Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #401
Stazon Splitcoast

Carol, my heart aches for you.

Vince was in an art show this weekend. He didn't sell as much as we would have liked but did cover our expenses. Some guy we know was selling his puppies. I had a wonderful time playing with one of them. She kind of chose me. Didn't want to go to anyone else. Before the end of the show, Fred said he'd make me a heck of a deal. I'm now a proud owner of Lexie who is 7/8 border collie and 1/8 blue heeler. Vince has to draw a picture of her to give to Fred. Timber likes her. Of course, we have to watch him closely because Lexie isn't much bigger than Timber's head right now. Oh the joys of housebreaking again. Hope she learns quick.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-13-2011, 06:51 AM   #402
Stazon Splitcoast

Wish Vince could have sold more. Sounds like it turned out to be a good day. You have a new baby in your house. Have fun!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #403
Stazon Splitcoast

Lexie didn't like the bed we made for her. It was a crate with old T-shirst of mine. Thought we'd put a piece of cardboard on top of the crate to keep her confined for the night. She managed to escape within 5 min. She ended up sleeping with me. Timber thinks she pretty neat. He does get a little carried away when playing with her.

How are doing today, Carol?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:18 AM   #404
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm okay. Hospice is making me crazy. My mom doesn't eat and so we basically have to watch her starve to death as a feeding tube is a life prolonging measure. I understand it but it doesn't make it easy.

Mom was totally hallucinating Thursday night but slept for something like 24 hours straight and is back to knowing what's going on. Thankfully!

But I'm hanging in there...They said it wouldn't be that long...so no idea. Just cherishing the time I do have with her.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #405
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Lee View Post
I'm okay. Hospice is making me crazy. My mom doesn't eat and so we basically have to watch her starve to death as a feeding tube is a life prolonging measure. I understand it but it doesn't make it easy.

Mom was totally hallucinating Thursday night but slept for something like 24 hours straight and is back to knowing what's going on. Thankfully!

But I'm hanging in there...They said it wouldn't be that long...so no idea. Just cherishing the time I do have with her.

My heart so hurts for you, Carol, this is such an ordeal to walk through. May God surround you with His love, mercy, grace, compassion, strength, comfort and peace.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #406
Gabfest Goddess

Deb - the new one sounds fun! ENJOY!!

Carol, so sorry about your family situation. Thinking about you and saying a prayer.

Hugs,
Michele
Old 03-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #407
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't realize I'd been away so long.

Carol - I am so very, very sorry for what you are having to deal with right now. You will definitely be in my prayers.

Michele - hope you had a glorious trip because the weather lately has been lousy!!! I can't remember the last time I saw sun for any more than a few minutes. Did you take it all to FL with you? And forget to bring it back?!?!?!!?

Debbie - a new puppy, huh? You sound happy about it, though!

Hope everyone has a great week. Like I said, I need some sunshine!!!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #408
Gabfest Goddess

Joanne, I brought it back on Saturday! I hear by Thursday of this week we will have a nice weekend! Lots of sun! It was 80 degrees but not humid - it was gorgeous with a breeze, right about now missing my afternoon drink on the bay! I am not a big drinker by any stretch of the imagination but I got used to the one cocktail on the bay big time! They were only two WW points, lol.

We did lots of walking and DD was swimming. Of course, Aunt Flow had to come along she arrived right on Monday morning. Uggghh! But it was all good. Really missing the sunshine and the "whatever" type of schedule. But brought home lots of swarski crystals made a new necklace and bracelet.

We had a pipe kind of burst at home, so that has been a mess now cleaning up that and DH has had to rip up some floor and we have some mold and that got sprayed and cleaned with bleach if not gone by tomorrow then the walls get ripped down (2 of them). But no complaining about water, poor Japan! That was just awful!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #409
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Carol ~ You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Joan ~ Thanks for the card! Very nice!!!

Gramma ~ I'm jealous. I want a dog so badly. Not jealous of the training though.

Michele ~ Sorry about your pipe. That stinks! We had water damage in our 1st floor family room a few years back. Had to replace subfloor, the door to the outside, and carpet. DH painted the subfloor with Kilz (sp?) to help prevent further damage.

The tragedy in Japan sure reminds us that things could be a whole lot worse. I can't imagine what they're having to go through. Prayers, prayers, prayers.

Well, hope everyone sleeps well tonight. I'm pooped.

Hugs,
Sue
Old 03-15-2011, 05:08 AM   #410
Insane Embellisher

CAROL

MY HEART ACHES FOR YOU...I KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE WITH MY MOM.....YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS...

GOD BLESS YOU
LINDA

HI TO ALL MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS.....GOD BLESS....
Old 03-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #411
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Linda... Hope things are going well for you! Is is warming up, yet?
Carol- thinking about you!
Sue- thanks.... How have you been?

Please continue to pray for my DH. he has quit taking his meds and going to the psychiatrist. It is not helping, is what he is saying. He is edging, easily distracted, reading for hours on end, hiding by himself, sleeping on the couch and is having a hard time at work. It has created a lot of stress between us!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #412
Insane Embellisher

JOAN

I AM SOOO SORRY YOUR DH IS STRUGGLING...I WILL PRAY FOR THE BOTH OF YOU...

BLESSINGS
LINDA
Old 03-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #413
Pearl-ExPert

Carol,just hang in there. Nothing else to do.

Joan,thank you so much for the card,it brightened a otherwise very bleek day. Wish I had words of advise on DH,...

Michele,glad you had a nice vacation,water damage is the pits and yes,...no matter what our troubles are we are a lot more fortunate then Japan.

Off to the stamp room!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #414
Gabfest Goddess

Joan, so sorry about DH - I know it's hard praying for you and DH. If I can help you in anyway - please let me know.

Carol, thinking of you during these difficult days.

Sue, hope you are doing well! I know the nuclear reactors now in Japan the whole situation is so heart breaking.

Barbi, you go girl! Stamp room time, gotta love that. DD told me this a.m. she is going to help me on Saturday clean the stamp room and organize it! That made me happy! With the pipe burst we need to get stuff out of there that was put there temporarily and give everything a new spot.

Christine, how are you gf?

Deb, how's the puppy doing?

Cat, hope your feeling well - thinking of you!

Linda - thinking of you my northern friend! How is the family doing?

Joanne, more rain today but I think sunshine for the rest of the week!

Today is weigh in for after vacation hopefully held my own or lost would be nice too!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #415
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, thanks for the beautiful card. Will continue to pray for your dh. I know it's hard and frustrating for you. Will be praying for you also. Hang in there.

I've been really enjoying my new furbaby. Timber loves her, too; especially when she chases him around the house. Lexie was not happy when I left her behind to go to work. I guess she went to my bedroom door (which I closed to keep her out) and cried for 20 minutes. She didn't seem to care when I got home, though. Of course, she was curled up in a chair sound asleep when I walked in the door. Vince is the once who put her on the chair because she was sleeping on the hard floor. I'm not as nice. I let her sleep wherever she plops down. Unfortunately, it's usually under my feet. I have to be very careful when I'm making cards. I move around a lot and she's usually right there. I hope to get pictures downloaded onto the computer soon. Don't know why I'm procrastinating. I took Lexie to the library after work yesterday. Our children's librarian and ex-children's librarian fell in love with her. So we decided I'm taking Lexie to story time next week. Our governor has a Border Collie who goes to work with him everyday. Someone wrote a cute book about the dog, so I think that's the story Rachel will read. Since Lexi and her siblings were handled by kids all day last Saturday, I know she'll be okay with the kids. I'd take Timber, too, but he's so darn big he knocks little kids over just by wagging his tail. He loves kids.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday. It's cloudy here but above freezing again. It got up to 60 yesterday. Good thing it gets cold enough to freeze at night. If the snow melts too fast, we'll get water in through the basement windows. We're in a flood warning which we don't see too often around here. Lot of rural roads are flooded and some of that is just from the snow melting in the ditches. Most of the little creeks are already overflowing and the snow's not all gone yet.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #416
Gabfest Goddess

Happy St. Patty’s Day!

Hoping everyone gets to enjoy some St. Patty's fun today. I think if I get to clean craft room I will stamp some green! Joan, thank you for the awesome card!

Hugs

Old 03-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #417
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

March marks my 5th anniversary with the library. Can't believe I've been there for 5 years already. We had a staff meeting this morning and my boss mentioned that she'll be doing our yearly reviews soon. Then she asked if I noticed that I got a pay raise on the last pay check. Nope, didn't notice because my check was smaller than normal because the city changed the lpay periods starting this month and everyone is short 4-5 days (we'll get the rest on the next check). Since I have direct deposit, I don't pay too close attention to my pay stubs. I usually just check the amount of hours to make sure it's correct. Didn't even notice the raise. Now I'm really looking forward to my next check.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #418
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's a couple pictures of Lexi and Timber. It's been a long time since added attachments so hope this works.

Didn't work so will have to figure out what I did wrong. If nothing else, I'll put them in my gallery.

Last edited by grammatroll; 03-17-2011 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: being brain dead
Old 03-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #419
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - that is GREAT you got a raise. And you sound so happy talking about your furbabies. They are special, aren't they? Congrats on the raise!!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #420
Stazon Splitcoast

I do believe I got it right this time. I forgot to resize the pictures and they were way too big.
Attached Thumbnails
lexi-1.jpg   lexi-2.jpg   timber-lexi-1.jpg  
Old 03-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #421
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Joanne. I just wish I had the hours to go with the raise.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:30 AM   #422
Gabfest Goddess

Deb congrats on the raise! That is wonderful, hopefully you can get the hours you want too. Oh what an ADORABLE puppy! Timber is just beautiful! I just love dogs I am so happy for you.

Joanne, they are saying some nice weather today and tomorrow. Maybe we will miss out on the showers! There is always hoping!

Praying the dealings with the insurance company goes well! I have to push the adjuster now so any positive prayers would be greatly appreciated. He is dragging feet now.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Michele
Old 03-18-2011, 04:48 AM   #423
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Michele. Unfortunately, I won't get as many hours as I need, but I really do like my schedule. I'll just keep plugging along with the bills. They'll all get paid off eventually.

It's only 26 here. It would be nice if it gets warmer than the 45 predicted. The snow is melting fast but not too fast to completely flood my back yard.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #424
Pearl-ExPert

Debbie,Love the pic's,...Lexi is too cute!!! Timber too!

It's officially spring,open windows,birds singing and DH shaved off the beird!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #425
Gabfest Goddess

Barbi, I know I heard the "outside" birds singing today too and thought the same thing! Wow, it was so nice last night to have screen doors open to get in air and it smelled like Spring was coming. Thankful for Nasonex! HA

Well I finally stamped some - uploaded two of the new cards - with all the house mess I don't get much stamp time. Gotta do some more cleaning tonight and then hopefully over the weekend get some more done.

I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #426
Stazon Splitcoast

Haven't heard any birds yet, but the back door is open for the dogs. They are loving it. Lexi likes to chase Timber around the deck then into the house. It's a cool 44. Good thing we like it a little cool in our house. It feels so good to air out the house.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #427
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
I do believe I got it right this time. I forgot to resize the pictures and they were way too big.

How cute
Old 03-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #428
Inking Addict

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Lee View Post

I am so sad to read your story, I have only the greatest admiration for Hospice Nurses and staff. They are there to make the last chapter of our loved ones a peaceful one. It hurts so bad when we have to watch our loved ones come to this point of their lives. Sing to her, read to her, thank her for making you the caring person you have become. Hospice also have groups for family members. These groups can be awesome for us family members that have such a hard time saying good bye.. We never want it to end. My heart goes out to you, My prayers are with you ..... try to push the pain in your heart away by filling it with treasures (good memories) from the past. Gentle Hugs for you....
Old 03-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #429
Stazon Splitcoast

Carol, still praying for your mom and your family.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #430
Pearl-ExPert

First robin sighting today. Made it threw my class,a class at a friends today. DS had his first day of training at work today. WOW!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #431
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Gramma ~ Lexi is ADORABLE! And Timber is gorgeous! Wish I could visit and get my dog fix.

Hugs,
Sue
Old 03-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #432
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue, you could come and get your dog fix. We've only had Lexi for one week and she's pretty much housebroke already. Still put her in the bathroom when we leave just in case we don't get home in time. So far the only mess I've had to clean up was the one she made when she took all the toilet paper off the roll. Now the toilet paper doesn't stay on the holder for a while. Lexi's going to be the special guest at story time Wednesday morning. Hope she doesn't think she needs to chew on all of the kids like she thinks she can with me. I'm trying real hard to break her of that, but when you have a dh who likes to wrestle with her, it's an uphill battle. Just have to train him, too.

One of our "grandsons" turned 9 today. We're having the boys and their mom for supper, then some of the rest of the family is coming later for cake and ice cream. DS has to work. Good thing it's a little warmer, because Russell wants barbecued hamburgers for supper. i'm sure he'd be just as happy if I cooked the hamburger under the broiler, but bbq'd is so much better. Too bad it's not warm enough to eat outside.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:06 AM   #433
Gabfest Goddess

Lizzi - good to see you post! I hope all is well by you! How are you doing?

Carol, thinking of you!

Barbi, I saw Robins too, the chirping was beautiful! Spring is coming!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:23 AM   #434
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Sunday!
The cardinal pair have been at our bird feeder all week. The male is a very brilliant red. Not quite warm enough to open the windows. We had a lot of rain last night. This area didn't need more precipitation.
Lizzi- Nice to meet you!
Carol- Hang in there. I am thinking about you!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #435
Stazon Splitcoast

I woke up to snow and ice on the ground. Thankfully, not a lot , but it is pretty slick out there. I'm hoping we see sunshine sometime today to burn it off. Sure doesn't look like the first day of spring. Hope everyone else is having a lot better weather.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #436
Gabfest Goddess

Sue and Joan - those new avatar pics are GREAT!! What a cute couple they would make!
Old 03-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #437
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello dear friends, did you get to see that awesome moon last night? It was amazingly bright and so large even after we went to bed at 1 am.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #438
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Hello dear friends, did you get to see that awesome moon last night? It was amazingly bright and so large even after we went to bed at 1 am.
It was STUNNING! God's beautiful work!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #439
Gabfest Goddess

Oh snow, snow snow! Ok, I want Spring back now! Yesterday I rode on the tractor for the lawn and today all of that green is covered again! Ugghhh! I just really want Spring! I miss the warmth now. But I will get over it, took me 2 hours to get to work this a.m.

But hopefully, it will melt soon!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #440
Pearl-ExPert

Cat,did not get to see the moon,...CLOUDS!!!! Hope you enjoied it for the rest of us!

Michele,spring is out there,...think it's supposed to get cold here again. It will be hot before ya know it. I'm not interested in that,...just to have green and flowers.