Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree216Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #3601
Cardstock Collector

Good Morning All,

I am new to this group/forum I must say I lucked out on this; I was researching something else and came upon this site. After joining last night, I spent so much time going through different areas that I ended up logging off close to midnight. Out of all the other sites that I have visited, there are none that make you feel so welcome. Very informative, I truly believe god place you in the company of good people when he sees where you are at in your life.

Prayer is powerful, and sometimes my faith is not centered on god because I am so down that I can’t pray for myself. I don’t feel that it is necessary to write a book and lay my problems out to everyone; that is what a therapist is for. However I was looking at the news yesterday in regards to Demi Moore, and her heath since her separation. One has to realize that although she is an actress, she has to deal with problems just like everyone else. Separation is not easy to go through; it affects your mental and physical health, that’s one thing I do know.

God’s Message for me today is: Not to be discouraged. Life can disappoint and send all kinds of setbacks. Don’t let them get to you. No matter the circumstances, God is ready to encourage you. Come to Him and find the comfort you need.

I am already encourage being in the company of a great group of women, thanks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:51 AM   #3602
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunash View Post
Good Morning All,

I am new to this group/forum I must say I lucked out on this; I was researching something else and came upon this site. After joining last night, I spent so much time going through different areas that I ended up logging off close to midnight. Out of all the other sites that I have visited, there are none that make you feel so welcome. Very informative, I truly believe god place you in the company of good people when he sees where you are at in your life.

Prayer is powerful, and sometimes my faith is not centered on god because I am so down that I canít pray for myself. I donít feel that it is necessary to write a book and lay my problems out to everyone; that is what a therapist is for. However I was looking at the news yesterday in regards to Demi Moore, and her heath since her separation. One has to realize that although she is an actress, she has to deal with problems just like everyone else. Separation is not easy to go through; it affects your mental and physical health, thatís one thing I do know.

Godís Message for me today is: Not to be discouraged. Life can disappoint and send all kinds of setbacks. Donít let them get to you. No matter the circumstances, God is ready to encourage you. Come to Him and find the comfort you need.

Welcome Alexis!!! So good to have you join us. I agree with you that this is a wonderful, caring group. I have rarely ever come across negativity like you find on other forums. I've made friends from all over the world, and since loosing my prayer warrior MIL (mother in law) in June, I've come to count on the prayer warriors here. I've not been disappointed! Again, welcome!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #3603
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Good Morning All,

Prayer is powerful, and sometimes my faith is not centered on god because I am so down that I canít pray for myself. I donít feel that it is necessary to write a book and lay my problems out to everyone; that is what a therapist is for. However I was looking at the news yesterday in regards to Demi Moore, and her heath since her separation. One has to realize that although she is an actress, she has to deal with problems just like everyone else. Separation is not easy to go through; it affects your mental and physical health, thatís one thing I do know.

Godís Message for me today is: Not to be discouraged. Life can disappoint and send all kinds of setbacks. Donít let them get to you. No matter the circumstances, God is ready to encourage you. Come to Him and find the comfort you need.

Alexis, so very grateful to the Lord that you found us and extremely happy to have you join. Please know you have friends here. Do not know your particular circumstances but trusting God to cover you with His love, comfort, grace, mercy and peace. Sending lots of hugs your way.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #3604
Cardstock Collector

Kathy,
Thanks so much for your warm welcome, first impressions says a lot. Yes the group as a whole make up this site, however it's the tone that has been set by the moderators. Once again thanks, and enjoy the remainder of your day and week.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #3605
Cardstock Collector

Caterina..
Thanks for your many hugs and kind words, they really warm my heart. Make today a great day and enjoy the remainder of your week.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #3606
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please keep sweet 10 year old Tyler in prayer along with his aunt. Here is the latest from his Cole's Pages site.

Tyler is in Maryland seeing Dr. Rodrigues. I talked to the doctor and he said that Tylerís new jaw has to come out. It has already started poking through the skin and causing lots of pain. Tyler will be home today and returns to Maryland on the 26th of February for another follow up.

Doctors are getting ready to replace his jaw with yet another plastic jaw. He still cannot get the blood to change so that it will work with Dadís bone. If he canít fix the blood problem, thereís a good chance that the transplant drugs would cause a cancer remission. So the transplant is on hold for now. Gees, how many more surgeries can Tyler take? Dr. Rodriguez said that he is really worried about Tyler. I donít think surgery will be on the 26th, but soon.

Please pray for our family. I am sitting at the hospital with my daughter Tammy. She had a wreck and broke her neck, and has a fracture in her backbone. I sat in ICU eight days and nights with her. Tammy is doing a little better, but has a long way to go. She will be sent to another hospital for therapy. Please say a prayer for her. Itís so hard on me now with Tammy and Tyler both having so much medical treatment. Tammy will never be able to drive again.

Please, please pray for Tyler and Tammy. Hug your kids let them know you love them. You donít know what tomorrow may bring.

Thank you so much.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #3607
Stazon Splitcoast

Certainly will be praying for Tyler, Tammy and their family. That sure is a lot for anyone to deal with at once.

ďIf you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.Ē

John D. Rockefeller

Joan
Old 01-28-2012, 06:45 AM   #3608
Cardstock Collector

Praying for Tyler and Tammy, this is scripture that I I focus on a lot, and I am sending it to Tyler, Tammy and their family.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Psalm 23: 1-6
Old 01-28-2012, 06:50 AM   #3609
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Certainly will be praying for Tyler, Tammy and their family. That sure is a lot for anyone to deal with at once.

Thank you, Joan, this little boy has had nearly 50 surgeries and his family is extremely in need of much prayer. Was so shocked to hear that Tammy was in such a terrible accident on top of everything else this family has endured.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:51 AM   #3610
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Praying for Tyler and Tammy, this is scripture that I I focus on a lot, and I am sending it to Tyler, Tammy and their family.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Psalm 23: 1-6

Thank you, Alexis
Old 01-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #3611
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

update: they sent my granddaddy home today with hospice. continue to pray if its time for him to go please let him go peacefully. dont let him suffer. i appreciate the prayers.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #3612
Stazon Splitcoast

Nichole- continue to pray for peace and comfort. Take care of yourself. Hugs across the miles!

ďIf you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.Ē

John D. Rockefeller

Joan
Old 01-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #3613
Gabfest Goddess

asking for prayers
Old 01-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #3614
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Michele hope your ok, seen you FB status. Praying for you girl.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #3615
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
update: they sent my granddaddy home today with hospice. continue to pray if its time for him to go please let him go peacefully. dont let him suffer. i appreciate the prayers.

Nichole, may God's loving comfort and peace flow abundantly over your sweet granddaddy and all the family. <3
Old 01-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #3616
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
asking for prayers

Michele, trusting the Lord to surround you with His loving grace, encouraging presence and comforting peace. <3 (((hugs)))
Old 01-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #3617
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
asking for prayers
Praying for you today...

Nichole, praying for granddaddy too and your family during this difficult time.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:12 AM   #3618
Gabfest Goddess

Thank you ladies - feeling so overwhelmed.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #3619
Pearl-ExPert

Arrow

Before Christmas we found out that my FIL had cancer in quite a number of places. They tried Chemo but the tumors are growing in size and quantity. They just stopped Chemo all together. His name is Fred Meyer (he's my husband's step dad but has been there since my husband was 2 yrs old) and he does not know Christ as his Savior. He's never been receptive to hearing the gospel but on one prior visit he really wanted to discuss our faith and why we believed. I became very hopeful. On our last visit he was right back to "that religious stuff isn't for me". They are only giving him about two months at best. Please pray for Fred. He's been a wonderful Dad to my husband and a good FIL and grandfather. My husband is upset that Fred may very well make the wrong choice here. My MIL (Peg) hasn't been to church since our wedding (35 yrs ago) and is depending on the fact that she and Fred have been a "good" people. My FIL is 88 and my MIL is 91. Please pray for salvation and if God so chooses, that my DH would be privy to Fred's decision and know that Fred made the right decision. That would be such a comfort to him. Thanks for your prayers. I do not post often on this thread but I do come here and keep the needs I see in prayer.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #3620
Proud Fan Club Member

Lousie, adding Fred to my prayer list. God is good and nothing is impossible. I believe...and will pray that your husband will know of his decision.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:59 AM   #3621
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Lousie, adding Fred to my prayer list. God is good and nothing is impossible. I believe...and will pray that your husband will know of his decision.
Thanks ever so much Kathy. You are right. God is good and He is gracious. He will give Fred every opportunity through our prayers.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #3622
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Thank you ladies - feeling so overwhelmed.
Michele, please know my heart goes out to you and anytime you want to come away and visit, the guest room is ready. <3
Old 01-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #3623
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Louise, trusting the Lord's love and mercy to overflow in a very special way as He draws Fred to salvation through His wonderful Son, Jesus. May the Holy Spirit truly make His presence evident as only He can.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #3624
Cardstock Collector

Default Would like prayers and any raks I will give back

I know how powerful prayer is and I am needing a lot right now. My husband, Marc is in the beginning of the severe stage of Alzheimer Disease. I stopped work to be his full time caregiver. I was only working part time. It is overwhelming, all I have to do. Pray that I get legal guardianship Feb. 7th. Pray that we get more financial help through medicare or medicaid for home health care. Everyone tells me I need to take care of myself but I don't know people here. Our church helps some and Marc's father helps some, but we still have other needs that need to be taken care of.
I could use some funny or encouragement cards right now.
Debbie Slone
203 Hampton Lee Court
Apt. 1-C
Cary, NC 27513

Thank you all for reading this, praying and responding. I want to try to send a card to anyone who RAKs me.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #3625
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraslone View Post
I know how powerful prayer is and I am needing a lot right now. My husband, Marc is in the beginning of the severe stage of Alzheimer Disease. I stopped work to be his full time caregiver. I was only working part time. It is overwhelming, all I have to do. Pray that I get legal guardianship Feb. 7th. Pray that we get more financial help through medicare or medicaid for home health care. Everyone tells me I need to take care of myself but I don't know people here. Our church helps some and Marc's father helps some, but we still have other needs that need to be taken care of.
Debbie Slone
203 Hampton Lee Court
Apt. 1-C
Cary, NC 27513

Thank you all for reading this, praying and responding. I want to try to send a card to anyone who RAKs me.
Card will be in the mail tomorrow. Praying even as I write this. You certainly do not need to feel like you have to send me a card back. But DO spend at least some time in your craft room just "for you." You will be no good to Marc if you do not take care of yourself - physically, mentally & spiritually. Praying for you all.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #3626
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraslone View Post
Debbie Slone
203 Hampton Lee Court
Apt. 1-C
Cary, NC 27513

Debbie, this is a very difficult road to walk and asking God to shower His grace, comfort, encouragement and peace over you. It will be a privilege to send you a card.

Not need to send a card back to me. Just keep hanging in there and know the Lord loves and cares about you very much.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #3627
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for Fred and his family!

John D. Rockefeller

Joan
Old 01-31-2012, 10:12 PM   #3628
Proud Fan Club Member

Default prayer for a business.

Hello to a beautiful giving group of ladies. I feel the love here. I would appreciate prayers for the new business we are setting up for our daughter. I pray that I will find my spirituality again thru this thread, It has been lost for a long time and I need it back. I hope this request is OK.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Susan
Old 02-01-2012, 07:14 AM   #3629
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards are me View Post
Hello to a beautiful giving group of ladies. I feel the love here. I would appreciate prayers for the new business we are setting up for our daughter. I pray that I will find my spirituality again thru this thread, It has been lost for a long time and I need it back. I hope this request is OK.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Susan

Hello, Susan and Welcome!!! So very grateful to have you. Trusting God to bless you, your daughter and the new business as He draws you closer to Him.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #3630
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please, please, please pray for sweet Mia, her twin brother, Noah and her family. So want the Lord to heal this brave precious princess.

Deep breaths and enjoying her laughter

The dose reduction of Mia's chemo has allowed her mouth sores to heal, and her IV antibiotics have cleared her body of the blood infection, but unfortunately the dose of 6mp isn't high enough to keep her comfortable. Mia's leg pain returned on Monday and we started giving her pain meds around the clock. At her last doctor visit earlier this week, we learned that Mia's blast levels in her blood jumped up to 43% from 5%, we decided to switch Chemo one more time and we started oral Etopiside on Tuesday night. Mia has had this drug IV, but never oral and so far she looks better. Within 24 hours her leg pain went away and as of yesterday she has made a 150% improvement with her overall attitude. We hope the etopiside is able to knock down the blasts and hopeful that this can give us extra time with our baby!

Mia and Casey are at the hospital today getting lab work and a possible transfusion and Noah and I have a full plate of errands that includes: Bounce House, Eye Doctor, and most important picking out a few last minute things for the Daddy and Daughter Princess Ball tomorrow night for Daddy and Mia!

Please pray this new chemo helps reduce her blasts. Her body has seen so much that she is so sensitive to all drugs and her Leukemia continues to build resistance to existing chemos. Casey and I know that this drug isn't the cure, but all we can ask for is time and good time together as a family. We're taking deep breaths everyday and enjoying her laughter. We will always hope that research will have another breakthrough that will help her and we will do what we can to help fundraise for all the kids fighting cancer.

Here is Mia's site CaringBridge / Mia Deligeannis / Welcome

Thanks so much!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #3631
Pearl-ExPert

I can only imagine what this girl and the family are going through. Praying for them... and you for you Caterina.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #3632
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldumont999 View Post
I can only imagine what this girl and the family are going through. Praying for them... and you for you Caterina.

Thank you so very much Louise. My heart hurts for all these precious children and their families.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #3633
Proud Fan Club Member

If anyone is up this late, DS just left to take a truck load to Mass. It is a five hour trip up and then another five back and he's worked all day. Please pray for him to stay awake and for God to protect him on the roads.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #3634
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy- thinking of your DS! May he have God as his copilot!

John D. Rockefeller

Joan
Old 02-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #3635
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Kathy- thinking of your DS! May he have God as his copilot!
Thank you! Glad someone else is up to pray for him. I'll sleep better knowing we have brought him before God and has the best copilot ever!
Old 02-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #3636
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
If anyone is up this late, DS just left to take a truck load to Mass. It is a five hour trip up and then another five back and he's worked all day. Please pray for him to stay awake and for God to protect him on the roads.
Trusting God kept your DS safe and protected last night and always.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #3637
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, DS is home and sleeping! Thanks for the prayers.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #3638
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Have been following this sweet little boy for a long time and was privileged to spend time with him at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Please pray for Tyler and his family as well as pray for the funds Tyler so desperately needs. Tyler has had nearly 50 surgeries. The following is the latest update from Tyler's caringbridge site. Thanks so much!

HELLO EVERY ONE
IT IS THREE IN THE MORNING AND I CAN NOT SLEEP AGAIN.
THE LAST THREE WEEKS HAVE BEEN JUST TERRIBLE BUT TYLER HAS HAD A COUPLE OF GOOD WEEKS. HIS LITTLE JAW STILL SWOLLEN BUT LOOKS A LITTLE BETTER THAN IT DID. TYLER STILL HAVING TO TAKE HIS PAIN MEDICATION BUT NOT AS OFTEN BECAUSE HIS LEGS ARE STILL HURTING ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS REALLY COLD OR RAINING.

MOM ASHLEY, DAD RICHIE AND PAPA TOOK ALL FOUR BOYS TO THE PARK YESTERDAY. TYLER HAD A GOOD TIME WATCHING THEM PLAY. TYLER ALWAYS TAKES HIS IPAD THAT SOME SPECIAL FRIENDS GAVE HIM. HE LOVES THE THE IPAD AND IS SO GRATEFUL.

I AM TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING ARRANGED FOR ANOTHER TRIP TO MARYLAND. DR RODRIGUEZ'S SAID THAT THE JAW HE JUST PUT IN MUST COME OUT. DR. RODRIGUEZ WILL BE LOOKING AT TYLER'S JAW AND GIVING US DATES FOR ANOTHER SURGERY. SO TYLER NEEDS TO GET TO MARYLAND ON FEBRUARY 23RD.

WITHOUT YOUR DONATIONS HE CANNOT GO TO GET THE TREATMENTS HE NEEDS. SO PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE ANY EXTRA, PLEASE CAN YOU HELP TYLER? PLEASE DO, BECAUSE FUNDS ARE REALLY LOW. THIS IS SO DEPRESSING BUT I KNOW GOD HAS MY HAND AND HE HAS PLANS FOR TYTY.

YOU CAN DONATE AT TYLERTUCKER.COM

MAILING ADDRESS
Tyler Tucker
c/o Darlene Cox
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610

OR MY PAY PAL ACCOUNT
TURPIN10648@BELLSOUTH.NET

BECAUSE OF SOCIAL SECURITY, ALL CHECKS HAVE TO HAVE MY NAME ON THEM. PLEASE PUT DARLENE COX OR TYLER TUCKER

SOCIAL SECURITY WAS GOING TO STOP HIS LITTLE SIX HUNDRED A MONTH BECAUSE HE HAD A CHECKING ACCOUNT AND DAD WAS LIVING IN THE HOME. DAD IS STILL WAITING FOR BONE TRANSPLANT, HAS NO CAR AND LIVES EIGHT MILES FROM ANYTHING. THERE ARE NO BUSES THAT RUN HERE SO HE IS IN A PICKLE NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO HAVING NO JOB. TYLER'S SOCIAL SECURITY FUNDS PAY THE LIGHTS AND RENT.

I KEEP UP WITH TYLER'S DONATIONS AND IT IS USED JUST FOR TYLER'S MEDICAL NEEDS. I PROMISE IT IS SPENT ON TYLER'S NEEDS ONLY.
WE ARE SO GRATEFUL TO ALL TYLER'S ANGELS OUT THERE.

TYLER STILL LOVES THE SNAIL MAIL SO DROP HIM A CARD IF YOU HAVE TIME AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS.

PLEASE PLEASE KISS YOUR KIDS AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM FOR YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING. I WATCHED MY DAUGHTER BEING CUT OUT OF A CAR THREE WEEKS AGO. SHE WAS IN ICU AND DOCTORS DIDN'T THINK SHE WOULD LIVE BUT BUY THE GRACE OF GOD SHE IS STILL WITH US. SHE IS STILL IN BAD SHAPE BUT WILL BE OK THANK GOD. I SAT AT THE HOSPITAL EIGHT DAYS AND NIGHTS WITHOUT LEAVING HER SIDE. PRAYING, ASKING GOD TO PLEASE LET HER LIVE. GOD HEARD AND DID LET HER LIVE. SHE WILL HAVE TO HAVE A LOT OF THERAPY BECAUSE OF HER BROKEN NECK AS WELL AS A BONE BROKEN IN HER BACK. SHE HAD SURGERY AND HAD CADAVER BONE PUT INTO HER NECK SO SAY A PRAYER FOR TAMMY.

GOD BLESS EACH OF TYLER'S ANGELS WE LOVE YOU ALL.
--
FROGginí (F.R.O.G. Ė Fully Rely On God)
for
Tyler

turpin10648@gmail.com
Tyler Tucker
Old 02-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #3639
Gabfest Goddess

Prayers for DD & DH please!!
Old 02-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #3640
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele-Prayers are being said right now!

John D. Rockefeller

Joan