Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #1561
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Your boss is smart because my doctor wants me to do some walking to help with the problem, too - and yes, stress most certainly aggravates the problem.
My boss has walked to work for many, many years. She only lives about 6 blocks from the library. I think the walk helps her relieve some of the stress, at least for a few minutes.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #1562
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Cat, Stress just aggrevates me! Makes me eat, can make me cry and is an over all pain in the butt! lol - I think it is absolutely wonderful that you have that kind of relationship with your Doctor!

Debbie, that is a cool challenge! I was just wondering - I have so much stuff don't know if I can do all that!

Hope everyone has a good night, hoping to post in the a.m. and say I was successful in stamping! I think I just need the quiet time!

HUGS
I'm not so sure I'll be able to get through all my stuff, but I'm giving it a try. At least it makes me think twice about buying anymore stamps or anything else I really don't need.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #1563
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- happy the doc appt went better than you expected. I will keep praying!

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

Joan
Old 01-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #1564
Crimping Master

Did not get a chance to get on today just crawling into bed. Temp was -14 today. Way too cold for my liking! Hope everyone had a good day and an amazing weekend!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #1565
Crimping Master

Hope everyone is having a good weekend
Old 01-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #1566
Stazon Splitcoast

Had a busy afternoon at work. It seemed like everyone had a question about something that had nothing to do with library business. A lot of people with tax questions. Just because we have tax forms does not mean we can answer your tax questions. Even though I know the answers, that's not what I'm being paid to do. The best one was when a guy came in and showed me a notice he got about where he can get his taxes done free. It listed the sites and phone numbers to call to make an appointment. He asked me why they wouldn't answer their phone. How am I supposed to know why they didn't answer the phone? None of the phone numbers belonged to us. If he tried calling today, of course they weren't going to answer the phone; the place is closed. And tax season just started. I can't wait until April 17! I don't have any appointments set up yet. Every year I tell myself this will be your last year to volunteer, but I keep doing it.

It was much warmer today than it has been. I think it got pretty close to the 30s. No one was complaining about the weather.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #1567
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hope this makes you smile....

STUDENT WHO OBTAINED 0% ON AN EXAM
MAYBE HE DESERVES 100% FOR HIS CREATIVITY

Q1. In which battle did Napoleon die?
* his last battle

Q2. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
* at the bottom of the page

Q3. River Ravi flows in which state?
* liquid

Q4. What is the main reason for divorce?
* marriage

Q5. What is the main reason for failure?
* exams

Q6. What can you never eat for breakfast?
* Lunch & dinner

Q7. What looks like half an apple?
* The other half

Q8. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become?
* It will simply become wet

Q9. How can a man go eight days without sleeping ?
* No problem, he sleeps at night.

Q10. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
* You will never find an elephant that has only one hand..

Q11. If you had three apples and four oranges

in one hand and four apples and three oranges in other hand, what would you have ?
Very large hands

Q12. If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take four men to build it?
* No time at all, the wall is already built.

Q13. How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
*Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #1568
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the daily chuckle.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #1569
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah! i'm done with all the tax tests I needed to do, and a couple more optional ones. I guess I'm ready. I won't start until Feb. 6. Gives me time to relax a little. I'm just tired of telling people who come into the library to pick up forms that we cannot help them. But they still keep asking us questions. I just tell them there are some places they can go to get their taxes prepared and e-filed for free. So please, if you have to pick up forms from your local library, do not ask them questions because they cannot and are forbidden to answer tax questions.

Hope everyone is having a decent week so far. We're starting to get spring-like weather here. I just hope we don't get hit with a very late winter storm.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #1570
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Wahoo for completing your tests for tax preparation. You are so wonderful to volunteer to do this. I never thought to ask the library workers for help. I guess I didn't think they were responsible for that info!
We are warmer than usual was well. I wonder what March will bring???
Thinking of you all!

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

Joan
Old 01-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #1571
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, you'd be surprised what people expect librarians to know. Just because the library is a source for information doesn't mean we know all the answers. A lot of people ask my how to navigate through websites. Evidently, they think every site is the same. I just tell them to start exploring the links. How can anyone know how to navigate every single site out there? Some people think since we check books out electronically we should be able to tell them all the books they've read. Those are just some of the tamer questions. I never knew working in a library could be so "interesting". That must be why I'm still there after almost 6 years.

I am so looking forward to the end of June. The girls are coming for a visit. Bailey was excited about being here for the 4th of July again. She had fun when they were here a couple years ago. Lyra will be more fun this time since she won't be a baby any more; and she had a blast at our annual music festival. She was so interested in everyone's feet. I can't believe she'll be 3 when I see her again. It's going to be a busy time for us. We have an out-of-town wedding to go to so the girls will meet us there before coming here. We have all the preparations for the 4th of July music festival, not to mention how busy we'll be that day. The girls will be here for about a week after so we'll have more time to spend with them. After they leave, we'll have a little break then it will be our class reunion. I am so grateful no one asked us to help with that. They all know how much work we put into the music festival. If I'm lucky to have enough money put aside, I'd like to fly down to stay with the girls in August to help Sheri out with the girsl while she's part of her friend's wedding. That will be a huge if. I'm not sure I'll be able to afford to take the extra time off from work or even if I'll be able to take the time. I'll have a new boss by then. My boss will be done the end of June.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #1572
Gabfest Goddess

Well it is Wednesday and this week is just seeming long! I am just feeling some of the blues lately and I think part of it is by this time of the season, DH works nights and I do most stuff for the house. I do like it when he takes responsibility for DD in the a.m. and get her onto the bus! I am so tired day starts at 5:55 am and I don't get home until after 6 pm and I am just plain tired by that point! uggghh, ok I vented!

I am so behind with tax stuff! I don't even want to think about it just yet! But your good for getting prepared Debbie and it will be fun to have the girls over the summer.

Joan, I have been wondering about the weather for the remainder of the year too! It has been a wild ride lately.

I have been talking about moving to NC, and if the market was better I would be out of Jersey! I think I am so tired of the high price of everything - my parents say they would go too, and my one sister wants to go! So it's a big decision but hopefully over the next 2 years we might be able to do it. . . .

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #1573
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - I cannot even imagine having to deal with people like that all day. I guess I'm becoming more anti-social than I thought! You do have a LOT to look forward to! Hopefully, it will all work out just like you want it to.

Michele - the cost of living is so high up that way. I know my mom would like to move, but my dad wouldn't. Although, he has said some things lately that makes me think maybe he would. But he is 88 and I know the stress of packing, sorting and moving would be extremely stressful for him. For my mom too! She stresses easily. For the record she is 76.

Sunny day here but it must be especially dry. My sinuses hurt - like they are terribly dry. It is in my nose and up into my forehead. I'm going to take a warm shower and see if the steam helps. Then I'm going to STAMP!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #1574
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, I don't have my own tax stuff ready. I'm just ready to do everyone else's returns. I'm still waiting on one more thing before I can do my own. We do have until April 17 so you're really not behind. Anymore, it's almost better to wait until mid-February or March to think about it, the way Congress changes some of the tax laws at the last minute.

The sun is shining and it's 42. Is it winter or is it spring? The snow is melting, which is a good thing. I wouldn't mind a little more snow after this melts; just as long as it's only 1" or less.I love listening to all of the people who move here with the Border Patrol. The're used to weather in the south and not up here in the north. And this winter has been too mild so far.

Michele, I hope you get to realize your dream to move to NC. Never lose that dream.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #1575
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, have you tried a saline spray for your nose? It helps me when it's real dry around here. We have some patrons who are chain smokers and as soon as they come around me, I"m all stuffy. We have to open all cases to make sure the DVDs, CDs and VHS tapes are there and are the correct ones. When I open one of them from a chain smoker, the smoke just jumps out at you. Not a thing we can do about it. We can't tell people they can't smoke in their own homes; however, I wouldn't mind being able to. I'm allergic to smoke of any kind. Most days at work aren't too terribly bad. It's just interesting the type of people that are drawn to libraries. In the summer, we get a lot of young hitchhikers stop in to check their email. Sometimes they'll talk to us, sometimes not. We also get a lot of cyclists come through. So we do get to meet some interesting people.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #1576
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Michele, if and when you move down south, you must stop in Reisterstown for a visit! <3
Old 01-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #1577
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all my friends... I just had my piano tuned and fixed...Ouch $280.00. At Christmas my DGD was playing hard and broke 4 elbows. The piano has plastic elbows for the hammers. 52 of them broke as he tried to tune it. The other 36 will have to be replaced soon. The piano is my age, so I guess plastic from 1953 wasn't made to last forever. It sounds beautiful. Wish I could play, now! When my fingers, hand and wrist quit hurting I will!

Joan
Old 01-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #1578
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi dear ones!

Debbie - I have started using the saline spray and what a difference it makes! I honestly didn't think it would help, but it does!!! I've been using it more often which means I've used it four times this winter. LOL

Joan - sorry about the cost of the piano! I'm glad you got it fixed though. I hope you can play it soon.

My daughter's dog, Chloe, got hurt at the dog park yesterday. Two MUCH LARGER dogs fell on her! She is a 12-lb chihuahua mix! Took her to the vet today and it seems she just has a sore shoulder. She puts weight on the foot and was walking much better today so we don't think anything is broken.

Oh what to do today - I have so much "work" but I want to stamp and play!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #1579
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, I'm so glad the saline spray is helping.

I just had a 3-day weekend and all the stamping I did was a birthday card for Vince's nephew. I did take care of a couple of things I've been putting off. I also got all of my nephew's wedding invitations scored. I am so glad I invested in the Scor Pal.

I start doing taxes next week so I'll busy for the next 2-1/2 months.

Hope you all have a great week.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #1580
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello, thought to share this chuckle...

A trucker stops for a red light, a blonde catches up. She jumps out of her car, runs up to his truck, and knocks on the door.

The trucker lowers the window, and she says "Hi, my name is Heather and you are losing some of your load."

The trucker ignores her and proceeds down the street.When the truck stops for another red light, the girl catches up again. She jumps out of her car, runs up and knocks on the door.

Again, the trucker lowers the window. As if they've never spoken, the blonde says brightly, "Hi my name is Heather, and you are losing some of your load!"

Shaking his head, the trucker ignores her again and continues down the street. At the third red light, the same thing happens again.

All out of breath, the blonde gets out of her car, runs up, knocks on the truck door. The trucker rolls down the window.. Again she says "Hi, my name is Heather, and you are losing some of your load!"

When the light turns green the trucker revs up and races to the next light.

When he stops this time, he hurriedly gets out of the truck, and runs back to the blonde.

He knocks on her window, and after she lowers it, he says...

"Hi, my name is Mark, it's winter in CLEVELAND and I'm driving the SALT TRUCK!"
Old 01-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #1581
Gabfest Goddess

Cat, needed that laugh that was good~~~
Old 01-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #1582
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- thanks for the chuckle!
Debbie- take care of yourself. Thinking of you guys!
Michele- I hope you are doing well!

Joan
Old 01-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #1583
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Hello ladies!

Gosh, I don't even know how long it's been since I've posted. I just caught up on reading the posts. Praying for all, chuckling with Cat, commiserating with Joanne (moods, sinuses, being social)......can't remember everything now, but I think of you all every day.

I've been very anti-social lately, and even anti-e-social. I might get on the computer once a day now. Most of my days are spent watching tv with Boo. I feel like a lump.

I'm getting an SU order on Thursday and hoping it will motivate me a bit. I don't know if I've said it here or not (I know I did on facebook), but I'm not sending any cards this year. I'm sending prayers instead. Stamping has become a job rather than a fun hobby for me. I need to take a break from deadlines, and just stamp for the fun of it. I'll try to build my stock up for next year and get back into the swing of things then.

This may seem off the wall, but have any of you swallowed a pill and had it go up into your sinuses instead? LOL Oh man, am I weird! My progesterone pills are spherical and hard to swallow. I have to throw my head back a little to get them down. Well, sometimes they go up instead of down and get caught in my sinuses. They won't come out until they "melt" a little, then I can blow them out my nose. (Sorry if this is TMI) I was wondering what you ladies think about whether or not I should take another pill when that happens. I have been, but was wondering if I'm double dosing that way. Any ideas? Gee, how boring would this thread get if I didn't pop in once in awhile!?! LOL

Well, I hope you all miss me. I miss you when I'm not here. Just can't bring myself around much. I'll try to be better.

Hugs,
Sue
Old 01-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #1584
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for chuckle, Cat.
Miss you, Sue. I got a big chuckle from you, too. Can't say I ever had that happen to me.
Had a quiet evening at work. Hardly anyone in the library tonight. I like those quiet evenings. I'm counting down the months until my girls will be here.... only 5 more months. Can't wait to see them. Bailey's great uncle on her dad's side of the family sent us some pictures he took of the girls right after Christmas. They are growing up so fast.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:01 AM   #1585
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue - glad to se you post. And I'm with you on the anti-social part lately. Although I'm attached to the computer it seems. I've never had that problem with a pill, but I think you taking another one is okay. Obviously, the first one isn't staying in your system. That does seem very strange though - have you asked your doctor about it. I would think it would be extremely painful!

Debbie - in a way, I hope those five months go quickly. But don't want to wish time away either!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #1586
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, I have to agree with you. I really don't want time to pass too quickly, either. I have lots to keep me busy between now and then. I need to change my avatar with one of the pictures I just received.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:16 AM   #1587
Stazon Splitcoast

Check out the new avatar.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #1588
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Adorable!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #1589
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post

So precious and adorable. <3
Old 01-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #1590
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I love it! Can't believe how much Lyra has grown! Seems like just yesterday you sent me her baby picture in an email.

Hugs,
Sue
Old 01-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #1591
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Sue - .......I've never had that problem with a pill, but I think you taking another one is okay. Obviously, the first one isn't staying in your system. That does seem very strange though - have you asked your doctor about it. I would think it would be extremely painful!.......
It doesn't hurt, just feels weird. When it comes out it looks like the inside of it dissolved and left only a thick shell. My nose bled a LOT this morning. I get lots of nose bleeds, but rarely do they bleed a lot. I'll ask the doc when I see her in May (if I remember).
Old 01-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #1592
Stazon Splitcoast

Now you know why I can't wait to see them.
Sue, it does seem like just yesterday. Just think, she'll be three in June.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #1593
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - The girls are precious.
Sue- Wow! I have been wondering about you! I have never had a pill go up into my sinuses. Take care and have fun with the little pooch!
Joanne- You are awesome! I will PM you!

Joan
Old 02-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #1594
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls. Michele ~ thinking of you today. Hope things are better. HUGS!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #1595
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, all! Just got back from having dinner with my nephew and his fiance. We stopped by her work place to let her know their invitations are ready, and she invited us out to dinner. We keep telling them the invitations are part of their wedding gift, but they still want to pay us for the work. All I did was score them, Vince did the hard work by designing them then printing them.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #1596
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought to share this and hope it will bring some encouragement....

The Shadows of Groundhog Day

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the SHADOW of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff
they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

Today is Groundhog Day in America. The day in Pennsylvania when the celebration is held of the groundhog being lifted from his hiding place. If the groundhog sees his shadow it is predicted that there will be six more weeks of winter.

Like the groundhog in Pennsylvania, all of us have self-perceived shadows within ourselves. But, we come out of our cave and see our imagined shadows, we may go into a hiding hibernation from life long-beyond six weeks, maybe for as long as six years.

We have seen people go into long seclusion, pulling away, all due to the imagined shadows they perceive within themselves. In counseling, I have seen people defend their shadows almost unto death. An imagined shadow can become a very real and scary thing.

We are always much better than we think we are. We tend to be our worst judge and are more critical about ourselves than anyone else or anything.

We see our own shadows magnified with greater darkness and impending doom. Like the groundhog, perhaps we need to give ourselves a break.

But how do we do this if we have been in the shadows for so long.

We must realize that we are not in this life experience alone.

We have God's help.

God's help brings brightness to every new morning - IF WE LET GOD DO THIS.

God's help brings a new dawn, new opportunity, and new vistas for us to strive towards.

We must allow God to work in our lives by no longer holding ourselves back hiding in the imagined shadows.

In our free-will we must accept God's help as ours today.

Why do we accept it for others, but not ourselves? It is because we carry our own baggage, we do not carry the baggage of others. We can often believe bigger for other people than for ourselves because of this.

The spiritual journey is to take the spiritual truth, and wear it as our own, in our souls.

The good news you are not who you once were. You are not your biography. As a child of God you are defined more by your potential than your past. As a child of God you have the same potential that was given to every great person.

Many people live perpetually in the shadows of past mistakes, and errors. This is not God's will for you.

As a child of God you are evolving every day into a better spiritual being. The light of God eliminates shadows.

Some of the greatest people I have ever known, were not always what you would call good people but through the help of God they became overcomers of their shadowy past.

There comes a time my friend, in our own spiritual journey, when we must muster up the courage of God, and in a way take God's hand, to go past our shadows, out into the light of a new life. When we realize we are not going it alone, this gives us a tremendous power of overcoming. We have a God-given Divine strength.

We smile as we journey because we are doing the will of God. We move forward to fully, totally live, discovering our true selves. It is only then that new God-given abilities and gifts are revealed to us.

Today, may God be with you, and go with you, as you boldly move forward.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #1597
Stazon Splitcoast

This is great, Cat. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #1598
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
This is great, Cat. Thanks for sharing.

It hit home for me so grateful you liked it.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #1599
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi friends! I spent most of the day making recipe scrapbook pages for my friend! She has been asking for some of my recipes and I decided to put a scrapbook together. She and I have been friends since we were 11 years old!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #1600
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, your friend is going to love it.