Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Stamping Servant
  • 1 Post By duranfan
  • 1 Post By stamp2bless

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #1
Crimping Master

Default Please pray for my son and college

My handsome, smart, funny wonderful son has applied and gotten into some really good schools. He's also received some good scholarship money, although not nearly enough to pay for them. He was invited to a Scholarship weekend at one of them, to compete for 2 different fellowships, which would have provided a lot of money should he receive one. We realized tonight the deadline to register was last Friday. He thought it was the 25th. My heart hurts so badly. It is a great school and a really good fit for him if we could get enough scholarship/financial aid for him to go. I have already emailed, and he will too, the person in charge to see if we can still get an interview scheduled for him, but it's doubtful. This is too big a mistake, I would really appreciate prayers for them to have mercy on him and schedule an interview for him. And if that doesn't work, that some other doors will open for him. Thank you so much.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:59 AM   #2
Hardware Hotshot

I just saw your prayer request and, although I know it's been days since you requested prayer, I've just stopped and had prayer for you and your son. Nothing is impossible with God and He desires the best for your son!
muscrat likes this post.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #3
Crimping Master

Thank you for your kind words. Praise Godwe were able to contact the school in time and he is still able to go for an interview this weekend.

Unfortunately, last week he got his financial aid package from a school the other day. They're offering very little (although he got a huge scholarship, there leaves a lot left to pay). He really wants to go to a private, liberal arts type school, but that's not what we can afford. He has decided all hope is lost, all his hard work has been for nothing, no other school will give him any more, and he will have to go to our state school. It's a really good school, though, and he was accepted to the Honors program there, which is a big achievement. It's not where he wants to go. He's so upset and acting like the world has come to an end.😢
Stamping Servant likes this post.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:59 PM   #4
Proud Fan Club Member

When one door closes God opens another one. If your son will give this school a chance it might turn out to be the best thing for him. He sounds very smart so I think he will figure it out in time.
Marcia
Old 03-04-2015, 06:00 PM   #5
Inking Addict

I just saw your post also. I want to share some things with you. Even after 20 years as a Christian i still am learning that God is in control. I am sure your son does not want to hear anything like that. All he is feeling is- why? Why did i miss the deadline? Why will i have to go to a school that i really don't think i will like? As a young person, something they see as a setback seems like the end of the world, when really it could be something great. Keep praying for him- that God gives him peace and that it works out the way God wants it to. I will keep praying for him too. I understand.
My 13 year old is trying to test into an academy high school. We are praying she gets in. That said, we told her that if God has other plans, it will all be alright. God will make a way for her no matter where she goes. I don't mean this as a cliche answer but just an acknowledgment of God's sovereignty. He loves us and wants the best for us.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:10 AM   #6
Crimping Master

I totally agree that God is on control and that His plan is perfect. Unfortunately, my son is not a believer. Plus, at his young age, it's probably hard to see (or hear) that things work out for the best. He did go to his interview, but we haven't heard the results yet. I'm so thankful he got to go, and that he had some one-on-one time with his dad.

It's been quite an emotional roller coaster. He's gotten in some great schools, then we find out that even with scholarship, they aren't giving him the money he needs to go. He got into a very competitive school, and was devastated that, although they're considered tops in financial aid, they weren't giving m much. They emailed yesterday almost doubling his grant! He's going to visit, and now that school is in reach for him. God is so good!
Old 03-27-2015, 07:30 AM   #7
Matboard Maniac

I am keeping you and your son in my prayers. This was such a touchy time in our family's life as well. And in the end, everything turned out so very well. Sometimes I have to learn to wait patiently while God works everything out. And I mean everything. That gift of Faith which I hopefully gave to all of my children will be used when God calls them and He does. I hope your life will be filled with delight. Blessings.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:53 AM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

Just read our request. I will pray for your son. He probably feels very down and upset with himself. Don't give up hope. One of my son's wanted to attend a private college. The ordinal financial package was very little. However, he continued to show interest in this college. he went on an overnight visit. while there, he stopped in the financial aid office and spoke to the director. With God's hands the director told him someone had just decided not to attend. he would see what he could do. A few days later, they found another scholarship he could have applied for initially. It helped! I am not saying this could happen. But who knows! As others have said, God is in control. Make the best of what He hands you and go for it. we know this. However, it can be hard for teens. Praying