Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #2481
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Me three! I am not so good at waiting. I want to do it all myself. I've always been independent.
I hear you! I have been learning though that his time is PERFECT and when I really take time to listen it's just awesome!! Lately if I am driving and singing and praising and just going along thinking Godly things, other things just pop into my head and I get some answers on other stuff. God is so Good! All the time!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #2482
Stazon Splitcoast

At this morning's prayer group I joined the power of a praying parent group and we talked about listening.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #2483
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to susanstamper

I need prayer. I need to know if it wise to drop all my commitments and devote myself to the Lord. I feel a need for a change in my life.
Matthew 22:37

Last edited by susanstamper; 01-11-2011 at 11:29 AM..
Old 01-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #2484
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanstamper View Post
I need prayer. I need to know if it wise to drop all my commitments and devote myself to the Lord. I feel a need for a change in my life.
Dearest Susan, asking the Lord to give you clear wisdom and put wise people in your path as you seek His will for your life. May God surround you with His love and guidance as you pray and wait on Him to direct your path.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #2485
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanstamper- I pray for God's guidance and understanding. Change is difficult.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #2486
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Hey all!

Sunday prayers for all. Church was nice today. My little guy told me that he hates church (I know that he does) but he wanted to follow along with each song and prayer. Little by little...he's going to be a tough one, that one.....

My financial stuff went OK. Haven't heard yet on the food stamps but was accepted for fuel assistance. I got a payment (direct to the propane people) of about 1/5 or 1/6 of my yearly bill. Very grateful. Every little bit helps. It was tough going in there and having people question you and putting your financial life in front of them. I keep my house very cold to save on heat but I bumped it a little today and it felt so good.

Unfortunately, my fridge died. The compressor went. I was going to try and fix it, as I like to try and fix things, but that was going to be too hard. I am a visual learner and need to see it done first. Thankfully, my dad helped me out and I have a gorgeous new fridge. I got a top of the line (at Lowes) for only $35 more than the mid-level thanks to a sale and a coupon. My fridge was 12 years old, had been through 4 moves and honestly, I don't think it was freezing well at all now seeing how my new one is freezing items. I have so much more space and it is bright and I can see what I have in both fridge and freezer. It's so quiet. Isn't it funny how adults get excited about new appliances?

I am on the big job hunt here....it's so sad how bad this economy is. I am reworking my cover letter to say, "Hey you need to hire me, because I don't need training or watching which saves you money." In a nice way of course.

My dad has been very depressed and sick too. It's been so hard on him - all of it. But he just signed up for an exercise class for heart patients and I am so happy he did that. I'll be spending the week with him in Feb and helping out with a party he is throwing for his neighbors and friends who helped out this past year. I said I would help with the cooking and cleaning and set up. I think it's too much, but he really wants to do it as my mom had a party every Feb for the neighbors. I have a lot to go through down there......

I have big goals for this year:
1. Job - full time (even if it's entry level)
2. Get healthy and lose weight in a healthy way.
3. It'd be great to meet someone.....

So far #3 isn't going well at all......had a terrible date on New Year's Day. Ah well. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Dear Lord, please be with Jen. It is a terrible economy these days. Help her get a job and be healthy this new year. We give you all the honor, glory, and praise. Amen.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #2487
Stazon Splitcoast

Susan, I will pray that God leads you to the right decision. Whichever that is. I think it's important to be quiet and listen and He will lead you....

Prayer group was pretty powerful for me today. We talked about how it's not a spotlight that God puts on you to show you the way...sometimes it's a teeny flashlight and sometimes it's only a teeny step, maybe very hard to see. And we talked about listening. My Power of a Praying Parent is a BIG group..25, so we're going to work on listening. And our pianist offered to miss her group to be a one on one listener. It just seemed like the same cohesive message today.....
Old 01-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #2488
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Prayers Please

Dear friends...

Sorry I have not been on here for awhile. It seems I just read the email and don't click the link to open this page.

It must have been God's plan for the doctor to find this thing. I went to her for digestive problems. She ordered a CT scan. That showed a "mass" on my left kidney. The urologist here in Bellingham says that it must come out. My daughter, Dena, would like me to have surgery near her, but 150 south of here, so she can "babysit" me during recovery. I will see a urologist there on Friday this week.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #2489
Stazon Splitcoast

Dear friends
sorry I have check in a long time..... But, Know that I am praying for all you!!! that God will help this gruop. And belss us.
Hotwheels
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 AM   #2490
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetJ View Post
Dear friends...

Sorry I have not been on here for awhile. It seems I just read the email and don't click the link to open this page.

It must have been God's plan for the doctor to find this thing. I went to her for digestive problems. She ordered a CT scan. That showed a "mass" on my left kidney. The urologist here in Bellingham says that it must come out. My daughter, Dena, would like me to have surgery near her, but 150 south of here, so she can "babysit" me during recovery. I will see a urologist there on Friday this week.
Praying for you, praying for healing and restoration. Thankful your daughter wants to help though, glad that you will have assistance. Praying for you and know that God almighty is with you and loves you! Praying for peace and comfort for the upcoming days. I pray you feel his presence and praying for total healing for you!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:26 AM   #2491
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Dear friends...

Dear Lord, Please be with my fellow stamper as she undergoes this process. It is a trial in her life that she must endure. May it be a quick and painless trial in her life. We give you all the glory, honor, and praise. Amen.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #2492
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Dear friends...

Sending much love and hugs your way and trusting the Lord for complete and total healing. May God give great wisdom and skills to all the medical staff and shower down His love, mercy, grace and peace on you.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:31 AM   #2493
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
Dear friends
sorry I have check in a long time..... But, Know that I am praying for all you!!! that God will help this gruop. And belss us.
Hotwheels

Hello Hotwheels, so good to have you stop by - sending love and hugs your way.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #2494
Stazon Splitcoast

Garnet J- Praying for knowledge and understanding for the surgeons. I am praying for healing and comfort for you!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #2495
Glitter Guru

Hello Ladies, lifting up each of you this evening. I am sick, I think bronchitis - and it hurts, prayers for healing would be greatly appreciated.

Love in Christ,
Michele
Old 01-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #2496
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Michele prayers for healing girl hope you get well soon. I am just now trying to get to the end of mine, still have a cough though.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #2497
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- I am praying for a quick recovery. If you are not better soon, please go to the doctor.
Nichole- Are you going to see your own doctor?

Praying for all who are ill.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #2498
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Hello Ladies, lifting up each of you this evening. I am sick, I think bronchitis - and it hurts, prayers for healing would be greatly appreciated.

Love in Christ,
Michele
Dear Lord, Please be with Michele as she is sick. I lift her up to you that your healing powers with heal her sickness. Please give her rest and comfort in the coming days. We give you all the glory, honor, and praise. Amen.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #2499
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Michele. My husband frequently suffers from bronchitis so I can understand your discomfort. Praying for you and hoping that you go to the doctor. My dh's often turns into walking pnemonia. Take care of yourself.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #2500
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for all those that are not feeling well and for quick healing! Bronchitis stinks. I've had it too - twice - both times were absolutely horrible.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #2501
Stazon Splitcoast

New books I am reading:

Women, Food and God

and

The Power of a Praying Parent
Old 01-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #2502
Insane Embellisher

Dear Friends,

A praise report for now...I'll be back later for specific prayer.

Redwood17-- had her first Bible Study published on the He IS Able blog today! She calls it "Precious Women of God--This Includes YOU!" And, it was wonderful. Since I grew up a Jew, we studied Miriam quite a bit. I thought I had a good memory of her and her story and importance. Well, I
learned things from Michele, that I didn't learn in 12 years of Sunday School, and Hebrew High. It is wonderful. I am so proud of her.

So, stop by and leave her a comment of Congratulations, if you want. She has done many things on the blog...this is going to be a regular opportunity. She will post on the 3rd Friday of every month! I am SO excited to have her on board. I just wanted to let the fellow Prayer Warriors know!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #2503
Glitter Guru

Just got back from Doctor and I have flu and bronchitis! YUCK
Old 01-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #2504

Quote:
Just got back from Doctor and I have flu and bronchitis! YUCK
sorry Michele HUGS hope you get to feeling better soon
Old 01-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #2505
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Love in Christ,
Michele
So very sorry my dear wonderful friend that you are sick and in pain. Asking the Lord to place His healing hands on you. Sending tons of hugs and love.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #2506
Stazon Splitcoast

Yuck! Get well soon! I heard the flu is early out here!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:30 AM   #2507
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Take care of yourself. Sending you a long distance hug.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #2508
Insane Embellisher

Exclamation Exciting news today!

Hi Everyone~

Smiley J--I love the photo. No wonder you have the word "smiley" in your user name. Wonderful photo! Thanks for sharing it! Great news for you! Just go check it out on the blog...maybe all of her friends would like to see it!

Be back later when I am done with the post.

He IS Able,
Traci

Prayers have been lifted up for Michele already. Hope you are relaxing and drinking lots of fluids, sweetie. I am still sick...a month or so...migraine, vision problems, sore throat and sinuses....I am over the stomach part...Thank you Lord Jesus! I am, however, missing my grandson, Gregory 3-birthday party. I missed it last year for the same reason. Dave went up for the weekend. I miss all of them. I'll catch up on some cards, and rest with some of the Christmas movies from the Hallmark Channel I still haven't sat to watch!

Be well everyone. Take that Vitamin C if you are able!

Does the exclamation mark in the yellow triangle just mean important...or something is wrong? I mean it as something exciting!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:30 AM   #2509
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay Joan!!!! Great photo!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #2510

Congrats Joan
Old 01-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #2511
Stazon Splitcoast

Prayers for a heart warrior - Jilliam is receiving a new heart tonight! Prayers to the donor family for their incredible gift and for the doctors too.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #2512
Stazon Splitcoast

Prayers for Jilliam.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:25 AM   #2513
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Praising and thanking the Lord for sweet Jillian's new heart. May God give great wisdom and skills to all the medical staff before, during and after surgery.
Trusting God to shower down His love, mercy, peace and grace on the donor family.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #2514
Stazon Splitcoast

The transplant did not happen. The heart was not compatible. Thanks for the prayers!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #2515
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
The transplant did not happen. The heart was not compatible. Thanks for the prayers!
What a let down for the family but still trusting God's love and wisdom to provide the very best for them.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #2516
Glitter Guru

Just catching up on posts, thinking of each of you and lifting you up to our Lord Jesus Christ, the maker of heaven and earth. So thankful for some improvement with being sick and thank you for all of your prayers, hugs and love. I appreciated them so much!

Blessings to each of you -

Michele
Old 01-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #2517
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for you all of you!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #2518
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Update

Disappointed with doctor visit on Friday. He had not received the "films" so couldn't tell me anything. Seems they could have called and changed the appointment if he didn't have anything to say.

Tried to get more info regarding urologists in this area. Wishin I had not changed insurance companies at the new year.

But I know that God will take care of me through it all. Asking Him for a miracle!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #2519
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
So sorry. Continuing to pray.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #2520
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Disappointed with doctor visit on Friday. He had not received the "films" so couldn't tell me anything. Seems they could have called and changed the appointment if he didn't have anything to say.

Tried to get more info regarding urologists in this area. Wishin I had not changed insurance companies at the new year.

But I know that God will take care of me through it all. Asking Him for a miracle!

Sorry for the disappointment. Hang in there, God will take care of you with lots of blessings along the way.