Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #2081
Gabfest Goddess

Debbie, that story made me laugh she was content with pringles and potty!! I love it!!
Glad that you are starting to feel better and yes rest is the best medicine. My body likes that too!!

Joan, thinking of you my friend remember to not pay attention to anyone who says hurtful things - LOVE YOU!

Joanne, prayers for a better next couple of days - weather speaking it is supposed to start leading into sticky and humid weather - yucky!!

Hope everyone has a super blessed evening
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #2082
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- You are so wise. I wish I could heed your words.

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

Joan
Old 05-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #2083
Stazon Splitcoast

It's been raining off and on today. Cooler temps, too. More normal for May. I'm not complaining.

Joan, I agree with Michele. Don't pay attention to the hurtful things. I know, it's easier said than done, but God knows the truth about you.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #2084
Gabfest Goddess

Today was nice no rain and not as humid as I thought it was gonna be!!

Joan, All of us ladies and God knows the truth. I have a little testimony for you - my one DS who is normally very supportive and nice to me well she and my DB I found out have been trashing me for about a year now and I was overwhelmed all last week by it and I prayed and I prayed and of course gave myself lots of grief cause I am far from perfect and one day I heard God telling me "Michele I love you this is not about you and it's not your battle" - each day it has been getting easier but it's not about you it's not Joan I am the easy one of the family and I don't have lots of rules and I am open and by comparison to the others way messier My nephew overheard a conversation and said some very nice things that my house is not dirty just on a bad day it's messy and just have to pick some things up. Well for whatever you got grief over it's not worth it God loves you just the way you are and so do we!!

You would probably give me the shirt off your back if you thought I needed it more! You are giving and loving and care for the broken hearted. Never forget you are HIS!! You are LOVED and you are so SPECIAL!!

HUGS!!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #2085
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Today was nice no rain and not as humid as I thought it was gonna be!!

Joan, All of us ladies and God knows the truth. I have a little testimony for you - my one DS who is normally very supportive and nice to me well she and my DB I found out have been trashing me for about a year now and I was overwhelmed all last week by it and I prayed and I prayed and of course gave myself lots of grief cause I am far from perfect and one day I heard God telling me "Michele I love you this is not about you and it's not your battle" - each day it has been getting easier but it's not about you it's not Joan I am the easy one of the family and I don't have lots of rules and I am open and by comparison to the others way messier My nephew overheard a conversation and said some very nice things that my house is not dirty just on a bad day it's messy and just have to pick some things up. Well for whatever you got grief over it's not worth it God loves you just the way you are and so do we!!

You would probably give me the shirt off your back if you thought I needed it more! You are giving and loving and care for the broken hearted. Never forget you are HIS!! You are LOVED and you are so SPECIAL!!

HUGS!!
Yeah, what she said. (((((HUGS)))))
Old 05-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #2086
Gabfest Goddess

Ok, I must be tired I just answered my boss ladies phone by saying her first name and her boss' last name together and it was her boss!! I work in this large company and he is 3rd in line for top seat. Oh how embarassing thank goodness he laughed and I said "thanks for laughing and not being mad at me" he chuckled and said no it was funny! Phewww!!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #2087
Stazon Splitcoast

That's so funny, Michele. I worked in a hardware store many years ago as a cashier. When we needed a manager we would get on the store intercom and ask for a manager. When a manager is coming to the registers then we would get on the intercom and say "Thank you whoever was coming". One day I had 2 answering my call so when I went to say thank you, I combined their last names together by taking the first half of one and the second half of the other. They both had long German names so it actually flowed nicely. Of course, everyone in the store could hear me, but the only ones who got the big laugh were the ones who knew both people. I've answered the phone with a different store's name once, too. Not the same hardware store, though.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #2088
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele and Debbie- thanks for the wise advice!

It is raining cats and dogs and hail, too! I guess we are supposed to have rain off and on for the next 5 days!

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

Joan
Old 05-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #2089
Gabfest Goddess

Debbie, that's funny makes me feel better I felt so silly but maybe broke the ice between he and I - you never know!! LOL

Joan - SWAK!

We have rain too don't want to complain BUT I am gonna anyway today humid and the sinuses are aching!!
Old 05-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #2090
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, bosses are human, too. Sometimes they need to be reminded.

We had more rain today. Temps are still on the cool side. My dental hygenist told me this morning that she woke up to snow on the ground at her place. She lives in the mountains south of us. I'm glad we didn't get any in town. The rain is just fine.

As soon as the boss left this afternoon, we started planning her retirement party. The Friends of the Library are actually hosting it, but they volunteered our retired research librarian to chair the planning. Which really means she pretty much does it all. I'm going to make her guest book. Each page will have something people remember about her and/or some of her favorite little sayings. It's a good thing I have most of the summer to work on it. We also decided that just the staff and spouses are going to have our own little party and take her to dinner the end of July. We are including the two staff members who retired in the last couple years. I got volunteered to make her a save the date card so she doesn't make any plans for that night.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #2091
Gabfest Goddess

Debbie the retirement party sounds so nice!! That is sweet of you guys. Ok, thankful for no snow here! My head is still a mess more rain today - ugghhh I got here early and now totally ready for a nap! I don't do mornings well!

I got an e-mail from my first boss here and he has moved to another large company and his boss who is a big mucky muck is looking for an admin - well I surfed the site and it is not yet listed to the public (which is nice) and my old boss is going to recommend me and forward on my resume personally! I had prayed that if a job came up that it would be clear that it would be good to move to and that I only wanted to be where God wants me and here is not that great anymore - but have been waiting and this would be cool to at least check out and do the interview for!

I hope everyone has a super blessed day today!!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #2092
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, that is awesome! Good luck! Let us know when the interview will be so we can be praying for you at that time.

God is good at dropping things in front of you. The other day I read a post from a fb friend who was a good friend from high school and during our first couple years of marriage. We lost touch with each other between the moves Vince and I made over the years. She is starting a Bible study called MADE TO CRAVE. It's a Bible study class to help with changing our cravings for food to craving God instead. The first class was last night so I went to see if it's something I really want to do. I'm glad I did. Not only did I get to reconnect with Bernie, other than in passing, but I knew a few of the other ladies. Since we don't go to the same church, I would have missed out on this if her daughter hadn't suggested she put on fb. Years ago I tried the Weigh Down and although it did get me reading my Bible more consistently, I found myself spending more time listening to the tapes and reading Bible verses more than being active. I ended up focusing on food more and didn't lose any weight. This program consists of watching a 20-minute video as a group and doing discussions with the workbook that goes along with the book. From what I got from last night, this focuses more on God. The "homework" for each day is reading a chapter in the book and Bible verses and should only take about 20-30 minutes each day instead of more than an hour. I'm hoping this program will be of more help for me. Even if I don't lose much weight, I will gain a lot of fellowship. I'll let you know how it goes. I was impressed with the introduction last night.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #2093
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Debbie the retirement party sounds so nice!! That is sweet of you guys. Ok, thankful for no snow here! My head is still a mess more rain today - ugghhh I got here early and now totally ready for a nap! I don't do mornings well!

I got an e-mail from my first boss here and he has moved to another large company and his boss who is a big mucky muck is looking for an admin - well I surfed the site and it is not yet listed to the public (which is nice) and my old boss is going to recommend me and forward on my resume personally! I had prayed that if a job came up that it would be clear that it would be good to move to and that I only wanted to be where God wants me and here is not that great anymore - but have been waiting and this would be cool to at least check out and do the interview for!

I hope everyone has a super blessed day today!!

Michele, how exciting for you - God is so good. May He continue to bless you abundantly.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #2094
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Michele, that is awesome! Good luck! Let us know when the interview will be so we can be praying for you at that time.

God is good at dropping things in front of you. The other day I read a post from a fb friend who was a good friend from high school and during our first couple years of marriage. We lost touch with each other between the moves Vince and I made over the years. She is starting a Bible study called MADE TO CRAVE. It's a Bible study class to help with changing our cravings for food to craving God instead. The first class was last night so I went to see if it's something I really want to do. I'm glad I did. Not only did I get to reconnect with Bernie, other than in passing, but I knew a few of the other ladies. Since we don't go to the same church, I would have missed out on this if her daughter hadn't suggested she put on fb. Years ago I tried the Weigh Down and although it did get me reading my Bible more consistently, I found myself spending more time listening to the tapes and reading Bible verses more than being active. I ended up focusing on food more and didn't lose any weight. This program consists of watching a 20-minute video as a group and doing discussions with the workbook that goes along with the book. From what I got from last night, this focuses more on God. The "homework" for each day is reading a chapter in the book and Bible verses and should only take about 20-30 minutes each day instead of more than an hour. I'm hoping this program will be of more help for me. Even if I don't lose much weight, I will gain a lot of fellowship. I'll let you know how it goes. I was impressed with the introduction last night.

Sounds like an awesome Bible study and just know it will do great things for you!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #2095
Stazon Splitcoast

All of you have helped me keep my focus on God over the past years. I am so grateful and blessed to have you as friends.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #2096
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- What a great opportunity!
Debbie- the bible study sounds interesting! The retirement ideas sound great!

Joan
Old 05-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #2097
Stazon Splitcoast

I made 4 sympathy cards today. I do need 3 of them. I'm way behind on sending them out. I ciut out an OSW that I'm going to use for sympathy cards to build up my stash. Maybe I won't need them for a long time.

Sheri's doctor told her she can go back to work again. He even gave her permission to do chores at the barn, except lift a hay bale. Someone else has to do that for her for a while longer. She missed feeding the horses and work.

Have a fun, safe holiday weekend.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:29 AM   #2098
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- great news for Sheri. I hope she follows the dr advice. How are the girls doing? I am sure they are missing you! How is Vince these days? Is he working on any art projects?

Joan
Old 05-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #2099
Stazon Splitcoast

Vince just finished his last commission. He's had a busy year. This last one was for the interpretive center at the buffalo jump. They just had a new building built and wanted a painting of what the area may have looked like 2,000 years ago. It's the very first painting he has ever done and it turned out real nice. He's just charging the cost of supplies and donated his time.

I think Bailey misses me more than Lyra. Lyra just goes with the flow. She did ask where I was a couple times the first week I was home, but now she's on to different things.

We didn't get snow as predicted, but we're still in a winter weather advisory. I guess that's a step down from winter storm advisory. It's pretty chilly here. It's only 43 right now with a high of 50. More rain is expected. I know the farmers are liking the rain. At least with the lower temps we aren't getting the humidity.

Hope you all have a fun weekend. Mine is going to be wet, as usual, and I work this afternoon.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #2100
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Vince just finished his last commission. He's had a busy year. This last one was for the interpretive center at the buffalo jump. They just had a new building built and wanted a painting of what the area may have looked like 2,000 years ago. It's the very first painting he has ever done and it turned out real nice. He's just charging the cost of supplies and donated his time.

I think Bailey misses me more than Lyra. Lyra just goes with the flow. She did ask where I was a couple times the first week I was home, but now she's on to different things.

We didn't get snow as predicted, but we're still in a winter weather advisory. I guess that's a step down from winter storm advisory. It's pretty chilly here. It's only 43 right now with a high of 50. More rain is expected. I know the farmers are liking the rain. At least with the lower temps we aren't getting the humidity.

Hope you all have a fun weekend. Mine is going to be wet, as usual, and I work this afternoon.

Yikes!!!

How awesome!
Old 05-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #2101
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

How to share this amazing video that was sent to me...

Beauty of Mathematics - YouTube
Old 05-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #2102
Stazon Splitcoast

Awesome video.

We didn't get snow,yet, but we are getting lots of rain. Might get snow by tomorrow night. It won't last long if it does snow. We're still in the 40's. This weather brings more people into the library. Had a good day at work. Just steady enough to keep me from getting bored and able to take care of a few things. Good weather for reading or stamping, or both.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #2103
Stazon Splitcoast

we are having another rainy day. It was supposed to be 88 today but only got into the mid 60's. That's okay by me.

Dh has poison ivy/oak again. he is very susceptible. He is irritable and ornery.

have a good night!

Joan
Old 05-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #2104
Stazon Splitcoast

I am writing to ask for prayers. My niece was just informed that her unborn child has a whole in its heart and will probably have Down Syndrome when born. She is so very sad and angry. She has one son who is 5. She has had 2 miscarriages between the pregnancies. God please look over this family.

Joan
Old 05-27-2012, 03:52 AM   #2105
Gabfest Goddess

Joan, prayers for your Niece!!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #2106
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, will be praying for your niece. How sad for her.

If the temps keep dropping like they are, I'm going to have to turn the heat back on. It's only 34 and it is snowing. A good drenching, wet snow. It melts as soon as it hits the pavement, but is starting to stick to the grass and trees. Today is the high school's graduation. Sure puts a damper on all those parties. I've been invited to two of them. One for my coworker's son and the other is for my cousin's granddaughter. We're going to stick with family.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:41 AM   #2107
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
I am writing to ask for prayers. My niece was just informed that her unborn child has a whole in its heart and will probably have Down Syndrome when born. She is so very sad and angry. She has one son who is 5. She has had 2 miscarriages between the pregnancies. God please look over this family.

Joan, believing God to cover your niece and her sweet precious baby with His loving protection.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:41 AM   #2108
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Memorial Day 2012

Memorial Day is on the last Monday in May and honors those
men and women who lost their lives serving their country.
What we celebrate as Memorial Day today, began at the end of
the Civil War. Family members of the many soldiers slain in
battle would visit the grave sites of their fallen relatives
or friends and decorate the graves with flowers.

"It is, in a way, an odd thing to honor those who died in
defense of our country in wars far away. The imagination
plays a trick. We see these soldiers in our mind as old and
wise. We see them as something like the Founding Fathers,
grave and gray-haired. But most of them were boys when they
died, they gave up two lives -- the one they were living and
the one they would have lived. When they died, they gave up
their chance to be husbands and fathers and grandfathers.
They gave up their chance to be revered old men. They gave
up everything for their county, for us. All we can do is
remember."

-- Ronald Wilson Reagan - Remarks at Veteran's Day ceremony,
Arlington National Cemetery Arlington, Virginia,
November 11, 1985
Old 05-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #2109
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope you all had a good weekend; and a drier one than I had. The only thing we did was go to my cousin's granddaughter's graduation party. It's a good thing her aunt and uncle have a big house since it rained pretty much all day. It was kind of funny seeing snow on the mountains. The mountains in my area aren't very big. In fact, a lot of time we just call them the hills.

I sure hope the new medication Vince will be starting tomorrow works after all we have to go through. First of all, a nurse from Seattle is coming to teach us how to administer the meds. She just called and said she can't find a home care nurse in our area who is state qualified to administer this drug so looks like we have to go to Gt. Falls tomorrow and do this in his pulmonologist's office; if he has a room he can spare for 4 hours or more. Then we have a 2-hr. follow-up on Thursday, so looks like it's going to be an overnight stay. Vince is still in bed so he doesn't know about this yet. He's not going to be very happy. He wasn't looking forward to spending 4 hours learning how to administer this drug at home. Please pray this will bring the pressures in his lungs down quite a bit.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #2110
Gabfest Goddess

Hi ladies, Deb thinking of Vince prayers that all goes well and the medicine does it's job! Wow, snow in May!

Joan, thinking of you and your neice and family. Prayers for you and DS and family!

Cat, I do love the writing on Memorial Day - now that my nephew has gone into the Navy it really hits home even more. So very proud of him for all that he has accomplished over the last year and he is happy about being sent to GA. . . There are only 5 of his type of ships currently (I believe) so that sounded kind of cool.

Well I have to admit I didn't do much over the weekend I really need to get out of this funk I am in I am just so tired - really mentally tired. . . I got e-mail from DD school and she went in today without any work done on a thesis paper and of course it was everyone's fault but her own. . . I sincerely don't know where that comes from - because it is not me! At least that one isn't! lol - but seriously the whole throw blame, but she had plenty of time to be out Friday night - Saturday, Sunday & Yesterday. I spent most of the weekend alone - DH had to work and I just got in a funk and watched t.v. for 2 days in bed. That is not like me and I am so out of sorts!

I do hope everyone has a good Tuesday - gonna try to stay here a little late so that I can use Summer hours and leave early Friday!!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #2111
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon friends! Where have the last four days gone? I blinked and they are done. And I hadn't checked in here!!!

Michele - I love what you wrote for and said to Joan. Joan is awesome and wonderful and caring. God does love all of us as we are. He meets us where we are and then works to change us. Joan - you have a wonderful heart. We do love you.

Debbie - i cannot believe I was reading about SNOW! Cat, Michele and I have been dealing with HOT and HUMID weather. We have a head advisory in effect through this evening. Temps in the 90s, humidity is awful and very high/oppressive. I am so thankful we have a/c. I know I won't like paying the bill next month, but we would all be miserable and I would be very, very grumpy.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. For those who have to work - it is short. Michele, keep us posted on the job situation. I know you will make the right choice. God is good!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #2112
Stazon Splitcoast

Good news. Vince called his cousin who is the CEO of a clinic here and she said she has a nurse on staff who is a state-certified home care nurse. So we won't have to go to Gt. Falls (a 2-hr drive one way). They are going to do all Vince's training at the Bullhook Clinic and they're not going to bill us for use of the facilities or the nurse. If we had to do it in the Havre Clinic or hospital, we'd be billed. God is good.

It's not snowing today but looks like it might rain again. I think the temps finally hit back into the low 60's. Snow this time of year isn't uncommon around here. One year we were camping on July 4 and it snowed. You never know when you're in the mountains.

Got to go take the dogs to the vet for their checkups. Have a good rest of the day.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:48 AM   #2113
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Good news. Vince called his cousin who is the CEO of a clinic here and she said she has a nurse on staff who is a state-certified home care nurse. So we won't have to go to Gt. Falls (a 2-hr drive one way). They are going to do all Vince's training at the Bullhook Clinic and they're not going to bill us for use of the facilities or the nurse. If we had to do it in the Havre Clinic or hospital, we'd be billed. God is good.

It's not snowing today but looks like it might rain again. I think the temps finally hit back into the low 60's. Snow this time of year isn't uncommon around here. One year we were camping on July 4 and it snowed. You never know when you're in the mountains.

Got to go take the dogs to the vet for their checkups. Have a good rest of the day.

Praise God!! Happy for Vince
Old 05-30-2012, 02:49 AM   #2114
Gabfest Goddess

I am gonna keep this as my mantra:

Mandisa: Good Morning - Official Lyric Video - YouTube
Old 05-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #2115
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

God is soooo good - am so grateful for you and Vince. <3
Old 05-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #2116
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Thanks for the cheery song... heard the birds singing early this morning and immediately thought "thank You, Lord".
Old 05-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #2117
Stazon Splitcoast

Awesome song, Michele. Thanks for sharing it. It's a good morning, a brand new day, kiss yesterday goodbye.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #2118
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - I am so glad that Vince can do this training locally!!! Definitely a blessing. Thank the Lord!

We had some pretty strong storms come through last night. Might still have some more today. But I think it will be nice during the rest of the week! I hope so!
Old 05-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #2119
Stazon Splitcoast

We had more rain today. At least it's not snowing.

It's going to take time for Vince to get used the nebulizer. He has to take this medication every 2-3 hours in a 12-hour period. At least he doesn't have to worry about it at night. It's not like you can pop a pill. He has to spend about 15 min. each session. He has to spend another 2 hours with the nurse tomorrow morning. I just pray this helps bring those pulmonary pressures down and his breathing gets easier. In July, he's going to have his broken nose fixed (after 30+ years) and that will help his breathing a lot, too.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #2120
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I am an asthmatic. When I get realty bad I use a nebulizer. For me they weren't hard to use. I am so happy that Vince doesn't need to travel.. Another instance of God's ever constant love for us. The neb treatments sometimes left me light headed.

Michele- thanks for the perky song.

Joanne- Take care my friend.

Caterina- As always you know just what to say!

DS's current job came back with a counter offer from the president. Now he really has to think this through! Thanks for the prayers. Please keep them coming!

Joan