Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 07:46 AM   #721
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Wishing all of you a very blessed Memorial Day.

So very grateful to each and every individual who gave their lives for our country, for me, my family, friends and so many others. May God truly shower His love and grace on their hurting families as they remember their loved ones who sacrificed all.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-30-2011, 09:51 AM   #722
Polyshrink Goddess

Have a good Memorial day Ladies! Please remember why we honor this day.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #723
Stazon Splitcoast

Well said, Cat.

I sure hope you all are having a warm, sunny day today. It's a cool, rainy day here. The temp is only 46. The rain stopped for a little while. At least we're not in a winter advisory like some places in Montana. I heard that one of the ski areas reopened. Don't know if that's true or not. It's crazy weather all over the country.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:08 PM   #724
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi to all my dear friends. Happy to see you whenever you grace me with your presence. I miss hearing about your life. Hugs across the miles.

Joan
Old 05-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #725
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies! It's (finally) a beautiful sunny, warm day today and boy, can I use that vitamin C! I finally came inside because I have to make placecards for my church's first tea coming up. I found a sizzix template that has a teapot and cup, so I'm using that. Distress the edges, round the corners, and call it done! Spent most of the morning looking for places available for rent - no luck so far. I'm supposed to be out by July 1. Something will come up, I know.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:35 PM   #726
Stazon Splitcoast

We have sunshine, too!! Makes for a happier me. It was getting real depressing with all that rain and no sun. Warmer weather means faster melting snow, so the state is not out of the woods yet with all the flooding.

Deb, good luck finding a place to rent. Have fun with the tea.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #727
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsebroad View Post
Hi Ladies! It's (finally) a beautiful sunny, warm day today and boy, can I use that vitamin C! I finally came inside because I have to make placecards for my church's first tea coming up. I found a sizzix template that has a teapot and cup, so I'm using that. Distress the edges, round the corners, and call it done! Spent most of the morning looking for places available for rent - no luck so far. I'm supposed to be out by July 1. Something will come up, I know.
Hi Deb, standing in Faith with you - knowing that you will find something good for a rental. Will keep you in my prayers.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #728
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope your week is going good. We have sunshine for the second day in a row. Don't know how long it's going to last so will enjoy every minute of it. It was a busy day at work today. My three hours went by so fast. I didn't even have time to do one of the projects I wanted to work on. It'll be there tomorrow. I like it when it's busy when I'm at the circulation desk. Beats sitting around twittling my thumbs Next Wednesday we start our summer reading program so that day is going to be very chaotic.

Have a great evening, everyone.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #729
Stazon Splitcoast

Deb- Being busy is good being swamped isn't.
Please keep my DH in your thoughts and prayers. He was at the VA today to see another psychiatrist. She believes he has PTSD. The doc he's been seeing says it is severe depression. DH can't talk with the psychiatrist he has now. He is struggling with the diagnosis. Also, his job is on very shaky ground. He will be moving to a different work site on the 6th. It takes him a LONG time to feel comfortable in new situations. I may have told you guys before that he has the lowest seniority for his job title in the Twin Cities.

Joan
Old 06-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #730
Polyshrink Goddess

Joan, I'll keep him in my prayers.
Rentals: My daughter called tonight and found a house in the town where she lives and says it's as "cute as a button". So she and I are going to go look at it.
I really don't want to move away from GC, but I'm not going to live in a dump either. The rent on the house we're going to look at is cheaper than what I'm paying now, so I'll have extra gas money for church and stuff. I'll let you all know after I see it.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #731
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, will keep your DH in my prayers. PTSD is not only hard on the one who is suffering with it, but for the loved ones, too. I'll pray that he is able to adjust to the new changes with work quickly.

Deb, hope the house works out for you. Be sure to let us know right away.

I didn't mention earlier that a friend of ours lost her 20-year battle with cancer this weekend. It's amazing she lasted this long. Cancer runs in her family. Both of her parents, a sister and a brother died of cancer. If I remember right, her brother died about a year or two after their sister. It's been almost a year since her brother lost his battle. Her dad and my dad grew up together so we've known each other all our lives. Really haven't been close for a long time until she started working with Vince years ago. She was only 54. Please pray for her family.

Good night.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:51 AM   #732
Gabfest Goddess

Debbie so sorry for the loss, will lift up her family and yours. Praying for comfort for you.

Deb, I am glad you get to look at a new place today. I have faith that God will put you where you need to be. That is also the best place to be, wherever that is! HUGS

Cat, I hope you are feeling better

Joan, praying for your DH and hoping the visit went well and praying for favor for him with his job situation.

Hugs to all,
Michele
Old 06-02-2011, 05:29 AM   #733
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sad. Our sunshine went away. It was nice for two days.
The flooding is getting so bad now. Not just in Montana, but North and South Dakota. Vince's niece was here for her brother's graduation and was supposed to leave today. She came from Seattle on the train. The depot called her Tuesday afternnon and told her if she's going to go back on the train she needed to leave that night because it was going to be the last trip for the Empire Builder for a few days. So far the frieght trains have been getting through, but it's just a matter of time before they are halted, too. We've had so much fog this past fall and winter it's going to be raining a lot until about the middle of July.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #734
Gabfest Goddess

Debbie so sorry about all the rain, will be praying for you guys. The weather has been so rough this year.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #735
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsebroad View Post
Joan, I'll keep him in my prayers.
Rentals: My daughter called tonight and found a house in the town where she lives and says it's as "cute as a button". So she and I are going to go look at it.
I really don't want to move away from GC, but I'm not going to live in a dump either. The rent on the house we're going to look at is cheaper than what I'm paying now, so I'll have extra gas money for church and stuff. I'll let you all know after I see it.

Hope something opens up for you soon that will be just right!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:54 AM   #736
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Deb- Being busy is good being swamped isn't.
Please keep my DH in your thoughts and prayers. He was at the VA today to see another psychiatrist. She believes he has PTSD. The doc he's been seeing says it is severe depression. DH can't talk with the psychiatrist he has now. He is struggling with the diagnosis. Also, his job is on very shaky ground. He will be moving to a different work site on the 6th. It takes him a LONG time to feel comfortable in new situations. I may have told you guys before that he has the lowest seniority for his job title in the Twin Cities.

Joan, sending much love, hugs and prayers asking God to surround both of you with lots of love, mercy, comfort, encouragement and grace.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:58 AM   #737
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post

I didn't mention earlier that a friend of ours lost her 20-year battle with cancer this weekend. It's amazing she lasted this long. Cancer runs in her family. Both of her parents, a sister and a brother died of cancer. If I remember right, her brother died about a year or two after their sister. It's been almost a year since her brother lost his battle. Her dad and my dad grew up together so we've known each other all our lives. Really haven't been close for a long time until she started working with Vince years ago. She was only 54. Please pray for her family.

Good night.
My sincerest sympathies as you mourn your dear friend - so sad, she was too young. Working with Coles Foundation makes me so aware of how ugly cancer is and way too many children and adults are suffering and dying. My heart goes out to the family.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:46 AM   #738
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got back from having my hair cut off. It got way too long for me. It's shorter than I normally would have cut off, but I guess there was enough to donate to Locks of Love, or whatever it's called.

The rain quit for now and the sun is starting to shine again. Maybe it'll turn out to be a nice day after all.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #739
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- the weather has been horrendous all over the country. I got my haircut today also. I just had a trim. Yes, it is locks of love. My oldest DS did that after college. Your friend was too young. Cancer is an awful illness. It has become way too common.
Thanks for the prayers for DH. The appointment went well. No he is looking for a new psychiatrist. Please keep praying.

Joan
Old 06-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #740
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, praying your DH finds a psychiatrist he's comfortable with. That will make a big difference in his healing.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #741
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't been keeping up and I'm sorry.

Joan - will be praying for your DH and your youngest son. Is there any news on that?

Deb- hope you LOVE the house and all that is involved. I know moving is a hassle, but it would be nice if everything else is good.

Debbie - I need the sunshine, too. We had a week of rain awhile ago. Now we've had have two weeks with sunshine. We had a horrible heat wave - with really high humidity. It was awful for the last couple of days. Today I woke up to gorgeous sunshine, wind (not breezy, but pretty windy!) and very low humidity. I love it! I don't know how long it will last but it was nice to have the windows open and not deal with the air conditioning!

My mom called this morning to tell me one of my aunts passed away this morning. She was the sweetest lady. She is my dad's brother's wife. She has six children. The whole family was able to be at the hospital when she passed and it was peaceful, but it is still so sad. I went through my sympathy cards and couldn't believe I actually had six different ones. I hate having to make sympathy cards when I need them so I had planned ahead. That is rare for me.

I have some grad cards to make, too. I like to use the school colors. I have plenty for our school, but two friends' kids are graduating from a different high school. Need to get their colors right!

I think of all of you even if I'm not here posting every day. You are a great group of women.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #742
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, I'm sorry about your aunt. I know what you mean about not wanting to make a sympathy card when you need it. I was surprised I had a couple on hand. Need to get some more made up. It was pretty windy when I got off work this afternoon. I just hope it helped to dry up some of the standing water.

I'm halfway to my goal of raising $100 for the Relay For Life. Not too bad for just starting. Hopefully, I'll get some more donations soon. I need to catch up with my family.

Good night. Hope you all have a good weekend.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #743
Stazon Splitcoast

Youngest DS decided not to take the new job. His salary would be much more. The downsides would be moving to an area that has a higher cost of living and giving up all his clarinet/sax students. Thanks for all your positive thoughts. He took along time to make this decision.

Joan

Last edited by smileyj; 06-09-2011 at 03:23 AM..
Old 06-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #744
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Sue, just received your sweet birthday card - thank you so very much!! It truly made my day! Bless your heart!
Old 06-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #745
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, I'm glad your son took some time to think about the job change. Sometimes the larger salary isn't the best way to go just because of the cost of living.

Another day of downpours of and on all day. It's just a matter of time before it stars seeping into the basement. We really don't need any more water, but I just have to trust that God knows what He's doing.

Have a good weekend.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #746
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- you are so very right!

I just came home from watching DGD. DS called and he had stayed home from work again. My sister K picked me up and we played with DGD for a couple of hours. DS looked very rough. It is so hard to watch him in so much pain.

Joan
Old 06-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #747
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Ladies! Happy Monday!! I don't know how Monday's get here so quickly, but they do. . So went to my sister's on Saturday for the party for my nephew he is 21 and joined the Navy he leaves for boot camp on the 14th of June - and everytime I think about it I have mixed emotions. I want him to do what he wants with his life, just stinky he has to go away. . . That's all. It is also a big life change for him. But just praying for his safety and well being. We had a nice day though so that was good.

At almost 3:00 PM, on Monday I am so ready to leave work, ahhh it drags sometimes!

The work on the downstairs is really coming along - just waiting on the primer and paint to get finished by DH and then to put in the new wood floor. But it's nice to walk around without feeling like you are going to go right through the floor, subflooring is a good thing, lol. Hopefully the carpet guy that we used when we moved in is still around, so we can get the carpet scheduled to be put in and that would motivate DH to get the painting done upstairs so that new carpet can go in. Hopefully within the next 3 weeks or so it will all be done. I am trying to work it so DD gets new carpet in her room too.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of their day and enjoy!

Hugs
Michele
Old 06-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #748
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, everyone. It's another beautiful day. A little overcast and a breeze, but no rain, yet. There's still water in places there isn't supposed to be any. We were lucky not to get water in our basement. I was a little concerned for a while. My nephew wasn't so lucky. He went on vacation. It's a good thing my sister was feeding his cats while he's gone. She and my BIL spent most of the weekend cleaning up the mess. I guess just part of the basement got wet.

I start working Monday evenings starting today. That adds an extra 4 hours on my paycheck. I'll also be working the occasional Saturday. I kind of got spoiled with my 3-day weekends.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #749
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Sue, just received your sweet birthday card - thank you so very much!! It truly made my day! Bless your heart!
Caterina ~ You're so welcome! Hope you had a great birthday!

Hugs,
Sue
Old 06-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #750
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all my dear friends. Hope you are not frying like we are in MN. As you all know, I am not a fan of hot weather. Today it was 102 degrees. What happened to cold MN?

Tomorrow is my last day at work for this school year. WAHOOO

Joan
Old 06-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #751
Stazon Splitcoast

102!!! We had 3 nice days and the hottest it got here in my neck of the woods was in the low 70s. Rained all day again today. We really don't need any more water.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:09 AM   #752
Gabfest Goddess

Joan the end of school that is something to celebrate!!

I think we are getting hit extra hard with weather this year - in my humble opinion part of it from the Tsunami. It is going to be hot and muggy here today and then more tomorrow. Yuck, I am not a hot fan either.

I got the hair done finally had a good dye job and cut and I am happy with it, just a few low lights too. That was fun but I hate the bill, but I waited 6 months so that was fruggle (sp?) right?! Boss' have a leadership team meeting that starts today and ends Friday - let's hope that all of the administrative things I planned go well. Only includes all of the highest senior management and head of the board.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

Michele
Old 06-08-2011, 06:30 AM   #753
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. Looks like we'll be in the mid 60s today. We're still in flood advisory. I have a feeling it's going to be like that all summer. This flooding is crazy.

Today is going to be a crazy day. I'm glad I don't work until this afternoon. We start our summer reading program today and to kick it off, we have a young artist who will draw a charicature of the kids after signing up. It's going to be chaotic. On top of that, we're having a hole cut out in one of the walls of the workroom to add another outside drop for videos, DVDs and CDs. It goes next to the one for books. Even though we ask to have the media brought inside, people just don't get it. We end up with a lot of broken cases and sometimes broken DVDs and CDs because of the books that end up piled on top of them. The workers were in to start on the project yesterday, but don't know why they didn't finish it. They did get the hole inside cut out, now they have to cut through brick.

Have a great day.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #754
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- sounds like a big job to get done but very needed. I drop my Audio tapes in the drop box. Our library has very short hours. Our rivers and lakes are very high in MN.
Michele- Good luck at your meeting. You will do well.

Today is cooler... only 79 right now! I am officially off for the summer. I am going to take it easy for a few days and then get to work on my house. I do have a community picnic to attend and make desserts for tomorrow. Friday DH is off. We need to go out to the VA and then check on some medical stuff.

Joan
Old 06-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #755
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Birthday, Christine!!

It is your birthday, right?
Old 06-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #756
Stazon Splitcoast

We made it through the day in one piece. Today was the start of our summer reading program. The artist we had ended up drawing for four hours without a break. The kids loved it. I think we figured Betsy drew pictures for close to, if not more than, 200 kids. The new media drop box is installed. I guess someone tried using it while the contracter was installing it. He was on the inside and told whoever was outside they couldn't use it yet. It's fun doing that to people because they can't see us and we can't see them.

We had a sunny day today but the forecast for tonight looks like more rain. The river through town hasn't flooded yet, but it has overflowed its banks in a lot areas east and west of us. Beaver Creek Park, which is just 23 miles south of me, is flooded. That puts a damper on camping. The same thing happened last year and only half the park was reopened.

Joan, I'm happy I'm not in MN right now. I can't imagine what the humidity is right now.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:25 AM   #757
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- My BIL's family lives in SD. As farmers they are dealing with land that is too wet. Hope today goes well for you!

Joan
Old 06-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #758
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, that seems to be the plight of farmers everywhere.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #759
Gabfest Goddess

Debbie, I hope you are getting some nicer weather now. We have some rain coming in for the next 3 - 4 days starting tonight. My head doesn't like all this rain , gives me a headache when too much humidity. Ugghhhh!

So DH painted the downstairs 1/2 of it anyway and he is going to finish the rest of the downstairs paint tomorrow. Then I gotta get back to home depot and pick out a wood floor for him to install and hopefully by next Saturday there will be all new trim and doors done and if really lucky the floor too, but that could be asking a lot. He has to put in 5 new doors and all the trim. But we are moving along which makes the heart happy! I so want my craft area back!!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Hugs,
Michele
Old 06-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #760
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi friends!

Michele - sounds like things are moving along. I know when we have a project and it gets close to finished, I just can't wait! Our basement finishing has been a slow process. We only do a little at a time as we can afford it. We still need to replace the horrible indoor/outdoor carpeting that was put in over 24 years ago, replace an exterior door and get a new sofa/loveseat. I'm trying not to go into debt doing these things. We were on track to have it all done by this spring/summer, but then we needed a new car, work on another car and - well you know how it adds up!

It is HOT HOT HOT today. I feel sorry for a neighboring school district who has graduation tonight. I don't know if it is indoor or outdoor yet. My daughter has grad rehearsal today. It started at 11 - don't know when it will be done. I also don't know how much of it will be outside. But it was 90 degrees when I dropped her off at 11.

Today is my husband and my 27th wedding anniversary. It was hot the day we got married, but not this hot. Thank goodness! We're just going to go out to dinner tonight. We want to get away for the weekend, but timing isn't best with high school graduation on Monday plus issues we've been having with our older daughter. I hope we can make plans to do it though. We haven't been away, just the two of us, in a long, long time. Since the girls are older you would think it would be easier!