Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 08:05 AM   #521
Die Cut Diva

Hi ladies,
I have been looking and looking for a divorce support group but haven't found one. I am going through a very sudden divorce. My husband came with me to Maine to visit my mother for Christmas and ended up leaving me here and going back to our home. He simply stated he doesnt want to do it anymore. Even though its been a few months I am still devastated. We were married 8 years. I am now living with my mother and stepfather trying to figure out my life. Everyday seems like such a struggle. Are there any divorcees out there? Got any advice for getting through this? Thanks for reading!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #522
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina.kavitz View Post
Hi ladies,
I have been looking and looking for a divorce support group but haven't found one. I am going through a very sudden divorce. My husband came with me to Maine to visit my mother for Christmas and ended up leaving me here and going back to our home. He simply stated he doesnt want to do it anymore. Even though its been a few months I am still devastated. We were married 8 years. I am now living with my mother and stepfather trying to figure out my life. Everyday seems like such a struggle. Are there any divorcees out there? Got any advice for getting through this? Thanks for reading!
Hello,

So sorry to read about your situation. I have not gone through a divorce and I am sure things are all over the place for you emotionally.

On the prayer thread listed below there are some women who have gone through it and who I believe still may be going through it. It is a good thread to visit.

Need Prayer? You've got a partner here!

Thinking of you and please feel free to post to this thread anytime this is a great caring bunch of ladies. There may be some out here who may have gone through it as well.

Cyber hugs,
Michele
Old 04-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #523
Die Cut Diva

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Hello,

So sorry to read about your situation. I have not gone through a divorce and I am sure things are all over the place for you emotionally.

On the prayer thread listed below there are some women who have gone through it and who I believe still may be going through it. It is a good thread to visit.

Need Prayer? You've got a partner here!

Thinking of you and please feel free to post to this thread anytime this is a great caring bunch of ladies. There may be some out here who may have gone through it as well.

Cyber hugs,
Michele
Old 04-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #524
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Hi ladies,
Having been through two ugly divorces, my heart goes out to you. It is extremely painful because of the myriad of emotions that you go through. Everyday is truly a struggle but please know that God cares what you are going through and somehow you will get through. It will take time, love and support from others and keep reminding yourself how very valuable and special you are.

Am now married to a wonderful caring man and we just celebrating our 22nd anniversary. Just keep hanging in there, hold on tight and keep looking up. Sending much love and hugs your way. Please know you have friends here.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #525
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi ladies,
Christina, I want to welcome you to our little group. I'm sorry I can't help you, but it looks like Michele and Cat have given you a start. I will add you to my prayers. We're here for you whenever you need to get something off your chest.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #526
Die Cut Diva

Thank you ladies! I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #527
Stazon Splitcoast

We may not always reply quickly, but we will eventually. Hang in there and take one day at a time.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #528
Polyshrink Goddess

Christina,
Where do I start.....after having a double lung transplant, my husband of 20 years said, "I didn't sign up for this". I've now been divorced for almost seven years, and it is still painful. If you need to talk, I'm here to listen.

Hi ladies, I know it's been awhile, but I'm still here.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #529
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsebroad View Post
Christina,
Where do I start.....after having a double lung transplant, my husband of 20 years said, "I didn't sign up for this". I've now been divorced for almost seven years, and it is still painful. If you need to talk, I'm here to listen.

Hi ladies, I know it's been awhile, but I'm still here.
Wow, that is so hard. I am sorry for your pain. Thanks for reaching out.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #530
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Deb. It has been a long time.

Why does the sun wait until early evening to decide to shine? We had a little dusting of snow in the middle of the night, but was gone by the time I went to work this morning. It's been chilly and cloudy but still above freezing during the day. Now we're in a flood advisory because a lot of the creeks are overflowing. Good news is we're not in a drought. I just want to be warm again.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #531
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies!

Deb - good to see you!! I did not know your situation before. I'm glad you are doing so well without your spouse. HUGS.

Christina - I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Will be praying for you.

Yesterday was RAINY!!! Today is still cloudy, I hope it clears up. I need some sunshine!
Old 04-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #532
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Christina, my heart aches for you. I went through a divorce about 3 years ago. It was an ugly one. I pray for you, that you will hurt less and less.

You are early in the process. Do not expect too much of yourself. You are needing to heal. And you have anger I am sure. I direct my anger at myself by nature, so I get down. I see a counselor who helps me get it out. Direct it in the direction it should be.

We did have a thread in Family Matters, but many of us had gotten to the point where we were through the process. So it ended up not continuing.
One lady may be starting up another one soon. I will post here if I see that she does, ok?

Or you could start one? It is amazing how many are going through it right at the same time. And it always helps to talk to ppl experiencing the same thing.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #533
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hedgie - I was going to suggest she find you! I knew you would be sympathetic and very helpful!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #534
Stazon Splitcoast

That's what I love about this group; there is always someone who has been through the same kinds of pains and struggles to help each other.

It's sunny here in northcentral Montana. Feels colder than 49į though. At least we don't have snow like some areas of the state.

Last night while my ds was at work and his gf was with her sil, someone went into their trailer and stole Dawn's medications. I'm thinking it could be one of her son's friends. It was someone who doesn't know too much about drugs or was in too much of a hurry because they took her antibiotics along with her pain meds. They also let the dog out of the yard and somehow he got his tail cut. They'll never find out who did it unless that person comes back for more and gets caught. The only other thing they took was a jar full of change.

My wish for all of you today is that you get through it a little better than yesterday. Have a great weekend.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #535
Crimping Master

Christina,wow,...I will say extra prayers for you!

Deb,where have you been?

Had to work today, came home and went for a walk right away before I could talk myself out of it,have church tomorrow night, there will not be time to fit it in after work.
Am pooped! Have a good eve all.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #536
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - I am so sorry about the theft of meds. That is awful! I hope she won't have a problem replacing them. Sometimes the drug stores don't want to refill too soon.

I have had zero energy today. I've done NOTHING. Just want to sleep. I hope tomorrow is better.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #537
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, Dawn has to wait until Monday to pick up the police report so she can prove that the meds were stolen. The cops told her to go to the er and have them refill them for her, but those doctors will just tell her she's lying just to get more drugs. She went through rehab about a year ago and they think she's back to her old ways. Poor woman is really trying but she has big problems with her mouth; that story is so screwed up I'll never get it straight. If she really wanted back on drugs all she has to do is go see her dad and he'd fix her up. Sad, I know.

I haven't had any energy, either. Lexi and I took a nap this afternoon. For some reason, I just can't get my feet warm. When my feet are cold, the rest of me is cold. I'm colder now than I was all winter. It seems to be the norm with me every year with the change of the seasons. If wasn't supper time, I'd go take a nice hot bath. Speaking of supper, I better go cook.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #538
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I can understand the police telling her to do that, but even I know the ER is the place addicts often go to get a fix. You would think they would help her a little more. Maybe not for the pain meds, but for others. Either way, it is a sad situation. I hope she stays strong.

I'm tired again today. Went to church, taught Sunday school with the kiddos that I adore. Had some other issues that frustrate me - people dumping stuff in a classroom and not cleaning it up afterwards. I've cleaned stuff out at least three times this year. I'm beyond frustrated.

Enough of a vent. Bill is prepping stuff to be painted in my craft room!!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #539
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi ladies! Iowa got hit last night with a bunch of poor (tornadoes, etc.) weather, but luckily where I live escaped. Spoke in church this a.m. on organ donation since April is organ donation month. Put on SHORTS when I got home! It's beautiful out right now, and I intend to enjoy it!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #540
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, our police department can be somewhat of a joke. A bunch of young guys who watched too many cop shows on TV. I think the real bad ones have been weeded out of the department.

Deb, I'm glad you didn't get hit with the tornado, but I sure do feel sorry for all those people who lost their homes and businesses.

The weather isn't quite warm enough for shorts here, but it's getting closer. We have the back door open for the dogs. Wish i could put in a doggy door, but the door is all glass. Then I'd probablely have the neighbor's dog coming in whenever he wanted. It sure feels good to see spring.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #541
Polyshrink Goddess

gramma, I have the same "doggy door" problem. Right now I have the sliding glass doors open and the screen door half-way open so Molly can go in and out - and you should see the accumulation of last year's leaves I'm getting in my studio!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #542
Stazon Splitcoast

I gave up on trying to keep my kitchen swept all day. Lexi likes the lava rocks we have in the backyard, and she's forever bringing them into the house. I found a few of them stashed under my desk this afternoon. She actually eats them. The dogs love the freedom to come and go as they please. They're not going to be happy when it gets hot enough to turn on the AC.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #543
Gabfest Goddess

What a weekend! So I took DD and 3 other girls from church to battlecry - if you get a chance you should check out the link: The Official Website of Teen Mania's BattleCry: Welcome

We were in the stadium over 2 day period for 17 hours. I am still so tired! They were all so engaged and learning about God and praising and praying. It was totally awesome. Yesterday DD and I were sleeping after church and DH (dumb husband) after being told no by both DD and I to leave the ferrets in the cage opened them up and let them out and boo boo fell out DD's window he must have been out of the house for about 2.5 hours or so. Jenn and I cried and prayed and thankfully found him under the shed. He was so scared and dirty and thirsty. He got back in and we bathed him and he went back in the cage for water and he and Yogi did the cutest face rub and she patted him it was adorable!!! But what a scare.

Just a few more hours then I can go home and sleep again! Loving the warmer weather though!
Old 04-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #544
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, sounds like quite the weekend.

It's warm and windy here today. I hate to say this, but there is so much dirt blowing around now, I almost wouldn't mind a little rain to settle the dust. It's playing havoc with my allergies.

I am officially done with tax season as of right now. I had two appointments this morning and two this afternoon. My 1:00 didn't have to file so sent her on her way. I had an hour and a half to wait for the next appointment.... then that person didn't bother to show or call. I could have been home 2-1/2 hours early. Good thing the break room/conference room has some realy comfy furniture and I had a book with me. I kept dozing off.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #545
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Hedgie - I was going to suggest she find you! I knew you would be sympathetic and very helpful!
I am willing to start another divorce thread if Christina and Horsebroad are interested? Let me know...
Why don't you pm me so I know!! hey hey!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #546
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Hedgie. I am interested in the divorce thread. It is definitely not an easy thing to go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Christina, my heart aches for you. I went through a divorce about 3 years ago. It was an ugly one. I pray for you, that you will hurt less and less.

You are early in the process. Do not expect too much of yourself. You are needing to heal. And you have anger I am sure. I direct my anger at myself by nature, so I get down. I see a counselor who helps me get it out. Direct it in the direction it should be.

We did have a thread in Family Matters, but many of us had gotten to the point where we were through the process. So it ended up not continuing.
One lady may be starting up another one soon. I will post here if I see that she does, ok?

Or you could start one? It is amazing how many are going through it right at the same time. And it always helps to talk to ppl experiencing the same thing.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #547
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Hello ladies.

Just wanted to let you know I'm still here. Haven't felt like talking.....or making cards......or much of anything. Had a med change a few days ago and am still not right. I'm doing fine though. No need to worry.

Christina ~ You are in my prayers. I've been through two divorces, but just don't feel like discussing them. It's tough no matter what the circumstance, but you'll get through it. Jesus was and is my salvation.

Michele ~ So glad you found Boo Boo! What a scare that must've been.

Sleep tight all.......

Hugs,
Sue
Old 04-12-2011, 04:02 AM   #548
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Virtue
Old 04-12-2011, 05:13 AM   #549
Gabfest Goddess

Sue, nice to see you post - thinking of you and praying for you!!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #550
Crimping Master

Quick hello to all,thinking and praying for you.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #551
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi every one.... We are having a spring day. My boss ordered Twins tickets for all of us a while back. So I am going to a Twins BB game in an open air stadium. So happy it is sunny and not raining. My oldest DS is coming with because some of the co-workers can not attend. He is not super excited as he has heard my negative stories. OUCH

Be who you are and say what you mean.
Because those who mind donít matter those who matter donít mind.
Dr. Seuss!

Joan
Old 04-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #552
Gabfest Goddess

Joan, I hope you had a great time at the game! Sometimes it can be fun to get out of the work rut and do something fun with them. I hope it went well!

Deb, how is that puppy doing??

Sue, thinking of you - hoping meds will help and praying for you!

Christine, hope you are feeling better from the sinus infection

Deb - how are things out by you?

Cat, how are you doing?

Barbi, I need a laundry fairy again - for some reason I think of you when I have lots of laundry, lol - not sure why. But since the machine is disconnected DH has been bringing to a wash and fold place.

Christina, hope your having a good day today!

Hedgie - good to see you post, I hope you are doing well!

Linda - how are you my friend to the north?

Joanne, what happened to the sunshine for the weekend? It is gonna rain a lot now, I feel like it is going to be one of those years where Summer just shows up!

The insurance adjuster comes out tomorrow morning hoping he will just let us use the contractor we found we have 2 quotes and then there will be the insurance dude's quote the company that has done some of the mold remediation stuff. DH is not really into him at all so hoping we can use our guy. Don't know what their quote will be though.

I feel like I live in a quarrantine zone with all the plastic and zippers and what a mess, ok I will stop complaining. I just want it fixed now.

I hope everyone is having a good day!
Michele
Old 04-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #553
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, hope all goes well with the adjuster. Lexi is growing like a weed. She can be a very naughty puppy. We fight over my stuffed animals. She knows what the word no is but she doesn't want to pay attention to it. She has decided Timber's favorite ball is now one of her favorite toys. Timber is such a sweetie and lets her have it. Of course, they try to get it from each other. It's almost like watching a cross between football and basketball. Lexi is pretty good about bringing the ball to us so we can throw it again. Much better than Timber. He wants you to play but doesn't want to give you the ball.

Oh, darn! I have to go to work now. Got to make money to feed my stamping habit.

Have a great day.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #554
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- I did have a great time. I laughed a lot. The Twins won in the 10th inning. Of course, I had been praying since the 8th inning for us to get a run or two. so I could get home and get some sleep. I didn't get home until 11:45PM. Boy does 5 Am come around quickly.
I am trying to finish my taxes. I am bewildered even after calling the IRS and Debbie's suggestions.

Dr. Seuss!

Joan
Old 04-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #555
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies! I just got in from finishing up my backyard. Everything is raked and burned. My neighbors' leaves didn't fall until after the first snow, so I had quite the mess. Have some cleaning to do in the front yard yet, but this has been enuf for one day. My hips are feeling it!.
Joan, it sounds like you had a good time at the game, but now you better finish YOUR taxes!
Debbie, I love that picture of Lexi! I'm so jealous! My son wanted to get me a pup for Christmas, but I didn't want to go thru training in the middle of winter, and now I'm beginning to think that just me and Molly are doing okay together. Maybe I'll get another Aussie after Molly goes to live with DS, which could be awhile the way he's going.
Michele, I hope your "mess" ends soon...I don't think I could live like that.
Hey BJ, how goes it???
Sue, start talking please....you worry me, and right now I've got enuf things to worry about! Seriously, we're all here for you - just find a way to open up.
Hedgie, I'd be interested, but as the ladies here can testify, I can go in spurts when it comes to the computer. But you can talk to me anytime.
Hi Joanne, I'm sorry, I thought you knew my situation. So many come and go, I lose track of who knows and who doesn't.
Well Ladies, I have to go get ready for Wednesday School, and then I take tickets at the theatre, so it's another busy day.
Hugs to ALL!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #556
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon. Michele - this weather is awful! I want spring back!!! Real spring, with warmer temps and some sunshine would be nice! I hear our weekend might be similar - YUCK!!!!

Deb - no need to apologize - I just didn't realize what a lousy situation you had been in.

Debbie - every once in awhile, our cocker spaniel (who is almost 10) will play tug-of-war with my daughter's pug/chihuahua mix (she is 2 1/2). They look so cute playing together! Our third dog (a shih tzu mix who is almost 12) doesn't play. She just watches and gives dirty looks if the others get too close! By the way, the shih tzu is my favorite to watch in all this!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #557
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Michele- I did have a great time. I laughed a lot. The Twins won in the 10th inning. Of course, I had been praying since the 8th inning for us to get a run or two. so I could get home and get some sleep. I didn't get home until 11:45PM. Boy does 5 Am come around quickly.
I am trying to finish my taxes. I am bewildered even after calling the IRS and Debbie's suggestions.

Wish I could be more help. Unfortunately, without your stuff in front of me, I'm no good for you. Good luck.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #558
Stazon Splitcoast

It's another windy day here. Don't even want to start on the yard. I had planned on walking to work this afternoon, but there is so much dirt (yes, I said dirt) blowing around my allergies would be really out of control. Besides, it's a cold wind. I decided if Timber can be a wimp in this wind so can I. We might get some rain and snow mix tonight and tomorrow. I'd rather have the wind stop blowing. Oh, well. God knows what He's doing.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #559
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- The info you gave me actually sent me to the right form and publication. I spoke to an IRS person who couldn't tell me any more than you did. I guess what I want to do is not very well spelled out. I re-read and re-read. I think I have it figured out! I appreciate your help more than you think.

Dr. Seuss!

Joan
Old 04-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #560
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Divorce thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
I am willing to start another divorce thread if Christina and Horsebroad are interested? Let me know...
Why don't you pm me so I know!! hey hey!
I'm interested..
Horsebroad