Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #161
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Michele, doing better, thanks for asking. Still having problems with side effects of meds so the doctors keep doing the 'trial and error' method. Because of my immune system and multi-health problems, it is very difficult for them to get something that works without messing something else. Must say God continues to teach me things throughout the process and am grateful for His grace.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #162
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe. Spring isn't too far away. I keep telling myself that. If I say it enough I just might start to believe it.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:09 AM   #163
Gabfest Goddess

Cat your welcome, I think of you often!

Gramma, I hear you on the Spring thought! I just dream about it and I do love the cold just not all this snow and all the inconvenience that goes with it!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #164
Stazon Splitcoast

Michelle, are you nuts? You like this cold? Obviously you haven't been as cold as we've been. It's not too bad if it's not continous, but when 0° is warm you know it's been too cold for too long.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #165
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Groundhog's Day! No shadow so Spring is supposed to be early.... of course, with this weather, how in the world would he be able to see a shadow!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #166
Crimping Master

Hello Ladies,

Do you remember me??? Yup it's been a while. Life has been too busy and I am in hopes that the ride has come to a slow. Had drama over the holidays with my INSANE SIL but made it threw that,it was touch and go and I would still like to choke the life from her EVIL body,...but I am choosing restraint.
My aunt passed away last friday,we were quite close. She has been sick for some time but it makes me feel bad as she was not the last of that generation but she has been so ill,had been in the hosp over the holiday and on hospice after. I will really miss her, but am glad it's over for her and she is in a better place. So the funeral was yesterday and today I slept in as I had little sleep the last few but all the work is done but the thank yous,...will work on those this week and I will be done. She was a nun and lived 2 hours away, I went a lot and often took the boys. It will seem odd not to go, the other nuns hope I visit and I think I will as I have quite a few that I am really fond of. She died on Friday am and I worked the weekend but did take off today and tomorrow,so I don't have to work untill next Wed. I should be a normal person by then.
Am working on that wonderful laundry,...think the laundry fairy has left me forever! SIGH!!! Am going to do pancakes and bacon for supper,am doing the bills and general pick up in the dizaster zone here. Should be back to normal by tonight I hope.
Want to get some stamp time in too am still doing my stamp classes and loving that. Have been doing a lot of volunteering lately as oldest DS needs hours for confirmation, so we do a lot together. It has been over all a good experiance. He is confirmed in April at the Cathedral in St Paul, so that will be really nice,...another step. He also passed his drivers test,just the written part,got a drivers card,...WOW! Makes me feel old. School continues to be a real PAIN!!! But I wish I did not harp on them so much about the importance of their grades. Not as much as they do I'm sure,...but I just don't think they get it. I remember being in school and HATING it,not a good student,and no interest in being one either,...and I guess I turned out ok. What to do.
HOLY CROW,... did not mean to ramble,...wil read back,glad your all still here! Have been thinking of you often. Sent NO cards at Christmas,...a first for me,...must do better. Will be back soon!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #167
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbie!!!!! Good to see you. So sorry about the loss of your aunt. It is so difficult losing our loved ones.

Hope everyone is okay with the weather situations. Our schools were on a two-hour delay but everyone around us had off. I decided to keep Julie home as I didn't want to deal with the ice and mess myself. I don't mind the snow - you get traction, but not this ice.

It is warming up and everything is melting. That is creating a lot of fog. We could get up to mid-40s today. That is really quite warm! I worry about all this refreezing again, though.

Hope everyone is warm and safe and content.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #168
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Hello ladies!

Barbi ~ It's so good to hear from you! Sorry about your Aunt, but you're right that she's in a better place. Here's a hug for your heart......{{{{{{♥}}}}}}

Caterina ~ Hope the drs can find the right meds for you. I know it's frustrating waiting to get it right, but you have the right spirit. God will provide.

Well, the blizzard has stopped. Not sure how much snow we got, but it's drifted all over the place. We don't want to clear our drive 'til the plow goes down our road. Luckily we aren't going anywhere. DH's work is closed, but he's still doing some work from home. The winds sure were strong last night, and we could barely see across the road, but the sun is now shining. DH had to dig around the generator this morning. It was almost totally covered with snow. It's supposed to get below zero tomorrow though. Brrrr!

I slept until 11:00 today. Guess I was super sleepy. After I was up for awhile, I felt light headed and weak. I took my blood pressure and it was 133/85 which is high for me. I thought it might be low since I was dizzy. But the machine also showed that I was having an irregular heartbeat. My resting heart rate was only 77 though, so I was proud of that. It used to be in the 80s or 90s. I'll keep an eye on things and see my dr if I keep having these symptoms. It could be my drastically reduced caloric intake. Wouldn't that be cool if the dr told me to eat MORE! LOL I know, I know....not in my wildest dreams.

I burnt the base knuckle on my right index finger yesterday. I'm not sure how, but the only think I can think of was the water at the kitchen sink was super hot. I think that I would've felt it burn, but I didn't notice it until a bit later. Now I have a blister the size of a pea right on my knuckle. That is a spot I used to get shingles on, but I know it's not shingles because it feels and looks totally different. I wonder how long it will take to go away.

Sorry I'm rambling. I just don't have any friends to talk to, and have been feeling so lonely lately. The SIL that lives close to me and used to go to sbux with me all the time is spending a month up in Rochester and won't get back for 2 more weeks.

Well, better cut this off before it's a book. Hope you're all safe and warm!

Hugs,
Sue
Old 02-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #169
Crimping Master

Sue,your new avitar is TOO CUTE!!! Was she not just born yesterday??? How fast they grow. Glad your both in out of the weather. You have the storm we had the other day. Winter,...gotta love it. Be careful with that water,don't pop the blister and dont rub it when you dry your hands and I would think it would re absorb in a matter of days.
Joanne,I'm jelous of the melting,our snow banks are HUGE!!! It is dangerous at some stop signs people can't see out and just pull out with reclous abandon. Glad you stayed home today.
Well,...back to laundry!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #170
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies! Anyone need any snow???? I got plenty!
Old 02-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #171
Pearl-ExPert

Barbi ~ Thanks, but Jordan is a boy. LOL (No offense taken.) He'll be a year old on March 18th. I'll be careful with the blister Mom. Thanks for the tips.

Deb ~ We've got plenty too. DH just finished clearing the drive and sidewalk. He also clears by the mailbox so they can get to it. The plow never gets close enough. Is your DS helping you with the snow removal, or do you have to do it yourself?

Well, I just finished 30 minutes on the elliptical. It felt good to get that done. Haven't done it since last Friday. I'm trying for 3 times a week.

Gotta jump in the shower now.....

Stinky hugs,
Sue
Old 02-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #172
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbi- Wow my fellow Minnesota... I have been thinking about you! Sorry to hear about your Aunt. What order did she belong to? I remember the community service hours for my boys confirmation requirements. I love the cathedral. There will be so many kids being confirmed it will be long. About school, I know that education is very important. But I guess if they attend and don't get into trouble it is good.
Sue- Take care of the blister. Be careful with all the snow.
Deb- I can send snow your way. LOL
Caterina- I pray the docs can find the best way to deal with your illness. Being sick takes so much out of you!

Ladies- My sister and I took my soon to be 100 yr old aunt out. We bought her a red new coat and purse. We took her to Perkins for dessert. The waitress told us the desserts and beverages were on them. The people who live in the high rise are planning a huge birthday party for her. The press have been invited. A few businesses have donated food for her party. Tomorrow she is going to city hall. They are proclaiming a day in her honor. She looked at me and said... "why are people fussing over me. I don't like all the attention." I just think it is so great!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #173
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Barbi! So sorry about your aunt and all your other drama over the holidays. Your SIL sounds like she could be my oldest sister.

Deb, you can keep your snow. I don't know where we would put more.

Sue, sounds like your blood sugar may have been low. Sleeping until 11 was the same as fasting. Hope you're feeling better now.

Joan, that's funny about your aunt. There's a gentleman in a town 100 miles from us who is the oldest living person right now. When the person who was older than him died a couple years ago, he couldn't understand all the attention either. He had all sorts of media wanting to interview him, and he made them make an appointment and told them he had things to do and couldn't give them more than a few minutes of his time. And he stuck to it, too.

We had a heat wave today. The temps reached the high 20's. It felt real good, until the wind came up. One good thing I do have to say about the extreme cold is we have a lot less sick people. The cold kills those nasty little viruses.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #174
Stazon Splitcoast

The temps are dropping quickly. I love the cold. But you can keep the snow! We had a beautiful sunny cold winter day. The sky was the bluest blue.
Take care of yourselves. Stay warm and safe.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #175
Crimping Master

Sue,sorry,I knew he was a boy,after I read your note,...but he is so cute!!! Thanks for the lack of offence. Look at him,...you just want to smoogie up those cheeks!!! They grow up too quick! I am amazed!!!
Deb am passing also on the snow,I hear we are going to have a heat wave,20 today poss 30 over the weekend,...but the cold will return!
Joan,who is your avitar? My aunt was a School Sister of Notre Dame,she taught in town at St Agnes years ago,Iowa a few places,sothern Mn as well as Lingfield England,her last teaching was at Cretin Derham,...she taught Joe Mauer,...she was there 18 years. The boys go and don't get into trouble so you are right,...I wish I could change it,...Poss that is what I should give up for lent? Or get some good meds???
Debbie,the cold does kill the bugs I think,we have a stomach bug at work right now,hopefully it will be gone next week when I go back.
Washer is going again,gave the schnauzer a bath and ran a ton of erands this am,soup and sandwich tonight,beef stew tomorrow. Have a good night.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #176
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbi- I thought she might be a Notre dame sister. I taught for 14 yrs with Notre Dame sisters. I always have tried to do something positive for lent rather than giving anything up. The Avatar is MOI! It is a picture cropped from my son's wedding it was a hot July day and the wedding was outdoors.
Take care all my friends!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #177
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbi, I was going to mention earlier something my mother told all of us kids about school. Our grades aren't hurting anyone but ourselves so it was up to us. She dropped out of school to marry my dad. She wanted us to do good in school and left it up to us. I hated most of the subjects we had to take and I just squeaked by, but worked harder at the ones that interested me the most.

We had a heat wave hit here. Almost reached 40. Don't know how long it'll last.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #178
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies!!! Our snow is melting, but slowly - which is a good thing. Don't worry there is still plenty of snow. We have to be careful coming around corners and in parking lots, too. I know it isn't as bad as many, but I've had to hit the brakes a few times too many - thank you!

We went out for dinner tonight. A Chinese buffet. It wasn't as good as I usually think it is, BUT they had snap peas with carrots and onion that were out of this world tasty and the broccoli in the chicken and broccoli was done to perfection! I did load up on veggies, but ate some (bad for m) fried things, too.

I hope everyone stays warm. This does seem to be a brutal winter all the way around!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #179
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne- I love Chinese buffets. I try not to go very often. There is one near my house where the owner tells me about items made with MSG.
Take care everyone!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:00 AM   #180
Crimping Master

Have the beef stew started,need a shower and to make the bed. Going to a GF's house tonight to stamp,...need to get motivated and get my projects moving for my next class.
HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #181
Gabfest Goddess

Happy Friday!

Barbi, you have been through a very busy period - thinking of you!

I want to stamp too! I cheated I bought some "kits" where people make their own kit and sell on ebay. I couldn't believe I broke down but I did! But this way it will be all cut and ready and then I just have to assemble. HA, what a silly person I can be! I have to re-build my "stash"

Joan, I love Chinese in general and have been trying to stay away too!

Joanne, snow melting is a beautiful thing, isn't it??!!! I just love that. Today it was almost warm or felt like it a balmy 37 degrees!

Gramma, I am gonna use the school line on my daughter! Especially when we met one of her teachers out and about and she looked at me and told me how bright she is when she focuses it's amazing. It was great to see her like a teacher so much too! Some are just such gifts!

Deb, I don't want anyone's snow not even my own! LOL - I am ready for some sunshine!

To all I have missed hello and hugs! I hope everyone has a super great day today and a wonderful weekend!

Michele
Old 02-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #182
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls ~ prayer request for you:

My mom just called and my dad fell on ice on their deck and has broken his hip. Dad is 87 and I worry! They are a strong, hearty bunch on my dad's side of the family, but I am still worried. He has had heart surgeries and has slowed down a lot in the last few years. Mom said not to come (they are about 2 1/2 hrs away).
Old 02-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #183
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post

My mom just called and my dad fell on ice on their deck and has broken his hip. Dad is 87 and I worry! They are a strong, hearty bunch on my dad's side of the family, but I am still worried. He has had heart surgeries and has slowed down a lot in the last few years. Mom said not to come (they are about 2 1/2 hrs away).

Joanne, as hard as it is please don't worry - sending much love, hugs and prayers.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #184
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, hugs and prayers.

We have a stream going down our driveway. Had another real warm day; close to 50°. Our snow is melting like crazy, but there's still lots of it. Supposed to be getting cold weather again next week.

I only get one day off this weekend instead of my usual 3. I'm going to like my next pay check. Have to do my taxes before I can do any stamping. If I get them done tonight, I can get stuff together tomorrow morning, and stamp tomorrow night and all day Sunday. We'll see if the plan comes together. I'm sure something or someone will mess them up.

Have a good weekend!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #185
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - good luck with the taxes. Such an annoyance!!!!

I think the only reason we haven't had water issues in our basement is because our driveway goes into the back yard and downhill. It all drains behind the detached garage.

I'm trying not to worry about my dad. But he is 87. My brother just called and he is going to go to the house or hospital tonight. My brother only lives about an hour away. I'm 2 1/2.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #186
Gabfest Goddess

Joanne, which hospital is he going to or is he in?

MG
Old 02-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #187
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele - he's at Nyack Hospital. My brother is on his way (from CT). I'll hear more later tonight.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #188
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Talked to my mom, my brother and my cousin tonight! Sounds like things are pretty good. The doctor asked if Dad had a four-leaf clover in his pocket because he was lucky. It was a "good break". He'll need three screws but should recover completely. My brother is staying through tomorrow. He'll call when he knows more. I'm feeling much more relieved now that I know more. My cousin said my uncle fell today AND her husband fell and slid down their front lawn several yards. It is awful out. Tomorrow is not supposed to be very nice farther north of here. We need winter to be done.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #189
Stazon Splitcoast

oh Joanne- I am sooooo sorry. Praying for your parents. Mom must be beside herself. Hugs and more hugs heading your way!
Debbie- Hope you get your taxes finished. I haven't even thought about them yet!
Caterina- How are you feeling?

Every one take care!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #190
Crimping Master

Joanne,will pray for all of you,...
Old 02-05-2011, 05:23 AM   #191
Stazon Splitcoast

I had an awful night. It was so full of nightmares about work, I feel like I never slept!

Joanne- Praying dad is doing well!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #192
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post

I AM SO SORRY JOR....BE THERE DONE THAT....THIS HAPPENED TO MY DAD AWHILE BACK, AND HE HAS BLOOD PRESSURE AND ANGINA PROBLEMS TOO...KEEP THE FAITH, EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE...WE WERE WITH DAD FOR 4 OR 5 DAYS BEFORE THE SURGERY..(THEY COULD NOT STABELIZE (SP)HIM. I WILL KEEP HIM IN MY PRAYERS....

GOOD BLESS
LINDA
Old 02-05-2011, 05:47 AM   #193
Gabfest Goddess

Joanne, sending up some prayers and Nyack is a really good hospital! I am sorry that people are getting hurt too with all this ice, the ice does make me be so cautious! Hugs to you!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:49 AM   #194
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
I had an awful night. It was so full of nightmares about work, I feel like I never slept!

Joanne- Praying dad is doing well!
So sorry Joan the nightmares stink! I am cranky DD had a friend over and DD was so loud for HOURS! At 2, I asked her to go to her room and watch tv in there and not living room I was then up from 2 - 5
Old 02-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #195
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, how's your dad doing today? Keeping the family in my prayers.

Joan, sorry about the nightmares.

Didn't get my taxes done last night. Couldn't get into the program I use. Guess I'll have to wait until after work on Monday and go into the credit union to do them. Oh well. I prefer using the software we use for VITA because it takes care of the state at the same time. I know, I'm spoiled.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #196
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning ladies!

Joanne ~ Still praying for your dad. Glad things are looking better.

Joan ~ I've been "dreaming" about where I used to work. Sorry about your nightmares. I know what it's like to be so active in your dreams that you feel you didn't sleep at all. Hope tonight is better.

Gramma ~ I'm spoiled to. DH gets TurboTax for free through his work, and he does all the tax stuff.

Well, I "checked in" this morning and in the past three weeks I've lost 10 pounds, 2" off my hips, and 3" off my waist! I'm 20% toward my goal of 50 lbs. I can hardly believe it's happening. Hope I can keep it up.

DH and I are going to see a production of Grease tonight in Peoria. That should be fun.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Sue
Old 02-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #197
Crimping Master

Joanne,How is your Dad?

Joan,Those knida nights are awful! Hang low today if you can.

Michele,what's on your plan for the weekend?

Debbie,saw a thing on the local news last night that a bunch of the tax laws are not uploaded onto all the web sites yet so I'm waiting until the end of the month. I think it's just local tho. I always think I feel better when it's done.

Sue,CONGRATS!!! What are you doing? Are you back on your eliptical machine?

Feel like a normal person today finally,went to my GF's last night and it was so fun,...today it's off to stamp. Did call and ask for someone to come out and look at the thermostat,...it has been 63 in the house the last few am's and I have fooled with the thermostat and can not figure it out. NO MANUAL!!! I have manuals for EVERYTHING!!! I even pitched a few,but nothing for this thermostat. We had it put in,but they did not replace it when they put in the new furnace as it wasn't that old. Oh well,thank goodness for maintenance plus!!! Love those guys. They came out after Christmas for the dryer that I think is on life support. But fixed it,...pencil and 2 paper clips in the fan in the back,... ohhhhhh my. And MANY items underneath,...those things you wonder about but not enough to look under there.

Well,have a good day all!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #198
Pearl-ExPert

Barbi ~ I'm using a free app on my phone which is also synced with a website called myfitnesspal.com. I entered my goals, etc. and it gives me how many calories I should have each day (more if I exercise). It also tracks all my calories for me and breaks it down into fat, protein, sugars, etc. I can scan a UPC code to enter a food, or type it in and it will find it from its huge database. It has helped me be more aware and accountable of what I'm eating. Really, it's just helping me change my lifestyle regarding food and exercise. DH is doing it too. When I told him you could scan UPC codes he was hooked on the techie aspect. We have android operating systems on our phones. I'm not sure about other phones, but you can certainly check out their website. I can't believe how much it has helped me. Oh, and yes I'm using my elliptical for 30 minutes three times a week.

Hugs,
Sue
Old 02-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #199
Crimping Master

Sue,...WOW,...I am so not a tech person,...my cell phone is a fosil,...offered for DS to use it when his was broken and he told me he would rather not, he would be embarrassed. It works,...I can talk,don't get aps,...but the amazing things that you can do,...scan a food item,...WOW,saw on TV some can run a credit card,...amazing!!!

But the heart of the matter,...GOOD FOR YOU!!! DH too!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #200
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiejo View Post
Debbie,saw a thing on the local news last night that a bunch of the tax laws are not uploaded onto all the web sites yet so I'm waiting until the end of the month. I think it's just local tho. I always think I feel better when it's done.
It's not local, Barbi. Some people can file now. The only ones who have to wait are the ones itemizing deductions and using education credits. We're not starting the VITA at the credit union until everyone can file. Makes it less confusing for everyone. I need to get our taxes done as soon as possible because Vince needs to send in a copy of our federal with application to get help with paying for one of his meds. I guess drug companies don't think people need to eat.