Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree216Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #3801
Gabfest Goddess

Asking for prayer for my friend Nancy and her DD. Her DD is struggling right now and was on watch at college and they brought her home this weekend.

Please lift them up!

I greatly appreciate you ladies
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #3802
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Asking for prayer for my friend Nancy and her DD. Her DD is struggling right now and was on watch at college and they brought her home this weekend.

Please lift them up!

I greatly appreciate you ladies

May the Lord intervene for your friend Nancy and her DD as only He can as He showers down His unlimited grace, mercy, love, goodness, healing and peace.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #3803
Proud Fan Club Member

Talked to the doctor again today. He said blood sugar was excellent and so was iron. One more test to come back and then we are going to meet and put a plan into action!! I wish I had gone to this doctor in the first place, however, who would think to go to a dermatologist for mouth/tongue issues?? It's been 14 months, 5 doctors, lots of bloodtests, and possibly now getting somewhere!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #3804
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Talked to the doctor again today. He said blood sugar was excellent and so was iron. One more test to come back and then we are going to meet and put a plan into action!! I wish I had gone to this doctor in the first place, however, who would think to go to a dermatologist for mouth/tongue issues?? It's been 14 months, 5 doctors, lots of bloodtests, and possibly now getting somewhere!
Thankful for this doctor and prayers for an easy remedy.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #3805
Stampin' Fool

I got a call last night that my mother, whom I see at least twice a week, was being put on hospice. I was shocked and stunned, believing my mother wouldn't choose that right now, but also knowing I may have some denial. She has COPD and dementia, both worsening. Don't know if the timing is right for hospice, since I hear they stop the curative meds and therapies.

I had to laugh a little, me searching "hospice" on SCS. However, I knew there'd be a thread that would somehow help with this. And, of course, it's the prayer thread! Thanks and God bless you!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:19 AM   #3806
Proud Fan Club Member

Leslie, praying for you and for your mother through this difficult time.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #3807
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicicara View Post
I got a call last night that my mother, whom I see at least twice a week, was being put on hospice. I was shocked and stunned, believing my mother wouldn't choose that right now, but also knowing I may have some denial. She has COPD and dementia, both worsening. Don't know if the timing is right for hospice, since I hear they stop the curative meds and therapies.

I had to laugh a little, me searching "hospice" on SCS. However, I knew there'd be a thread that would somehow help with this. And, of course, it's the prayer thread! Thanks and God bless you!
Leslie, can well understand what you are going through with your mom. My own mother has health problems and dementia. It is a difficult road to walk but please know the Lord is walking by your side, holding you in His loving comfort and peace. May God put the right people in your mom's path to give her the very best care possible.

Hope this will be encouraging to you...

God cares about every detail of your life...
He collects every tear in a bottle. (Psalm 56:8 )
He numbers every hair on your head. (Luke 12:7)
He knows every hurt in your heart. (Psalm 34:18 )

The Lord knows all you are going through.
He loves you, He cares for you,
and He will make sure not one detail is overlooked.
Thinking of You and Praying too
Old 05-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #3808
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Leslie, hospice is not what it used to be. I used to be just "end care" - but now it is so much more than that. Hospice serves not only the patient but the care givers and family - helping them to adjust to the current and coming situation. Do call hospice and see what they can offer you as well as what they are doing for you mom.

You are in my prayers.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #3809
Stazon Splitcoast

Leslie- You came to the right place! Praying for you! My mom was in hospice care. Please ask questions and take the help they can offer you as a caregiver. it is hard but it was helpful for me! May God send comfort and knowledge to you, your family and the medical personnel.

“If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.”

John D. Rockefeller

Joan
Old 05-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #3810
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Prayer, America's Hope

No ocean can hold it back.
No river can overtake it.
No whirlwind can go faster.
No army can defeat it.
No law can stop it.
No distance can slow it.
No disease can cripple it.
No force on earth is more powerful or effective
than the power of prayer.

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you. Psalm 33:22

Prayer is America's hope. Today, Thursday, May 3rd is the 61st Annual Observance of the National Day of Prayer. Join with millions of people in prayer for America. We invite you to be part of interceding for our nation, leaders, communities and families. One prayer, one heart at a time, we can change our nation!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #3811
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please keep my husband, Reynold in prayer for the eye surgery he will be having on Monday. He must be fully awake for it and I am more nervous about it than he is.

Thanks so much!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #3812
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Please keep my husband, Reynold in prayer for the eye surgery he will be having on Monday. He must be fully awake for it and I am more nervous about it than he is.

Thanks so much!
You, your darling husband and family are in my thoughts and prayers.
(((((Hugs)))))

Adele
Old 05-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #3813
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by avicmarmass View Post
You, your darling husband and family are in my thoughts and prayers.
(((((Hugs)))))

Adele

Thanks so much Adele.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #3814
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- Praying for Reynolds.
Leslie- Thinking of you!

Praying for all needs.

“If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.”

John D. Rockefeller

Joan
Old 05-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #3815
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Caterina- Praying for Reynolds.
Leslie- Thinking of you!

Praying for all needs.

Thanks Joan
Old 05-07-2012, 07:06 AM   #3816
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please pray for my sweet little buddy Tyler - here is the latest update.

Prayers for Tyler

Hello, just a short update on Tyler, not much change. He is still on IVs and mom is just worn out having to hook Tyler up ever two hours, even through the night. He still has his nurse coming out to the house and he looks a little better to me.

Dr Rodriguez office called and changed his appointment to May 24th because he had to go out of town. He said that the nurse will get help if Tyler needs it before the 24th. I have all ready contacted the Ronald MC Donald house to changed things with them. Gees we live 600 miles from Maryland and it is hard to get everything arranged - guess it can not be helped.

Thanks to each of you for loving Tyler and our family and helping Tyler keep all his appointments. Thanks to Courage Kids for sending gas cards and the Panera gift card [Debbie flash, we love you ]. I thank God each day that he placed you all in our lives because you care that Tyler is still here with us and that alone is a great gift from God. I thank you on here no mater what you have done we are grateful. I will put all the cards up for the 24th.

Tyler had infection in his toes. Took him to a doctor in Greenville and it was in both toes so they had to cut them to drain infection out. Please sign Tyler's Caringbridge site or tylertucker.com so we know you were there praying for Tyler.

Little Rebel changed Tyler's benefit until August so I am going to try have another yard sale for him if I can get stuff donated for the sale. Trying to find a church that will let us have the sale so if it would rain we can still have it. If you live in Greenville or surrounding area, we can arrange to pick up or email me and you can drop off items - thanks in advance.

--
FROGgin’ (F.R.O.G. – Fully Rely On God)

CaringBridge / Tyler Tucker / Welcome

Thanks so much!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #3817
Stampin' Fool

Thank you very much for your prayers for my mother. We did start hospice services for her (dementia and copd) on Thursday, and the people have been WONDERFUL!

I greatly appreciate your prayers, and I have directly felt Our Father's love. He's good all the time.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #3818
Gabfest Goddess

Leslie, I am so glad that you have some peace with the situation and prayers for continued peace that passes understanding which only comes from God himself! Hugs & Prayers
Old 05-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #3819
Stazon Splitcoast

Leslie- I am happy to hear that it has been a positive experience for you and your mom. I will continue to pray.

John D. Rockefeller

Joan
Old 05-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #3820
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just brought Reynold home from Sinai Hospital and he is sleeping. Unfortunately, he went through the cutting, etc. only to find that the doctor was unable to cut through the scar tissue from the last surgery. The next step will be more invasive under general anesthesia and inpatient. Thanks for your prayers.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #3821
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Thank you very much for your prayers for my mother. We did start hospice services for her (dementia and copd) on Thursday, and the people have been WONDERFUL!

I greatly appreciate your prayers, and I have directly felt Our Father's love. He's good all the time.

So grateful to the Lord for His loving watch care and for the wonderful people He has put in place.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #3822
Compulsive Stamper

Default Praying for your husband and his eye health.

I can only imagine what a disappointment it must've been for him that the dr. couldn't take care of the problem when he was in there, and having to have an incision despite the lack of progress in his treatment.

Will be praying for him and for you.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #3823
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyLouStamps View Post
I can only imagine what a disappointment it must've been for him that the dr. couldn't take care of the problem when he was in there, and having to have an incision despite the lack of progress in his treatment.

Will be praying for him and for you.

Thanks so much Cindy.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:56 AM   #3824
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Mother's Day!

John D. Rockefeller

Joan
Old 05-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #3825
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Happy Mother's Day!

So love that quote!!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #3826
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
Old 05-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #3827
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- I have been praying for Nancy and her daughter. How are things going for them?

by the way my avatar is my mom in 1933, not ME! lol

John D. Rockefeller

Joan
Old 05-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #3828
Gabfest Goddess

Asking for prayer for Logan and Mason. They were born early and weigh about 2 lbs each. One of them, i believe Logan, is having some difficulties. Please keep these boys and their mom and dad lifted up!

Thank you!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #3829
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Asking for prayer for Logan and Mason. They were born early and weigh about 2 lbs each. One of them, i believe Logan, is having some difficulties. Please keep these boys and their mom and dad lifted up!

Thank you!

Michele, may the Lord truly surround these precious babies with His loving protection and pour out His healing as He gives comfort and peace to mom and dad.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #3830
Gabfest Goddess

Cat, thank you! I hope Reynold is doing well, thinking of him!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #3831
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Cat, thank you! I hope Reynold is doing well, thinking of him!

Thanks Michele, he has a doctor's appointment on Thursday for pain in his left hand. Also, on Monday, he will see the eye doctor to discuss additional surgery.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #3832
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Sweet Ally (6) has neuroblastoma and this is the latest update - thanks for your prayers.

Prayers Please!!!!

Ally is really struggling right now. She hasn't eaten in over a week, she has mouth sores and is in a lot of pain. She is very week and vomiting blood. Please I ask if you could please pray for her right now!

Also if you could please pray for dad right now because he is with her and is hurting terribly inside to see her through this.....

You may read other journal updates and post entries to the Guestbook by visiting Ally Marie 's page:

View Ally Marie's Page: Cole's Pages
Old 05-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #3833
Glitter Queen

Praying for sweet Ally and her family.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #3834
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by avicmarmass View Post
Praying for sweet Ally and her family.

Thanks Adele, just spoke with her daddy and this poor little girl needs the Lord's healing.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #3835
Proud Fan Club Member

Just prayed for Ally....
Old 05-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #3836
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Just prayed for Ally....

Thanks so much
Old 05-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #3837
Stazon Splitcoast

praying for Ally, Logan and Mason!

John D. Rockefeller

Joan
Old 05-18-2012, 03:27 AM   #3838
Proud Fan Club Member

Going away for the weekend. I have two prayer requests...minor in the scheme of things, but I sure could use some others on my team! My DS is getting married on June 2 outside, with no back up plans. Please pray for a beautiful weekend for us! Also, I have a job interview on Thursday. I haven't worked a steady job in nearly 30 years so I am only looking for part time. This is part time, but five days a week and early shift. It will be hard getting up early, especially on those nights when I haven't slept well, which is a lot! If I can handle it, I am praying God will open the doors wide, and if not, I'm okay with that too...Thanks to my prayer warriors. I miss my MIL who prayed for me daily! In less than a month, she will have been gone a year!
Old 05-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #3839
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Going away for the weekend. I have two prayer requests...minor in the scheme of things, but I sure could use some others on my team! My DS is getting married on June 2 outside, with no back up plans. Please pray for a beautiful weekend for us! Also, I have a job interview on Thursday. I haven't worked a steady job in nearly 30 years so I am only looking for part time. This is part time, but five days a week and early shift. It will be hard getting up early, especially on those nights when I haven't slept well, which is a lot! If I can handle it, I am praying God will open the doors wide, and if not, I'm okay with that too...Thanks to my prayer warriors. I miss my MIL who prayed for me daily! In less than a month, she will have been gone a year!

Trusting the Lord to give your DS a perfect day for the wedding and open the right doors for a job for you. Have a blessed weekend with better night's sleep!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #3840
Pearl-ExPert

Kathy
Praying for you as well. I know how stressful weddings can be even if there is a backup plan. But we serve a BIG God and all things will work out for the best. Also praying that God will provide just the right job for you.