Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 06:06 AM   #881
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Yikes, Sue, so sorry but so grateful to the Lord that you got to the hospital when you did. Please, please take extra good care of yourself. Sending tons of love, hugs and prayers.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #882
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue, I like how you had to wait for emergency surgery. Glad it all worked out for you and you're home in your own bed. Makes recovery faster, in my opinion.

Joan, some of us prayed something like that yesterday just before we started our big event. It got us through a very beautiful day.

We had close to 1400 people at our celebration yesterday. We started at noon and DS told me they just put the last 80 burgers on the grill. That was at 1:00. We started with 1000 burgers and 360 hot dogs. Vince went to the store to get 200 more burgers. He got a little carried away. We ended up having way too much hamburger left. Good thing they didn't cook all of them. We had an awesome day. The weather was perfect. Proof that prayer is powerful. No mishaps or fights again this year. God takes care of that for us, too. Our beer distributor donated a huge beach ball for a raffle prize. We decided it would be fun to blow it up and let the kids play with it first. It took about an hour to fill that baby up. It's only 5 feet in diameter. Once it was filled it was all over the park. The kids had a ball with it; no pun intended. I guess a couple old ladies didn't like it because the ball had the Budwieser logo on it, but what can I say? It was free. We decided to keep the ball for next year. It was entertaining listening to the music and wathcing the kids play with that beach ball. I can't believe it didn't pop. It did develop a slow leak but that just made it easier to crawl onto it. I had no idea how many people were going to volunteer to serve the food. I ended up with more than enough so I was free to wander around a lot and visit with groups of people. Their gratitude made all the exhausting preliminary work more than worth it. The monetary and raffle donations were unbelievable. Even after bundling a lot of the raffle prizes together we had enough for 15 drawings. Most of them were worth over $100 each. A couple may have been worth closer to $200 and we sell the tickets for $1. We keep it that low so people who can't afford much were able to have a chance of winning. We has some Canadians again this year. And I found out we had a couple from Great Britain. I wish I had known earlier so I could have visited with them. DS didn't think to come find us. They took a picture of DS and one of the other cooks and joked with them about the Brits playing a part in our Independence Day celebration. So far, that I know of, we have had visitors from Norway, Australia, Sweden, Great Britain and, of course, Canada (we're only 40 miles from the border). Next year, I'll have to have my BIL ask if there are any foreign visitors. BIL takes care of the music. We had a great mix of music. Nothing obnoxious. I might have to get a guest book or two for future years and have people sign it while they wait their turn in the food line. Why didn't I think of that before? Maybe I should start making them for next year. I'm sure glad I have all of you to brainstorm with. I guess I better start unpacking the boxes and see what I have left. I still have all the dirty dishes to wash. I didn't feel like cleaning untl midnight. By the way, I walked almost 7 miles yesterday. I'd say I got my exercise.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #883
Polyshrink Goddess

Sue, please, please, do what the Dr. says and take care of yourself! BTW, my birthday card got here early in fact...my birthday is tomorrow, the 6th ! And I loved the card. Thanks so much for remembering!
Well, I'm moved, but far from settled. Boxes are still everywhere. When I moved, I dug up the perennials I had planted (we had the whole back of the pickup filled!) and so my first concern was getting them planted. Well, my friend's huband came and tilled a half-moon area for me, so they are all in the ground. Now comes working on the house. Most of the stuff is unpacked and put in a temporary spot, and I've got window treatments up on all of the windows except the living room. So bear with me, I'm here, but still not spending much time on the computer. Hugs!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #884
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- you sure had a glorious day!
Deb- You are making it your home quickly. Happy Birthday a day early.

Joan
Old 07-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #885
Stazon Splitcoast

Enjoy your new home, Deb. Sheri is the same way. She will never move in the winter because she can't dig up her plants and take them with her. Too much money and tlc to leave them behind.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #886
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsebroad View Post
Sue, please, please, do what the Dr. says and take care of yourself! BTW, my birthday card got here early in fact...my birthday is tomorrow, the 6th ! And I loved the card. Thanks so much for remembering!
Well, I'm moved, but far from settled. Boxes are still everywhere. When I moved, I dug up the perennials I had planted (we had the whole back of the pickup filled!) and so my first concern was getting them planted. Well, my friend's huband came and tilled a half-moon area for me, so they are all in the ground. Now comes working on the house. Most of the stuff is unpacked and put in a temporary spot, and I've got window treatments up on all of the windows except the living room. So bear with me, I'm here, but still not spending much time on the computer. Hugs!
Deb ~ I know your BD is the 6th, but I swear I just mailed that card this morning!!! How is that possible? Wow! Well, have an awesome day tomorrow. You deserve it!

Hugs,
Sue
Old 07-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #887
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks everyone for your prayers of healing. I'm feeling better all the time, although I CAN still tell when my pain meds are wearing off. I took my first shower today. It was so nice to be clean again! Lordy, I hadn't washed my hair in six days!

I need to google I.V. removal, because it feels like there may be a tube or something left in my arm from the I.V. Anyone ever had anything like that? It doesn't hurt, but is very strange to feel when I run my fingers across it.

Better get to bed soon.

Hugs,
Sue
Old 07-06-2011, 06:47 AM   #888
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEB!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #889
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Thanks everyone for your prayers of healing. I'm feeling better all the time, although I CAN still tell when my pain meds are wearing off. I took my first shower today. It was so nice to be clean again! Lordy, I hadn't washed my hair in six days!

I need to google I.V. removal, because it feels like there may be a tube or something left in my arm from the I.V. Anyone ever had anything like that? It doesn't hurt, but is very strange to feel when I run my fingers across it.

Better get to bed soon.

Hugs,
Sue

Sue, grateful to the Lord that you are feeling better and trusting for more to come.

As for the IV, you may have some scare tissue that has formed. You might want to give the doctor a call just to be sure that it is nothing to worry about.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #890
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEB!!

Sue, glad you're feeling better. It might not be anything, but I'd ask your doctor if it's possible the very tip of the IV broke off.

I have a couple errands for to finish up the 4th's celebration. I can rest until we have our volunteer pizza party. Not sure when to do that. Thinking of having it on teh 20th which is Vince's birthday, but it's also the first day of the fair. I wish someone would send me the housecleaning fairy. I have neglected my house for way too long. And I still have to go do some cleaning for Dad before my sister gets here Friday. I guess my great nephew is being baptized on Sunday, but my niece hasn't said a word to me about it, so I guess I'm not invited. This is not getting anything done. Later.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #891
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEB!!

Sue, glad you're feeling better. It might not be anything, but I'd ask your doctor if it's possible the very tip of the IV broke off.

I have a couple errands for to finish up the 4th's celebration. I can rest until we have our volunteer pizza party. Not sure when to do that. Thinking of having it on teh 20th which is Vince's birthday, but it's also the first day of the fair. I wish someone would send me the housecleaning fairy. I have neglected my house for way too long. And I still have to go do some cleaning for Dad before my sister gets here Friday. I guess my great nephew is being baptized on Sunday, but my niece hasn't said a word to me about it, so I guess I'm not invited. This is not getting anything done. Later.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #892
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry for the double post. Computer is playing games with me.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:20 AM   #893
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday DEB!

Sue- I would call the dr office about the bump. Take it easy.
Debbie- You are one very busy lady. Sorry that your niece didn't invite you. Maybe, she is like my in-laws, they just assume you know! The messy house will always be there.

Joan
Old 07-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #894
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Birthday Deb!

Hugs,
Sue
Old 07-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #895
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, you're right about my niece. Everyone in my family assumes I know everything going on. In fact, they are in town this week and I haven't hade a chance to go see them. Their class reunion is this coming weekend. Now that things are settled down some around here, I have a chance to go to my brother's and see the kids.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:04 AM   #896
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- hope things workout with your niece.

I am so proud of myself. We have had a neighborhood issue since we moved here in 1977. There is a boulevard that was never mowed. So every couple of weeks my DH or a neighbor would mow. The sidewalk rarely got shoveled in the winter. We have all called the city and the railroad many times. Of course, each one said the other was responsible. On Saturday, I was on my walk. The aide to out city councilman stopped to talk. I told him the situation. I e-mailed him all the info. Yesterday, I had an e-mail with four attachments. The city maintenance was not aware that they were supposed to take care of the area. However, the last entry stated the city will be coming out to mow and shovel. I guess going to an elected official actually worked.
Sorry for the long post!

Joan
Old 07-07-2011, 05:54 AM   #897
Pearl-ExPert

Joan ~ Way to be assertive! Good job! You should be the Queen on the neighborhood now.

Hugs,
Sue
Old 07-07-2011, 06:17 AM   #898
Gabfest Goddess

Deb, happy birthday!! Sorry I am late!

Sue, glad you are out of the hospital - hope your on the mend.

Joan - you go girl, I agree with Sue you should be Queen now!

Cat - hope your doing well, thinking of you!

Gramma, I agree with Joan - could it be they assume you know. I don't know your family, but if it is something you would like to go to - can you ask someone? This way you know for sure?

Hugs to everyone!
Michele
Old 07-07-2011, 07:07 AM   #899
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, I'll go to the baptism anyway. My niece can be somewhat of an airhead at times. Everyone assumes if they told if they told one member of the family, everyone else knows about it. And a little of it's my fault,too, for not seeing much of my family who lives here. The door does swing both ways.

Joan, I'm so glad talking to an elected official helped you. My BIL is the president of our city council and we can't get a straight answer from him or anyone else. Vince told one councilman that he wanted to know what exactly was in an ordinance and he couldn't seem to tell Vince anything because he couldn't seem to find it. Neither could any other member or the mayor. The one Vince first asked told him to look it up online. Never could find the ordinance because we don't know what it falls under or the ordinance number. No one wants to run for the council because they don't want to be associated with the bad name some of members have given it. I could go on and on but I won't. A couple people tried to get Vince to run in ward but there is no way he could deal with the stress. You would not believe the petty stuff people call and complain about.

Have a great day, everyone. It's another beautiful sunny day here. I'm trying to get my office/craft room cleaned up so I can make a new mess
Old 07-08-2011, 06:30 AM   #900
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Couldn't agree with you more. I am on a volunteer community board. We meet once a month and listen to businesses and neighbors concerns. Most of the time the board can get them steered in the right direction. However, as you can see... I was unable to get through the red tape that way. I know many of the elected officials very well. They know me too.
Glad you are going to the baptism. I am sure they expect you!

Hi everyone else... I think about you all daily. Praying for you all!

Joan
Old 07-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #901
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies! Thank you for all the birthday wishes, and Sue, thank you for the TWO cards! They are BOTH beautiful!
Just came in from planting some more plants. I took my girlfriend to Des Moines yesterday to the Dr., and there was a big greenhouse with everything half off, so of course, we had to stop!
Sue, I hope you're feeling better.
Joan, way to go! And you went to the right place. The councilmen are supposed to be a representative of the people in their district, and this one obviously takes his job seriously.
Debbie, I'm glad you decided to go ahead and go to the baptism. It is the right thing to do. Also, congrats on another successful 4th of July! I hope everyone appreciates the work and effort you put into it.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:24 AM   #902
Stazon Splitcoast

Deb- Hope you are enjoying your new place. I went out to divide the hosta. I cut my fingers. So I guess they will have to wait.

Have a great weekend and week! I'll be thinking of everyone!

Joan
Old 07-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #903
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsebroad View Post
Hi Ladies! Thank you for all the birthday wishes, and Sue, thank you for the TWO cards! They are BOTH beautiful!
Just came in from planting some more plants. I took my girlfriend to Des Moines yesterday to the Dr., and there was a big greenhouse with everything half off, so of course, we had to stop!
Sue, I hope you're feeling better.
Joan, way to go! And you went to the right place. The councilmen are supposed to be a representative of the people in their district, and this one obviously takes his job seriously.
Debbie, I'm glad you decided to go ahead and go to the baptism. It is the right thing to do. Also, congrats on another successful 4th of July! I hope everyone appreciates the work and effort you put into it.
Deb ~ I don't remember sending you TWO cards. I must really be a goofball! I only remember sending the gray and pink one. What else did I send you? I know I hurried after getting home from the hospital, hoping you'd get the card in time. Did you?

Well, whatever I did, you're worth TWO cards!

Hugs,
Sue
Old 07-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #904
Stazon Splitcoast

Off on vacation in the morning.... I'll check in when I get back!

Joan
Old 07-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #905
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Off on vacation in the morning.... I'll check in when I get back!

Have a super great time!!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #906
Stazon Splitcoast

Have fun, Joan. I have to go back to work tomorrow. Yuk!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:51 AM   #907
Gabfest Goddess

Joan, ENJOY!!

Well I got word from my sister that my nephew is doing really well at boot camp - says he misses home just a little but he is doing well and lost 10 lbs - but he didn't need to lose weight so they are working him! We also may get to go see him graduate. I am so very excited at the thought - that would be nice to see - I am so proud of him.

I have been in a funk big time, DH tells me house will be done by end of next week it is always just such a mess no matter what I do and I am frustrated. . . So he put up the outside tent thing - and hoping I am in the mood for some family time tonight, maybe do a fire and get me out of my room (been hiding in the bedroom).

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #908
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, the family thing sounds like fun. Sounds like something you need right now. Yesterday we plotted out a big flower bed in the middle of the upper level in the backyard. We want to get perennials growing there. We can't seem to get grass to come back on the lower level, so Vince is putting down some slate. We hope to have that part done by next week when we have our volunteer appreciation party. It won't do any good for me to try to help since he knows what he's doing and I don't. Hopefully, we'll have the backyard in shape for the next art/garden tour in two years. They wanted to use our yard this year, but we had nothing ready.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #909
Gabfest Goddess

Debbie the flowers sound so nice! I have one section that I should dig out the weeds and then plant some flowers the old owner had a raised little bed. . . It is by where we put up the tent too. the flowers can really liven up the joint! I know your area will look beautiful!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #910
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm at work and have one more hour left. The circulation computers crashed. My laptop is slow. And I think it's all because someone is on his own playing some kind of game that's messing up everyone's computers. Every time the computers act up it seems he's in here playing the same game. I'll have a few books to check in in the morning. Yes!! One of the computers came back online. Now to get the other one up. Got to go.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #911
Pearl-ExPert

Default Prayer Request

Please pray for my niece and her baby son (the one in my avatar). The doctors have noticed some things that may indicate a neurological disorder (such as cerebral palsy). She is beside herself with fear, worrying whether or not something is wrong with him. He's only three months old. I think they want to wait a little while before doing any testing. I'm sure it's very hard for her not knowing. She was crying uncontrollably when she called me today.

Hugs,
Sue
Old 07-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #912
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Please pray for my niece and her baby son (the one in my avatar). The doctors have noticed some things that may indicate a neurological disorder (such as cerebral palsy). She is beside herself with fear, worrying whether or not something is wrong with him. He's only three months old. I think they want to wait a little while before doing any testing. I'm sure it's very hard for her not knowing. She was crying uncontrollably when she called me today.

Hugs,
Sue
Oh Sue, my heart hurts reading this. Cannot imagine what your niece is going through but asking the Lord to truly intervene as only He can. May God shower down His love, mercy, grace, comfort, encouragement, faithfulness and peace. Please keep us updated and if you think a card would be appropriate to send, let us know. Sending much love and hugs.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:01 AM   #913
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Hugs,
Sue
Sue lifting up your niece and nephew. . . Praying for God to touch him and for her to feel and know the peace that passes understanding. . I know these are trying days for them - asking God to surround them with the perfect people to assist them during the wait and praying and trusting God for his Mercy, Goodness and thanking him for going before us and for the things he is already doing that we can not yet see with our eyes. HUGS
Old 07-14-2011, 03:04 AM   #914
Gabfest Goddess

Oh the new carpet is in and I LOVE IT!!! It did perk up the whole house so with the paint and carpeting and new furniture (new couch was a gift from a Pastor my sister knows) I am so pleased - hopefully next week while DD is at Christian camp, I can clear out clutter from craft room and use those closets for real storage and get some other organizing done. We got rid of a good amount and now DH sees he is willing to part with more too - he is starting to agree with "less is more"

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Michele
Old 07-14-2011, 07:19 AM   #915
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue, I'm so sorry to hear about the baby. I'll be adding my prayers for your family.

Michele, it must almost feel like you're in a new home. I'm happy for you.

We've had a couple of thunderstorms this week. Lost power for almost 4 hours last night. I'm better off it it goes off after I'm already asleep. I don't sleep well at all when I know Vince can't use the CPAP. He has backup oxygen tanks but they only last about 4 hours. When the power came back on, Timber went downstairs to wake up Vince. I think he was just checking to make sure he was okay. The sun is shining now and I think it's going to be another hot day. I need to get myself more organized this morning so I can walk to work this afternoon. After all that walking I did on the 4th and the relay, I lost a couple pounds. Need to keep it up.

Have a great day everyone. If you're troubled, remember the power of prayer.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #916
Gabfest Goddess

Debbie, I love the fur babies - they sound so smart and Timber always sounds like a joy or that is how I read it. The walking really helps me too today is weigh in we will see how I do but lost a few last week would love to do the same again today!

Hope everyone has a great day! Tomorrow is a 1/2 day I am really looking forward to that and then DD leaves on Sunday - watch by Tuesday I will be pining for her! lol

Hugs,
Michele
Old 07-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #917
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, the fur babies are pretty smart. Sometimes too smart for their own good. At least Timber hasn't tried opening the gate like Koda used to if we were on the wrong side of the fence too long. I didn't walk to work after all. The sky started turning black and I didn't feel like walking a mile in the rain. When it was too late to start walking, the sky cleared up; it would have been a perfect day for that walk to and from work. I'll give it a try tomorrow afternoon.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:05 AM   #918
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi ladies!! I hope things are going well with all of you. I've read a few posts and will try to catch up soon............ Sue, I'm glad you went to the ER when you did---such a long wait for surgery......... it sounds like you're doing well. Hugs to everyone else! I will pop in hopefuly in a few days.

Hugs!!
Old 07-15-2011, 06:54 AM   #919
Gabfest Goddess

Good to see you post! Hope you are doing well!

Debbie, another day for walking! Funny how that works though. . . I didn't walk before work this a.m. too tired. . So will walk tomorrow a.m. Furbabies are just so smart!

So proud of DD she went to a birthday party and it was a sleepover she called us at 3 A.M. and told DH she wanted to come home ends up pot at the party and DD said that's not what she was about and just left. . She said some additional pressure came but she said it's not for her. So proud, we were so proud of her!!

Hugs to all!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #920
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, so proud of you DD for not giving into the peer pressure.

We're having a pizza party for everyone who helped out on the 4th. We also invite their families and so far we have almost 60 people coming! I sure hope it doesn't rain Tuesday because my house istn't big enough for that many people and 2 dogs. That's a lot of pizza. Maybe some of them won't show. And that's just from the people we were able to contact. I do have to confess that there are 3 volunteers I didn't invite. Mostly because of the dogs for 2 of them. They both have some major medical problems and to be honest, I don't have the energy to worry about them. The third one is someone I don't want to know where I live. I know I'm not being very Christian about the whole thing, but sometimes a person has to draw lines somewhere.

I guess if I'm going to walk to work, I better get my stuff together. Have a great day.