Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #2321
Inking Addict

Hi everyone,
Thanks to all who are praying for my mom and dad, SmileyJ , TraciS, everyone---I appreciate it. Took my mom to an ENT today, she has had bouts of Vertigo. Last bad episode they thought she had another stroke, but it is BPPV--benign paroxysmal positional vertigo--the ENT was able to 'reset' the loose crystals in her right ear, but the left ear crystals are damaged. She will go to physical therapy for balance to help. So, at least we know what was causing her dizziness all these months. Celebrated my dad's birthday yesterday, he enjoyed seeing his grandsons' and is taking it day by day. I will pray for you all-- Caterinafmig, TraciS--everyone that God blesses each one of you. TraciS, I pray that God grants you what you pray for---will power to lead to healthier choices, and that you may exercise like you want, so that you may one day play with your grandkids without any problems. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Leann
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #2322
Stazon Splitcoast

Leann- Praise the Lord. I suffer form Vertigo as well. I haven't had a bad episode in years. After the last one, I went on HBP meds. They seem to help. I will continue praying for all.
Traci- I suffer from a food addiction as well. I love cooking and eating. I turn to food when ever I feel good and when I feel bad.
Caterina- Praying for a miracle!

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." -John C. Maxwell

Joan
Old 12-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #2323
Gabfest Goddess

Oh Traci, I am struggling too right now, here is this for over the edge honest I am 5'2 and 195 lbs. I need to lower my cholesterol I just got back that result. I feel bad complaining because I know that you struggle with so much more than me. It feels like whining. I say this because yes, we all struggle. We love you no matter what you weigh, we love you for your heart. I pray for all those who want to get a better control over their health and weight and I pray (myself included) that instead of turning to food I can turn to God more. I get overwhelmed and I shut down. I don't want to talk to anyone and I like to hang and veg no movement and just lay down. Days are long at work and lots of stuff going on at home and I shut down. I pray that we all can find the strength to make better choices just one step at a time. My mom reminded me just one day at a time and one meal at a time and just do things slowly - walk more at work where possible (even though I am semi-chained to desk) and just do some small healthy things for me. I pray we can all find one small thing to start with and pray about it too. I lift each of you up and know you are all loved and all so very special! We are all daughters of the King! God of wonders, God of love, so tonight I ordered the apples at BK for a snack instead of fries! Some fiber and vitamin C! Just one tiny step, but it is a step. That's how we all need to think. Small improvements.

Love in Christ,
Michele

Sorry if I rambled!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:00 AM   #2324
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Many of us struggle with our weight. Happy Birthday! Hope it is a blessed day for you!

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." -John C. Maxwell

Joan
Old 12-04-2010, 07:19 AM   #2325
Gabfest Goddess

Thank you Joan!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #2326
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHELE!!
Old 12-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #2327
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

happy bday michele
Old 12-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #2328
Insane Embellisher

Heart Michele~

Happy Birthday, Dearest Michele!!!!

May He continue to bless you as He has this year, and more.
May you count your many blessings one by one...where did I just see that?

You're Awesome!

His,
Traci
Old 12-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #2329
Insane Embellisher

Exclamation

Dear Nichole--

Please read my email....I just sent you one...I am the one at fault. I apologize to you... I have been. Please read the latest message and let me know. I included my number...I can't find yours...if you call, I can call you right back, and maybe I can explain better.

His,
Traci
Old 12-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #2330
Inking Addict

Happy Birthday Michele!! Hope you have a wonderful one!

Leann
Old 12-04-2010, 01:25 PM   #2331
Stazon Splitcoast

happy Birthday Michele! Hope you are having a terrific day and may the next year be filled with love, peace, health and happiness!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #2332
Insane Embellisher

Dear Caterina~ I am praying for you, Sweetie.

LeAnne--I bet your Dad's birthday was wonderful with YOU and your boys.
YOU are the mother of those boys. YOU have helped make those boys who they are...how they act...which your Dad loves..seeing them...interacting..YOU are responsible for that. I want you to see that YOU are important, too! I am glad that they figured out your Mom's vertigo problem. Perhaps, they will figure out something special to do for your Dad.
YOU are something special to your Mom and your Dad. You make the visit happen. That means the world to parents. I know. I am one, and my son rarely comes by and he is 4 miles away. I am praying for all of you. Were your Dad's spirits lifted at all yesterday? Have FAITH. Believe. Don't give up on God's capabilities.

Dear Joan and Michele, thank you for what you wrote about my problem with my body. I think there is strength in numbers. Maybe we can continue to inspire or encourage each other. Michele, I think it takes a lot of inner strength and power to be as bold as you were when you wrote what you did. I thank you for sharing...both of you.

I know with me it is that I do not like enough other foods. And, I can fit 1/4 of a half gallon into my ice cream mug. Every night..and sometimes some in the day...I think that and the fact that I eat about 10 slices of cheese a day (Provolone) less calories than American which I used to eat...I eat the cheese for my protein...along usually, or on a sandwich round...which is only 100 calories for a top and a bottom, where bread is 100 calories for each piece. Even though the ice cream is with splenda...so it doesn't hurt my diabetes accept that it is so many more times than what a 1/2 cup serving is. A 1/2 cup serving...not even a good scoop! I can't give up the ice cream right now...yet...but I will give up 5 pieces of cheese for today and tomorrow, since it is so late today. I need to look at this like any other addiction. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thank you, Joan for helping me realize that's what my problem is...part of it.

I need to pray. For Him to please give me the will to stay away from temptation. Our Father who art in Heaven... Thank you God that I already have a Higher Power who I have a personal relationship. Thank you, Lord Jesus.

I just stopped writing, and told Dave I need to go to an Over Eaters Anonymous meeting tomorrow. They are all over the world. Listed in the Phone book if someone out there doesn't know. They have hour long meetings usually that are anonymous about who goes, and everything anyone says...you can't tell anyone anything..except about you. That's what gives people the safety in going. You could go for a month and not say anything. Most meetings pass a basket to help pay for the rental of the place, or coffee. Contact me if you want more info. Thanks, everyone.

HedgieMama--Hope all is well?

Idumont? all well?

Nikki- praying for you to be rested after such a difficult week at work. Maybe not "difficult" I mean draining in hours, tiring.

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #2333
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Ladies, thanks so much for the birthday wishes I have felt such love today and that has warmed my heart in a big way - it was a great family day ( and sometimes family is great and sometimes it is stressful ) blessed it was a great day and thank you all for being a part of my life.

Love in Christ,
Michele
Old 12-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #2334
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all the support you have given me. I know I am stronger because I have each of you praying for me.

Have a blessed evening... Hugs

Joan
Old 12-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #2335
Stazon Splitcoast

A rather odd thing is happening at the school. A 2008 graduate died late last week. The wake and memorial are at school in the commons where the seniors usually eat lunch. No one knows where they are going to sit! Please pray for the family. His younger sister is a ninth grader.

Joan
Old 12-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #2336
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
A rather odd thing is happening at the school. A 2008 graduate died late last week. The wake and memorial are at school in the commons where the seniors usually eat lunch. No one knows where they are going to sit! Please pray for the family. His younger sister is a ninth grader.

Joan, how tragic, so very sorry. May the Lord truly bring comfort to the family.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:28 AM   #2337
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to stop by to let you know I am thinking of each of you . I pray that no matter where you are today, physically and spiritually that you know that God loves you and he is with you.

To each who is struggling may you feel God close and may you move closer to him. I pray for peace, strength and wisdom during this holiday season.

Love to each of you
Michele
Old 12-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #2338
Compulsive Stamper

Its been a while. More setbacks with our son. Drugs and his "freedom" mean more than his family and life, only he won't admit it. Tears me apart on the inside. Today he tells me that "he feels sick when I stop by to see him." Just feel like I'm losing him altogether. He has changed so much. There have been 1 or 2 moments of hope showered with crushing disappointment. I fear the battle will be lost and almost unable to hang on anymore. On top of that I work in a hostile environment where I stay because we need the money, but its hard to get through the day. No place of rest because the heart is always hurting and/or battling the enemy. So very tired. There are no answers to this because until my son has a change of heart, and that involves free will, it will be like this. I pray and pray and pray. Nothing is changing.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #2339
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortontime View Post
Its been a while. More setbacks with our son. Drugs and his "freedom" mean more than his family and life, only he won't admit it. Tears me apart on the inside. Today he tells me that "he feels sick when I stop by to see him." Just feel like I'm losing him altogether. He has changed so much. There have been 1 or 2 moments of hope showered with crushing disappointment. I fear the battle will be lost and almost unable to hang on anymore. On top of that I work in a hostile environment where I stay because we need the money, but its hard to get through the day. No place of rest because the heart is always hurting and/or battling the enemy. So very tired. There are no answers to this because until my son has a change of heart, and that involves free will, it will be like this. I pray and pray and pray. Nothing is changing.
My heart truly goes out to you - have similar problems in our family and it is very very hard. God hears your prayers, cares and loves you and your son very much. Please try to take care of yourself and find comfort in the Lord. Try reading the Psalms, they are very comforting. Am so very sorry for what you are going through and sending much love, hugs and prayers for God to intervene as only He can.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #2340
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Hi Everyone~

Joan, I am praying for the family, and all of the students of the area. This type of thing has wide spread effects. The students of course, the family of course, but as it hurts the fellow students, their families become aware, and they become involved. Parents in the neighborhood get startled by it and some will tighten their hold on their own child...causing that child to rebel sometimes...I will pray for the town. It takes a while for something like this to really heal. I feel for the family, and that younger sister. And, I am praying for you! Are you on Winter Break yet? Do you get winter break?

Caterina, praying for you, in all ways. Praying for peace, and relaxation, and to feel well.

Short on Time- Are you going to Al-Anon? There are some things that are pretty UNIVERSAL to all addicts. I know, I am one. I have been clean a while...16 years...and I know a lot of people who kept on using and causing pain in their families. Please know that your son's continuing to use will most likely continue until he has reached his own personal bottom of the ickiest part possible of his life. This part is not about you. They explain this well, in Al--Anon...I don't know your circumstances, but they don't kick people out due to not being about to toss a couple of bucks in the basket. For most addicts....this could or could not include your son...it is not a conscious choice to decide between drugs and his "Freedom" and his family. This is important: MOST addicts don't even equate their using to be involved in other people's sadness or problems in life. I can say that better. He may be using all night...and not even think about how it is impacting your lilfe. He probably won't. It is for him. It is often an escape. For Him. For you to learn to set YOURSELF FREE...I suggest Al-Anon or Therapy. It would be for you. It would not be for you to go to learn how to get your son to go. That rarely happens. This would be for you to know how to cope...and not let his behavior dictate how you feel. PLEASE read this a couple of times. I think I have some wisdom here. Of COURSE, going before our Lord, Jesus Christ and asking Him to help YOU cope with it is wonderful...even ask Him to help break the chains that are wrapped around your son...that he can't see. He thinks...and he could be...coping. I am speaking completely in generalities here. I don't know "him." I am basing it on the 100's of people I know in your boat. I will pray for you. I will pray for him. I hope you will look into learning how you can "cope" and feel happiness and fun and excitement, and enjoy life...even if you son is using. It is hard. I know. I am so sorry. I am telling you it, from both sides of the coin. Please take to heart what I say. Are you going to Al-Anon? I'd love to know. If they aren't helping...you need to find yourself another meeting!

Michele-thanks for your help today...and always. Aren't those numbers amazing!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Thank you to everyone who joined in the
Winter part of our Card Sale Fund Raiser
for the American Cancer Society!

You did an amazing job getting cards here
on time for the Winter Festival! We received
47 sets of cards, and an uncounted (as of this moment),
amount of individual cards yet to be put into sets!

Thank you so much for all of your kindness.
Please go to the He IS Able Blog for Details!

He IS Able

The BIG EVENT is in April! I hope to sell 100 sets (of 10 cards and envelopes) at that 24 hour Fundraiser for the American Cancer Society...so keep the cards coming... God Bless You...and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-08-2010, 04:35 AM   #2341
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortontime View Post
I'm so sorry. Drugs are so terrible. I'll pray for you all!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:30 AM   #2342
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Shortontime, read your post and my first thought was Al-Anon. I see Traci already mentioned it!

When I went to those meetings, at least half of the ladies (I went to a ladies only meeting) had sons or daughters where drugs that were the issue, the rest had spouses, bosses, etc with alcohol problems. Some had kids in treatment, others were trying to get them to treatment, etc....

The meetings are extremely supportive and helpful. Everything spoken stays in the room. And you can choose to share or pass and just listen. It will lighten your load I think to be with others in similar situations. Just a thought.

Prayers for you and your family, dear.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #2343
Compulsive Stamper

I did try one AlAnon group and it wasn't a good fit. Almost all were dealing with spousal issues. I tried it a couple of times. There may be one other group in our community. I'm going to try to find it.
Traci, I do appreciate your words of experience. I will give them much thought. I also know in my head that he isn't doing this against us, me, in particular, which helps a tiny bit. The pain though of potentially losing our only child, that was not raised in this kind of environment is so intense, and even though I pray regularly, I still feel sick inside every day. There is no place where I just feel OK. My hope needs to be in God, not what I see happen in our son. I know this too, and I tell myself that, but it is still a very hard road and combined with a bad work environment, it feels like I battle 24/7.
Thank you for your words of experience. Every little bit does help to carry on.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #2344
Stazon Splitcoast

shortontime- I grew up with two older brothers who had alcohol problems. I can remember my mother in tears quite often. They did find there way. I will pray for your family.

Joan
Old 12-09-2010, 06:50 AM   #2345
Gabfest Goddess

This is from Joel Osteen:

God created the heavens and the earth; He spoke them into existence. Scripture tells us that the same power of life and death is in our tongues, too. We are made in His image, and our words have creative power.

I like to think of it this way: We are all artists with our words, and we paint on the canvas of people's hearts by what we speak, good or bad. That's why we need to be careful to use our words wisely as a skillful artist would, creating a positive, encouraging masterpiece in the hearts of our family members, friends and coworkers. A beautiful work of art isn't created merely by choosing the right paint colors; it's created by the technique the artist uses. In the same way, we have to be careful how we communicate to the people around us.

Years ago, I learned this lesson the hard way when I was trying to encourage our son, Jonathan, to practice his guitar. I was driving the kids home from school one day and thinking about all the loose ends I'd left dangling on that particular afternoon. You might say I was feeling a bit stressed, and I let that stress come right through my words when I sharply asked, "Jonathan, have you practiced your guitar at all this week?"

Before he could answer, I continued, "You know, if you don't practice your guitar now, you'll be sorry down the road when you want to play in the band at church and you're not good enough." On and on I went, trying to "encourage" my eleven-year-old son to practice his guitar with enthusiasm and passion, and yet I could see his countenance deflating and becoming more discouraged by the minute. All at once, I started listening to my own words; they really weren't encouraging or inspiring at all. In fact, they were negative and depressing. I realized that I was painting a negative picture on the canvas of his heart.

Immediately, I stopped myself and said, "Jonathan, I'm sorry. I realize I wasn't very encouraging just now. Will you forgive me?"

I looked at him in the rearview mirror, and he just smiled at me so sweetly. Right then, I decided to use my words to paint a picture of inspiration not condemnation. I said, "Jonathan, you are so talented musically. That's why I want you to practice because I know the more you practice, the better you'll become." I repackaged my words and changed my voice from the voice of discouragement and defeat to the voice of encouragement and victory.

Just like anything else, it will take practice to become a skillful "painter" with your words, but you can do it! Even when you have to bring correction or instruction, you can position your words so they will be more easily received. Just like the old saying "a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down," when you speak words of affirmation along with the correction, it's much more palatable.

When we realize the impact of our words, we'll seize every opportunity to paint positive images on our loved ones' hearts. We'll look for chances to say, "I'm behind you. I'm supporting you. I'm with you every step of the way." Whether you are a boss working with an employee or a parent working with a child, the goal should always be to help others reach a higher level. Don't allow harsh words to cut the canvas you are working on! Instead, "sweeten" your delivery and be the voice of victory to the people you love.

…My tongue is the pen of a skillful writer (Psalm 45:1, NIV).
Old 12-09-2010, 06:51 AM   #2346
Gabfest Goddess

1 Chronicles 16:23-34, NIV

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
proclaim His salvation day after day.
Declare His glory among the nations,
His marvelous deeds among all peoples.
For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
He is to be feared above all gods.
For all the gods of the nations are idols,
but the LORD made the heavens.
Splendor and majesty are before Him;
strength and joy are in His dwelling place.
Ascribe to the LORD, all you families of nations,
ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His name;
bring an offering and come before Him.
Worship the LORD in the splendor of His holiness.
Tremble before Him, all the earth!
The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.
Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
let them say among the nations, "The LORD reigns!"
Let the sea resound, and all that is in it;
let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them!
Let the trees of the forest sing,
let them sing for joy before the LORD,
for He comes to judge the earth.
Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
His love endures forever.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:32 AM   #2347
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Encouragement from God to you.

Psalm 91
1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”

3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”
Old 12-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #2348
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Oh Wow!

What beautiful and Mighty words...thank you so much Joan, Michele and Caterina! His Scriptures are so full or His love. Some time I need to read them on line at a time.

HedgieMama~ Are you hiding in the shadow, my friend? I am so glad you are here! Thank you for sharing your personal Al-Anon experience. That means far more, I am sure. I hope you will be around.

ALL- my email has changed...please change it...it is on the He IS Able blog.

Short on Time- I don't think I have been a good enough Sister to you. I do think Alcoholism is a disease. And, it needs to be treated by AA or treatment or therapy...but it is you who is here for prayer and guidance. I am so sorry for YOUR pain. I think I have been wanting you to see it through my eyes, what Alcoholism is and isn't...so you wouldn't take it personally. I do pray for you. I pray for your sons's release from bondage also. Does he go to any church? Some churches have AA meetings with a religious twist to them. I truly, truly believe that it will be so beneficial for you to find the right Al-Anon meeting for you. As HedgieMama said, it is great to know that you are not the only parent struggling through all of these things...there will be people sharing at the right meeting, when you find it, that you would think knew your story personally. So many of you will find comfort in just knowing that you are not in this alone. And, you can become friends if you wish. I
know you can find other meetings by asking the leader of the meeting you went to. Just say, "Is there a list of meetings with different times and places? They don't need to know that they aren't meeting your needs. They are all there for themselves...to heal...and to help others along the way...the 12th step. It also could be good for you to read the "Big Book" by AA. It is usually $5-10 at any meeting. It is written by the founder of AA, an alcholic himself. But, some of it will describe it in a way that you will not like...but will understand it better. Sweetie, if you would like to email me. My email is at the He IS Able blog. Feel free to contact me. If you leave a comment there...anyone can see it. If you want to reach me personally...contact me via email. I will pray for you, my dear woman. I am so sorry you are going through this. Keep the love in your heart that you have for your son. Try to forgive him, to yourself, as Christ Jesus first forgave us. Do you know about that? I pray that you have the best of Christmases. I pray that you can keep your own home dry and clean, so that if he does come home, he can't pick up easily. I pray, if you are a person who drinks to relax, like I did, or to forget, like I did, or for a million reasons...then if that is true...please consider AA for yourself. It is quite often common in family members. THAT is why I even mention this. I am so sorry for your pain. Maybe try to share some of that abundant love you have with the children in the hospital, or by reading the Bible at a nursing home, or by volunteering...not to forget...but just to keep busy, and rest your concerns possibly by getting involved in someone else's needs. It may also bless you for being able to help them, when you can not help your son yet...and, I am sure it will be a blessing to the person you are reading, or coloring, or helping in anyway. Please stay in touch. We care.

Caterina~ How are you doing, Sweetie? Praying for your health, and for your husband's and your happiness at this joyful time of the year....I can not think of his name however. (sorry.) Jesus knows it however!

Nichole- Are the bosses back yet? I hope so. I hope they give you a day off to sleep. Are you ok? Any luck with your diabetes getting in control? I hope you are not struggling like I am and my mom is.

All-My Mom read the blog. I showed her a card when she was here yesterday. She hadn't seen it yet, but I had posted it. She said, "Oh I saw that on screen." It isn't here at SCS or CPC either...so, I said, "On the blog?" She just said, "yes." I didn't push at all. I just stopped the conversation. God is working miracles everywhere. She also reads this...she does a search on my name...and reads...so she may be reading this...please tread lightly. I don't want her to run scared. KWIM?

May God Bless You ALL!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Please put my new email in your list now...so you don't forget, and I don't forget!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #2349
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci's mom- If you are reading this, HI. Your daughter is a wonderful lady. I appreciate her honesty and concern.

I just received and e-mail from one of my SIL's. Her husband, my brother, is in the hospital. The docs have him on an IV to try and break down a large blood clot above his knee. Once that is cleared he will have angioplasty. I am praying all goes well.

Joan
Old 12-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #2350
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan - I'll pray for him too! I hope the procedure goes well. Thank goodness they found it!
Old 12-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #2351
Stazon Splitcoast

Having a difficult time this holiday season. And it's not because I feel so busy. I just feel very lonely. I just keep putting one foot in front of the other....just have to keep going until 2011. December has always been a tough month for me, but this year is VERY tough.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #2352
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Having a difficult time this holiday season. And it's not because I feel so busy. I just feel very lonely. I just keep putting one foot in front of the other....just have to keep going until 2011. December has always been a tough month for me, but this year is VERY tough.
Hi Jen,

It's understandable you have had a rough year! Can you PM me with your address would love to send you a card. Praying for peace and strength.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #2353
Gabfest Goddess

Traci, PRAISE GOD!!! You are such a loving and caring person, just keep that up - God will do the rest.

Joan, praying for your DB, praying for healing and restoration

PRAISE REPORT: I got the papers on my mortgage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE GOD!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #2354
Stazon Splitcoast

That's awesome Michelle!

Please know that I keep up wish this thread. Just because I don't post everyday doesn't mean I don't think/pray for you all. I try not to post if I'm down in the dumps!
Old 12-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #2355
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen- post whenever you feel the need.
The clot is not breaking down the way the docs were hoping. That can't put a stent in until it does. I don't understand about medical issues. Please keep praying. He is a cancer survivor!

Joan
Old 12-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #2356
Inking Addict

Hi everyone. Oh my, a lot going on---everyone is in my thoughts and prayers. I have not checked in for a few days, two of my kids have pneumonia, and the other had strep throat. I thought I was going to lose it, now I feel silly. After reading the posts, all I can say is I will pray for everyone. My boys are doing better now, and we go Sat. for a check up to make sure the breathing tx are working. So, I have no right to complain. I pray that strength is granted to each of you to deal with what you have to deal with in your lives.
Leann
Old 12-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #2357
Stazon Splitcoast

Leann- pneumonia is going thru the grade schools here. Take care and know that God is watching over you!
Prayers for my brother. The meds aren't working as quickly as anticipated.

Joan
Old 12-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #2358

Prayers for my DH sister. We got a call early this moring around 5ish. I knew when I saw the number I knew it was NOT a good call. She has a lot of infection going on in her body right now and especially in her kidneys. She is ICU right now. Dh is waiting to see if he needs to make a trip to Georgia or not. Thanks girls,

PRAYERS FOR ALL OF YOU...............
Old 12-11-2010, 05:47 AM   #2359
Stazon Splitcoast

Nichole- I will pray for your SIL. Praying for guidance and knowledge for the docs.

Joan
Old 12-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #2360

Thanks Joan, Keep the prayers coming talked with the niece today and she said the infection has moved to the colon so they are giving her some medicine to see if that will clear it up.........but dr said just keep praying. so we are waiting it out right now.