Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #2001
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- I am happy that you had a chance to get away. Time alone is essential. My DH and DS can cause so much drama. However, my boss's attitude bugs me the most and brings my morale and self-esteem down.

I was fortunate to go to the school musical Bye Bye Birdie. I was in that show 41 yrs ago. It made me feel like a teenager again. I remembered most of the songs. The kids were happy that I came. I even got some hugs from them. They are the reason I work!

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

Joan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #2002
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, I'm glad you had a fun weekend.

I think DS sees a judge tomorrow, but I'm not sure. I might have to call his boss tomorrow and find out what I can. I'm sure they think I'm not a very loving mother since I haven't called them all weekend. I would like to know what's going to happen to him before I leave on Tuesday. I'll probably read about it in the paper. But I'm not losing sleep over it. I just pray this time in jail will make him see what he's losing. He's in God's hands. He'll do what's best for Nate.

I'm trying to finish a library book before tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to make it. I really didn't want to take it with me in case I lose it, but I have to finish it now. At least it's not due back until I come home.

Hope everyone has a decent week. You know I'm going to have fun.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:08 AM   #2003
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning!

Please know I am thinking of all of you and prayers that each of you have a blessed day and remember how much you are loved!

Hugs
Old 05-07-2012, 05:20 AM   #2004
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning, just a quick drive by to say Reynold will be having eye surgery today as outpatient. Pray for my wonderful husband and me too... I think I am more nervous than he is.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #2005
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.

Cat, I'm sure Reynold is going to be fine. Sometimes I think it's harder on us than the one going through surgery.

I can't wait until tomorrow night when I land in Lincoln. I'm so excited about seeing my girls. I'm also at loose ends about DS.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #2006
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I am praying for you. Hopefully, this truly will be a wake up for DS. Remember you are a good mom. Our children choose to make bad decisions. I am excited for you to see the girls. Sherri will be glad to have you there too!

Caterina- Thinking that Reynolds is out of surgery and do fantastic,

Michele- Thinking of you and all the family drama!

Happy Monday.... hoping it is a good week.

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

Joan
Old 05-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #2007
Gabfest Goddess

Cat, how is Reynold doing?

Debbie, so excited about your trip the grandchildren will be nice to visit
Old 05-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #2008
Stazon Splitcoast

I talked to DS's boss this morning. I figured I'd get more information from her. Anyway, he saw the judge this morning and is being released on his own recognizance. His boss said she'd pick him up and bring him here. I'm still waiting. I'm kind of guessing that he refused to come here. If I don't hear from him soon, I'll call his boss again. I guess the gf is going to be locked up for quite some time since she broke probation. I'd like ot know more but will have to wait to talk to Nate.

Poor Bailey had a meltdown at school this morning. She's so worried about her mommy. She tried calling Sheri last night but she didn't answer her phone. Bailey just knew something bad happened to her. Sheri was in the shower when Bailey called then went right to bed without checking her phone. Bailey's teacher called Sheri to let her know they were having some issues with her. Sheri had a friend drive her to the school so she could have lunch with Bailey. They had lunch all by themselves in the teacher's lounge. Once Bailey was able to see her mom and see that she's fine she was good for the rest of the day. They decided Bailey could go home after school since her daddy doesn't work until later in the morning so he can pick her up and take her to school. Bussing is pretty nonexistant there unless you're handicapped or in special ed. Sheri's ready to have her home. Lyra's daddy took her home for a couple hours yesterday so she could see her mommy. She keeps asking for her. She surprised them by not putting up a fight when she went with her daddy. She's going home tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #2009
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just brought Reynold home from Sinai. Unfortunately, he went through the procedure but the doctor could not get through due to scar tissue. So my poor husband will see the doctor in two weeks to allow his eye to heal and then schedule a more invasive surgery (inpatient) which at least he will be given general anesthesia. Was praying that this would go better however, trusting God for healing.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #2010
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I am so happy that Sheri has such great friends. The girls will be very happy to see you. Then, the can be home with their mom. So hard on little ones.

Caterina- Sorry to hear about Reynolds troubles. I am praying for him.

Joan
Old 05-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #2011
Stazon Splitcoast

Cat, I'm sorry Reynold has to got through tha again.

Finally got to talk Nate. It took all day to process him out of jail once the judge released him on his own recognizance. His boss kept going to the detention center to get him. I finally met Judy at the detention center at 4 this afternoon and demanded to know what the hold up was. The girl I talked to said it takes time because he had to wait his turn. There were only himself and one other to process out. Then she told me it should only be another half hour. I told her I was going to keep bugging them every half hour. While we were sitting there, one of the detention officers came out and told us they already released Nate. While Judy and I went up one street he was walking home down another. Why couldn't the person I first talked to tell me he was already gone? The gf was arrested Thursday because she boke her probation by being in a bar. A jailer called Nate on Friday to have him take 4 prescription pills to Dawn and that is the possession charge. There's a lot of other stuff that went on that I'm not so sure Nate should have been arrest. He sees a public defendor tomorrow. One good thing came out of all this. Nate came by the house for supper and had a talk with Vince. Their relationship is going to be a little strained for a while, but they both agreed to let bygones be bygones and go forward from now on. By the time Nate left, the guys were actually carrying on a nice conversation. God is good. Now I can go to Nebraska with a lighter heart.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #2012
Gabfest Goddess

Cat, prayers for Reynold praying for full recovery and healing. Hugs for you and him.

Debbie, so glad that he got out and spoke to Vince God is so good. . . Prayers for a good trip for you and your family will be so thrilled to see you.

Joan, I am plugging along with the family drama - last nite was a low point for me. I broke down big time and it was nice DD came in and prayed for me and I don't know spiritually what happened but God really was here and DD saw some things from her end that she doesn't handle things good sometimes and tends to explode and I tried to explain I don't deal with things like that well and there has been too much conflict.

Hugs to all - have a blessed Tuesday
Old 05-08-2012, 04:57 AM   #2013
Stazon Splitcoast

Your DD is a real treasure, Michele.

I'm just about ready to head down the road to the airport. Vince has a doctor's appointment this morning and I fly out this afternoon. Good thing both are in the same town. In about 12 hours I'll be seeing my girls.

I'll try to check in as often as I can. Depends on when I can get internet.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #2014
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for all my friends and their families today. Everyone has a lot going on.

Debbie - glad Nate and Vince got to talk. Hope you have a wonderful time - ENJOY those girls!

My Julie has her History final this morning. That is the class we are all most concerned about. She is trying so hard, but tests really terrify her. The professor let the kids bring in a page of notes, I'm hoping and praying it is the right info and she does well.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #2015
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Praying for all my friends and their families today. Everyone has a lot going on.

Debbie - glad Nate and Vince got to talk. Hope you have a wonderful time - ENJOY those girls!

My Julie has her History final this morning. That is the class we are all most concerned about. She is trying so hard, but tests really terrify her. The professor let the kids bring in a page of notes, I'm hoping and praying it is the right info and she does well.
Prayers for Julie today - praying she does extremely well on her test!!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #2016
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Your DD is a real treasure, Michele.

I'm just about ready to head down the road to the airport. Vince has a doctor's appointment this morning and I fly out this afternoon. Good thing both are in the same town. In about 12 hours I'll be seeing my girls.

I'll try to check in as often as I can. Depends on when I can get internet.

Thanks, she is a treasure and was thankful after her prayer that maybe I am doing something right.

I hope Vince has a good Dr. appointment today and safe travels for you and enjoy your visit!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #2017
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- So glad that your dd is there for you!

Joanne- thinking of you!

Debbie- Hope your trip is safe.

Joan
Old 05-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #2018
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Michele- So glad that your dd is there for you!

Joanne- thinking of you!

Debbie- Hope your trip is safe.
SENDING YOU BIG HUGS!!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:44 AM   #2019
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Cat, prayers for Reynold praying for full recovery and healing. Hugs for you and him.

Debbie, so glad that he got out and spoke to Vince God is so good. . . Prayers for a good trip for you and your family will be so thrilled to see you.

Joan, I am plugging along with the family drama - last nite was a low point for me. I broke down big time and it was nice DD came in and prayed for me and I don't know spiritually what happened but God really was here and DD saw some things from her end that she doesn't handle things good sometimes and tends to explode and I tried to explain I don't deal with things like that well and there has been too much conflict.

Hugs to all - have a blessed Tuesday

What a blessing and awesome experience for you and DD! God is good and loves you both sooooo much! He will not fail you.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:46 AM   #2020
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Cute chuckle

Bagpiper

As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently, I was asked by a
funeral director to play at a graveside service for a
homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service
was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the Kentucky back
country.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost; and
being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions. I finally
arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently
gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight.

There were only the diggers and crew left, and they were
eating lunch. I felt bad and apologized to the men for being
late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down, and
the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else
to do, so I started to play.

The workers put down their lunches and began to gather
around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no
family and friends. I played like I've never played before
for this homeless man. And as I played "Amazing Grace," the
workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept
together. When I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and
started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was
full.

As I was opening the door to my car, I heard one of the
workers say, "I never seen nothin' like that before, and
I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."

Why can't men just ask for directions?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #2021
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Wednesday! It has been so gray and dreary. I think I see a little sun starting to peek out! Tomorrow is supposed to be better - I hope so. This weather is bringing me down.

Julie doesn't think she did well on her final. I hope she is wrong. She is concerned though.

Hope my friends are having a good day. You ladies all deserve it!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #2022
Gabfest Goddess

Joanne, it is dreary here too, everyone is feeling it think the barometric pressure is making us all tired, or that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #2023
Mad Swapper

hi friends! just wanted to stop by to say hello and to let you know how grateful I am for all the cards you sent me. big hugs to all of you.
♥Journey Coach #87♥
www.christinepennington.com
Old 05-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #2024
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHeNpiGsFly View Post
hi friends! just wanted to stop by to say hello and to let you know how grateful I am for all the cards you sent me. big hugs to all of you.

Christine, sooooooo good to have you come by - you have been missed!! Love and hugs <3
Old 05-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #2025
Stazon Splitcoast

Christine=- So happy to have you post. I miss you! I am happy that you received the cards.

Joan
Old 05-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #2026
Gabfest Goddess

Christine, so nice to see you post, we miss you!

Ahhh, what a day and glad that it is Thursday, tomorrow is the obvious Friday but today signed up to go to a copic coloring basics/intermediate class at the scrabpooking expo, in June well late June - but should be fun. My sister and I rent a room for Friday night and play Saturday at the class and then the expo floor - can be a dangerous place with all the toys but it should be fun. Trying to keep things that are me fun in the future for things to look forward to, managing depression / winter blues has been tough.

I hope everyone has had a good day and hope everyone's TGIF is a good one!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #2027
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele= Good for you on planning a fun weekend with your sister!

So happy tomorrow is Friday! unfortunately, I have to work Saturday from 3PM- 8 or 9. Years ago I wanted the extra hours, and didn't get them. Now I don't care, and I get them.

Joan
Old 05-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #2028
Stazon Splitcoast

Cat, that was the best chuckle I've had in a long time.
Christine, glad you popped in. We'd love to see more of you.
Praying for everyone.

I'm really enjoying my girls and the critters. I haven't seen the dog in three years and he was so excited to see me. It took Lyra about an hour to warm up to me. I can't believe how big the girls have grown. I'm going to go walk with Bailey at her school's walk-a-thon this afternoon. Haven't had a chance to shop. Sheri's doing great. You wouldn't know she had surgery a week ago.

When I got here, I had a message from DH. His SIL's mother passed away Tuesday afternoon. I wish I was there for her right now. I'm going to miss the funeral, too. Her mother was one of the best people I have ever met. She'll be missed a lot.

Have a great weekend.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #2029
Gabfest Goddess

Debbie so sorry for the loss. But so thankful you are with the girls and sounds like you are having fun! So happy Sherri is doing well - I would be happy to send some happy mail. . . Glad your trip is good!!

Joan, I hear you sometimes you get older and don't want the hours - that has happened to me too. . . But maybe you can use the extra $$ for something fun. . . I just try to tell myself that so that I keep plugging along when I am working!

Just 20 more minutes and I am out of here! I have a play date for tomorrow with a new friend and I am very excited!! Papercrafting with a friend!! Love it!

Hope everyone has a blessed Mother's Day weekend!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #2030
Stazon Splitcoast

happy Friday....
I am down in the dumps. I don't know why?

Debbie- Happy you are having fun with the girls. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Michele- You are so right! What should I do with the extra money? Oh yay... extra bills due!

Joan
Old 05-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #2031
Gabfest Goddess

Joan, saying a prayer for you sorry you are down in the dumps!! HUGS MY FRIEND HUGS!!
Old 05-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #2032
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, hope you're feeling better today.

The kids and I are going to the zoo this afternoon. It's cloudy and a little chillier today so hoping it doesn't decide to rain on us.

I have no idea whose internet I'm using, but it's nice. However, I do get kicked out after a while. At least I'm able to keep in touch with everyone.

Have a fun weekend.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #2033
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought this was funny...

Itís almost Motherís Day! We canít thank our moms enough for everything they do. This hilarious spoof of Queenís Bohemian Rhapsody, called Mommy Rhapsody, was performed as an introduction to the Motherís Day service at Church on the Move. If youíre a mom, this will crack you up. If youíre not a mom, youíll still love it!

Click on link...

Jesus Loves You
Old 05-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #2034
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- thanks for posting Jesus Loves Me! That was great!

My new avatar is my mom on her wedding day in 1933.

Joan

Last edited by smileyj; 05-12-2012 at 06:04 PM..
Old 05-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #2035
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Caterina- thanks for posting Jesus Loves Me! That was great!

My new avatar is my mom on her wedding day in 1933.

Love the picture of your mom!
Old 05-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #2036
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Mother's Day to all MOMS

Joan
Old 05-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #2037
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
Old 05-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #2038
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope you all had a good Mother's Day. I did. Found bunk beds for Bailey. They'll be delivered on Thursday so I'm not going to get to see it set up. Sheri ordered a Tinkerbell toddler bed for Lyra and it came the other day. Lyra loves it so much she spends the entire night in her own bed for a change. This Gramma is broke now. Good thing pay day is Tuesday. Bailey's class wrote something about their mothers that started the letters in Mother. Bailey did one for me using Grandma. It is so precious. I might have to frame it.

It sounds like my Lexi is missing me. She's confused at night since I'm not in my bed. Only one more day with the girls then I head home.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #2039
Gabfest Goddess

Debbie, sounds like a wonderful trip and see you DGD was right Gramma got the beds!! She has great faith in you!

Joan, love the avatar and I can definitely see the resemblence from your mom to you!

Joanne, hope you had a good weekend. Weather was pretty good here in "Jersey"

Caterina, loved the video so posted on FB!! You find the coolest stuff!

Had a really good Mother's Day, it was off to a rocky start initially and DH didn't come to lunch with us but gave me his debit card. My BIL contacts us around 9 am he got himself from AZ to Denver and went to the ex- ex-wife's house and then she was calling my nephew his son crying saying get him out of here I can't take it. . . Lord only knows what truly happened the rest of the day. He did apologize to DH but it's just in this state of there is nothing we can do and so thankful we didn't put more $$ into his account he would have given it to her and then been really messed up. We are far from control freaks but it's so hard to watch someone you love do this to themselves!! We need to keep paying his rent and food, he just is so stubborn. But DH was so sweet to me it wasn't that - so I told him do what you have to and I will have one Strawberry Drink on you! Which I did.

Family is fun! LOL

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and has a truly blessed day!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #2040
Stazon Splitcoast

thinking of all!

Joan