Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #2041
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

As most of you know, my passion for my Cole kids so thought to share this awesome video --- these kids are truly heroes and inspire me.

Cancer Patients Sing Stronger by Kelly Clarkson
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #2042
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello friends! We've been a little busy so I haven't been online as much as I'd like! I miss my friends when I'm gone.

Debbie - I'm glad you had such a great visit. I am very sorry about SIL's mother's passing. It is so hard to lose anyone - especially someone who is so sweet and caring. I still mourn the loss of an uncle - he was just the nicest guy.

My Mother's Day was very quiet, but that was really okay. This weather is messing with my allergies/headaches so I just never know what the day will be like. And I was hoping that I was done with "that time of the month", but I'm getting crampy and bloated and just feeling yucky. So I guess I'm not!!!

It was supposed to rain all day, but the sun is out now! It is humid, though, as well. I have a feeling the air will be on later in the day.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #2043
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi to all!
Debbie- So happy that you got to visit the girls.
Joanne- HI! I know what you mean about allergies.
Caterina- That video was beautiful!
Old 05-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #2044
Gabfest Goddess

I have reached breaking point with DH's brother. . . I told DH for now I don't want to hear his name for the rest of the day. . . He is so unstable and I am just so tired of all the crap and DH missed another day of work due to depression and I think the tough love I dished out was useful today and told him it's his brother or us I can drag s horse to water but can't make him drink. . . Really at a low point and gave myself a major headache today
Old 05-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #2045
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Praying for you!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:19 AM   #2046
Gabfest Goddess

thank you, I know DH is under pressure but I have asked not to hear about his brother, of course he couldn't do that! So BIL was thrown out by GF again and is in Phoenix now waiting for more $$ in his account. . . Oh yeah, which another errand I have to do before work. I am so on overload!! It's awful that I am so upset with this person. I want nothing to do with him. . . ANd then feel bad about that. . . At least DH went to work today. Ticks me off that he took 2 unpaid days because where is my break?? I can't do that stuff never could but he can (in his own head and does it) some days so very tired of the HOH spot! Thankful for all God has given me with my job and everything I think just very tired.

THanks for letting me rant and vent. . . hurt so much
Old 05-16-2012, 05:28 AM   #2047
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
As most of you know, my passion for my Cole kids so thought to share this awesome video --- these kids are truly heroes and inspire me.

Cancer Patients Sing Stronger by Kelly Clarkson
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing it, Cat.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:31 AM   #2048
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Hello friends! We've been a little busy so I haven't been online as much as I'd like! I miss my friends when I'm gone.

Debbie - I'm glad you had such a great visit. I am very sorry about SIL's mother's passing. It is so hard to lose anyone - especially someone who is so sweet and caring. I still mourn the loss of an uncle - he was just the nicest guy.

My Mother's Day was very quiet, but that was really okay. This weather is messing with my allergies/headaches so I just never know what the day will be like. And I was hoping that I was done with "that time of the month", but I'm getting crampy and bloated and just feeling yucky. So I guess I'm not!!!

It was supposed to rain all day, but the sun is out now! It is humid, though, as well. I have a feeling the air will be on later in the day.
I hate allergies! I've been lucky so far. Mine haven't been too bad yet. Just a few sniffles at the moment. Hope you're feeling a little better.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #2049
Stazon Splitcoast

I made it home yesterday. Although it was real hard leaving the girls, I was ready for my own home. Especially my bed. I slept on the couch all week. Not an uncomfortable couch. When Lyra got home after spending the day with her daddy, she wandered around the apartment looking for me. She was fine when she was told I went home. Timber and Lexi were so happy to see me. I could hardly get into the house. I am so blessed to have a husband who cleans up after himself. It was nice coming home to a clean house. All I need to do is dust and my laundry. I was in bed at 9:30 last night and slept until 7:30 this morning. I was up at 3:30 yesterday. Almost fell asleep at the Denver airport but the chairs aren't all that comfortable. I dozed a little on the plane but I was afraid I would start snoring, which is something I do when I'm very tired. That would have been a bit embarrassing.

Michele, in my opinion, the best thing you can do for your BIL is to cut off his funds. That would be the hardest thing for your DH to do, but his brother isn't going to change a thing about himself as long as he knows he'll always have someone to pay his expenses. Let him know you'll give him moral support when he gets serious about helping himself, but you're not giving him any more money. I personally know how hard that is. They don't call it "tough love" for nothing. I'll pray that one day soon your DH will see that he is enabling his brother and needs to stop. As long as someone keeps enabling him, your BIL is never going to change his ways. Praying for your sanity, too. BIG HUGS to you.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #2050
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
thank you, I know DH is under pressure but I have asked not to hear about his brother, of course he couldn't do that! So BIL was thrown out by GF again and is in Phoenix now waiting for more $$ in his account. . . Oh yeah, which another errand I have to do before work. I am so on overload!! It's awful that I am so upset with this person. I want nothing to do with him. . . ANd then feel bad about that. . . At least DH went to work today. Ticks me off that he took 2 unpaid days because where is my break?? I can't do that stuff never could but he can (in his own head and does it) some days so very tired of the HOH spot! Thankful for all God has given me with my job and everything I think just very tired.

THanks for letting me rant and vent. . . hurt so much
Michele, extremely sorry for all that you are feeling... it is a tough spot for sure. Asking God to surround you completely with His loving caring grace and peace amidst the trouble and turmoil.

Remember you have an open invitation to visit anytime for a break and use our guestroom.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #2051
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele - it is difficult and you are in the middle. I often wonder if tough love isn't what we should be doing with our oldest. I don't really think so because she does have a handicap of sorts. But there are days when I just want to kick her out and have her try to make it on her own. If I struggle with it, DH would just not be able to do it at all. I guess we are just too soft hearted. I truly hope that ISN'T the answer. I just keep plugging along.

She had another crying jag tonight. I was in bed and thought I heard crying and talking. Yep. Tonight I actually felt sorry for her. She is trying to get into better sleep habits. I think she is stressing over it so much that she can't make the changes she needs. I know that feeling. But she won't get the help either.

Sorry, I did NOT mean to rant/vent over your post! Not my intention at all. Just know I continue to think of you, pray for those involved and really hope things get better.

Cat - one of these days I'm going to plan a trip to visit you. You really aren't too far away. And then in the other direction is Michele! You live closer to my parents.

Okay - it is 4 am and I'M having trouble sleeping. Hm, wonder where Marie gets the problems from. Thank goodness I don't have anything urgent in the morning. I have errands but then can be done a little later.

Good night friends.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #2052
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Michele - it is difficult and you are in the middle. I often wonder if tough love isn't what we should be doing with our oldest. I don't really think so because she does have a handicap of sorts. But there are days when I just want to kick her out and have her try to make it on her own. If I struggle with it, DH would just not be able to do it at all. I guess we are just too soft hearted. I truly hope that ISN'T the answer. I just keep plugging along.

She had another crying jag tonight. I was in bed and thought I heard crying and talking. Yep. Tonight I actually felt sorry for her. She is trying to get into better sleep habits. I think she is stressing over it so much that she can't make the changes she needs. I know that feeling. But she won't get the help either.

Sorry, I did NOT mean to rant/vent over your post! Not my intention at all. Just know I continue to think of you, pray for those involved and really hope things get better.

Cat - one of these days I'm going to plan a trip to visit you. You really aren't too far away. And then in the other direction is Michele! You live closer to my parents.

Okay - it is 4 am and I'M having trouble sleeping. Hm, wonder where Marie gets the problems from. Thank goodness I don't have anything urgent in the morning. I have errands but then can be done a little later.

Good night friends.
Joanne, you didn't take over my rant, your sweet but never a worry and it made me feel more normal - just that others go through this stuff too. I don't want you to have to go through it - just it gets hard and I like not focusing on me all the time.

I hope you got some sleep!! HUGS!!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #2053
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm praying for all of us and our families. Lord knows we need all the help we can get.

I am so happy DS is talking to us again. I talked with him for more than an hour on the phone last night. The GF is still in jail. No one has the money to bail her out and she agrees she deserves to be where she is. DS hasn't talked to a public defender yet because the courts haven't sent them the paperwork yet. I can understand the big delay in a city, but I live in a small town of maybe 10,000. He agrees he screwed up with having pot and a pipe on him, but he is going to fight what we believe was an illegal search of him and his truck. The only thing the notice they gave him (and it wasn't even a search warrant) was that they were there to search the trailer, which they had the right to do since GF violated her probation. He also asked for a cop to be present when he was searched and the detention officers ignored him. Time will tell. The other day a deputy sheriff went to the trailer looking for GF to serve her some papers. The sheriff's office is in the detention center. Nate asked him if he checked the jail since that's where she's been for the past couple weeks. Really makes me wonder about our justice system here.

My first day back to work was pretty quiet. The first hour was boring until the boss brought me a cart full of old magazines that had to be deleted out of the system. That project should keep me busy for the next few days.

Have a good day.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #2054
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Good night friends.

Joanne, feel so sorry for you and your daughter. It is a tough road to walk. Hope both you and Marie get better sleeping patterns.

You know you are welcome to come south whenever you like to visit.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #2055
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
I'm praying for all of us and our families. Lord knows we need all the help we can get.

I am so happy DS is talking to us again. I talked with him for more than an hour on the phone last night. The GF is still in jail. No one has the money to bail her out and she agrees she deserves to be where she is. DS hasn't talked to a public defender yet because the courts haven't sent them the paperwork yet. I can understand the big delay in a city, but I live in a small town of maybe 10,000. He agrees he screwed up with having pot and a pipe on him, but he is going to fight what we believe was an illegal search of him and his truck. The only thing the notice they gave him (and it wasn't even a search warrant) was that they were there to search the trailer, which they had the right to do since GF violated her probation. He also asked for a cop to be present when he was searched and the detention officers ignored him. Time will tell. The other day a deputy sheriff went to the trailer looking for GF to serve her some papers. The sheriff's office is in the detention center. Nate asked him if he checked the jail since that's where she's been for the past couple weeks. Really makes me wonder about our justice system here.

My first day back to work was pretty quiet. The first hour was boring until the boss brought me a cart full of old magazines that had to be deleted out of the system. That project should keep me busy for the next few days.

Have a good day.

Having gone through the justice system a couple of times, it is truly broken. Glad DS is talking with you again.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #2056
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne- I feel bad for you and your daughter. Wish I could make it all better!

Michele- take care of yourself. It is so difficult to deal with family members who are out of control.

Debbie- What a great Mother's Day gift to have your ds talking with you again.

Caterina- I can surely agree with your assessment of the justice system.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #2057
Stazon Splitcoast

Is it bedtime yet? I feel awful. Woke up with a sore throat and as the day wore on, my sinuses started hurting. I would love to take a nap, but it's too late in the day for one and it's too early to go to bed. I hate allergies. I'm sure I mentioned that before. Maybe I'll just make some hot tea and curl up with a book.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #2058
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all~ I thought I had allergies, but now I believe it is a cold. Yuck. I'll live but it is annoying. I have a lot to do and am tired and can't stop the runny nose!

BEAUTIFUL day. Am very thankful for that!!

Debbie - I am so glad your son is talking to you and DH. Maybe this will be the push he needs to do what he needs to do. Maybe GF is seeing that as well. Have you heard from GF's son?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #2059
Gabfest Goddess

Sorry to all who are not feeling well - DD has had it and DH too - me just a little bit by comparison. . .

Joanne it is so beautiful here today - went out for lunch and now can't stop thinking about leaving here and another hour and 40 minutes! But it will eventually get here and then the weekend.

Debbie, I am glad DS is talking to DH and prayers for the whole justice situation! I know it's tough.

Cat - how are things in MD? How is Reynold doing?

Well BIL is back at home for now which is good - gonna head to my mom's for tomorrow (but first stop is at AC Moore) DD and a friend of mine are going to make a grafetti canvas in her room with her name and a bible verse at the bottom. 36 x 48 or something along those lines. It will be original that's for sure and that is what DD is looking for! So have a 50% off coupon so then it's only $22 for the canvas. Mom's birthday is Wednesday so this way Jenn will help do mulch spreading at their church and I will assemble the rest of the cards from the SBS, paper I have cut but not assembled. . . So sad, I have only a few RAK cards left don't know how my supply got so low. . .

I hope everyone has a good rest of their Friday!!
Old 05-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #2060
Stazon Splitcoast

It was 91 degrees in Minnesota today. that is toooooo hot for me. Good thing there was a breeze. Of course, it was hot in the school kitchen!

Have a good weekend!
Old 05-19-2012, 05:49 AM   #2061
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, I haven't talked to GF's son since I got back. I guess he's working on getting himself emancipated since he's 16. He'll have to hold down a job and finish school. He doesn't want the state to decide who he's going to live with. I guess his little brother's dad is fighting for custody of the boys. What a joke that is. He quit his job so he wouldn't have to pay child support for Russell. The aunt they were staying with also wants legal custody.

Joan, I'm sorry you had to work in the hot kitchen on such a hot day. The rain we had the other evening and in the morning yesterday cooled things way down.

I'm trying to decide if I should stay home or go to work this afternoon. My chest is congested from all the drainage from my sinuses. At least I have a job that I don't have to be too active. I really hate to lose those hours, though.

Michele, the canvas sounds like fun. Have a good day with your mom.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:02 AM   #2062
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I hope work is better than you expect.
We had a thunderstorm without rain last night. it was so loud.
Michele- thinking of you and your situation.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #2063
Stazon Splitcoast

I ended up staying home from work. I spent the day in my recliner reading and napping. Hardly moved at all. It felt good to get all that rest. I don't go back to work until Tuesday so I should be ready to go back then. I hate feeling like this, but the worst of it seems to be passing.

Hope you're having a better weekend than I am.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #2064
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Hope you are feeling better soon! Take care my friend!

DS stopped over with DGD this afternoon! It is so good to see her. She is such a joy. DH( gampa) read a few books to her. He usually doesn't get that opportunity. I am always happy to see her. However, DS is on my bad list. He has hurt my feelings one tooo many times. he did it again today! What a brat!

Last edited by smileyj; 05-19-2012 at 04:50 PM..
Old 05-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #2065
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Debbie- Hope you are feeling better soon! Take care my friend!

DS stopped over with DGD this afternoon! It is so good to see her. She is such a joy. DH( gampa) read a few books to her. He usually doesn't get that opportunity. I am always happy to see her. However, DS is on my bad list. He has hurt my feelings one tooo many times. he did it again today! What a brat!
Oh that stinks that you DS hurt your feelings - I am so sorry. I am convinced boys really don't get it!! I am thankful for the good time with DGD though. Your in thought and prayer! HUGS!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #2066
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
I ended up staying home from work. I spent the day in my recliner reading and napping. Hardly moved at all. It felt good to get all that rest. I don't go back to work until Tuesday so I should be ready to go back then. I hate feeling like this, but the worst of it seems to be passing.

Hope you're having a better weekend than I am.
I am thankful that you were able to relax today reading and napping. That can really rejuvenate you! So glad another day off for you so that you can get what you need! HUGS!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #2067
Gabfest Goddess

Had a good day today got to spend some quality time with my 14 year old nephew today and really enjoyed it and he did too. Some relationships mending Praise God! Church really got his attention today he doesn't normally go and it gave him stuff to think about and then blessed to have alone time explaining some things to him. . . . Very cool.

He even asked about going to Chrisitian camp and his mom (my DS) is contemplating letting him go. . . yeah!!

I hope everyone has a blessed rest of the weekend! HUGS TO ALL
Old 05-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #2068
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't do much again today. My ribs hurt so bad from all the coughing. At least my sinuses don't hurt anymore. I stripped my bed and washed all the bedding today. I still need to remake it. I think tomorrow we're going to start hitting the pavement for donations for the 4th of July Festival. That's a lot of running around. DH does most of that. I'll help whenever I can. I like that I don't have to go back to work until noon on Tuesday.

Have a fantastic week.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #2069
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I didn't do much again today. My ribs hurt so bad from all the coughing. At least my sinuses don't hurt anymore. I stripped my bed and washed all the bedding today. I still need to remake it. I think tomorrow we're going to start hitting the pavement for donations for the 4th of July Festival. That's a lot of running around. DH does most of that. I'll help whenever I can. I like that I don't have to go back to work until noon on Tuesday.

Have a fantastic week.

Sending many healing hugs your way...
Old 05-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #2070
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Monday... hope this brings a smile to your face.

Jesus Loves You
Old 05-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #2071
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Cat. I'm feeling like a human being again today. Thanks for the chuckle.

Did I tell you about the cost of the nebulizer and medication that DH is going to start using? It's more than $12,500 a month. There are definitely angels among us. There's a group called Caring Voices Coalition who has been paying DH's copay on one medication, hopefully will be able to drop that one if this goes well. His case worker called this morning to say the grant to pay for his copay on this has been approved. It's not going to cost a anything. Thank you, Jesus. The thing is, the grant isn't coming from Caring Voices Coalition. The case worker told DH she would take care of all the paperwork for him when he called her because he was getting the run-around from everyone and didn't know what to do.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #2072
Gabfest Goddess

Cat, I love the links and inspiration!

Gramma, Praise God on the copay stuff! That's so cool!

My eye glasses have been taking forever and they just told me they are going to give me $100 back - I was so happy!! I don't have yet - but they say by the weekend and I thought that was nice of the eye dr.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 05-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #2073
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- God is good! Hope you feel better very soon!
Caterina- Thanks
Michele- Take care my friend
Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #2074
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - so thankful that DH's meds will be covered. That is so expensive. Just found out about yet another family from church dealing with some health issues. The dad (who has the problems) doesn't have insurance. They are the BEST family. We're going to do as much as we can.

It is a dreary day, I wish it WOULD rain. It was supposed to yesterday, but it didn't. If it is going to be lousy, they rain already!

Hope everyone has a good day. You all deserve it!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #2075
Gabfest Goddess

Joanne, we have been getting the rain for 2 days now I am about ready for some sunshine for a few days! I think that dehumidifer will go on tonight - again! I found myself looking at rain barrels, thinking maybe that's a good way to save on water for things outside. . .

So funny story yesterday I am leaving work and I see all the cars going to hit the highway going south are blocked up and can't even seem to get out the building (we have about 2,000 people on site) thankfully I was going the other way but funny thing was a momma turkey was keeping each and every car away from where her little ones were and she was trying to attack the cars I thought you go momma protect those little ones - the determination was incredible to see and she put her own life on the line. . .

I am so tired today - didn't sleep well hope tonight I get more sleep boy am I cranky!! ugghhhh

HUGS my friends to all of you!
Old 05-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #2076
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi to all my dear friends... thinking about you!
Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #2077
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, you don't want to be attacked by a momma turkey.

I went to work after a 3-day weekend. Feeling so much better. I spent most of Saturday and Sunday reading and napping. I'm real big on lots of rest when you're sick. My body wouldn't let me do otherwise.

DH is getting set up with his nebulizer next week. The person getting him set up is coming from Seattle and has no idea where Havre, MT, is. She's in for a culture shock.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #2078
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just thought I would let you know that Reynold's eye surgery is scheduled for June 27th at Sinai Hospital. Trusting God that this will give him the relief he needs.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #2079
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for letting us know, Cat. Hoping all goes well for him.

I have a cute story to share. I talked to Sheri earlier and I guess when Lyra got home from her dad's this afternoon, she immediately had to go potty. She has been so stubborn about potty training. Sheri and Bailey made a big thing about how proud they are of her so now she's obssessed with sitting on her potty chair. She didn't want her mom in the bathroom with her so she locked the door on Sheri. She just doesn't get the unlocking part. Sheri couldn't find anything to put in the little hole to unlock it so she tried to unscrew the lock, but ended up breaking it. Lyra was saying she wants out now, but Sheri told her she had to wait until the maintenance guy came to unlock the door. Instead of panicking, she said "OK, I'll go potty again". She was perfectly happy sitting on her potty chair and eating Pringles potato chips. I wish I was there to have seen that. She wasn't panicking but Sheri was getting a little concerned. I guess the maintenance crew get calls like that all the time. They just chuckled and put a new knob on the door. Nothing scares that kid, except small dogs she doesn't know. Big dogs are ok. Big horses are ok. Not small dogs.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #2080
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Just thought I would let you know that Reynold's eye surgery is scheduled for June 27th at Sinai Hospital. Trusting God that this will give him the relief he needs.
Prayers for Reynold!! Prayers that he is healed and doesn't need the new surgery.

HUGS!! Please let him know praying for him