Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #121
Insane Embellisher

SINCE CHRISTMAS....NOT SO GOOD!!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #122
Gabfest Goddess

Linda, congrats on the 31 lbs. of weight loss! I have to so get motivated! Ughgh! But thrilled for you. I am so sorry that you have not felt so good since Christmas - sending you hugs!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #123
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I'm officially tired of snow. Although it looks BEAUTIFUL outside!!!!! I'm worried about an ice dam forming on our roof again. We had that happen last year and still ahven't painted our bedroom ceiling.

Linda - that is GREAT weight loss. I'm so proud of you (and a little jealous).

Debbie - just because you see a lot of people interviewing doesn't mean you aren't the PERFECT choice for this job. I hate the whole interview process, too, though. I do feel for you.

Michele - how much snow did you get? We got 16 inches yesterday.

Christine - it is just nice to see you pop in. After all without you this group wouldn't be here.

Sue - SO GLAD that your down day was only one day!!!!!! I know when I have a bad day I hope and pray it isn't going to be the start of something. I'm glad you are still doing so well!!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:45 AM   #124
Gabfest Goddess

Joanne WOW we only got 8 inches. But in Bergen County is got over a foot so work opening was delayed and then I decided to work from home! I hear the stuff on the roof it's starting to run off now.

I just booked tickets for Florida for March 6 - 11th - Ft. Myers is beautiful normally that time of year and it's not too hot yet and it's a nice break so very thankful DH paid for our tickets - he doesn't go just me and DD since he works and can't go.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #125
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, I'm glad someone else is getting the snow now. It hasn't snowed for over a week now. Our temps have been in the high 30's and low 40's so some of our snow is melting. Although, you wouldn't know it looking at all the piles we have around the yard. Might snow this weekend. Hope not.

Linda, it's good to hear from you. Congrats on the weight loss.

Christine, it's nice seeing you pop in and out.

Sounds like we need to motivate each other in losing weight. Some ways we can change our eating habits is to cut down on portions, drink at least 8 glasses of water (this works great), cut out all sodas (hard to do most days), eat more veggies and fruits and whole grains. Some ways to sneak in some exercise is to take the stairs instead of the elevator, park as far away from the store as you can. Here's a good website for sneaking in exercise:Park Exercise Video: Step Up Exercise & Workout Routine for Women & Moms

Sparkpeople.com is another great site for helping with the weight loss. If you check it out and decide to join tell them grammafrommt sent you and let me know your user name.

Have a good day, everyone! Remember, things can always be worse.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #126
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

The sun is no longer shining. I heard we could get more flurries over the weekend and then another storm system Tues/Wed next week. Really? I think we've had enough!

Debbie - I like your last comment: "Remember, things can always be worse." As much as I complaining, it does look beautiful!! I just worry about the ice dams since we had that problem last year!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #127
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello friends, we got hit with about a foot of snow. Reynold has been out with the snow blower most of the morning. It keeps throwing some kind of bolt and he has to stop to put one in - poor guy.

Sending my best to everyone, keep warm and have a blessed day.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #128
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone!
Linda- Wow on the weight loss. glad that dad is doing better. feel better real soon.
Sue- glad the blues are gone.
Joanne- winter... I love the cold but hate the snow!
Caterina- hope the snowblower is fixed.
Debbie- Great perspective.
I am tired. However, I have an important Board Meeting tonight. Wish I didn't need to attend.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #129
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally figured out how to use my scanner with my updated computer. So I uploaded some cards I have been working on lately.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #130
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathi- Happy Birthday! Hope today was a good day for you!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #131
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, love the cards.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #132
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Debbie
Old 01-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #133
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies! It has been snowing here for most of the afternoon. NOT accumulating, thank goodness.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #134
Stazon Splitcoast

You're welcome, Joan.

Starting at 11 pm today, we will ve in a winter weather advisory until Sunday evening. Not looking forward to any more snow rihgt now. We're finally starting to see things that have been buried under all of our snow. At least I have the weekend off and don't have to leave the house. Lots of time to stamp.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #135
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Hello ladies!

Joanne ~ 16" yesterday? Wow, I'm thankful to live where I do!

Joan ~ Cute cards! I hope work is going well for you.

Gramma ~ All good weight loss tips. I'm using a free phone app (and synced website) called MyFitnessPal.com. Can't remember if I mentioned this. It's awesome, and it's really helping me learn better habits. I can do this!!! So far I've lost 7 or 8 lbs. Only 40-some to go!

Caterina ~ Aren't we blessed to have husbands to do the snow removal? I remember when I was single and had to do it all myself. I didn't think I'd live through the winter.

Michele ~ Florida with your DD will be awesome! I need to plan a trip.

I got a pair of Sketchers Shape Ups (shoes) today, and I love them! Hope they do the trick for toning these spongy muscles.

Placed a huge SU order today. I guess I'd better catch up on 'processing' the other stamps I've gotten recently. I've been really bad about letting things sit.

I spoke with my Mom on the phone today for a really long time. It's so awesome to me that God brought our hearts back together. It sure helps that they live in MO now.

DH is working late tonight, so I have the house to myself. I wonder what I'll do..........

Hugs to all of you,
Sue
Old 01-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #136
Stazon Splitcoast

It's been a long time since I had the house to myself. Need to wait until next hunting season.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #137
Gabfest Goddess

Sue, glad you had a good day and thrilled you had a good talk with mom, what a blessing. Do happy for you with how that has changed.

Deb, i am with you long time since I have had the house to myself. I would like that for a day or two. That is probably bad to say, but it's true!

DD had a little meltdown tonight and now she is sleeping. I tell you some days are just rough and I am so thankful for the meds, but think getting into some sunshine that is not killer hot will be so helpful for us both. Last year was so rough, a piece of me gets nervous at the thought. But with knowing she has meds and also been through some counseling we know how to talk to each other better I hope that and Faith gets us through. My parents also need some help while down there and that is all cool - just ends up being work too. Oh crap, I really vented sorry. I love my parents dearly - and am thankful for everything they have done for me and my family - the tired part of me just gets emotionally tired. But it will be a good year and DD did much better on her report card. She has been making some big improvements.

I am tired and watching TIVO'd Dr. Phil next and then tomorrow gonna head to gym with DD and then to mall. Since I have been sick for 2 weeks DD needs some mom time with me.

I hope you all have a super blessed evening!
Michele
Old 01-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #138
Stazon Splitcoast

It's pretty quiet today. Hope everyone is ok. It's been blowing and snowing all day and not supposed to let up until tomorrow evening. I think the weather has Timber spooked because he won't go outside. That's unusual for him since he loves ot play in the snow. Makes me wonder if the weather will be getting worse.

I've been playing with my Silhouette this weekend. I'm loving that toy. I made three valentine's for my girls. Only one of them has any stamping on it. They are in my gallery now. I'm happy with the way they turned out. I'm trying to use up my designer paper. It's going to take me a long time to use it up. I didn't realize how much I have until I dug it all out.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #139
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Very nice cards!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #140
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Cat. I'm still trying to get the hang of my new printer/scanner. Can't get the sizing just right. I'll get it about the time it breaks down then I'll have to start all over.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #141
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Your cards are great. It looks like you have mastered the Silhouette. Did you send the snow my way? We have been getting flurries for a couple of hours.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #142
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Joan. No, I didnt' send the snow, but I will be happy to send some more your way. It snowed all day here along with high winds. Too bad the wind didn't blow the snow away so I won't have to shovel tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't be snowing so I can get out and do that. Darn, I just looked at the forecast and it's supposed to be cold and snowy again tomorrow. We're heading back into the subzero temps again. Spring can't come soon enough for me.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:16 AM   #143
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- it is still snowing this morning....
Old 01-30-2011, 08:12 AM   #144
Stazon Splitcoast

It's still snowing here, too. At least it looks pretty. It's supposed to be like this all day. It's 0. A good day to stay inside.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #145
Stazon Splitcoast

I went out dinner on Friday with my aunt who will 100 on February 8th. She is very spry. She rides her stationery bike about 15 minutes a day, she walks two flights of stairs at least twice a day, makes her own meals from scratch (pkg food is unhealthy), does her laundry and ironing, does not use a cane or walker etc. If any one would like to send her a card, PM me. She loves flowers and collects porcelain dolls.
I went out to a play with Dh last night. Today Dh and I went and babysat DGD for about an hour. She is hilarious and loves to laugh.
It was a full weekend.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #146
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow!! 100 years young! That's incredible. She's right about packaged food not being healthy. We can all learn from her. PM me her address. I will try to get a card made for her. Try is the operative word here. I'm working six days this week. I'm trying to decide if I want to take next Monday off or work it since I can surely use all the extra hours I can get. I'll see how it goes by Friday.

The snow finally stopped. We got the driveways and sidewalks cleared. I used the snow shovel and Vince ran the snowblower. We usually do the next door neighbor's sidewalk too. They were knocking on their window and blowing me kisses . He had part of a lung removed this fall and she's been sick the last couple days. I don't mind doing theirs because they don't have much to do. What were we thinking when we bought this place with 2 driveways. We have a nice big backyard and that's what sold us on the place.

I lost almost 4 pounds this month. It must be all the snow shovelling and the hours on my stationary bike. I still have over 60 more to lose.

My niece's water broke yesterday and she went into the hospital. They induced her and she's still in labor. We're all waiting to hear good news. The baby is 4 weeks early but everything seems to be fine so far. This is her first. By morning I should be a great aunt for the 5th time.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It went by too fast for me.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:12 PM   #147
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Congrats on the new baby and weight loss. M

Ladies- My older sister thinks it will be safer if the 100th birthday cards for my aunt are sent to me.
Rose W
c/o Joan Ballanger
2024 Hawthorne Ave E
St Paul, MN 55119-3220
Thanks
She will be so excited to get mail.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:30 PM   #148
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Debbie, so happy to hear you have a new sweet baby in the family! Best wishes to everyone! Good job on the weight loss!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:32 PM   #149
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joan, thanks for the info for your aunt - will get a card out soon!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #150
Inking Addict

Hi Joan.. I just addressed the card for your Aunt, It will go out in the mail tomorrow. What an awesome thing you are doing for her. I hope she gets a basket full of cards to celebrate this wonderful occasion.. God bless you and your Aunt.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #151
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls. It is so cold here. We are due for more snow and ice. It is the ice that worries me. And hubby may not be here to help me chip it away. I hate the ice worst of all.

Joan - I will get a card off to your aunt tomorrow. I forgot that you had mentioned that.

Sue - I am so glad that your relationship has improved with your mom. My husband said that the only reason he had a "better" relationship with his family is because he lives so far away. He does not think it would be very good if we all lived nearby. I think he is right.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #152
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Joan.

Joanne, it's pretty cold here, too. It's -19 with windchill of -34. It's supposed to get warmer by the weekend.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #153
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - I honestly don't know how you survive with those temps!! I think I tend to hibernate now - it would be so much worse with those temps.

We didn't get the overnight stuff as predicted. It doesn't appear to be doing anything outside now. I hope it stays that way. I don't mind the snow, but I worry about the ice. Hubby is getting ready to travel 3 hours south - at least it is the right direction!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #154
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, you learn to adjust to the cold. We've had colder temps in the past. i remember one year back in the 80's when it got to -60 without windchill. The windchill was -90. The schools rarely shut down around here; otherwise the kids would be going to school all year with no breaks. Right now it's -38 with no wind. The real down side of this cold is the heating bill. Not fun.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:04 AM   #155
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning ladies!

Well, the snow is finally closing in on us as well. We're under a blizzard warning until noon tomorrow. They're predicting 14" to 20" (that's enormous for us), plus high winds. I was out last night at a stamp camp and came home around 6:00. It was freezing rain then, on top of the snow covered streets. It would've been alright it not for the crazies. Got home safely and am staying here for a few days. DH is working from home today and tomorrow.

We did lose power yesterday for about an hour. Thank goodness for our generator and our gas log fireplace. If we don't have power, our geothermal heating doesn't run. I'm almost certain we'll lose power again at some point during this storm. At least DH is home to help keep me warm.

Joan ~ Your Aunt sounds awesome! Does she live by herself???

Gramma ~ I'm down 8 pounds since Jan. 15th. I'm trying not to lose so fast, but it's happening and I'm not too disappointed. LOL Yesterday I missed my workout due to the power outage, and today DH is working in the basement where the elliptical is. He finds it hard to work if I'm using it since it's practically in the same room as his office. I hope I don't gain it all back before I can get to the elliptical!

Can't believe it's February already. Don't know if I'll get any Valentines out this year. I just haven't been in a card making mood for some time now.

Well, I think I'll make a cup of coffee, put on my Snuggie, and read my Kindle. I'm very much into the book I'm reading and can't wait to get back to it.

Hope you all stay safe and warm! You are such a blessing to me, and I love you all!

Hugs,
Sue
Old 02-01-2011, 07:06 AM   #156
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, I forgot to mention that in addition to all the area schools being closed, both universities in town are closed as well. That RARELY happens......maybe 3 times in my lifetime!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:41 AM   #157
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Ladies,

Joan, I will send a card directly to you for your aunt, I should have read all the posts before I sent you a PM! I will get a card out by Thursday. Just due to weather! YUCKY weather.

Sue and Gramma great job on the weight loss, weight watchers is coming to where I work and offering a discount so maybe i will join through them.

Sue, stay in and stay warm we are starting to get it and they are saying up to 14 inches by Thursday.

Joanne, how are you making out with this weather? I am doing a work from home day just because of what is coming in and the icy roads by me were too much for me, but I feel like it makes a hole in my work schedule and performance. Uggh!

Cat, how are you? Hope you are on the mend.

Scrappinlizzi, I hope all is going well by you! Nice to see you post.

I sent Barbi a PM with the new thread just so she found us again. I am hoping to see her post.

Linda, hope all is well by you in Canada! How is the weather by you? Are you getting all of this snow too?

Happy February 1st!
Michele
Old 02-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #158
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue- My aunt does live by herself. She is an amazing lady. Be careful with the snowy weather.
Hope everyone is safe and secure
Old 02-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #159
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue, that's a lot of snow for anyone. It's just too cold to snow here. It was -40 this morning and that's without the windchill. It's not a whole lot warmer right now.

I know I'm not going to get the job I applied for. I'm okay with it. Several people who applied have masters degrees and a couple of them are librarians. I put my two cents worth in this morning about one of them. Part of the job would be assistant director and I'm not up to doing that one. My boss feels better that I'm not bummed about the job. I had to try.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #160
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Your post made me think of one of my mom's sayings. I have heard it said many ways. But she always said nothing ventured, nothing gained. Your attitude is so great. Stay warm. It is 1 degree right now here.
I have been thinking about a few absent members. I hope all is well!