Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #1921
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, are you sure you don't want to share this heat? At least we don't get the humidity with it. It's supposed to be back into the high 50s by the end of the week.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #1922
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi friends! I'm sorry I've been MIA again. I caught up on the four or five pages I missed! Lots going on with so many of you. Hope Christine is doing better. I'll find Sue on facebook and see if I have her current address.

Hubby and I were on a cruise last week! It was wonderful, but had some boat rocking with wind and rough seas. I felt sick our first day out - don't know if it was headache related or from the motion sickness. We cruised the Caribbean - from Tampa to Cozumel and Costa Maya. We expected the gulf to be calm, but it certainly didn't start out that way. We had fun and it was nice just being together and waited on. Girls were okay. My parents were here to do transport. Can't wait for Julie to get her license. Marie probably never will.

I HAVE to be better at getting here! You ladies are wonderful.

Debbie and Joan- thank you for the birthday cards! You two are great about that. I think I'm behind again. I have some made, but need to get them mailed out!
Old 04-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #1923
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne- you are welcome...

Debbie- Yes, I am sure you can keep the heat, It is 72 and that is hot enough for me!
I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
Bill Cosby
Old 04-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #1924
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, you're welcome. I finally remembered to send out some birthday cards this month. The first 3 months of this year I spent making sympathy cards. I haven't had to make one since. Hope it stays that way. Sounds like you had fun on the cruise.

Joan, it's another very hot day here again. We've been breaking records. It hit 89į yesterday. Today's just a tad bit cooler at 80į.

This nice weather is keeping people away from the library. It started out to be a very boring afternoon. Then a lady came in to ask for a big pitcher of water to put out a smoldering cigarette someone threw into a pile of very dry leaves. One of my coworkers got an empty ice cream bucket and drowned it. In the meantime, another woman comes running in telling me I have to call 911 because there's a fire. There were no flames, just smoke. I told her we had it under control. After Shelma drowned the leaves a few times, the other lady came in just having a cow because we didn't call the fire department. She said she called them to ask if calling them was the right thing to do. I'm sure she exaggerated the situation. The way she talked you would have expected flames shooting in the air. She is real good at panicing over every little thing. Unfortunately, her brother is married to my cousin. Needless to say, they stay away from her. That was my excitement for the day.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #1925
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - at least you weren't bored!

Can't sleep. I know I'm a little anxious about my best and probably oldest friend coming tomorrow. She wants to come "celebrate" my 50th birthday (which is actually Sunday) Not anxious because of her, I can't wait to visit. And her 16 y/o daughter is coming - my girls love her and always want a chance to see her. However, she is bringing her two youngest - ages 12 and 9? I think I've got those right. Marie isn't great with younger kids so I'm hoping and praying she is pleasant. Since her period will be over, it might help. Just be thinking of us. I want to enjoy this visit. I don't get to see Sandy very often. Our girls have been spending more time together than Sandy and I!

Her 50th birthday is in June. Hubby and I had the nerve to get married on her 22nd birthday! We had the band sing Happy Birthday and everything. I think she actually liked that we can "share" that day in a special way. Like I said, we've been friends since 6th grade - we go way back!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #1926
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, if I'd known it was going to be your 50th I would have made a different card. Have fun with your friend and her kids. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #1927
Gabfest Goddess

Joanne the cruise sounds like an adventure - I think my sister did that trip too or something very close to it!! I hope you enjoy your time with your friend. And Happy Birthday!!

As for weather it has hit beautiful here a nice 50 degrees with a breeze and we got some rain that we needed. I am not ready for the hot stuff yet we had some and that is good for now.

I am glad it's Wednesday and it was nice my boss got me a balloon with a nice big purple plant - and of course purple my favorite color which she didn't know!! So it's a good day - I will plant at home.

Last edited by redwood17; 04-25-2012 at 11:11 AM..
Old 04-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #1928
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - I haven't really been comfortable saying I'm going to be 50. I have decided I better say it out loud a few times so it sinks in. It isn't really that bad, but I can't believe FIFTY!

Glad your boss appreciated you today. Now that I'm not working, I forget this "holiday". I remember when it was called Secretary's Day! Times - they are a'changin!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #1929
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Debbie - I haven't really been comfortable saying I'm going to be 50. I have decided I better say it out loud a few times so it sinks in. It isn't really that bad, but I can't believe FIFTY!

Glad your boss appreciated you today. Now that I'm not working, I forget this "holiday". I remember when it was called Secretary's Day! Times - they are a'changin!

Joanne sweetie, fifty is nifty and on you, it looks great!!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #1930
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Joanne the cruise sounds like an adventure - I think my sister did that trip too or something very close to it!! I hope you enjoy your time with your friend. And Happy Birthday!!

As for weather it has hit beautiful here a nice 50 degrees with a breeze and we got some rain that we needed. I am not ready for the hot stuff yet we had some and that is good for now.

I am glad it's Wednesday and it was nice my boss got me a balloon with a nice big purple plant - and of course purple my favorite color which she didn't know!! So it's a good day - I will plant at home.
You deserve every bit of it!!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #1931
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Caterina. You are always so sweet!!!

It is a beautiful day! I thought it was still chilly outside, but when I went to get the mail, discovered it is quite lovely!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #1932
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, 50 isn't so bad.

Michele, that was real nice of your boss.

It's another hot day here. It usually doesn't get this warm until mid-June and sometimes not until July. Our story time group celebrated Arbor Day by getting plants from the city Parks and Recreation Dept. I brought home a Mayapple tree. Not sure where we're going to plant it.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #1933
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne- Fifty is another beginning. I wish I would have known it was a special year for you!
debbie- Keep the heat! It has been warm enough for ME!

Michele= That is a great boss to remember you today!
I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
Bill Cosby
Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #1934
Gabfest Goddess

Joanne, I am just a few years behind you and as my siblings say 50 is good! It is another chapter of the beautiful life God created when he made you! ENJOY

Joan - how is DGD and the crew? I hope you are well and know I am thinking about you my friend!

Cat - how are you feeling - well I hope I was praying for the thread this morning, well the people on it!

Debbie, I like the arbor day planting!! I am trying to figure what to do with the backyard I saw some waist high garden fence that I can use to keep Mickey in an area where he can run - but where I can also catch him!

Sue, I hope you are doing well and have you heard anything from Christine?

Well I guess I should get back to work!

Hugs
Old 04-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #1935
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Had a follow up with the surgeon today and everything seems to have healed well. PTL!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #1936
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Had a follow up with the surgeon today and everything seems to have healed well. PTL!
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #1937
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post

That's good news!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #1938
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, the favorite part of my big backyard is that it's all fenced in and there's plenty of room for the dogs to run. That was the biggest selling point when we bought the house. However, if I had known 10 years ago that I would be hooked on stamping, I would have looked for a house with more bedrooms

Christine's been on fb a lot lately. She's going through a big depression. She was happy with the cards everyone sent her. She told me she feels so displaced here since she hasn't been around. I told her she's still a huge part of this group. Hopefully, she'll take me up on my invitation to pop in to say hi.

Vince has supper ready so I better go eat. My stomach is growling.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #1939
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Tell Christine that I miss my fellow Minnesotan.

I agree I need space for all the stamping stuff... oops supplies.
Bill Cosby
Old 04-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #1940
Stazon Splitcoast

I keep telling myself I'm not going to buy any more stuff, er, supplies. However, I fell in love with cards made with the Santa Horses by Impression Obsession so broke down and ordered it. While looking for the stamp, I found a bunch of bg stamps that I want, but didn't order, yet. When I found those, I found the Mega Mount which is used for stamping with large unmounted stamps. I did order that. I placed my order 4 days ago and received the order today. The mega mount is awesome for the bg stamps. Now I have to go make a bunch of Christmas cards with my new stamp. I'm going to make a bunch for Sheri to mail out in December. I wish I had tomorrow off so I can spend the day stamping. Today would have been a good day to spend in my stamping room. It's been raining all day. We're in a winter advisory until tomorrow night. Supposed to get snow tonight and temps dropping to below freezing. Have to turn the heat back on tonight. My work schedule is kind of goofy. I work 5 days this week including tomorrow, have Sunday off, then work full days Mon-Fri then I'm on vacation until the May 16. I'm trying to decide if I want to take my laptop with me when I go to Sheri's. It's a big one, so I'm not sure if I want to lug it around the airports with me. The only internet Sheri has is on her phone anyway, so may just have to check in here using her laptop. That is if I have time to get online. Sheri told the girls that I'm coming to see them so they're excited. I'm not so sure Lyra really remembers me since it's been 2 years since she was here, but she's excited that Grandma is coming and I'm going to come through the back door so she went out to sit and wait for me. Sheri had a fun time trying to get her to understand that I won't be there for 12 more days. Lyra gave up waiting. Can't wait to see them. OK, I'll quit rambling.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #1941
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - little ones are so cute!!! I'm sure you just can't wait to get there to see them!!!!

I wish Christine would come back here! I'm not sure she remembers who I am since I'm a relatively recent addition to this group. And I am not as good about checking in as I want to be!!! I feel for her though!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #1942
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- It is so much fun to spend time with the grand kids.
Joanne- As always happy to see you!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Bill Cosby
Old 04-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #1943
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Depression is such a relentless demon so my heart hurts for Christine and everyone who battles with it. Have been blessed to have two wonderful counselors who by the grace of God helped me through. Also, there is an awesome teaching series from Life Today called Living Free that is well worth watching. We purchased the both video and audio of the series and have shared them with friends -- truly powerful and have watched it several times getting more out of it every time. Recommend it highly.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #1944
Gabfest Goddess

Cat, is this the book?

LIVING FREE BREAKING THE CYCLE OF DEFEAT (COMPANION GUIDE): JAMES ROBISON, ROBERT MORRIS: Amazon.com: Books
Old 04-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #1945
Stazon Splitcoast

Just finished day 6 of work this week. Next week is going to be even busier for me. I get to work full time hours to make up for the time I'll lose when I go to NE. I'm scheduled for only 5 days, but I have a feeling I might have to work next Saturday, too. One of the part timers we hired seems to always have something planned every weekend. She's scheduled to work the next 3 Saturdays and she told me she can't work the first 2. She didn't tell the boss ahead of time. The dilemma we have for next week is that one person is still on vacation next week, another will be out of town for meetings (and I doubt she'll get back to town to work by 11:30 - she has a hard getting to work on time as it is), the boss is babysitting kids all next week, one part timer hasn't been back to work with us since her son's tragic accident in Feb., and the other part timer is already working. That leaves one full timer (she rarely works Saturdays) and myself. So I'll probably end up working. I wouldn't mind if I didn't already finish a 6-day week. I was planning on using the whole weekend to get things ready for my trip. I keep thinking of things I want to get ready to take to the girls. I do have to remember I need to pack essentials, like clothes. I'll find out Monday, I guess.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #1946
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The book is a companion guide with the audio/video and the teaching series is one of the best we have been privileged to watch. Last week on Life Today, they had several people who gave testimony to how the series changed their lives. You can go on Life Today.org and watch excerpt.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #1947
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi dear friends!

I'll have to check out that series, Cat and Michele. Always looking for something to help. My doctor recommended a book (can't think of the title at the moment) and I bought it, but am having trouble getting started reading it. Part of it is the print (and I think I need reading glasses now) and the other is that it seems very factual in the beginning and doesn't draw you in. Know what I mean? I do have to read it though. I also have a book that was recommended a few years ago. I think it was Michele who recommended it! Can't remember that title now either. Old age - gets me every time! LOL

Debbie - I hope that you don't get stuck working next Saturday. I always dread getting ready for a trip. Two days before our cruise I was really getting stressed. It all worked out, I was done ahead of time, but it is just one of those things for me!
Old 04-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #1948
Stazon Splitcoast

When I pack I seem to always pack stuff I don't need. This time I'll be packing stuff I want to give the girls. I need to stop finding stuff or I won't have any room in my suitcase for my clotes, and I refuse to pay for two bags.

We didn't get the snow we were supposed to get, but the mountains got some. It rained for the last couple days, but today the sun is shining. I did a little rearranging in my craft room. I really to stop doing that before I can't find anything. I found some things I didn't realize I had and can't find something I know I have. Must have given it to my sister.

Lyra got to pet a new Clydesdale baby this morning. When the foal is on his feet, they look eye to eye. Lyra thought that was so fun. Unfortunately, before Sheri could get a picture of them nose to nose, the mother got in the way. It's a good thing the mother is so used to Lyra walking underneath and around her.

Lyra quit waiting for me at the back door. Now whenever Sheri mentions something she needs to get, Lyra tells her not to worry. Grandma's coming and she'll buy it. I guess I'm going to buy a new vacuum cleaner (I did tell Sheri I would), the groceries (which I will help with) and a new bed for her (probably not going to happen unless I win the lottery). She has all my money spent before I get there. Only 8 more days.

Time to get back to work. My to-do list keeps getting longer.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #1949
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- This will be a very long week for you! I guess you'll need to work Saturday to buy Lyra all the things she needs. LOL
My back is sorer now than this morning. That is because I got to watch DGD for a few hrs this afternoon. She really likes me to pick her up and hold her. How could I refuse that beautiful little face. I am hoping I get a good nights rest.
Hi to everyone else!
Bill Cosby
Old 04-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #1950
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, hope you got some sleep last night.

Hope everyone has a good week. It's going to be a long one for me. You're right, Joan, I may need that extra day on Saturday, but unfortunately all these extra hours go on my next pay day which is the day I come home. Good thing I have my tax refund in the bank.

Remember me telling you about the neighbor who called the cops because my dogs were loose? Vince talked to her the other day and she apologized. They took her by surprise when they wandered into her yard and she was outside with her kids. She and the kids met Timber and Lexi so she's not so intimidated by him anymore. Timber showed her lots of loves. She said if the dogs got out again she'd just take them home. We never leave the dogs outside when we're gone. I don't want them driving the neighbors nuts if they bark the whole time and I always worry they'd get loose. We found out why the neighbor's dog gets loose. They have one of those electronic fences and the dog found that if she runs fast enough she can get through the fence with only a quick little jolt. The neighbor told Vince that she caught her neighbor across the street (the same jerk who we had the incident with last year) throwing chunks of meat into the street luring her dog out so he could call the cops. And if that doesn't work, he beats his garbage dumpster with a stick to get the dog riled up. Since then, Vince heard a weird pounding noise so he went to investigate and sure enough the jerk is out there beating on the dumpster. That guy needs to be put away in a rubber room. No one would miss him if he would move somewhere else to spend the rest of his retirement.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #1951
Gabfest Goddess

Debbie, sounds like you will have a good trip - prayers for you and your family. Also sounds like DGD has great confidence in you, which is always nice cause Grandma's rule!! I am so glad the neighbor got to meet them and glad she apologized that's nice sometimes it is just a communication thing. Happy about that!

Joan, DGD's face is way too cute no one could turn that down! So glad you got to spend time with her.

Cat, I think I am going to see if I can get that series I have been fighting way more than usual and could use the lift.

I got a phone call from my sister she will be using my other sister's shore house this weekend with some of her friends and I asked if I could go after work on Friday drive down and just relax - that's a word I don't get to process much of lately - I can't even relax. Hoping DD will get over the fact I am going without her she loves the shore but telling her it will be chilly and it's an adult weekend. In her mind I shouldn't get time away like that - it's unfair. But as I told DH if I don't get real relax time I don't know what I will do, cracking just seems more and more like a reality.

I hope everyone has a super wonderful day
Old 04-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #1952
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Debbie, sounds like you will have a good trip - prayers for you and your family. Also sounds like DGD has great confidence in you, which is always nice cause Grandma's rule!! I am so glad the neighbor got to meet them and glad she apologized that's nice sometimes it is just a communication thing. Happy about that!

Joan, DGD's face is way too cute no one could turn that down! So glad you got to spend time with her.

Cat, I think I am going to see if I can get that series I have been fighting way more than usual and could use the lift.

I got a phone call from my sister she will be using my other sister's shore house this weekend with some of her friends and I asked if I could go after work on Friday drive down and just relax - that's a word I don't get to process much of lately - I can't even relax. Hoping DD will get over the fact I am going without her she loves the shore but telling her it will be chilly and it's an adult weekend. In her mind I shouldn't get time away like that - it's unfair. But as I told DH if I don't get real relax time I don't know what I will do, cracking just seems more and more like a reality.

I hope everyone has a super wonderful day
The series is well worth getting and would highly recommend that you view it more than once for there is quite a lot of teaching to take in.

May God give you an enjoyable and relaxing time.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #1953
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Monday. Can Monday be a happy day? I don't know.

Debbie - Lyra is adorable. You may have to break the bad news about the new bed. That is too funny. As much as we don't want to wish away time, I hope this week goes faster than you expected. I'm sure you can't wait to get to your daughter's!!!!

That one neighbor sounds like a true menace. Too bad someone can't video (or whatever) what he is doing. That is awful. I'm glad the other neighbor is now in a better place. We had littermates when we first moved here and they always seemed to find a way to escape. A neighbor two doors down would always walk them home. I felt awful that they got out. The dogs we have now might get out, but they don't really go anywhere. I'm just very thankful we live on a relatively quiet street. We do have train tracks behind us, but they usually just go to a neighbor's - if that far.

Joan - I hope you are feeling better today. I can't imagine a full day of work would make you feel better though.

Michele - Why is it that kids think we don't need a break? My girls sort of understand. But it interferes with their lives! Once Julie gets her license it should be easier. Marie never will but having one of them who can drive to the store will be a huge help. Of course, then I'll have something new to worry about! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #1954
Gabfest Goddess

Joanne, my favorite Jenn line is "your the mom and that's what mom's do you signed up for this" my response was "moms are people too and we all need a break and to relax" she said it's a busy life as a mom and I should have known that when I got pregnant. Ugghhhh!! But your right I can do whatever I want as long as it doesn't interfere with HER life! hahahaha and I barely get to go anywhere and usually never alone so I made DH promise to be on his best behavior too!
Old 04-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #1955
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, remind Jenn of that line when she becomes a mom.

Guess who's working Saturday? Yep, me. I kind of knew I would. Oh, well. It's that much more money I'll have when I get home. If Lyra doesn't have it all spent for me that is. At least I'll have a couple days to get my things ready to go. Can't wait to see my girls.

I'm at work now and have a little more than an hour to go. It finally quieted down a little so I could check in with you. And it's raining again. Haven't heard any complaints about it, though. Guess I should find something to do while I'm sitting here.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #1956
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Have fun at the shore. DD will get over it sooner or later.

Joanne- today was good. I am always happy to have a day that the boss isn't on my case.

Thinking of all!
Bill Cosby
Old 04-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #1957
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, have a fun, relaxing time at the shore. Wish I could join you.

It's only Monday and I already can't wait until the end of the week. I'm glad I know today that I'll be working Saturday instead of later in the week. It must be nice to be able to more or less work only when it's convenient for me. And this person is going to be gone most of the summer, too.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #1958
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks ladies, looking forward to a couple of nights away. I am with you Deb, really looking forward to the end of the week.

Oh it's Tuesday morning boss lady is traveling so it will be a slower day. That's good and bad I don't like to be really bored then my day drags along way too slowly! Ordered an entertainment center thing off of the internet overstock.com and it arrives today very excited was able to get a piece to hold TV and some stuff and then two matching pieces to hold the knick knacks and stuff that we normally have out and they will be behind glass I always like that better for dust reasons. I had done something nice for someone - Pastor's wife and placed a small order on overstock.com and funny thing was next day I got an e-mail with 10% off entire order and saved more then I spent. That was fun and they shipped for $2.95 - so my parents are supposed to get to my house by 10:30 am to wait for the package I have missed too much work - I can't stay home today.

Hugs!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #1959
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, I know what you mean about being bored when the boss is gone. My boss is on vacation this week along with another coworker. That's why I'm working so many hours this week. Since my main job is to man the circulation desk for 3 hours, I don't have much to do with the remainder of the day. That's why I'm going down each and every stack and putting books back in order. Some people just can't grasp the concept of "Don't reshelve books, put them in the bin". They think they're so smart, they know exactly where the book belongs. It usually gets put back on the wrong shelf. I should have the nonfiction done by the end of the week, if not before. If I get super bored, I guess I can work on the children's nonfiction. I keep telling the children't librarian she needs to do that on a regular basis. It is part of her job after all. But that's beyond her. She has a lot to learn. She's getting nervous about what's going to happen when we get a new director. She'll probably learn the new person won't put up with her sitting around for a couple hours visiting with one of the other gals. I love my boss, but she's always afraid of hurting someone's feelings, but doesn't realize that she does inadvertently. Speaking of work, I better finish getting ready.

Have a good day, my friends.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #1960
Gabfest Goddess

Ahhh, I just love how some think. Here I get every computer question there is and others just say "I don't know ask Michele" which is fine I don't mind the knowing it I mind them not having to know it to do their job. So I hear you on that front!