Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #41
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Oh yeah.......and I got my TAC order in the mail today!!! Wow! It WAS a great day!!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:28 AM   #42
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Hi ladies!

We are expected to get 3-6" of snow tonight and tomorrow. That's sort of a lot for us (quit laughing, you northerners!). Luckily, we finally got our gas log installed in the fireplace today. So, if the power goes out and we have to run on the generator, we can stay warm (in one room at least) with the fireplace. We don't have a generator big enough to run the geothermal heat/ac system.

I got a pedicure today (only the 2nd in my life). It was nice. They gave me complimentary wine (I had 2 glasses!), and a paraffin dip too. My toe nails are dark chocolate brown now......not that anyone but DH will see them. LOL Makes me feel good though.

Went to stamp camp tonight too. So, today was a very good day. Tomorrow is a lazy day at home, watching it snow and drinking hot cocoa. Mmmm!

Sweet dreams to all!

Hugs,
Sue
AHHHHHH...PEDICURE HOW I MISS THEM....SUE IF YOU LIVED CLOSER I WOULD GIVE YOU ALL THE PARAFFIN DIPS YOU WANTED FOR FREE.... WITH ALL THE SNOW WE HAD ALL MY BUSHES ARE BROKEN IN MY YARD.....SO SO SAD.....HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY...

BLESSINGS
LINDA
Old 01-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #43
Gabfest Goddess

Snow, Snow, Snow - they say we can get up to 20 inches!!! Gee so glad for the snow blower for DH! HA I told him don't even look at me I don't do snow!

Thank you for all the kind words I am doing better - church was good on Sunday! DD is doing well, she and her friends are learning about relationships and the healing that needed to take place, I believe it is starting so that is very good. She is thrilled with the snow cause she snowboards and is very good at it. We went to the high school to check it out they had an open house it was fun. She was one of the few kids there I just can't leave her at home DH had to work. But they allowed her and it was a good night.

I got some new stamps from Our Daily Bread and just love them, was coloring some last night but need to play more I gotta get a certain butterfly just right!

Hope everyone stays warm and cozy! But the good news for me is, I will work from home unless work closes then I will just be home!

Hugs
Michele

Last edited by redwood17; 01-11-2011 at 09:43 AM..
Old 01-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue- Yep! I have never had a pedicure. I am afraid. Have fun with your order.
Michele- I know what you mean about SNOW. It is a bit much! AHHHH New stamps.
Linda- Take care my northern friend. How is dad doing?
Old 01-12-2011, 06:27 AM   #45
Gabfest Goddess

Oh ladies, we did good just got about 10 inches or so, and good news I get to work from home today, lunch will consist of some stamping! ))) So in sweats, t.v. on and typing and making meetings on boss' calendars. Life is good!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #46
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Sounds like a good day!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #47
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Sue, the ps was very funny - nothing against the Packers just thought the tease was funny! Since my Giants are so out of it I am now rooting for the Jets, DH is a huge Jets fan and they won by the skin of their teeth. Well that's how they usually do it in either situation good or bad. I always say with them you have to watch the last 2 minutes of the game, lol Oh and I dislike the Eagles VERY much!!
Trying to catch up (again) on this thread. Just have to totally agree with this. I don't look football much anyway, but I can't stand the Eagles. And it is all around me. I'm so glad that got out early so I don't have to listen to all the hype anymore!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #48
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

We got some of that snow, too. I think only about 5 inches. Not too bad. Woke up to sunshine this morning so that was even better! School delayed for two hours which was the right call. Roads were clear and they kids don't have to make up the day now!

I was planning to work on laundry and stamp. I've only done the laundry. I might try to get into my stamp room soon. I still have more cleaning up to do before I start any new projects. I got a lot done on Sunday but haven't been in there since. I'm cleaning up after making a recipe scrapbook for one of my god-daughters.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

Another snowy day in MN. We got about 4 inches of light fluffy white stuff.

Hoping everyone is well!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #50
Gabfest Goddess

Ahhh, I am sick - I think I have bronchitis - yuck!!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

Michelle, you have to get well soon.

It's been snowing off and on the last couple days. Not much; probably a total of 1 inch so I can't complain too much. It's been so cold here that we think 7į is warm. I'm tired of the snow and the cold. I have a 4-day weekend so I'll probably hibernate the whole time. I got the tax tests I need to take done and passed so I'm officially certified to volunteer my time to do taxes again this year. I finally got smart and limited my free time for them. We haven't even started and I'm already tired of the tax season. IRS hasn't sent the library all the forms yet and we've been getting a lot of people in looking for them. We keep telling them we'll get them when we get them. In the meantime, you can print them off the website. Because of some changes in the tax law that didn't pass until December, everything is kind of on hold. You can't even begin e-filing until after tomorrow. If anyone is itemizing deductions or has any education credits coming, be advised that you cannot begin filing your taxes until mid- to late February. They have to get the changes into their system and make sure everything works ok. That goes for paper filing or e-filing. You can check out the IRS website to get the latest news on that.

I need to go warm up. Take care.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #52
Gabfest Goddess

Ah, I have bronchitis and the flu! Yuck
Old 01-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #53
Pearl-ExPert

Poor Michele! Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,
Sue
Old 01-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #54
Stazon Splitcoast

Get well soon, Michelle.

I had a devil of a time logging in tonight. I'm usually not logged off and don't know how I did get logged off. Then it didn't like my login info. After half a dozen tries, I finally got logged back in.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:29 AM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- I know what you mean. When the boys redid my computer. I couldn't remember any of my passwords. Wow it took me awhile to reset them for most the sites i frequent.
Michele- Hope you are doing better, today!

Happy Saturday too all!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #56
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Ah, I have bronchitis and the flu! Yuck

Double Yuck! Healing hugs coming your way.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #57
Stazon Splitcoast

The irritating thing is, I checked the remember me box so i'm always logged in on this site. I don't know why I got logged off. My Norton also keeps track of my logins for me. The most irritating part was I was logging in with the correct info over and over before it accepted it. I was having the same problem with another site just a few minutes ago. Only that site won't give me the sign in box, just the sign up box. I gave up on that one. I really didn't need to go there anyway.

I'm sitting here still in my pj's and it's already after 11 am. I guess it's time to shower and get dressed. So much for getting a whole lot done today. Good thing I'm on a 4-day weekend. I just might get something done before work Tuesday morning. Speaking of work, my interview for the children's librarian position I applied for before Chirstmas is set for Jan. 25.

Have a good weekend, everyone.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

Here I am... It is 12:30 Am. I just can't sleep. My mind is going a million miles an hour. I have tried all the normal ways to calm myself. I am now listening to classical music. That some times helps. DH is still at the church cleaning. I was tired so I didn't go. So much for sleeping. Hope the rest of you are having a better night sleep.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #59
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies, it's been awhile....remember me???
Debbie, the same thing happened with my computer. I opened it to here by chance just now, and I was logged off! So I haven't gotten any messages, notices, etc. Boy that torks me!
Michelle are you better?? Hope so. Healing thoughts and prayers going out to all the sick members. I haven't caught up, so I have to make a blanket statement.
Life has been very busy here in Iowa. Snow, wrenched knees, DS has girlfriend and step-mom problems and is here ALL THE TIME! He's laid off right now but does get unemployment. The company he works for lays off the ones with enuf time to qualify for unemployment, and the ones who don't have enuf time push snow.
I got roped into being a co-leader for the urban 4-H club that has been started up - they are all doing scrapbooking, so it's a great time for me to catch up with mine.
I also am doing a lot of knitting - I'm graduated from dishclothes to scarves, hats, and more. I'm taking a class to do socks.
Gee, too bad I don't have anything to do.
Oh, I'm going to upload a card that I made for a baby shower. It's a really cute idea I cased. You'll have to check it out!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #60
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, did you finally get some sleep?

Michelle, hope you feel better soon.

Deb, good to see you. Are you as tired of the snow as I am? Our forecast for today calls for some freezing rain, but so far haven't seen it. Not that I'm complaining. We're supposed to have a high of 27 but I don't think it's going to make it. At least it's above zero. I wish our summers would last as long as our winters. I still love the changes of the seasons, which is usually a couple days of spring and fall, and summer and winter the rest of the time.

HUGS to all of you.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #61
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls!

Deb - I think you need MORE to keep you busy! OH my goodness - how do you do it all?

Joan - I hear you on the sleep issues - hope you got some last night.

Michele - feel better. Stuff is certainly going around. YUCK!

Gramma - I didn't realize that about the IRS stuff. We never file very early - I'm usually pushing DH to get it done on time! I don't think we have much of our tax info yet anyway.

I woke up with low back pain and the most comfortable place to be was my bed with a heating pad. Unfortunately, I kept falling sleeps. So, tonight, I'll be the one wide awake.

We have sunshine and slightly warmer temps here today - at least it is above freezing! It looks like we could have some interesting weather Monday night into Tuesday.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #62
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally fell asleep at 3AM when Dh came home from cleaning the church. I felt guilty for not going to help. Today was a busy day. I went to a bridal shower for my friend's daughter. I made 12 thank you cards using the Textured Manhattan flower. I made them in Ivory with chocolate thank you stamped on them. I also made a set of cards using SU Sketches. She seemed very happy. The family also gave her money. (well because the 2 boys couldn't give I gave enough for the 3 of us). After the shower Dh and I went to visit DS and DGD. She is almost walking and has 1 tooth. DIL had a migraine headache again. Seems like every time we go over she has one. Oh well I got to spend time playing with my DGD. That is all I care about any way.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #63
Gabfest Goddess

Hugs dear friends, I hope everyone is doing well. I am off until Wednesday so that is good just taking the time to rest. Thinking of each of you!

HUGS
Old 01-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #64
Stazon Splitcoast

Dh and I have the next three days off. What to do? Dh and I are having a disagreement. He thinks we should stay home. I think we should run away. I don't really care where! I hope I win out! I need to be some where different.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm with you, Joan. Runaway for a couple of days. I wish I had done that this past weekend when I had 4 days off but it's just too cold and too much snow to even want to go outside. It was a bit warmer today but had 3-4 more inches of snow dumped on us last night. Vince ran the snowblower in the front just before I got home from work. We went and had lunch, then I ran the snowblower in the back. It was a lot easier to do the back driveway with his truck out of there. Usually, I'm trying to either shovel or run the snowblower around his truck. It wouldn't be too bad except that the back driveway and the back sidewalk are on a hill. Of course, the ice under the snow doesn't help one bit.

I'm supposed to be studying instead of being here. Guess I better get back to it.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #66
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- Be careful with all that shoveling.

If you guys don't see me much over the next few days, you'll know I won this round. Have a great week.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #67
Gabfest Goddess

Joan, hope you win that one! I feel the itch to go somewhere too, I need a mommy trip somewhere. I am thinking a fun weekend somewhere just by myself would be super fun, DD would probably have a cow though. But really feeling like I want to do something totally just for me! I can never decide what to save up for and go for a weekend! Cabin fever is setting in now - but will go to work tomorrow - hoping that goes well. Praying for the strength to get through it!

Everyone keep safe and warm!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #68
Stazon Splitcoast

Heading off the sleep. I only worked one day this week.
Have a great week!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:38 AM   #69
Polyshrink Goddess

Good morning! Thought I'd eat my ceral in front of the computer and give a shout-out. It's co-o-o-old outside! The sun is bright, but very misleading..the computer says it's O degrees.
Finished up my baby shower gift - a pair of booties, matching headband, and a box of diapers, so now I can get back to doing something I want to do. Altho I have to admit, I'm enjoying my knitting. I'm taking a sock class for the next three Thursdays.
Hope everyone is feeling better. Joanne, how's the back? And Michelle, any better? Joan, I have sleep issues all the time, and I have yet to find a solution. I had my knee flair up and of course, I can't take any antiinflammatories, so I have to take prednisone "bursts". So goodbye sleep.
Gramma, if you figure out how to make summer last longer, LET ME KNOW!!!!!!
Today is pretty quiet for me on the calendar....my girlfriend is coming over early this afternoon and we're going to see if we can get a jump on this sock thing. Then I have Wednesday school at 4:30 till 6:15, then I take tickets at the theatre at 6:30. But the rest of the week is full, and then Joan, I head up to your fair city on Sunday for a couple days. Ain't life grand!
Hugs to all!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #70
Mad Swapper

I can't find your card in the gallery. ;o(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsebroad View Post
Hi Ladies, it's been awhile....remember me???
Debbie, the same thing happened with my computer. I opened it to here by chance just now, and I was logged off! So I haven't gotten any messages, notices, etc. Boy that torks me!
Michelle are you better?? Hope so. Healing thoughts and prayers going out to all the sick members. I haven't caught up, so I have to make a blanket statement.
Life has been very busy here in Iowa. Snow, wrenched knees, DS has girlfriend and step-mom problems and is here ALL THE TIME! He's laid off right now but does get unemployment. The company he works for lays off the ones with enuf time to qualify for unemployment, and the ones who don't have enuf time push snow.
I got roped into being a co-leader for the urban 4-H club that has been started up - they are all doing scrapbooking, so it's a great time for me to catch up with mine.
I also am doing a lot of knitting - I'm graduated from dishclothes to scarves, hats, and more. I'm taking a class to do socks.
Gee, too bad I don't have anything to do.
Oh, I'm going to upload a card that I made for a baby shower. It's a really cute idea I cased. You'll have to check it out!
Journey Blooms Founding Coach #87
♥email: creativetherapy@mail.com
Old 01-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #71
Polyshrink Goddess

It's there now!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:22 AM   #72
Stazon Splitcoast

Deb- sure wish it was on a day I had off. It would be fun to meet you! I did look at your gallery. I love the pink card.
Christine- I was in your part of MN yesterday. Dh and I spent the afternoon and evening in Rochester. I fount the Hobby Lobby. What a fun place to look around. Even Dh liked it. I had to tell him it was time to go!
Hoping to convince him to drive up north to International Falls until Saturday!

Praying for all of you! Take care my dear friends.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #73
Polyshrink Goddess

Good morning Ladies! Just a quick note before I go to PT. I did get my baby shower card posted finally...takes some of us awhile. It's sunny here, but the wind chill is supposed to go to 10 to 30 below by tonite......I'm going south!!!!!!
Hope everyone is well or at least feeling better.
Christine, check your messages!
PTA is not going to be fun - my hip is really bothering me again, so I know that's where she'll work me.
Tonite I've got knitting class so I'm going to practice this afternoon. Got my booties finished and I was really happy how they turned out.
Gotta go for now. Chow!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #74
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Ladies, I am not fully caught up on posts I am feeling better though! Getting there anyway! First two days back at work not so bad, last night I was asleep before 8 and if I didn't wake up due to coughing I would have slept right through. I am hoping for a straight through the night sleep tonight!

DD went to see Spiderman on broadway. This show I heard was spectacular but Spiderman's tricks have hurt the actor and they do not have all the kinks worked out just yet. Well Spiderman flew over the audience and got caught in his wire and he was frozen and my sister told me the crowd was dead quiet and everyone was concerned for him and out of nowhere DD shouts "you can do it Spidey, you can do it" - he turns gives her a thumbs up and he undid the mess of the wires and then blew her a few kisses and went back to the stage the place broke out clapping for him and my sister said she couldn't believe the child could get a whole place going. I laughed and said "I Did" DD and I are two separate personality types that is for sure! She loved the blown kisses she told me Spidey was HOT! hahaha

I hope you each have a blessed evening!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #75
Pearl-ExPert

Michele~ How awesome is that! And what a thrill for your DD!

Hugs,
Sue
Old 01-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #76
Stazon Splitcoast

Deb, how did PT go?

Michelle, that is such a cute story. Glad you're feeling better. The cough will probably hang on for a while yet.

Sue, have you been playing with yorur Silhouette?

Our temps actually reached around 30 today. We had a chinook wind come through earlier but died down now. I hope the forecasts for more snow are wrong. We're getting real tired of it around here. Vince put a yard stick in one of the drifts next to the driveway and it showed 30 inches. It's almost as tall as the fence. It felt good to be somewhat warmer today.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #77
Gabfest Goddess

Deb, I feel like a child - I would love just enough snow to let me work from home tomorrow! My boss told me to bring home computer and just do the log in from home if it is at all messy. So feel like I am really in favor of 4 - 6 inches of snow! Nice to veg for the day in sweats and not drive in, just cause I am a little tired still but recooperating. I could do laundry and watch t.v. and keep logged in!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #78
Stazon Splitcoast

Wish I could work from home. Of course, if I would ever finish my transcription course I can work from home. I keep procrastinating on the last few lessons. I am determined to get one more lesson done this weekend so I can mail it in on Monday. My goal is to be done with it by June. Tonight is going to be play time. It's my Friday. I'm off until Monday morning. Tuesday I have my interview for the Children's Librarian position, so please send some positive thoughts my way on that day.

Off to play now.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #79
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Sue, have you been playing with yorur Silhouette?
Gramma ~ No, I haven't since the first time I used it. I've been planning to, but never get around to it. I did work on some cards today. Maybe tomorrow I'll dive in. I've been busy trying to get healthy......exercising and eating right. Hope I make my goal of losing 50 pounds this year. Hope you make your transcription course goal for June, and good luck with the interview.

Hugs,
Sue
Old 01-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #80
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue, i haven't done a whole lot of stuff on mine, either. Vince bought me some vinyl for Christmas so decided to play with it a little tonight. I cut out my name and some flowers to decorate my laptop. I just might have to cut out a bunch of hearts and put in my window.