Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 07:05 AM   #321
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning friends from Oklahoma, thank you so very much for your prayers for sweet Sicily. Her fevers are gone so it looks like their triop to Florida is still on for Sunday.

Reynold and I spent the afternoon and evening visiting with Sicily and her family in their home yesterday. Hated to leave them but cannot express how very grateful to the Lord I am for this awesome trip.

Ellen, so good to hear from you - you are missed.

Sending my best to all.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #322
Gabfest Goddess

Hi girls, Cat so happy that you got to visit Sicily - had to be wonderful. So glad Florida trip can happen.

Ellen, it is so good to see you post! I miss you too! I hope all is well praying for you - I think of you often.

Barb, I need to post here more often - I miss you too!

Joan, and everyone I love all of you wonderful women and love that we have this thread to connect even if it is not as often as I would like - just letting you all know sending some love your way!

Hugs,
Michele
Old 07-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #323
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- Hoe good God is... you were able to meet a family that you have supported from afar. Glad that the visit was a positive one.
Michele- my friend I like you are very thankful for this thread!
Have a great weekend.

Joan
Old 07-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #324
Pearl-ExPert

Location: I don't know but wherever I am, I'VE GOTTA CUT BACK ON THE CAFFIENE!!!!!

Im not ignoring you girls , I am just really sick right now with bronchitis and walking pneumonia so please be patient with me. Hope everybody is doing well. I went to dr today and got some meds so hopefully will start feeling better in a few days but until then I will be in the bed with no voice from raw vocal cords due to severe coughing!

hUGS,
sARA

No Matter How Hard your Situation, Try to Always remember that someone out there is always having a harder go of it than you!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #325
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Sara- I hope you feel better very soon. I have been wondering. Still praying for you guys all the time.

Joan
Old 07-21-2009, 03:06 AM   #326
Stampin' Fool

Location: Rockville, Maryland, near my family.... enjoying my grandkids!
Send a message via Yahoo to bsgstamps4fun

Sara, so sorry to hear you are sick. Take care of yourself. Prayers for you continue.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:08 AM   #327
Gabfest Goddess

Sara, so sorry to hear your not feeling well. Please take care of yourself.

Michele
Old 07-21-2009, 03:13 AM   #328
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning dear friends, thinking of each of you.

Sara, please take extra good care of yourself.

Would appreciate prayer today for physical needs - having heart palpitations and trouble breathing - thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 05:52 AM   #329
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- I am praying right now for you. Do you have a heart condition? Take some time for yourself today. You are always thinking of others. Hugs
Hi Michele and Barb.

Joan
Old 07-21-2009, 07:36 AM   #330
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Caterina- I am praying right now for you. Do you have a heart condition? Take some time for yourself today. You are always thinking of others. Hugs
Hi Michele and Barb.

Thanks for your prayers - went back to bed and slept for a few hours. Hae had a heart cath/stress test, etc. and my heart seems to be fine. Every now and then, I just get short on breath and have heart flutters... ol' age
Old 07-21-2009, 07:45 AM   #331
Stazon Splitcoast

That's the same problem that my older sister 72 yrs old) was having. They even did an angiogram. She found out that her heart and arteries were that of a much younger person.

Joan
Old 07-21-2009, 09:30 AM   #332
Stampin' Fool

Caterina, extra prayers on the way!
Old 07-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #333
Stazon Splitcoast

Asking for prayers... My DS in college just called. One of is classmates died in a car accident yesterday. They lived 2 doors from each other in the dorm. My DS is so sad. The have been friends for 3 yrs. Also, tomorrow the same DS is having oral surgery. He is having his wisdom teeth extracted. Three of them are impacted. He is nervous and worried. He has been through more critical surgeries before. He seems very concerned this time. Thanks for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.

Joan
Old 07-22-2009, 08:18 AM   #334
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Asking for prayers... My DS in college just called. One of is classmates died in a car accident yesterday. They lived 2 doors from each other in the dorm. My DS is so sad. The have been friends for 3 yrs. Also, tomorrow the same DS is having oral surgery. He is having his wisdom teeth extracted. Three of them are impacted. He is nervous and worried. He has been through more critical surgeries before. He seems very concerned this time. Thanks for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.
How very sad about your son's friend, my prayers will be with all who knew him. I can understand your son's apprehension at the oral surgery tomorrow and will keep him in prayer. Everything for him is compounded due to his friend's death. I pray that you can comfort and help your son through this difficult time.
Hugs!
Old 07-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #335
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the prayers. The surgery went well. He just spoke to the nurse because he was worried that the bleeding had not stopped. She explained that some people just take longer. But if he was still concerned in the morning to call. She was so kind to my MR Worry Wart.

Joan
Old 07-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #336
Pearl-ExPert

Location: I don't know but wherever I am, I'VE GOTTA CUT BACK ON THE CAFFIENE!!!!!

Hi Girls!

Well as usual, I have very bad news to report! My shunt nis in mechanical failure and is obstructed and has apparently sprung a leak to relieve the pressure off the catheter where it was baking up and so now I have cerebral spinal fluid leaking and builing up between the skull and the scalp and pressure building in my ventricles. I spent all last night and most of today in my local ER since my dr in knoxville was not immediately available and they confirmed that mmuch so I leave at 8am to head to knoxville in the morning to find out what the plan of resolution will be, however I have talked to my surgeon my phone and he said that if that is definately what it is then it would absolutely have to be completely removed and a new one placed in and so that is what i will find out today when I go to the dr later. I may not have access to my pc for a while as I am staying with a friend temp due to marital problems and so Caterina will be kept informed as will Nikki either by myself or by my friends here so hopefuly they will keep you updated.

Gonna go for now, Im sorry to have rambled, I just wanted to keep you all updated.

Hugs,
Sara

No Matter How Hard your Situation, Try to Always remember that someone out there is always having a harder go of it than you!
Old 07-24-2009, 02:17 AM   #337
Gabfest Goddess

Sara, so sorry to hear all that is going on for you. Praying for health and for marital situation.

Cat, how are you feeling? Praying you are feeling better. So sorry about the yucky feeling that comes with heart palputations and shortness of breath.

Joan, hope that DS has a good day today praying his oral surgery will heal quickly.

Barb, thinking of you and your family hoping your DH & DD and grandchildren are doing well.

Ellen, hope all is well by you, thinking of you.

Lifting up each prayer this morning.

Lord Jesus, I lift up to you each and every person on this thread. You know all of their situations personally and I pray for them and pray that they feel your presence and that they seek you each step of the way. Father, I thank you for each one of these ladies and pray healing, restoration and wisdom for each - I pray that no matter where they are that they know you are near. IJN, Amen.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:47 AM   #338
Stampin' Fool

Sara so sorry to hear about these latest developments, praying that all goes well.
Joan, glad your son is OK with the oral surgery. He should be fine if he follows drs. orders, being a man that's not always the case, is it?
Please say some prayers for us today, husband is having a prostate biopsy and is NOT an agreeable patient to say the least. Please keep me in prayer also as I have to deal with him on a daily basis which requires a tremendous amount of patience on my part at times.
Praying for all needs today and everyday, dear friends.
Hugs and blessings to all.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:46 AM   #339
Gabfest Goddess

Barb, lifting you up today. Dear Heavenly Father - I lift Barb up to you I ask that you give her the tools and patience she needs to get through her circumstances. Father I ask for you to send the most wonderful nurses and doctors to assist her and her husband I pray for peace for her DH and pray they both feel your presence. I thank you so much for Barb - she is a wonderful woman who is so loving and loyal. Thank you Jesus and thank you for letting us bring all of our cares to you.
IJN, Amen
Old 07-24-2009, 07:07 AM   #340
Stampin' Fool

Thank you Michele, your prayer means so much to me. I do not like to bring my personal trials to light, but they are on going and even when I don't share them with all of you, I have a lot to deal with. Thank you for your kind words as well, they brought tears to my eyes.
Love you all!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:25 AM   #341
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgstamps4fun View Post
Thank you Michele, your prayer means so much to me. I do not like to bring my personal trials to light, but they are on going and even when I don't share them with all of you, I have a lot to deal with. Thank you for your kind words as well, they brought tears to my eyes.
Love you all!

Dearest sweet Barb, may the Lord truly pour out an extra measure of grace surrounded with His awesome love, mercy and peace all around you. Please know you are loved!!

Hang in there, God has a better day on the way!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:31 AM   #342
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning dear friends and thank you sooooo much for your prayers, they mean so much to me. Physical struggles are ongoing but compared to my precious Cole kids, it really is not that terrible.

Speaking of Cole children, Reynold and I will be visiting sweet DJ today in his home. We visited him at Johns Hopkins a while back when his parents were given terrible news that they could no longer do anything for him. DJ just had his fourth birthday this week.

Sara, sorry if when you called last night, I sounded a little out of it. Had taken some meds that even left me with a 'hangover' this morning. Please take care, sweetie, and keep looking to the Lord to get you through!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:52 AM   #343
Stazon Splitcoast

Sara- Praying for you!
Barb- Praying for your Dh. One of my BIL's had the same procedure last week. The dr prescribed a med. As you said above... men have a harder time...
Caterina- Hope you start feeling better soon.
Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers for DS. Heis better today. Boy is he ever swollen. Been telling him to ice since yesterday!
God hold all my dear fiends in your tender loving care.

Joan
Old 07-24-2009, 08:01 AM   #344
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Dearest sweet Barb, may the Lord truly pour out an extra measure of grace surrounded with His awesome love, mercy and peace all around you. Please know you are loved!!

Hang in there, God has a better day on the way!
Thank you, Caterina. I am really having a hard time these days and to know I have such wonderful friends means so much. Sometimes I think my husband is his own worst enemy because he just wants to go through life without any discomfort or health issues and it just doesn't work that way.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #345
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't know that I've posted on this thread before, but I know many of you! Just wanted to see if there was any additional info on Sara, but I see it is the same she posted on another thread.

Many of you know me and for those of you who don't, please know that I will say a pray for each and every one of you. It's nice to have some strength and support from friends, near and far.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #346
Gabfest Goddess

Joanne, thanks for your support. I love this thread and all of these ladies are just great. Great support whenever you need it.

Michele
Old 07-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #347
Stampin' Fool

Thank you for all the prayer for the procedure, he did what was necessary prior to and had no problems at all! Praise God! Now we wait for a week or so for results, I know everything will be negative and can be controlled without surgery. God will provide! All of you prayer warriors have given me strength for today and I know you will continue to do so.

Have a blessed weekend
Old 07-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #348
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Joanne- Glad to see you over here.
Barb- Prayers will continue your way
Michele- What's happening this weekend?
Caterina- was the helicopter crash near you?
I am going to check on DS and get him to eat something.

Joan
Old 07-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #349
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

got a text from Sara: she said the test showed its leaking because it got fluid spike and it overloaded the valve and caused a leak so they ordered some more test, made 2 small adjustments to it and gave different medicines and she has to go back next Thursday to see if there as any improvement, then they will see what they have to do then.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #350
Stazon Splitcoast

Please tell Sara that I ma praying for her. I wish things would get better.

Joan
Old 07-25-2009, 04:28 AM   #351
Gabfest Goddess

Thinking of everyone this morning and praying for Sara. Praying for health and marital issues. Nikki, please let her know thinking of her.

Hugs,
Michele
Old 07-25-2009, 05:40 AM   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Thinking of everyone this morning and praying for Sara. Praying for health and marital issues. Nikki, please let her know thinking of her.

Hugs,
Michele
sure will Michele how are you doing?
Old 07-25-2009, 05:42 AM   #353
Stazon Splitcoast

Saying a prayer for everyone's needs. Sara you are at the top.

Joan
Old 07-25-2009, 07:42 AM   #354
Stampin' Fool

Joan, I wasn't able to give you details about the helicopter crash, but have them now. No it wasn't anywhere near Caterina, she lives closer to Baltimore. This happened between Hagerstown and Frederick where the airport is. 4 people died and I understand visibility was poor due to bad storms in that part of MD and PA. they hit power lines. I heard that the people who run the copter service do some kind of charity work. The area where this happened is less than an hour from here, maybe 40-50 miles, not sure.

Prayers for all this morning.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #355

prayers for all today hope everyone is doing ok Sara hang in there girl.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:56 PM   #356
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Nikki:

I am doing OK, this weekend is a mellow one - although DD wants to have a Luau party on Friday night. So will be planning that tomorrow.

So sorry to hear about the copter crash - mom and dad knew about it too they don't live far from there they say it was a blessing that no one additional was hurt it could have been worse. Know that doesn't make it easier but it was sad for those families who lost someone.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Hugs,
Michele
Old 07-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #357

Hey Michele Have fun at the party glad your doing good.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #358
Stazon Splitcoast

Barb- I had seen the news coverage. I was wondered up by friends. Thanks for giving me the info. Knowledge is power for me. I always feel better knowing something than not. It is so sad for the families involved.
Michele- Have fun planning the party. I know that your DD will be so excited.
Nikki- Is that paper finished yet? Do I sound like an ex-teacher?
Have a good evening everyone... prayers to all!

Joan
Old 07-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #359

Quote:
Barb- I had seen the news coverage. I was wondered up by friends. Thanks for giving me the info. Knowledge is power for me. I always feel better knowing something than not. It is so sad for the families involved.
Michele- Have fun planning the party. I know that your DD will be so excited.
Nikki- Is that paper finished yet? Do I sound like an ex-teacher?
Have a good evening everyone... prayers to all!
got my rough draft done BUT........... need to start working out the kinks LOL
Old 07-25-2009, 04:06 PM   #360
Stazon Splitcoast

Nikki- I know that you are working on it. When do you go back to work? I go back on August 11th. Too soon for me. I love my time off.

Joan