Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #81
Polyshrink Goddess

Good morning, and greetings from sunny Iowa! It's a -8 with a wind chill of -20, and supposed to get -30 by tonight. Being the good samaritan I am, I offered to bring my girlfriend's kids to school since they had a 2 hour delay this morning. So the car is already warming up, I'm on my second cup of coffee, and raring to go. (Where do I come up with these brainschemes???????PT went okay yesterday. The hip is still painful but coming along.
Gramma, if this cold weather isn't enuf incentive to finish that course, I don't know what is! You can do it! I'd love to take something like that so I could become productive again.
Sue, I set a goal of 52 lbs. this year - 1 lb. each week. Wanna do it with me??
Michelle, feeling any better? and Gramma's right, the cough always seems to stick around for quite awhile. It sounds like your DD had a fabulous experience at Spiderman! What fun!
Joanne, have you ever tried something called Biofreeze? I swear by it for lower back pain. I buy mine at my chiropractor's office. It's the best.
Well, gotta run...gotta get them chillings' off to school! Have a great day!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #82
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello to everyone - had to stop by and share this with you.

YouTube - A Man Experiencing Childbirth!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #83
Mad Swapper

Hobby Lobby is definitely fun! I work near there so I often visit them on my lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Deb- sure wish it was on a day I had off. It would be fun to meet you! I did look at your gallery. I love the pink card.
Christine- I was in your part of MN yesterday. Dh and I spent the afternoon and evening in Rochester. I fount the Hobby Lobby. What a fun place to look around. Even Dh liked it. I had to tell him it was time to go!
Hoping to convince him to drive up north to International Falls until Saturday!

Praying for all of you! Take care my dear friends.
Journey Blooms Founding Coach #87
♥email: creativetherapy@mail.com
Old 01-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #84
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsebroad View Post
Good morning Ladies! Just a quick note before I go to PT. I did get my baby shower card posted finally...takes some of us awhile. It's sunny here, but the wind chill is supposed to go to 10 to 30 below by tonite......I'm going south!!!!!!
Hope everyone is well or at least feeling better.
Christine, check your messages!
PTA is not going to be fun - my hip is really bothering me again, so I know that's where she'll work me.
Tonite I've got knitting class so I'm going to practice this afternoon. Got my booties finished and I was really happy how they turned out.
Gotta go for now. Chow!
I dont have any private messages from you. ;o( Are you talking about the one on FB when I responded that my BDAY is June 8th??
Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

Deb, sounds like you're having our winter temps. We're above zero again today. The sun is shining. Hope it lasts for a few days.

Joan, you're lucky you got your dh to go to Hobby Lobby with you. When we were there in August, I couldn't get Vince to stop and check it out. We didn't do any shopping except the grocery store and Barnes and Noble. Most of our time was spent in Mayo. The only reason we were in Barnes and Noble was to buy a map. We did check out an art gallery near the clinic.

I read until 3 am. Needless to say, I just got out of bed half an hour ago. Still sitting in my pj's and just finished my breakfast. Time to get dressed and start my day.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #86
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHeNpiGsFly View Post
I dont have any private messages from you. ;o( Are you talking about the one on FB when I responded that my BDAY is June 8th??
Yup, that's the one!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #87
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls!

We got a little bit of snow overnight - again. None of our storms are giving us much snow (all under 5 inches) but we get a storm every three to four days! Now it is really, really windy and cold. Although not as cold as those MN temps. The wind is what is really getting to me.

I have been stamping and creating a lot lately. Trying to use up a lot of scraps. I can't belive how much I have in the way of scraps. I think I'm obsessing over using them. But I've made a lot of cute little cards (mostly for my Sunday school kids' birthdays).

Hope everyone is having a good Friday!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:54 AM   #88
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Hi girls!

We got a little bit of snow overnight - again. None of our storms are giving us much snow (all under 5 inches) but we get a storm every three to four days! Now it is really, really windy and cold. Although not as cold as those MN temps. The wind is what is really getting to me.

I have been stamping and creating a lot lately. Trying to use up a lot of scraps. I can't belive how much I have in the way of scraps. I think I'm obsessing over using them. But I've made a lot of cute little cards (mostly for my Sunday school kids' birthdays).

Hope everyone is having a good Friday!
I hear ya, it's cold but nothing compared to MN! The fequency of storms just makes it messy. I have not stamped or created a lot recently either, really since December! I need some good stamp time!

I think it's time to wake up DD and get out of the house for a bit!

Starting to feel better I just get tired by the end of the day! Cough is lightening up so hoping to get over this soon!

HUGS hope everyone has a super Saturday!

OH and Hobby Lobby Rules!

Michele
Old 01-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #89
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello friends, it is pretty cold here like everywhere - cannot wait for Spring.

Michele, glad you are feeling better.

Still struggling with gastric stuff, difficulty eating, etc. but will continue to trust God to get me to a better place.

Sending my best to all - have a truly blessed day.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Cat, hope you get well soon.

It's been warming up a bit around here. Of course, anything above zero is warm. It rained last night, and this morning I woke up to more snow. I almost hate shoveling it because there's nothing but ice underneath.

Timber has a new playmate. No, we did not get another dog. We have a new neighbor, and when he moved into the house he put in a doggie door. Well, he doesn't think things through, and he put the doggie door in the wrong spot. Instead going into the fenced in back yard, the dog can go outside and wander the neighborhood. Well, he likes to come over and play with Timber. If one of us is outside, we usually let him in the yard to play. This morning Timber was whining to go outside (unusual for him) so I let him out and kind of forgot about him. A little bit ago, Vince asked if I let that other dog in the yard. I didn't even know the dog was in our yard. The only way we can think of a way for him to get in is to jump in from our next door neighbor's yard. We just have a retaining wall between us and they live uphill from us. It's funny to watch the dogs together since Timber the other dog (really need to find out his name) reaches just above Timber's belly. They are having a lot of fun chasing each other around the yard.

Sitting here is not getting anything done. I joined the Christmas Card Challenge and I still need to do my cards for January. Guess I'll play today and get them done. Maybe even get a start on my February cards. Maybe this way I'll actually have my cards made and get them sent out this year. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #91
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsebroad View Post
Yup, that's the one!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #92
Gabfest Goddess

Hi girls!

Happy Sunday, Deb glad Timber is having fun! A new friend is always nice!

Taking it easy today, waiting for the game. I am a true Giants fan - DH on the other hand a true JETS fan! So I am routing for the Jets today. For me, I just don't like Pittsburgh so it would be nice to have JETS Win!

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday, I joined up for a challenge for a bible verse challenge I need to get that card done. DD is over at a friends house which is good and I just have to finish some laundry = changing sheets and blankets and stuff. ALl the cleaning after being sick! So I guess I better get focused again. I went to Petco and I bought those silly ferrets another tunnel and bedding and stuff. They are so stinkin' cute!

Cat, I hope you feel better, thinking of you! HUGS

Stay warm everyone
Michele
Old 01-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

I never did get to work on my Christmas cards yesterday. Vince's nephew came over and shovelled snow off our roof. It was leaking where the roff of the deck meets the roof of the house. After he was done, I had to make a path through all of that snow. It took me over an hour and all I got done was a path. The snow is so wet that it packed down pretty good when it hit the ground. I know there's a couple piles that are about 3 feet deep. I was thinking it would be fun to have some kids here to make snowballs and throw them into the empty lot next door. Want to come and play? It would take longer than shovelling it, but a whole lot more fun.

I finally got one more lesson ready to mail in. I've been working on it since October. I have really slowed down. I'm going to take the rest of the day off and get some cards made.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #94
Gabfest Goddess

Gramma, hope you got to some crafting and I just can't imagine that much snow and I hope I don't have to! Wow, you go - I don't have that kind of energy right now!

I still haven't stamped - I need to do that maybe tomorrow after work! DH is not feeling good and even though he got flu shot he is thinking I gave him something extra! Ughh,
Old 01-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #95
Gabfest Goddess

Yeah, Packers!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #96
Embossing Fanatic

Hello to all.
This is my first time visiting this thread. It wont be my last. I so believe in the power of prayer. I also believe that God will not bring us to,. anything he cannot bring us through. I know in my 61 years I have been to and through many horrible moments. Each one is ok now. I still need a shoulder to cry on every once in a while. I still need my medication to help me live a more calm life. But I am doing it one day at a time.
I pray for each one of you. This seems to be a wonderful group. I knew when I found all the threads that teach me new papercrafting techniques I had hit the jackpot.. and now that I have found this thread it is like the icing on the cake. God Bless each and every one of us.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #97
Stazon Splitcoast

I am back form the ice box of the USA. it was negative 44 degrees on Friday morning. That is actual temperature. Now with the wind chill... I heard negative 60. It was so pretty. I went for a short walk of about 15 minutes. The Dh came and got me. he was worried. I was fine. I know how to dress. It did warm up on Friday to 22 below. It was cold over night. When I left this afternoon it was 6 below. I was near International Falls, MN.
I feel for you easterners. I hear you are getting our cold wave. You all know how much a love winter. So absolutely NO complaints.
Deb- I like your idea of losing 1 pound a week. I would love to be able to stick to that. I give up easily.
Hi scrappinlizzi- So good to see you come on board. The ladies are wonderful and very supportive. Come often
Keep safe my friends.

Joan
Old 01-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #98
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Welcome scrappinlizzi! Hope we can all get to know each other better soon.

Well, my Bears lost. Boo hoo. But if we had to lose, I'm glad it was to the Packers. They simply played a better game than us.

I lost 4 pounds last week! I'm sure I won't keep up THAT pace, but it's encouraging none the less. Last night was tough, but I'm hangin' in there.

Gramma ~ Sounds like Timber is having fun! And good for you for finishing the lesson!!!

Christina ~ I hope you can get some relief soon. Health problems are so draining on every part of your life. I'll be praying for you.

Ruth Ann & Barbi ~ Where are you? You are missed!

Hello and hugs to all not mentioned. I'm very sleepy. I'm just waiting for the estrogen gel on my arms to dry. Think I'll play some solitaire and get even sleepier........

Love & hugs to all,
Sue
Old 01-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #99
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome to the group, stampinlizzi.

I got 6 cards made today.... all the same design. Not too happy with it. I accomplished a lot today. Too bad I still have clothes to fold. At least they're clean.

We've been having nice temps lately. Supposed to be in the 30's all week. I sure don't miss those subzero temps.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #100
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinLizzi View Post
Hello to all.
This is my first time visiting this thread. It wont be my last. I so believe in the power of prayer. I also believe that God will not bring us to,. anything he cannot bring us through. I know in my 61 years I have been to and through many horrible moments. Each one is ok now. I still need a shoulder to cry on every once in a while. I still need my medication to help me live a more calm life. But I am doing it one day at a time.
I pray for each one of you. This seems to be a wonderful group. I knew when I found all the threads that teach me new papercrafting techniques I had hit the jackpot.. and now that I have found this thread it is like the icing on the cake. God Bless each and every one of us.
Welcome! This is a great group of ladies! Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Michele
Old 01-24-2011, 09:07 AM   #101
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Welcome to the group, stampinlizzi.

I got 6 cards made today.... all the same design. Not too happy with it. I accomplished a lot today. Too bad I still have clothes to fold. At least they're clean.

We've been having nice temps lately. Supposed to be in the 30's all week. I sure don't miss those subzero temps.
Wow, I am impressed - I am so bad I did 3 loads of laundry yesterday and today they picked through it to get what they wanted, I placed it all on a table - I am so bad! Hey but everyone had clean clothes! HA
Old 01-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #102
Gabfest Goddess

Sue, CONGRATS! The 4 lbs. that is great! I need to get motivated I have to get my act together!

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Hugs
Michele
Old 01-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #103
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Monday morning. It was zero degrees when I took my daughter to school at 7 am. Tomorrow we're going to have a heatwave of 40!!! And it will feel warm, I'm sure.

Lizzi - welcome! This is a wonderful group of ladies.

SUE!!! I am jealous - congrats on that weight loss. That is awesome.

Debbie - you accomplished a lot. I'm been crafting but that means nothing else really gets done. I'm trying to keep up with the laundry, cooking and kitchen. All I really want to do is craft!!!!

Hope everyone has a great Monday.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #104
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinLizzi View Post
Hello to all.

Welcome! So happy you found this thread.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #105
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss, but I'm feeling very low today and not sure I'll be able to keep it up. I haven't exercised today, and don't want to. I just want to sleep. Don't want to do anything. I don't know if this is hormonal or what, but I don't want to sink down again. I've been doing so well lately. Please pray for me?

Hugs,
Sue
Old 01-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue- I am thinking about you! Take care my friend.

Joan
Old 01-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #107
Gabfest Goddess

Sue praying for you!

Joan, I couldn't imagine those temperatures, but glad you enjoyed it!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #108
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue - you bet I'll be praying for you. All of a sudden, I feel like sleeping today too. Tiredness hit me all of a sudden - like a brick wall.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #109
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue, you have to remember you need to take at least 1-2 days off from exercising. Your body needs that time to recuperate. I'm down 2 lbs. so far this month. I'm behind my goal of 1 lb. a week. Staying the same is better than gaining. The best rate of losing is 1-2 lbs. per week.

Vince climbed up on the roof and broke up some of the ice. So now I get to go and make a path through the ice just like I did the other day with the snow. It's not going to be pretty around here when it starts melting. If I don't get rid of some of that huge pile of snow, we're going to have a flooded basement. Not cool. I'm tempted to put up a big target of something or someone I don't like and throw snowballs at it. That will be one way of getting rid of the snow. Maybe I should go door-to- door and start meeting some of the kids in the neighborhoods around my place. We can all throw snowballs into the lot next door. Wish you all lived close by so we can have fun together. We had another nice day. It's 37.

Tomorrow's my interview at the library. Please send positive thoughts my way. I would really like to have the children's librarian job.

I've procrastinated enough. Better go take care of that ice.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss, but I'm feeling very low today and not sure I'll be able to keep it up. I haven't exercised today, and don't want to. I just want to sleep. Don't want to do anything. I don't know if this is hormonal or what, but I don't want to sink down again. I've been doing so well lately. Please pray for me?

Hugs,
Sue

Dear sweet Sue, so sorry you are struggling. Praying God gives you a very special loving touch from Him as only He can. Sending much love and hugs.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #111
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAD TO SHARE THIS CHUCKLE....

This lady, a resident of a retirement community, was asked to give the invocation at a dinner/convention of retirement community managers. She does so, then decides to add a few words of her own as a part of her invocation.

This is really funny. For all of us who are over 65 and even for those who are not.

A Reminder That Laughter is the Best Medicine | CaregiverStress.com
Old 01-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #112
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Cat. That was a good one.

How is everyone today? You're all being very quiet.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

I am thinking about all my long distance friends. Take care.

Joan
Old 01-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #114
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

We are getting walloped with more snow. School was closed today. I was surprised but they made the right call. We had a lull from 1-3 and then it started raining and sleeting. Snow started again around 7 - we have at least six more inches on the ground. The dogs couldn't go out the doggie door. YIKES! School is on a two-hour delay right now. They'll make a final decision tomorrow morning between 7 and 7:30. YIKES.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #115
Stazon Splitcoast

It's very rare that they close schools here because of the weather. If they did, our kids would never be in school.

Snow is trying to melt here. During the day we have a small river flowing down our driveway; some of it is coming from the backyard. At night, it's one huge sheet of ice.

I was sitting here earlier watching the deer in the neighbor's yard. There were about 8 of them. Vince went out the back door to try to get a picture of them (too dark) and when he went around the corner, there was a deer in our driveway. It ran to the front of the house and stopped under my bedroom window. I had as much fun watching everyone drive by and seeing the brake lights come on. Surprised there wasn't an accident. Some jerk came along and pulled over, tooted his horn at them, then went chasing after them. They weren't bothering anyone, and they were watching traffic go by. It's the first time I've seen them this early in the day. They usually show up in the middle of the night when Timber seems to be bothered by them. he didn't even know they were there tonight or he's so used them now that he doesn't care. I'm kind of leaning towards the latter.

I had my job interview yesterday. Do you know how hard it is to see people come in to be interviewed for the same position? I'm not enjoying it one bit, because it reinforces the fact I have a very slim chance of getting the job. Oh, well. God will do what is best for me. If He wants me to have the job, He'll make sure I get it.

Hope you all have a great evening.

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Old 01-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #116
Stazon Splitcoast

praying for all the easterners.
Debbie- We often have deer in our backyard in the early morning. We live in the city. I don't like them in the summer. They eat all my veggies before I get to tehm.

Joan
Old 01-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #117
Mad Swapper

hello friends! sorry i have mia ---been busy at work and have a long list of to do's to do! sue, don't be so hard on yourself. one day at a time--with God as your leader.

sorry so short--need to catch up on some much needed sleep.

i pray for all of your unspoken prayers and needs everyday.

love to all!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #118
Pearl-ExPert

Thought I'd better let you ladies know that my 'down' was only for a day. Things are fine now. Had a very good day today. Thanks for your prayers.

Tired and ready for bed........

Hugs,
Sue
Old 01-27-2011, 05:57 AM   #119
Polyshrink Goddess

HEY EVERYONE

REMEMBER ME!!!!

SUE I AM GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER, AND CONGRATS ON THE 4 LBS...LOSING WEIGHT IS HARD!!!!!

CAT I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER...

SCRAPPINLIZZIE WELCOME.....

SNOW SEEMS TO BE THE WORD LATELY...AND I DO NOT HAVE TO REMIND YOU HOW MUCH I HATE IT....MY DAD IS DOING WONDERFUL, SEEMS TO BE HAPPY, WELL FEED. ALTHOUGTH HE STILL HAS PROBLEMS WITH HIS LEGS/BALANCE....BUT TOUCH WOOD HE HAS NOT FALLEN IN QUITE AWHILE....I HAVE LOST 31 LBS, WITH ONLY 15 LEFT TO GO...I FEEL GOOD AT 31, BUT MY DR WANTS ME TO LOSE ANOTHER 15....MY DH IS WORKING A LOT OF HRS, THEY ARE SO BUSY AT WORK...HE DID BUY ME AN NEW ENGAGEMENT RING AFTER CHRISTMAS, A BEAUTIFUL 1 1/4 CARET SOLITARE....JUST LOVELY....ANYWAY MY LIFE IS PRETTY BORING, OTHER THAN REDECORATING AROUND THE HOUSE....I WAS THINKING I MIGHT TAKE A FEW COURSES, NOT SURE WHAT I WANT TO DO YET....

I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL AND HAPPY...I HAVE BEEN LURKING AND THROWING IN MY 2 CENTS FROM NOW AND AGAIN... THANKS YOU ALL FOR BEING MY FRIEND...IT REALLY HELPS TO KNOW YOU ARE THEIR FOR ME...

BLESSINGS
LINDA
Old 01-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #120
Pearl-ExPert

Linda ~ 31 lbs....That's fantastic! Congratulations!!!!! I'm so glad you and your DH are getting along better, and that your dad is doing well. You sound great! Are you feeling better physically?

Hugs,
Sue