or be dismayed". Deuteronomy 31:8
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #2162
Gabfest Goddess

What a day yesterday was - I went to check in on our youth pastor at our town day and the tent thing they had broke, so I went home and got ours and brought it down and then was outside until 4:30 PM and it was HOT yesterday. I am so thankful I did it and they were thankful I did I just don't heat well I was glad I turned on my A/C in my room when I went to get the tent. . . But I slept like a log last night!

I hope everyone has a great Monday today
Old 06-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #2163
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- praying for Vince.

Michele- It was hot here yesterday, too! The strong wind helped to make the outside get together more bearable. We had a storm last night and it is 2o degrees cooler today than this time yesterday! I am sure they are happy you brought the tent to them. You are thoughtful!

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’ Audrey Hepburn[

Joan
Old 06-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #2164
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Reynold took me to see Chondra last night and we so enjoyed her.

"Weird Things Happen To Me" Comedy By Chonda Pierce - YouTube
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #2165
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the prayers. Vince's breathing has been a little better since he's been off the meds. All he's using now is the Advair.

It was rainy and cool here yesterday.

I can't wait to see the pictures Sheri had taken of the girls yesterday. Bailey's great uncle is an amazing photographer. They went to the stables and put each of the girls on a Percheron. Sheri and the owner of the Percherons had been planning this photo shoot all winter. She said it was quite the challenge organizing two horses and two kids at the same time. I'm sure Lyra was ecstatic being on one of them since she helps feed them every morning. Wish they could have done that when I was there.

Donations for our 4th of July celebration are coming in nicely. It's going to be a very busy time for us the end of the month with a wedding out of town and doing the last minute running around. I'm glad I took extra time off then. It's really not that far away. But that means summer is going by too fast and it just started.

Hope you all have a good week.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #2166
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Reynold took me to see Chondra last night and we so enjoyed her.

"Weird Things Happen To Me" Comedy By Chonda Pierce - YouTube
So funny!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #2167
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I am glad that Vince can get some comfort. You will be busier than normal the end of the month. I love to attend weddings. Just hope the weather cooperates. If Sheri allows it please post the pictures of your DGDs.

Joan
Old 06-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #2168
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello friends!

Debbie - I am so very, very sorry that those expensive meds aren't working. That hurts my heart!!

It was HOT and HUMID here yesterday, too. ICK!!! Today is a little cooler, but still very humid. I'm glad I didn't have to be outside for any length of time.

Had our first trip in our "new to us" RV. It was wonderful!!!! Can't wait to go again. We put over 500 miles on it this trip!! Now we have to make a list of places we want to go. There are so many to choose from - but most involve more time that a weekend.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #2169
Gabfest Goddess

Just wanted to post this:

"Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. Don't give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; He won't leave you." Deut. 31:6
Old 06-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #2170
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Hello friends!

Debbie - I am so very, very sorry that those expensive meds aren't working. That hurts my heart!!

It was HOT and HUMID here yesterday, too. ICK!!! Today is a little cooler, but still very humid. I'm glad I didn't have to be outside for any length of time.

Had our first trip in our "new to us" RV. It was wonderful!!!! Can't wait to go again. We put over 500 miles on it this trip!! Now we have to make a list of places we want to go. There are so many to choose from - but most involve more time that a weekend.
I am so glad that you had a great get away you deserve it!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:29 AM   #2171
Gabfest Goddess

Oh I have to wake up!! I have to get ready but I have no motivation and Mickey is so cute chewing his bone next to me I got him a new collar - black with reflective white writing "bad to the bone" - lol yeah, I was humored

I don't do mornings well, but I'm trying.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:13 AM   #2172
Stazon Splitcoast

I slept in today. My back was very painful last night. So I had a very fitful night. I guess walking 3 miles, moving furniture, washing windows, and cleaning my dresser were too much for this aging body. After all, it was the beginning of my first week of summer break. Today, I will have to take it easy. DS is coming to get me later to watch DGD. It is DIL birthday so they are going out! DS wishes I could drive. I do too!

Joan
Old 06-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #2173
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. I'm going to get my hair cut and colored in a few minutes. It grows so fast! I guess that is a good thing.

Rain today. I don't mind it but I hope we don't get the flooding they are predicting. We would be okay, but others have had so much of that - enough already.

Michele - aren't dogs fun? I don't do mornings well either. I don't know how I would do it if I were working. Joan amazes me getting up sooooo early!! But not on summer break!

Joan - Enjoy the time with your granddaughter tonight.

Debbie - Thinking of you and Vince today.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #2174
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Tuesday to all of you. It's a beautiful day here. I think it's a good day to walk to work. I just have to pay attention to the time so I'll have time to walk. It takes me about 22 minutes.

Today is Lyra's third birthday. Wish I could be there to help her celebrate. I still don't know if they're coming up this summer or not.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #2175
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Happy Tuesday to all of you. It's a beautiful day here. I think it's a good day to walk to work. I just have to pay attention to the time so I'll have time to walk. It takes me about 22 minutes.

Today is Lyra's third birthday. Wish I could be there to help her celebrate. I still don't know if they're coming up this summer or not.

Happy 3rd Birthday to sweet precious Lyra!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #2176
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
I slept in today. My back was very painful last night. So I had a very fitful night. I guess walking 3 miles, moving furniture, washing windows, and cleaning my dresser were too much for this aging body. After all, it was the beginning of my first week of summer break. Today, I will have to take it easy. DS is coming to get me later to watch DGD. It is DIL birthday so they are going out! DS wishes I could drive. I do too!
Goodness, Joan, you need a nice long massage after all that.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #2177
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joanne, raining here today as well and we have Camron & Conrad for the day so trying to keep them occupied. They love being outside but not today.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #2178
Stazon Splitcoast

I have had one massage in my life. I left with so much pain I am very reluctant to try one again.
I did walk my 3 miles today. I stop to watch a house being demolished. I have been working for this day over the past three years. it was a rental with an absentee landlord. He has owned it for 12 yrs and has let it fall apart. It was not fit for humans. There were so many code violations that is was a three page document. I cheered.

Happy birthday Lyra!

Joan
Old 06-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #2179
Stazon Splitcoast

It was such a nice day for walking to work. Going was cooler than coming home. I so need to get back into that routine again. Time to stop making excuses and make it a habit. I forgot how good I feel when I get home.

Work went by so fast this afternoon. At first I thought it was going to be a long, boring afternoon. That lasted for maybe 15 min. We had 13 kids and 4 adults come in from a daycare. They came in to sign the kids up for the summer reading program. That's about the time I got swamped at the desk with people needing help right now. The kids were easier to deal with. It didn't help that a lady came in to look something up on the computer and she's computer illiterate so she kept asking for help. We will help to some extent but we don't have the staff that can teach people how to use the computer. Finally, some kid helped her out. I was so busy I didn't get a chance to thank him. Before I knew it, it was time to go home.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #2180
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Girls! Happy Thursday! Today is my work Friday so I am very happy about that took a vacation day for tomorrow. I have to do some house cleaning and also have to meet a GF for lunch! Oh yeah, and return a book for DD to high school and the silly thing is her dad had to return one for her today and then she lets us know she forgot History book. This child would leave her head if not attached! But I am thrilled to have a friend date and be an adult and not worry about DD. Well I told DD the truth about having a lunch date and she almost gave me a hard time – she just spent the last two days with a friend – and I still have to do an errand for her. Then she failed science so that will cost me $$ for her to take it online over the Summer. The frustrating thing is she is so smart but just not focusing herself and it is always someone else’s fault!

But am looking forward to the weekend and then just two weeks until the Scrapbook Expo and a night away!! Woot woot!! Going to a copic coloring class at the Expo and also probably gonna get some more stamps by Judith I own enough copics for now, just would love to know how to use them better than I do. 

I hope everyone has a super wonderful rest of the day!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #2181
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, I'm jealous. I'd love to go to a scrapbook expo but there's never any even remotely close to me. I haven't tried copics yet. I can't justify the cost of them, yet. Maybe after I start working more hours and start paying off more of the medical bills, I'll have something left over to start on that habit.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #2182
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello friends!

We had two glorious days. It did get warm in the house and I needed to turn on the A/C. That made me a little sad - I prefer having the windows open and a fresh breeze coming through. I finally made Father's Day cards. They will be mailed to my dad and my brother tomorrow - but they will probably be late.

I haven't tried Copics yet either. I have so many things sitting her already, I need to work with them first. I have Gamsol and pencils, but haven't even tried that technique yet.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #2183
Gabfest Goddess

Oh ladies, I am so tired, but tired from Stamping!! hehehehe I got up early today 6:00 am and finished off a shoebox for a swap and also a card front swap! I met my sister and we drove to Poughkeepsie and spent time with some SCS'rs that we have stamped with before it was a good day. . . Now I think I am gonna pass out soon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today and tomorrow. The weather is nice. We are having Father's day here gonna put up the tents in the back yard and two tables and DH is making spaghetti sauce and meatballs. He is a mighty cranky now! but is it bad, DD has been doing stuff all day for me to help get ready for tomorrow and will finish my bathroom work and folding clothes in the a.m.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #2184
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Had a beautiful day taking Camron & Conrad to Sailabration in Baltimore. We did catch a bit of the Blue Angels and they are beyond awesome. The boys enjoyed doing a sailboat craft and loved riding the Metro.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #2185
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Have fun with your father's day gathering. Spaghetti and meat balls sound good.

caterina- happy that you and the boys had a good day!

Joanne- I don't like turning on the A/C but I hate the heat! It has been on intermittently.

Joan
Old 06-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #2186
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a pretty boring day at work today. It was so slow. The gal working with me and I spent a good part of the afternoon reading. We don't usually have time to that. There was a guy in today who had the weirdest suggestion. He thinks all bathroom doors and stalls should have 2 door handles; one for those who wash their hands and one for those who don't. For one thing, don't you have to get out of the stall before you wash your hands? I'm still trying to figure out how he thinks that idea will work. And this is a fairly intelligent person. How would you know if the people who didn't wash their hands aren't using the handle for the ones who did? That was the most entertaining part of my day.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #2187
Gabfest Goddess

Cat, so glad you got some quality time in with the kids!! The pictures I saw they are so cute!! Sounds like a fun day - Jenn enjoyed Metro when she was younger too - it's like an adventure!

Joan, I got DH to make the homemade stuff because his uncle is coming over today and that is his favorite! But he does them so well it's most everyone's favorite that he makes I reminded him this a.m. how good he was and he was happy again I did more chores early in the day was up around 6:15, did bathrooms, floors and the picking up they missed yesterday and some of the female touches. I don't do it often enough I know.

Debbie, I think that is a GREAT idea though - but there was a little invention that was a hook that people grab the door with to not get it on your hands and the hook was made out of anti-bacterial coating so the germs if any wouldn't live.

Joanne, hope you have a great day today - are you planning any more road trips?

Sue, miss seeing you post hope you and DH and doggie are doing well!

Christine, hope you are doing well too - miss you ladies!

Barbi and Linda too! Hope you are all doing well.

Hugs,
Old 06-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #2188
Stazon Splitcoast

Have a great day! I am taking in my work pants,some pull on jeans and tee shirts. I am tired of having clown pants.

Joan
Old 06-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #2189
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!
Thought this was worth sharing...

To Be Enormously Gorgeous

This is a good story both for kids and their parents. In a world that can lack love and acceptance, it's important that we give our children what they need and deserve.

My dad says I am enormously gorgeous. I wonder if I really am.

To be enormously gorgeous... Sarah says you need to have beautiful long, curly hair like she has.

I don't.

To be enormously gorgeous... Justin says you must have perfectly straight white teeth like he has.

I don't.

To be enormously gorgeous... Jessica says you can't have any of those little brown dots on your face called freckles.

I do.

To be enormously gorgeous... Mark says you have to be the smartest kid in the seventh-grade class.

I'm not.

To be enormously gorgeous... Stephen says you have to be able to tell the funniest jokes in the school.

I don't.

To be enormously gorgeous... Lauren says you need to live in the nicest neighborhood in town and in the prettiest house.

I don't.

To be enormously gorgeous... Matthew says you can only wear the coolest clothes and the most popular shoes.

I don't.

To be enormously gorgeous... Samantha says you need to come from a perfect family.

I don't.

But every night at bedtime my dad gives me a big hug and says, "You are enormously gorgeous, and I love you."

My dad must know something my friends don't.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #2190
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- What a great dad.
I added my dad as my avatar. I miss him very much. The picture was taken in 1996 six years before his death.

Joan
Old 06-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #2191
Gabfest Goddess

I loved the poem and am thankful that my own DH is understanding how much impact he can have on DD and so glad that relationship is mending!

Joan, I love when you change the pictures on the avatar it's so sweet!

Glad the weather held out and glad the day went well and now just resting and watching lifetime! Jenn went with her grandparents just me, DH & Mickey!

Hope everyone had a great day. . .
Old 06-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #2192
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joan, am always so impressed with how you easily you changed your avatar. Probably will have the same one forever.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #2193
Stazon Splitcoast

It is one of the easiest things I can do on the computer. SCS makes it quite simple!

Joan
Old 06-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #2194
Bruce323

Goodish, but it won't change a thing.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:07 AM   #2195
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce323 View Post
Goodish, but it won't change a thing.

????
Old 06-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #2196
Stazon Splitcoast

Yesterday was a weird day weatherwise. It started out with blue skies, then all of a sudden it downpoured for a few minutes, then blue skies again for awhile, then another downpour. It was that way all afternoon. When we went to BIL's for a bbq, the sky remained blue while we were sitting outside eating, then clouded up again but didn't rain. It was like we were being teased all day long.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #2197
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Yesterday was a weird day weatherwise. It started out with blue skies, then all of a sudden it downpoured for a few minutes, then blue skies again for awhile, then another downpour. It was that way all afternoon. When we went to BIL's for a bbq, the sky remained blue while we were sitting outside eating, then clouded up again but didn't rain. It was like we were being teased all day long.
We didn't get the rain just a mist in the morning - but I know how you feel the clouds came in and then would blow away! But glad that while you were eating no rain!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #2198
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got back from talking to DS. The GF is in the mental ward of the hospital because she cut her arm not her wrist. I know she did it for the attention. Nice birthday present for him, right. She tried calling him but he hasn't added minutes to his phone yet, so she called me. She wants him to take her meds to the hospital. Number 1, she doesn't have any meds at the house. Number 2, the last time she wanted him to take her meds to her, he ended up in jail for the weekend. I'm coming to conclusion that she may have set him up on that one. Now he's finally seeing her for what she is; a lying, manipulative, mentally ill ...... person. He's decided as soon as he can afford the deposit and first month rent, he's moving out. Right now they're living in a trailer owned by her dad. Please keep praying for him. I feel God made the arrest happen so DS would come to this decision. I wish I had the money right now to help him get into a place, but I don't. It's going to be hard for him to find a place that will let him keep the dog. Thanks so much for you support.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #2199
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I just got back from talking to DS. The GF is in the mental ward of the hospital because she cut her arm not her wrist. I know she did it for the attention. Nice birthday present for him, right. She tried calling him but he hasn't added minutes to his phone yet, so she called me. She wants him to take her meds to the hospital. Number 1, she doesn't have any meds at the house. Number 2, the last time she wanted him to take her meds to her, he ended up in jail for the weekend. I'm coming to conclusion that she may have set him up on that one. Now he's finally seeing her for what she is; a lying, manipulative, mentally ill ...... person. He's decided as soon as he can afford the deposit and first month rent, he's moving out. Right now they're living in a trailer owned by her dad. Please keep praying for him. I feel God made the arrest happen so DS would come to this decision. I wish I had the money right now to help him get into a place, but I don't. It's going to be hard for him to find a place that will let him keep the dog. Thanks so much for you support.

Debbie, so so sorry for all of this and how it must hurt you. Grateful that you DS is seeing the light and trusting God to keep on the right road.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #2200
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I am praying for your DS. He is trying to see the situation with GF. I will also keep you and DH is my thoughts.

Hugs across the miles!

Joan