Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #1961
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie and Michele- I love how some workers can get away with being incompetent and lazy. I hear, "Joan has time. She can do it!" That is because I have a work ethic. I am always doing things that are not in my job description. So the boss no longer has one for me. it is just whatever needs to be done!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #1962
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm at the desk now. It's a little quiet at the moment. I got a lot done earlier today. The stacks are looking a lot better. One more day and I'll have the nonfiction done. You do have to realize I work in a small library. The rest will go quicker. I refuse to do the children's nonfiction. I wouldn't mind doing it if I knew it would be kept up, but I knoe better than that. Better get back to work.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #1963
Glitter Guru

It's true Joan work ethic is something we all take seriously but not everyone else!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #1964
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I am amazed at some people's work ethic. I have friends that are twin sisters (in their early 30s). They have an awesome work ethic. Their father, on the other hand, is a lazy loser. I won't even get into it, because my BP will rise, but he has been living off them since they turned 18. They do get SS from their mom's estate. Mom died with the girls were 14 years old. I do not know where they got the skills they have because dad is loser with a capital LOSER!!!!

Sorry, rant over . . .

Debbie - tomorrow is Wednesday! Just remember that!!!!

Michele - any more news on DH's brother? I have just had him and your family on my mind.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #1965
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, it's ONLY Wednesday tomorrow? Darn. It seems like it should be Friday. Call me a wimp, but I'm not used to working full time hours. Tomorrow should be interesting. It's story time day; one in the morning and another one in the afternoon. We really could one more person tomorrow. Oh, well. I will survive.

Talked to DD tonight. All of her coworkers pitched in and bought her some books to read while she's recuperating from surgery. And they all added gift certificates good for a meal anytime she wanted. They put their phone numbers on each slip of paper. Another one of her friends said she and her mom are going to make a couple of casseroles, one to eat right away and another one to freeze for later. She is totally overwhelmed by it all. Bailey is starting a list of things I'm going to buy her when I get there. She also has some of my days planned. She's going to stay home from school Wednedsay so we can go to the cupcake shop where Sheri works. Then we have to go to the barn and see the baby Clydesdale. I'm also going to take her to the children's zoo while I'm there. I guess my Saturday is planned. I hope it's a nice day. It'll be fun to take the girls to the zoo. I'm glad it's a small one. I'd really like to have the time to go to the zoo in Omaha. I haven't been to that one in a very long time and they've made a lot of changes. Next trip to NE.

Good night. Hope everyone gets (or got) a good night's sleep.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #1966
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- well tomorrow is Thursday! It sounds like the girls have your trip planned. I was at the Omaha Zoo in 2007. it was fun! I am so very happy for your daughter. WOW! She has great coworkers. When I read what they are doing for her I got goose bumps.

One of my coworkers told me I was working too slow today. I almost lost it! I am not going to kill myself so that he can get done early!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #1967
Glitter Guru

Joanne, thanks for asking - my DH's brother continues to amaze me. I can see how having the negative attitude and not having a close relationship with anyone can hurt someone so badly. Today, I mailed out his rent payment to the landlord and he says that he is fine on food - but I have no idea I would think he would need another food run with someone. But he is so stubborn, DH has to tell him that we need to get him to the doctor for the medication and for that food run and documentation so that we don't lose the disability $$ to pay his bills. But he just keeps on hanging up on DH, he wouldn't even have the phone on if it was not for DH. But that's why I feel bad for him he lived his life so hurt from childhood and never tried to really recover from it. I will admit I dragged DH to counseling and I am convinced that it has made a difference but DH has a very short attention span right now - he is taking the paxil and it helps but he is still feeling overwhelmed. I am so thankful for all that God has given to me and I wish I could hand over my faith to them to see what it's like to have God pull you out and spending that quality time. I struggle too but just can't imagine my life without God. Seriously, I don't know how people do it. DH at least understands more than his brother but some days it frustrates me because they are so thick headed.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #1968
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele - I know what you mean. My brother is thick-headed as is my daughter. I just read something more about Asperger's and I really think that is what my daughter has. I sent the link to my mom, SIL and friend who knows all of this so well. I want their opinions. But so much of it makes sense. I feel like I'm a bad parent because we haven't been able to figure this out. If this is truly the problem, it would explain a lot.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #1969
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Debbie- well tomorrow is Thursday! It sounds like the girls have your trip planned. I was at the Omaha Zoo in 2007. it was fun! I am so very happy for your daughter. WOW! She has great coworkers. When I read what they are doing for her I got goose bumps.

One of my coworkers told me I was working too slow today. I almost lost it! I am not going to kill myself so that he can get done early!
It really warmed my heart when she told me what her coworkers did for her. You were at the Omaha zoo more recently than me. I'm jealous.

Three days almost done and three more to go. Then I can concentrate on my packing.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #1970
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Joanne, thanks for asking - my DH's brother continues to amaze me. I can see how having the negative attitude and not having a close relationship with anyone can hurt someone so badly. Today, I mailed out his rent payment to the landlord and he says that he is fine on food - but I have no idea I would think he would need another food run with someone. But he is so stubborn, DH has to tell him that we need to get him to the doctor for the medication and for that food run and documentation so that we don't lose the disability $$ to pay his bills. But he just keeps on hanging up on DH, he wouldn't even have the phone on if it was not for DH. But that's why I feel bad for him he lived his life so hurt from childhood and never tried to really recover from it. I will admit I dragged DH to counseling and I am convinced that it has made a difference but DH has a very short attention span right now - he is taking the paxil and it helps but he is still feeling overwhelmed. I am so thankful for all that God has given to me and I wish I could hand over my faith to them to see what it's like to have God pull you out and spending that quality time. I struggle too but just can't imagine my life without God. Seriously, I don't know how people do it. DH at least understands more than his brother but some days it frustrates me because they are so thick headed.
Just remember you can't change your BIL. The change has to come within himself. I know it's pretty frustrating.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #1971
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Michele - I know what you mean. My brother is thick-headed as is my daughter. I just read something more about Asperger's and I really think that is what my daughter has. I sent the link to my mom, SIL and friend who knows all of this so well. I want their opinions. But so much of it makes sense. I feel like I'm a bad parent because we haven't been able to figure this out. If this is truly the problem, it would explain a lot.
DS's GF claima she has Asperger's and I kind of believe her. I spent one summer reading with a kid who has Asperger's. It was a challenge some days but we did have fun. He moved to Canada with his mother and siblings but whenever they come to town to see Dad, they stop in to see me. He has come a long way.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #1972
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne- You are NOT a bad mom. It is hard to diagnose someone who is very close to you! I didn't realize that DH was suffering from PTSD until about 10 yrs ago. I have known him for 38 yrs. I just didn't know.
Michele- Praying for you and DH and BIL. Until your BIL can see that he needs help you can't do anything for him but pray! He is so very fortunate to have you guys.
Debbie- Half way through the week. Wahoo! I had a hard time working 46 hrs last week!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #1973
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Joan, it's ONLY Wednesday tomorrow? Darn. It seems like it should be Friday. Call me a wimp, but I'm not used to working full time hours. Tomorrow should be interesting. It's story time day; one in the morning and another one in the afternoon. We really could one more person tomorrow. Oh, well. I will survive.

Talked to DD tonight. All of her coworkers pitched in and bought her some books to read while she's recuperating from surgery. And they all added gift certificates good for a meal anytime she wanted. They put their phone numbers on each slip of paper. Another one of her friends said she and her mom are going to make a couple of casseroles, one to eat right away and another one to freeze for later. She is totally overwhelmed by it all. Bailey is starting a list of things I'm going to buy her when I get there. She also has some of my days planned. She's going to stay home from school Wednedsay so we can go to the cupcake shop where Sheri works. Then we have to go to the barn and see the baby Clydesdale. I'm also going to take her to the children's zoo while I'm there. I guess my Saturday is planned. I hope it's a nice day. It'll be fun to take the girls to the zoo. I'm glad it's a small one. I'd really like to have the time to go to the zoo in Omaha. I haven't been to that one in a very long time and they've made a lot of changes. Next trip to NE.

Good night. Hope everyone gets (or got) a good night's sleep.

You are no wimp but can well understand about getting up to work even though it has been a very long time since having to do it. Enjoy the cupcake shop and the children's zoo!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #1974
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post

((((((((HUGS))))))))
Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #1975
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post

Sweetie you are NOT a bad parent, you have done and continue to do the best you can. My heart hurts for you and your daughter. Life can be more than challenging. It is especially hard to watch our love ones act out and feel so helpless to make it better for them.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #1976
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, some things are hard to diagnose. I think Asperger's is one of the hardest things to diagnose.

I may not have to work Saturday. WooHoo! The boss thinks the kid she's been taking care of all week will be going back home early Saturday morning. The little girl lives 250 miles from here. I won't complain if I get it off. So that might mean in two days I will be on vacation and will have an extra day to get my stuff together. I promise, I will remember to pack some clothes.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #1977
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I am picturing you forgetting your clothes.LOL It would be nice to have Saturday off. Don't get your hopes up. It will be better if it is a surprise.

Caterina- You are so wise!

Hi to all my friends....
Old 05-03-2012, 05:33 AM   #1978
Glitter Guru

Joanne, I agree with everyone - your not a bad mom at all and some of these things are so very hard to diagnose! Hugs and prayers for you and your family!

Joan, don't listen to the others about how fast they think your working you do more than all of them! Your the trustworthy one and the one they give all the extra work too.

Debbie your gonna have such a great trip with the grandkids and I am sure your DD is grateful for you coming out and so very sweet of how your DD's co-workers are helping it is always a nice feeling when you get that needed outside help. Praise God!

Cat- how is Reynold doing? Hope you are both doing well.

Well DD - she is having company tonight her friend is coming over and I love when her friend comes over cause she will really clean!! She borrowed my mom's steam cleaner and did all the rugs upstairs including my room - oh it was so nice. So I in turn did some extra stuff that were her regular chores. But the house is almost all clean - I love it!! Just need to have DH do some of his stuff and finish cleaning the craft room and it will be like a normal house again!

Hope everyone has an extremely blessed Thursday!!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #1979
Stazon Splitcoast

Please pray for Sheri today. She goes into surgery around noon Central time. It's a good thing I have to work all day or I'll be going nuts until someone calls me. Thanks for being here for me.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #1980
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Please pray for Sheri today. She goes into surgery around noon Central time. It's a good thing I have to work all day or I'll be going nuts until someone calls me. Thanks for being here for me.

Asking, trusting and believing the Lord will keep Sheri in His powerful protective hands during and after surgery as He gives great wisdom to all the medical staff. May God surround you with His comfort and peace as you wait for that call. Sending much love and hugs.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #1981
Glitter Guru

Praying for Sheri - asking God to take care of her and praying for wisdom for the doctors. Prayers for peace for all of you. HUGS
Old 05-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #1982
Stazon Splitcoast

I am praying for a quick and complete recovery for Sheri!

Ladies- thanks for all the positive words. I take everything to heart., So it hurts!
Old 05-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #1983
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
I am praying for a quick and complete recovery for Sheri!

Ladies- thanks for all the positive words. I take everything to heart., So it hurts!
Joan, you are a normal person with normal feelings - everything will be alright in the end so just keep hanging in there.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #1984
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I just checked in here today. Hoping and praying all went well for Sheri.

Michele's BIL and Marie BOTH need to recognize they need help. Bill seems to think M would go to a psychiatrist to get a diagnosis. Whether or not anything else would come from that, I don't know. Marie is 21 today. My goodness!

Debbie - he would kill me if he knew I'm sharing this, but one year Bill forgot to pack underwear when we went to the beach for a week. Thankfully, WalMart was nearby
Old 05-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #1985
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all your prayers. It was a very long afternoon when I didn't have any word from anyone. Around 5 pm I was ready to lose it. I almost started crying when my cell phone rang. I tried Sheri's cell phone a few minutes before that and got her voice mail. She called back to tell me she had been out of surgery for a couple of hours. One of her friends was supposed to call me but didn't. Sheri said everything went as planned as she's fine but in some pain. She was still in recovery when she called. It sounded like they were going to wait until morning to move her to a regular room. Her ex-MIL showed up in her room. She told the nurses she was family. Sheri told her she wasn't receiving company or phone calls and if she wanted to talk to x-MIL she would call her. Of course, Sheri would never call her. After she left, Sheri asked to be moved to a different room and if that woman came back she was not allowed in the room because she is not family. So they moved her into a different recovery room. Sheri and the ex-MIL didn't get along when Sheri was married to Bailey's dad. MIL could stand for monster-in-law. The woman is crazy. Even Bailey thought that from the time she could talk. Anywya, I feel so much better after talking to Sheri. I hope to talk to her sometime tomorrow to find out more of what her doctor had to say. When she called, she was eating real food.... her words, not mine. Again, thanks so much for your support. Now I can't wait until Tuesday night when I'll see my girls. I still don't know if I get out of working on Saturday. My boss wasn't 100% sure yet.

Our library foundation board met tonight to discuss the interviews with the director candidates. Who knows, we might have word soon. So many people keep asking us who the director is, but we don't even know.

It's time to get my pj's on and curl up with my book. If any of you are fans of Nora Roberts, you have to read her latest "The Witness". Good night.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #1986
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy news! I am officially on vacation. Don't have to work today. Sheri's going home today.

Not so happy news I got a call from Child Services last night. They're looking for a home for DS's GF's oldest boy. The youngest is with his great-aunt. DS and GF are in jail. We don't all the details, just that they are being held for possession of drug paraphenalia and drugs. I had to say no to Donaven staying here since I really don't have the room and I'm leaving town. It broke my heart, too. And none of my family know him well enough to take him in. My BIL's MIL is in the hospital across the state and his wife's not home and he's leaving town, too. Otherwise they'd give him a room. I did ask that they try not to place him with any of Dawn's family since they're all addicts, too. The lady said she knew that and was trying to keep him from them. I had a hard time sleeping last night and it wasn't worry about my son. I worried about the boys and the animals. I hope Donaven doesn't think I'm deserting him. That would really break my heart.

I figured this is part of an answer to my prayers for Nate. He has to stay in jail until he sees the judge Monday. I'm not paying bail, but I wouldn't be surprised if his boss does. He doesn't want to be without a cook and the family think a lot of Nate. They have the money for bail and I don't. Do I feel guilty leaving town when my son could use my moral support right now? NO!

I guess I better get busy if I'm going to accomplish everything I want to do before I leave Tuesday. I'll get most of it done, anyway.

Have a good weekend.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #1987
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Happy news! I am officially on vacation. Don't have to work today. Sheri's going home today.

Not so happy news I got a call from Child Services last night. They're looking for a home for DS's GF's oldest boy. The youngest is with his great-aunt. DS and GF are in jail. We don't all the details, just that they are being held for possession of drug paraphenalia and drugs. I had to say no to Donaven staying here since I really don't have the room and I'm leaving town. It broke my heart, too. And none of my family know him well enough to take him in. My BIL's MIL is in the hospital across the state and his wife's not home and he's leaving town, too. Otherwise they'd give him a room. I did ask that they try not to place him with any of Dawn's family since they're all addicts, too. The lady said she knew that and was trying to keep him from them. I had a hard time sleeping last night and it wasn't worry about my son. I worried about the boys and the animals. I hope Donaven doesn't think I'm deserting him. That would really break my heart.

I figured this is part of an answer to my prayers for Nate. He has to stay in jail until he sees the judge Monday. I'm not paying bail, but I wouldn't be surprised if his boss does. He doesn't want to be without a cook and the family think a lot of Nate. They have the money for bail and I don't. Do I feel guilty leaving town when my son could use my moral support right now? NO!

I guess I better get busy if I'm going to accomplish everything I want to do before I leave Tuesday. I'll get most of it done, anyway.

Have a good weekend.

Oh sweetie my heart truly breaks for you and for Donaven. Such a terribly sad situation that is a heavy burden on the heart. May God intervene as only He can and protect this boy from any and all harm.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #1988
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks so much, Cat. I just feel like I'm abandoning him. It makes me sick to my stomach. I should have said to bring him last night and look for another home by Monday. I'm so mad at Nate and Dawn for putting these boys through this.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #1989
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Thanks so much, Cat. I just feel like I'm abandoning him. It makes me sick to my stomach. I should have said to bring him last night and look for another home by Monday. I'm so mad at Nate and Dawn for putting these boys through this.

Can well understand, sending much love, hugs and prayers.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #1990
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi friends!

Debbie - glad to know Sheri is doing so well. I am sure you can't wait to get there. So sorry to hear about the situation with Donovan. You are in a difficult position at the moment. Will be praying for the entire situation.

I'm in a bit of a funk today myself. Don't know why. Just feeling down and blue. Worried about my daughter but also our family in general BECAUSE of my daughter. Hubby and I have a wedding to attend tonight. Bill works with the father of the bride. I'm not looking forward to it and really would rather not go. I just want to curl up in bed.

Thanks for always listening and just being there. You ladies are all special!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #1991
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, I hope you're feeling much better.

Sheri went home early this morning. Usually, you have to wait around all day for your doctor to come in and sign the release papers; not hers. He was in already in the hospital for a delivery so went to see her at 5:30 am and signed release papers. She has to wait around until she could call someone to take her home. She is happy to be home and in her own bed. The dog and cat are happy, too. When they checked her white blood count this morning it was 100% ok. That is the best news of all.

Even though I was up early this morning, I haven't been able to get much done around here. The laundry is almost done. Of course, I spent an hour on the phone with Sheri. I think I'll let the rest of the house go and make a bunch of thank you cards for Sheri's wonderful friends. She wants to give them homemade cards. I gave her a bunch of stamps and ink a couple years ago, but she has no idea which box they might be in. They weren't a priority to unpack.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #1992
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne- I am hoping the wedding reception helped your spirits.

Debbie- How sad for the boys. Maybe this will be a wake up for your DS. Why do (so called) adults put kids in this position? I am praying for them. I am so very happy that Sheri is doing well. I know that they are all looking forward to your visit. You are a good mom! Take care of yourself.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #1993
Stazon Splitcoast

I am still very angry with my son and his GF. So angry that I don't want to go to the detention center to talk to him. I may call there to see when he sees the judge. If it's tomorrow, I may go just to find out what is going to happen to him. I'm pretty sure the GF will have to do some time since she broke probation. I did "talk" to Donoven on fb last night. He's ok and living with an aunt.... I'm thinking this would be mom's aunt. He was babysitting for his cousin. I feel a whole lot better. I'm thinking he would have preferred coming here since we were the first ones called. I did tell him I'll listen if he wants to talk. He can email me or call me while I'm gone.

I sure do hope our farmers are happy. We've been getting more rain. It was raining pretty good last night when Vince let the dogs out. I was in bed reading when Lexi jumped on the bed to let me know how wet she was. And she was wet. It's a good day for stamping.

Have a great day! Love my friends.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #1994
Stazon Splitcoast

debbie- I am sure you feel better after talking with Donoven. I don't know what I would do if I was in your position. Your ds needs to learn from this experience. I will pray for all of them.
We are getting tons of rain too! it has rained everyday for the past week. It looks like we are going to get more this week. I think the weather is trying to make up for the lack of snow.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #1995
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello dear friends~

The wedding was nice enough. I just didn't know anyone there. Another coworker was there with his wife, so Bill and I sat with them. We didn't stay late - we were an hour's drive away anyway.

Marie was still in a mood when we got home. I think part of the problem is that she did just turn 21 and she is scared. Unfortunately, when M is scared, it comes out in anger. Very hard to sympathize with someone who is angry.

It is another gray gloomy day here, no real rain. I need some sunshine. I think that would help me a lot. We do have an open house to go to this afternoon - friends of ours (twin girls!) just bought their first house. I know we won't stay too long because Julie has a paper to finish and she needs to study for her History final. That is the one we are most concerned with. I'm hoping and praying she gets a good grade. She gets very, very nervous about tests of any kind.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #1996
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, I do feel better about Donoven. I still feel a little guilty about not taking him in.

Joanne, I'm glad you went to the wedding and there was at least one other coworker who went. It's not fun if you don't know someone.

I'm not making any headway in the cardmaking department today. It's a good thing I made a bunch of cards a few months ago that I planned on giving Sheri. I wish I knew how many cards she's going to need. I tried to take part in a blog hop challenge, but only made one card. Guess I'm looking in all the wrong places for inspiration.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #1997
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Joan, I do feel better about Donoven. I still feel a little guilty about not taking him in.

Joanne, I'm glad you went to the wedding and there was at least one other coworker who went. It's not fun if you don't know someone.

I'm not making any headway in the cardmaking department today. It's a good thing I made a bunch of cards a few months ago that I planned on giving Sheri. I wish I knew how many cards she's going to need. I tried to take part in a blog hop challenge, but only made one card. Guess I'm looking in all the wrong places for inspiration.

Please don't allow guilt to take hold even though it is not easy. Just keep letter Donovan know you are there, love him and keep communication open.

Btw, if you find inspiration, let me know... mine has been low for a long time on the card making ... forget the scrapbooking.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #1998
Stazon Splitcoast

Cat, thanks for the support. I don't feel as guilty as I did earlier today. I know he's not in a foster home and not able to communicate with me. Unfortunately, it's not the first time the boys have been dumped on someone else. The past few years are the longest the boys were with their mother.

I do have a couple ideas for more cards. Now I just can't seem to get desire to make them. Instead, I packed for my trip. Just have a few last minute things to throw in and I'm all set. I'll probably get the urge to make cards while I'm at Sheri's and won't have anything to work with.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #1999
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbiie- "Guilt is the gift that keeps giving" was one of my mom's mantras. you are doing your best.

Have a good week everyone. Tomorrow will be a trying day. I already know that for sure.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #2000
Glitter Guru

Hi girls, Debbie - sounds like Donoven is with family and right now it would be too much for you and your not home either. These things are so hard I know but you can only do what you can do. . . Don't stress yourself unfortunately your DS and GF made these problems themselves. . . I hear you about not bailing him out, my parents didn't bail out my brother once too because they said he had to pay the piper for what he did and had to be responsible and his was drug related too. . . Many hugs to you I am so sorry you have all of this coming at once. I can relate to the flood of stuff all at once. Prayers for your DD and her kids and you - prayers for speedy recovery!

Joanne, sometimes, it's good to get out even when we are initially not in the mood - was so glad to be away for the weekend, of course I went to the Jersey shore it was great cause not hot and my sister's house is beautiful was nice to have no responsibilities and home for 4 hours and wish I could turn around and go back for a week by myself!! Uggghh DD can frustrate me so much she had a great weekend herself but the world revolves around her! Her and DH woke me both up each morning early by 9 or so but keep in mind the girls were up until 2:30 or so each night so went to sleep so late . . . Last night was best night sleep I have had in a long time, I think we all can use quiet alone time. . .. I am down and out tonight I hate the drama and sometimes it's so very hard. . .

Hugs to all my friends, hugs!!