Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #361
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi. Where is everyone? It's been pretty quiet around here. I'm hoping that means that you are all doing good. Woke up to a lot of snow this morning. The temps are above zero so that's good.

Hope you're having a good week.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #362
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- That snow is heading my way!
I have been feeling a bit sad. DH's SS# was used to open AT&T accounts in Florida back in 2008. It is just coming up because a collection agency has contacted him. We are trying to sort this out!

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’ Audrey Hepburn[

Joan
Old 03-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #363
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh no, Joan. Sure hope he can get it straightened out. Makes you wonder what else is going to pop up.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #364
Crimping Master

Joan,wow,that's awful! All this idenity theft is awful!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #365
Mad Swapper

hi friends--love and miss you all!

sue while reading back --the sight of you running with your boob showing made me laugh out loud. gotta love us crazy women! Ha

love to all!
♥Journey Coach #87♥
www.christinepennington.com
Old 03-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #366
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Virtue

Hi ladies!

Joan ~ I've been victim of identity theft before. I found out when I turned in paperwork for insurance benefits at a new job. They came back and said they already covered someone with that SS#. It was a huge mess. I had to prove that I was the real "owner" of the SS#! And after I reported it, I was treated with suspicion every time I wrote a check or used my i.d. I ended up carrying a copy of the police report with me at all times for awhile. It can happen to anyone. People make false i.d.s using random SS#s, and I was just unlucky. I'm praying for things to get resolved soon for your DH.

Christine ~ My boob wasn't actually hanging out! She might've seen some cleavage or side boob. LOL

This morning I made a card for my brother who's turning 60 on Monday. I can't believe what a procrastinator I've become. I've got to get back in the card making groove again!

Gramma ~ I made a template for the quilt card pieces on my Silouhette. Now I just need to DO IT!!!

Somebody come light a fire under my butt! Maybe if I had a stampin' buddy it would be easier. Anyone want to move into our guest room? No? Well, the offer is out there.

Gotta sleep soon.....

Hugs,
Sue
Old 03-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #367
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Girls!

Joan, I too have had someone take my SS# and use it. They got a credit card and attempted to get a new car! Thankfully at the time I had two in my name and then they noticed the "other" (real me) was in "Jersey" they were in CA. They messed with a large bank and it was not this woman's first offense - she ended up doing 6 months in prison. I didn't press charges the bank did. So I feel for you guys, it's frustrating!

Snow, thankfully none of that right now here - hoping we saw enough of that but I see we could have ice and mess tomorrow. Please no more snow!

Christine good to see you!

Sue, I need motivation for stamping too I am hoping for after vacation, I have like nothing current in my stash! I have cards but when I don't have anything current I don't like it.

Cat, how are you doing?

Joanne, are you getting weather by you tomorrow too, I am still hoping it doesn't come! How are the girls?

Barbi, how is my friend? I can't even imagine getting ready for Jenn to drive.

Linda - how are you my dear? I am hoping all is well by you and your family. How is dad doing?

So today was weigh in and lost another 2.4 so that is 4.8 for the two weeks, I am happy with that. Did laundry yesterday and today before work to get clothes cleaned up and also get stuff ready for vacation.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Michele
Old 03-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #368
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele - congrats on the weight loss. You are losing at a good pace. I haven't gotten on the scale yet this week. Even though I've done more exercising than ever before, I don't think I've eaten particularly well.

I believe we are only getting rain tomorrow. I think most (if not all) of our snow is gone. There may be a few piles still in parking lots, but not much. I'm ready for spring, that is for sure. It's funny how the beginning of winter everyone is so excited for snow. Then by February we are moaning and groaning when it is in the forecast! We are so fickle!! LOL

I am bummed. I was going to make a broccoli quiche today and discovered my broccoli had gone bad. I don't feel like going to the store for more. I do have to start using stuff the day I buy it - I have been tossing too much food.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #369
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello to all, very busy day with two doctors appointments and PT session. One doctor appointment down along with my PT session - next doctor appointment is at 5pm today - dance card is pretty full.

Our son along with his wife and two boys are back from visiting family in Poland and had a good trip. We will be having Camron & Conrad overnight this evening - hope the jet lag will not be too bad for them (or us)

Sending my very best to everyone.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:46 AM   #370
Crimping Master

Cat,So glad all have returned safe and sound!!!

Michele,...GOOD FOR YOU!!! Wed is D-day for me,...I always do a bit of binging before I get serious.

Sue,am looking for my matches.

Joan,how are things? Any word yet?

Joanne,I would love that quiche,...I just don't like to cook,tonight I'm making taco salad and we're having friut and dip for desert. Youngest DS went to the store with me last night and we got all the stuff.

Have to have DH go out with DS this weekend and drive. DS has a job interview on Monday at my work,...it's so close and will only be a few hours every other weekend on my weekend to work. He seems excited. He is appling for a spot as a feeding assistant,he would rather work in the kitchen and not do that but those were eve hours and he did not want to give up that kind of time. SO,.........he has his interview Monday,I feel old!

I am so excited I gave the quilt card a spin,...well kinda,no patern just cut squares and put threw the embossing folder then the top note,...but am pleased! Plan to do at card class this month,more of a pattern would be too time consuming for the galls I think,... but I intend to do a bunch of these,...what a great use of paper! I want to work on a few with the patern next.

Well I have decided after I do my taxes today I'm done with winter,even tho Tues and Wed we are supposed to have a chunk of snow! So I'm giong to clean the house and put out my spring and Easter stuff. It never fails when I do we get snow,this time I know ahead so mabie it wont come,...RIGHT????
OK,...have put it off long enough,am going to get dressed and start the taxes! YUCK!
Old 03-04-2011, 06:34 AM   #371
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbi, the patterned quilt card isn't that hard. However, the patchwork would be fun to put together. I would suggest that you have anyone who owns a Xyron sticker maker, to bring it to your class. It's a lot less time consuming instead of having to put adhesive on all the squares. I use the little "X" and run through each set of colors together. That way they are ready to go and they're stuck in one place. Easier to keep track of them. I'll be putting more 'quilts' together while I'm sitting with Vince at the art show in a couple weeks. I want to try out this week's tutorial. The card Beate made is beautiful. It would make a great symapthy card and I have 2 of them to make this week.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #372
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all the words of comfort. Dh is so overwhelmed by this identify theft. As many of you know he suffers from PTSD, diabetes and depression. Please pray for him.

Joan
Old 03-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #373
Stazon Splitcoast

He has my prayers, Joan. Hope all works out. Too bad it takes forever to straighten things out.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #374
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Debbie...

Joan
Old 03-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #375
Stazon Splitcoast

DH and I spent 5 hours yesterday with our adorable DGD. Dh was tired and bored. He never spent that much time with any of his own kids. He wanted to know why she needed someone to play with her all the time? Funny guy! My avatar is her smiling face.

Joan
Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #376
Stazon Splitcoast

What a cutie!! I'm jealous. However, there is a chance that we'll have our granddaughters for a month. Sheri may be going to Africa. She's not holding her breath for the Italy trip. She was already approved for a grant to go to Africa before she found out she was pregnant. Now she's on the waiting list. Her advisor at the school told her to get her passport because she has a real good chance of going. The only problem is the dates overlap Bailey's last weeks of school. Don't know what we're going to do yet. I can't afford to take off more than a couple of weeks since I don't get paid vacations.

The sun is shining and it was snowing, again, but looks like it quit. Guess I better go bundle up and help shovel.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #377
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie- praying things work out for Sheri! I don't get paid vacation, personal days or sick days. So I hear you loud and clear. Last I heard, we are in for another snow storm. Just what we don't need!

Joan
Old 03-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #378
Mad Swapper

hi my friends!

quick question have any of you ever been on a design team --if so could you help me in understanding what the normal procedures are and how it works.

i am on a team, and quite frankly it is so complicated that the joy has been sucked right out of me!

i am so frustrated to say the least. feel free to pm if you want to chat privately.

love to all--huge hugs!
♥Journey Coach #87♥
Old 03-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #379
Pearl-ExPert

Joan ~ Your avatar (DGD) is so cute!!! I'm praying for your DH. I know how stressful identity theft can be.

Christine ~ No design team for me. I'm much too lazy!

Gramma ~ I hope all works out for Sheri's trip (and your babysitting). How exciting for her! And what a joy it would be to have your granddaughters for a month.

Barbi ~ You must've found your matches. I spent all afternoon yesterday in my craft room. I 'processed' and cataloged about eight TAC sets I got recently, and also finished (insides of) 20 cards I made at a stamp-a-stack a couple weeks ago. I'm almost done scanning them so I can put them in my database. Then I'll put them in plastic sleeves and store them in my card rack. It felt good. I just don't know why I can't do it more often.

Today I got my hair cut and colored (highlighted). I like it a lot. DH liked it so much last time I got highlights, he wanted me to get more.

I am so sleepy, I can barely keep my eyes open.
ZZZZzzzzzzZZzzzzZZZzzzzzzzzz.......

Hugs,
Sue
Old 03-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #380
Gabfest Goddess

Hello there!

Greetings from FLORIDA!!! It is beautiful down here and by the water there is gorgeous breeze and it's just sunny and not humid - love it! It's a nice break. My back needs a massage, maybe a mini massage! We went shopping in Walmart and we got some great deals for DD she spent $100 today and got such cool clothes for her!

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Old 03-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #381
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele have a great vacation with DD.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Joan
Old 03-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #382
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Hello there!

Greetings from FLORIDA!!! It is beautiful down here and by the water there is gorgeous breeze and it's just sunny and not humid - love it! It's a nice break. My back needs a massage, maybe a mini massage! We went shopping in Walmart and we got some great deals for DD she spent $100 today and got such cool clothes for her!

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Reynold and I just got back from a brisk walk so sunny warm Florida sounds wonderful! Have a great time!
Old 03-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #383
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Sue - bet you look terrific with your do - you will have show us a picture.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #384
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
What a cutie!! I'm jealous. However, there is a chance that we'll have our granddaughters for a month. Sheri may be going to Africa. She's not holding her breath for the Italy trip. She was already approved for a grant to go to Africa before she found out she was pregnant. Now she's on the waiting list. Her advisor at the school told her to get her passport because she has a real good chance of going. The only problem is the dates overlap Bailey's last weeks of school. Don't know what we're going to do yet. I can't afford to take off more than a couple of weeks since I don't get paid vacations.

The sun is shining and it was snowing, again, but looks like it quit. Guess I better go bundle up and help shovel.

Sending my very best to you and hope everything works our well for Sheri and Bailey's school situation.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #385
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, I'm jealous. I'm tired of looking at snow. Enjoy your vacation.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #386
Mad Swapper

I am adding my Digital Cards from one of the design teams I am on..feel free to check them out and leave me some love. LOL
♥Journey Coach #87♥
Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #387
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Michele, I'm jealous. I'm tired of looking at snow. Enjoy your vacation.
Thanks I think everyone needs some spring!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #388
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everybody. We set up hospice for my mom today. It was a hard day. I haven't caught up on the thread..or anything in my life. She's been in the hospital for 3 weeks...on the brink of death twice.

But she's coming home on Thursday. She wants to be home and she's at peace.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #389
Stazon Splitcoast

Carol Lee, I'm so sorry about your mother. I will keep her and all of your family in my prayers. It's a tough thing to go through.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #390
Stazon Splitcoast

CArol Lee- Praying for you and your family.

Joan
Old 03-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #391
Gabfest Goddess

Carol praying for you and your family - praying for you during this difficult time!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:08 AM   #392
Crimping Master

Carol,I am so sorry,will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Joan,how are things going?

Michele,get some sun for me.

Sue,glad you found the matches! You have been busy!

Things here are ruff today,had another really bad day at work and I think I need to start looking for a new job. I love what I do but I can't take the politics. Not much online,... am going to be off a chunk next week for spring break,will have to do some leg work.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:21 AM   #393
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Lee View Post
Hi everybody. We set up hospice for my mom today. It was a hard day. I haven't caught up on the thread..or anything in my life. She's been in the hospital for 3 weeks...on the brink of death twice.

But she's coming home on Thursday. She wants to be home and she's at peace.

My heart so goes out to you right now Carol - this is such a hard place to walk. May God surround you with His love, mercy, grace, strength, comfort and peace.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #394
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbi, sorry about the work issues. The politics sure make it unpleasant.

Day one of the Montana Seed Show art show is done. Not many people there today. Hope tomorrow is better. We did sell one original and one print which paid for our expenses. Hopefully, we'll do better tomorrow, buy I won't hold my breath.

Have a good weekend.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #395
Stazon Splitcoast

My mom came home. She hallucinated all night and had no idea who we were. She's better today since she's got some medications and oxygen. Sleeping and much more lucid. It's so difficult to do this. I have to focus on right now or I can't cope. I didn't sleep all last night since I stayed up with her as she was so agitated. I'm taking first shift tonight so staying up til around 3 and then trying to get some sleep after that.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I hope she passes peacefully and in no pain. I guess that's the best I can hope for.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:14 AM   #396
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiejo View Post
Carol,I am so sorry,will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Joan,how are things going?

Michele,get some sun for me.

Sue,glad you found the matches! You have been busy!

Things here are ruff today,had another really bad day at work and I think I need to start looking for a new job. I love what I do but I can't take the politics. Not much online,... am going to be off a chunk next week for spring break,will have to do some leg work.
That stinks and can relate - do what makes you happy!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:15 AM   #397
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Lee View Post
My mom came home. She hallucinated all night and had no idea who we were. She's better today since she's got some medications and oxygen. Sleeping and much more lucid. It's so difficult to do this. I have to focus on right now or I can't cope. I didn't sleep all last night since I stayed up with her as she was so agitated. I'm taking first shift tonight so staying up til around 3 and then trying to get some sleep after that.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I hope she passes peacefully and in no pain. I guess that's the best I can hope for.
Carol, so sorry I know it's difficult thing to watch but you are an awesome daughter for all that you are doing. Praying for you guys.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:40 AM   #398
Stazon Splitcoast

Carol- my heart goes out to you! It was so very difficult both emotionally and physically to watch my parents during the last few months. My thoughts are with you!
Barbie- Politics at work is why most people end up hate their jobs even when they love what they do! I know that is soooooo very true for me! Thanks for asking. DH needs to get some more things together. If I was allowed to do all the calling etc, the paperwork would have been completed and in the mail!
Caterina- thinking about you!

Joan
Old 03-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #399
Pearl-ExPert

I hate when I type a big long message and then touch something wrong and it disappears! Arrrrgggg!!!

Maybe later......

Hugs,
Sue
Old 03-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #400
Crimping Master

Carol,...hang in there!