Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2010, 05:35 AM   #2281
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Wishing everyone a very blessed Thanksgiving!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-25-2010, 06:03 AM   #2282
Glitter Guru

Ladies, I hope you all get to enjoy a blessed Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:41 AM   #2283
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Happy TURKEY DAY everyone....................ENJOY YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TODAY
Old 11-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #2284
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Hi All~

I hope that everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving Day. And, that today, Friday, you have a wonderful day of giving thanks!

I am trying to find a Scripture. I looked it up...but can't find it at that website.

It is probably a few Verses. It is when Jeus says "When you fed me and I was hungry, when you healed (?) me and I was ill? When you clothed me when I was "naked" (? ) You did this to the least of these, you did it to me.

I need that whole section. Does anyone happen to remember the words, or the location? I want to put it on the He IS Able blog, but I need it to be correct. I entered some words, but obvoiusly they are wrong!

If you don't know about the Card Drive I am doing for the American Cancer Society, please go to the blog, and read the purple section. It is something really important to me. My deadline is coming up...and I can't do it on my own. So, would you please let me know if you are willing to do anything to help? Don't let the fact that you don't have envelopes or glassine envelopes keep you from participating. PLEASE. This is not a blog event. I am posting it there, because I can. Thanks!

I am so thankful for each of you, in your own way you bring a different spice to my life, different parts of my life grow when I talk with you alone. You all have helped me feel better expressing myself!

Have a wonderful day of thanks giving!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Mega site of Bible studies and information
Old 11-26-2010, 07:08 AM   #2285
Insane Embellisher

Exclamation Very Bizarre~

I was just typing you about the Verses I am tryin to find. I signed off like I usually do, and this showed up...I was typing the URL to the He IS Able blog, incase someone didnt' have it...and this just appeared...out of no where...

This just showed up:

Mega site of Bible studies and information

IS it the Lord's writing on the wall of the internet? It JUST APPEARED, I AM TELLING YOU!!! THIS is VERY WEIRD! I am not playing. I am not making any of it up. I promise each of you, and could easily look you in the eyes. And, on my copy, it does not show the markers to make it bold, how is it in bold then? Are you shocked? I am! Any ideas, besides The Lord??????

Humbly His,
Traci S.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:06 AM   #2286
Glitter Guru

Hi Ladies I need to request prayer for Heidi, her dad works with my DH and is local to us here but she is in Mexico in quarrantine and her prognosis right now is not good. But what a blessed time of year for a miracle!! Praying for full recovery and so that she can come home and be with her family for Christmas.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #2287

asking for prayers for my boss's family. her mother passed away last night, prayers for safe travels as they take her back to Michigan to prepare for the funeral.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #2288
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Asking God to bring healing to Heidi.
Nichole- Praying that your boss's family is safe and comforted.

I am thanking God for the good day I had. All 3 boys, DIL, GDD and parents in law were here for lunch. Everyone seemed to get along. It was the first time my in laws saw GDD, GDD is 9 months old.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #2289
Rubber Obsessor

Default A request for strength

Hi, I am a grieving mother who lost her son on November 28th of last year and I am finding it more difficult now that I thought I would with the anniversary coming up. My son died in a mining accident when he was crushed by 750 tonnes of Potash when a bin holding the product broke. I am still having trouble dealing with his untimely death and the fact that he had to die in such a tragic way and leave his young familly without their dad and husband. I am asking for prayers to help me deal with this time of year and to find the strength to move ahead still. Tom was loved by many people and his passing left a large void in alot of lives. He was always quick to help anyone when they needed help and always had a huge smile on his face. He is truly missed and I move forward each day knowing that I will see his spirit again when my time comes. I look forward to this day. Please also pray that his dad and little sister will find the strength to keep moving ahead too.
Thank you and may God bless you.
Blondena
Mother to an Angel son and Earthly Daughter
Old 11-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #2290
Stazon Splitcoast

Blondela- That is so very tragic. May God comfort you and give you the strength to move on with your life. I can't imagine losing one of my sons. Praying for your family!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #2291

Blondela, so sorry to hear of the tragic death of your son last year. May GOD surround you and your family and give you guys the strenghth that you need to get through life with out him. Its hard loosing a loved one, especially your own. GOD BLESS Prayers for you and your family.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:06 AM   #2292
Glitter Guru

Blondela, so sorry to hear of this tradgedy. Sounds like your son was a loving wonderful person, and he had to learn that from his parents. Lifting you up and know that God loves you and he wants to be your comforter I pray you feel his Spirit and presence with you.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #2293
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Dearest Blondela,

I am so glad that you knew of this prayer thread, and that you have the courage to come and ask for prayer for your husband, daughter and yourself. You also know the Lord, Jesus Christ. Do you know that He loves each of you more than we can even imagine? It is true. He will comfort you. Ask Him. We will ask Him also. Let His Everlasting arms comfort you, and lean to Him. I give you my condolences. I guess you are probably pretty tired of hearing that, however.

Do you know that Jesus knows you personally? And, that you can know Him personally? His Word, The Bible is full of comforting Verses. It is like a manual for how to get through life. I pray that you already know these things, and use them. Do you have a Bible of your own? That way you can read it any time...not just at church.

I can not even imagine the loss that you have had to suffer. I know that one thing that they often to say is to get really busy with others. Helping others. Perhaps you can do some Volunteer Work. I know when I help others, I feel somehow a relief from my pain. I am sure it is not the same depth of pain, but it is good advice the same.

Also, going to a church, being honest with them, and getting involved...this is a time where there are many ways of getting involved. You will be surrounded by loving Brothers and Sisters-in-Christ there, as you are here. They however, can hold you as you weep-the women or have you over and listen.

You may do better not going into all of the details in your mind over and over. Did your son have a place or special hobby which you and your husband and daughter could have a private to say how much you" still love him."

For instance, my husband, loves to hike, and loves trees. If something were to happen to him, I would want to go plant trees in his name. His passion would continue...and it would be a reminder each year. Perhaps, at this time you could pray, and ask the Lord to take the pain, the hanging-on to it...the details that you cling to...probably daily, but at least this time of the year...you could ask Him to help relieve you all of the sorrow and grief, and thoughts you are holding and probably repeating over and over in your mind. Ask Him to take that from you...picture it...and put it in His hand. He will take it from you, if you give it to Him, and do not take it back. He is a Mighty Lord. He can do everything. You can know that you can not ask anything that He is not capable of doing.

Perhpas you light a candle this time of year, as a personal reminder. I am thinking that you may feel almost guilty if you are not in severe grief.

I do not think that is the type of person, you described your son to be. I do not think he would want any of you to be living this way now. Is that right? Think for a moment. Is that what he would want you to do? Or would he want you to be able to enjoy company with others and the Holidays? Would he want you grieving like you are?

Many churches also have counselling available. I would seek help from a Pastor or counselor without any negative feelings. It does not help you to be in so much pain. And, emotional pain causes all sorts of physical pain. Headaches, ulcers, stiff necks, bad backs and more. I can't imagine. I want to hold you and let you cry it all out. They (The Pastors and Counselors) could offer more. I go to counseling. I do not take this as a sign of weakness...I take it as a sign of strength to be able to ask for help.

You already asked for help here...you could do it again there. You are a strong person. It is evident in your writing.

I will be praying for all of you. Please, let us know how you are proceeding. We will be praying for you, and we care. You are our Sister. Please think about what the others have written. Sometimes, God speaks through humans. Perhaps you directions for inner-peace is in one of these messages.

Remember,
He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #2294
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Dear Redwood~ I will also pray that the Great Physician, the Lord of All, will heal Heidi to a full recovery, and the she will be allowed to safely be with her family at Christmas or before.

I am also praying for your mother continuously. And, of course for you and your family.

Dear Nikki~ I can't imagine what your Boss's family are going through right now. I will lift them up in prayer that the necessary events will happen quickly, that they will stay close, and not become angry with each other, which has happened in my family at times...it is a part of grief, but doesn't need to be handled like my family did. I pray that the Good Lord will comfort them all, and cover them with a peace which they can not understand.

I pray for you also, my dear. How are you feeling? I am going to send you one page from something my insurance sent me if ok...it is a chart with pics of foods (common) and how many carb servings it equals. Mine is magnatized! I will just photo copy it and send if that is ok with you. It was helpful to me. I hope it will help you.

I have a prayer request. My mother's sugar level keeps going over 300. Even when she doesn't eat because it is too high! She only drinks diet coke...she can't drink water...too long of a story...and she does exercise on her treadmill except when her sugar level...it's the drop of blood test, if you don't know. When you have Diabetes and it is high...over 115...but when it is WAYYYYYYYYY over the limit...you are to be still, and rest. You may pass out anyway. You are not supposed to exercise at that point. So, time is the only way to possibly bring it down medically. I am asking that Jesus Christ...my Lord and Savior and so much more...will bring and keep my mother's sugar level in a safe range. She lost all feeling in her hands yesterday!

Prayers for all of you, and your families. Hoping also, that you are all enjoying this weekend.

I find out in the next week or so if I made a DT for the Play Date Cafe DT. I wanted to join the Stampin' Sisters in Christ. I can't stop thinking about it. But I was told no. They don't even have DT call right now. I know one thing the Team Leaders look for is a following at your blog...I know many of you read the blog, I am so thankful and appreciative of you. And, I know you are too busy to leave comments sometimes. I know that it looks like no one is there to an outsider, however, because since we are friends I hear that you looked at it. I am not asking you to lie. But, if you have something you want to comment about, would you be willing, if you have the time, and it is completely true, to write it in the comment section. They don't know I keep in touch with so many of you. I hate to even ask this of you. Maybe you shouldn't. He knows what is real, how things appear. It is completely up to you. I wanted to ask you as my friends...only if you usually visit... I don't know if it is the right thing to do not or not. You decide what is right for you, ok? Thank you. I love all of you and I am so thankful of you!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #2295

Traci I am doing pretty good I must say, this week will actually be a long week for me because of the death of my boss's mom, basically her and her sister own the place and so they will all be leaving, that includes one daughter that works there as well. so it will be a long week for me and the director, i told her that i would help her out with the openings and closings. So i will need strenghth this week. But other than that I am doing good, and yeah you can send me those pictures i dont mind at all. THANKS
Old 11-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #2296
Glitter Guru

I have to say "Thank You" for all the prayers for mom. She is doing so much better she is more stable and she looked good. God is good, All the time.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #2297
Glitter Guru

Traci, saying a prayer for your mom. Praying that her sugar levels get under control and praying for her in all aspects.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #2298
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Everyone,

Please know that I am reading the thread and think of you often! I am having a difficult time of year.....Thanksgiving, I'm turning 40 (gasp!), divorce, holidays, having no job,no money, etc. I know that this is what I have to do and I will get through it, but darn, it's hard sometimes!!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #2299
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for you all the mom's.
Jen- Holidays are a stressful time for me too! I always feel down in the dumps. I have never figured it out!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #2300
Insane Embellisher

Post Hi Everyone~

Hi Everyone~

Blondena- I am sorry for spelling your name wrong. How are you doing today? Try to take one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time.

Nichole-Praying for endurance and good health and well behaved children this week. Please, you have such a giving heart, I love that. Remember that it is a business, and perhaps they can give you some comp time off next week with pay. Or whatever. I will send those photos out soon. I am so swamped right now, I do not know which way is up!

Michele- I am so happy to hear that your Mom is doing better. I will continue to pray. Thank you for praying for my Mom, too.

Jenn-I hear you... I was bawling my eyes out off and on all day Thanksgiving. I had no idea why...but after a while, I have gathered a list of decent size. It's ok to feel down sometimes, or overwhelmed...that is especially when we are to go to Him. Honey, you have had so much going on. And, I am sure the holidays are different for you right now. Just take them as they come. (We are doing tiny presents and no presents for family this year. We just have to do what we have to do...and family will have to understand!) I think you are expecting too much out of yourself right now.
Has the divorce finally gone through? Same advice as for Blondena---hour by hour...minute by minute...

Joan--I am sorry that you also find yourself in the dumps on holidays. I am going to try to concentrate on who I do get to be with, and for what reason, and try not to look at who can't come because they would rather work...or something. I thank you so much for your prayers for my Mom. She sure needs them.

About my Mom: They doubled her diabetes medication today...and canceled her high blood pressure medicine, because it somehow raised her sugar level also. So, now she isn't on her HBP meds. And, so far her sugar is still very elevated. So is mine. I think, I know, stress plays into it. And, I have to be tested again in a couple weeks.

I am lifting you all up before the Lord, and asking Him to watch over you and your loved one's. And, to please protect you and them, as only He can do. I also pray that we each have started preparing our hearts for Christmas. I ask Him to please make this the closest Christmas you have had with Him near by...so you feel He is part of the Holiday...in a special way.

He IS Able,
Traci S.

I could also use some extra prayers please. I am so behind in getting cards out...I haven't spent as much time with the Lord as I want. I haven't bought one gift yet either...and Chanukkah starts Wednesday night! This week! Josh will be here expecting his gift and potato pancakes YUM!!! Any carbs in those??!! YES, I know. I need to see sugar and carbohydrates as something dangerous....not delicious. Yet, I don't like veggies, meat and shouldn't have any fruit. I am in trouble with this stuff. I don't want to be where my Mom is on this now. She has been Diabetic for 20 years before me. I am almost in the same boat as she is. Thank you, my friends.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:34 AM   #2301
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Today is a new day! Praying for all of my dear friends, my dear fellow Prayer Warriors. I pray that you all have a Blessed day, and if you are caught in the hooks of the "Holiday Season" rather than being in the true Season of Christmas, I pray that you will realize it, too, and change it. I haven't even heard one Christmas carol yet! O Holy Nights just about brings me to my knees every time.

Just so you all know, on the blog, I am looking for people to share about Christmas. Just go and read the details if you are interested.

I am a bit better today---I am spending the time with the Lord today...BEFORE I start on cards. I have been just getting up and rushing into my art room without any Worship music even, because I have such a headache. Today...music...headache or not.

Have a wonderful blessed day!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #2302
Glitter Guru

Hi Ladies, just wanted to let you know mom's test results came back really good. Normal aging and no stroke. Yeah! So it was vertigo and she may have a sinus infection. The MRI showed that. Just wanted to let you know all is well and I appreciate all the prayers.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #2303
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Praise the Lord. Prayers being answered again!

Traci- I sent a package off today!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:16 AM   #2304
Inking Addict

Hi Everyone,
I am new, and came across this thread. I wanted to request prayers for my dad, but got to reading the post, and now I am sitting here with tears running down my face. Blondena--I am so sorry for your loss. Your post hit so close to home. My mom lost her 16 year old son in 1982, and although I do not know the loss of a son, I watched my Mom and Dad mourn the loss of Billy. As a sister who lost her brother, I can say time does help, but, after all these years--I have grown up, married and have sons' of my own, I still cry over losing my big brother so very long ago. My brother died of ALL, dx at 6 years and died 10 years later. The only thing I can say is TraceS is right "take it one day at a time", and I am so glad that you have your husband and daughter--together you will all need each other, and will support each other. I am going to say some prayers for you and your family, and I hope that you can one day find some joy again, laugh again--your son would want you to do these things.
I wanted to know if I may request prayers for my Dad--he has many medical problems, but the biggest is his new kidney stopped working about 4 years ago, putting him back on dialysis again. The first fistula stopped working, they put in another one in the other arm--it has finally stopped working. They tried to put something in his shoulder/chest area -had a specialist come in to do it--but it would not take. He is stuck with a "port"--I beleive that is what it is called---in his leg. He has to lay flat for 3-4 hours for his sessions three days a week. After he got the news yesterday about the device not being able to work, he just got so depressed. More so than before. I do not know what to do for him, he has lost his fighting, stubburn attitude. I try to take my boys to see them as often as I can, because that is when I see the biggest smile on his face. I am so worried about him, both he and my mom. She had a stroke over a year ago, leaving her with a bum knee, adding to the one she already had, she now has trouble walking when she first gets up in the morning She was lucky, as her stroke was mild, and I made sure she received OT, PT and Speech therapy. I would really appreciate it if some of you would say some prayers for both my parents. And I will keep all of you in my prayers tonight. Hope everyone has a good day, it is raining/snowing her in PA, but I woke up and kissed my husband before he went to work, and now I need to get my three kids up out of bed. So far, it is a great day--I am very thankful for that.
Thank you,
Leann
PS: My dad's birthday is Dec 2nd.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:14 AM   #2305
Insane Embellisher

Heart Praise God for He is Great and Mighty and Wonderful....

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Hi Ladies, just wanted to let you know mom's test results came back really good. Normal aging and no stroke. Yeah! So it was vertigo and she may have a sinus infection. The MRI showed that. Just wanted to let you know all is well and I appreciate all the prayers.
Do I hear a "Hurray! For God!?" What wonderful news, dear Michele. I know from personal experience that a sinus infection can cause dizziness on it's own. What good news.

Not that Vertigo is good news. I am just so relieved, as I am sure we all are that it was not a stroke!

Praise the Lord. He IS Able! He IS Mighty! He IS Good! He IS Great!

Can you tell, I had a portion of time with Him yesterday?! I know, He is always with me...but I have been so busy with things... I didn't even realize it until it happened that I wasn't spending the QUALITY time I love to have with him. And, my schedule became much crazier as of yesterday...about 4 more big days coming.

Tonight is the 1st night of Chanukkah, and I don't even have the food or gift to have Josh over for a celebration. I feel terrible about that! 4 more events, is more events than I have had in 4 months...each outing takes so much out of me. T

Thanks for letting us know, Michele.

Now, it's time to Praise Him!

He IS Able,
Traci

Get this...I received 188 cards for the American Cancer Society Fundraiser Card Drive I am doing this winter...where I needed 50 sets of 10 cards...and we now need 20 sets...seems like nothing, because God is providing by working through so many incredible hearts...including many of yours, and I KNOW not everyone can do it right now...not a problem. I'm hoping to get a start on cards for the April Sale...the really big one...where I would like to have 100 additional sets of cards for sale.

Does anyone know how to let people know what type of sentiment or design is on the inside of each card. Some have been stamped...and I really don't want to have oily or funnel cake hands opening cards...that's why I have tied them in ribbon. But, some are assortments. I thought of asking each artist if I could take a photo of each card inside and out...and putting them in an album ...make several copies. That is just SO LABOR INTENSIVE!! Any other ideas? I appreciate each of you, you know....cards or not. If anyone wants to donate anything...I could certainly use A2 cards...white. Store bought or not.

Speaking of which, I have tried, and tried, and I am not coming along with my Christmas Cards. I do not think that I will be getting cards out to friends, this year. I am so sorrry. And, I am praying the Lord will give me the energy to get something out to each of you...you are so important to me. You help me walk with Him in a better way each day...you cover me in prayers...and I am so sad, please forgive me. Please know that perhaps He willl give me more energy...and I will get them done...but I am only getting one card done a day right now. I haven't mass produced any. I hope you all understand. I wanted to send gifts...and I hope you will understand, that I am not in the position to do that at all. I love you all so much...I hope you know that, however!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

p.s. If you like Ash2Ash Christian Music....make sure you show up around 1:00 at the blog...ok? hint! hint!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:31 AM   #2306
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Dear LeAnne~

What a wonderful tender heart you have. You came here seeking prayer and ended up offering guidance to a woman you do not know, who has suffered a loss similar to your family's. I am sorry about the loss of your brother, also. I am sure it helped her to hear from someone who has been in the position. Thank you so much.

Welcome! Of course we will pray for your parents...both of them. I know that our Lord, Jesus Christ...the Great Physician, the Lord of Lord's is capable of absolutely anything...and He has passed those things on to His disciples also...which we who follow Him are!

I will certainly pray for medical healing for your Dad. I wouldn't think that it would be unhealthy to be depressed with the news he just received. I think he probably needs time to work it out in his own mind. Perhaps you can just have a talk with him, telling him how very much you love him, and how you want him to continue to fight. (It is obvious you love him.) I will also pray for the medical team to be led by Jesus Himself, and that they will think of a way to make things happen. New things happen in the medical field so often. I will pray that Jesus will take the medical team and lead them finely, He will give them energy they need, He will have things run smoothly between them, and that He will make them all hungry to fill this need. I will of course, pray that your Dad will recover beautifully.

I will also pray for your Mom. Many of the same requests...for strength to put up with all of these needs. And, for her own healing of her knees, and of any sadness she has in her heart. I pray that the two of you are very close, and that you do not yet become the parent of your parents.

Please keep us updated,Sweetie. I will be hearing to know. Do your boys understand any of your Dad's condition. You didn't give their age. I am just curious. I believe...my belief ...all of this...is that teling them the truth in an easy going way...not a big heavy conversation helps...that way, you don't have to hide any tears...which they will catch you at...you don't have to go into detail...I believe in honesty with my son...even as a young one...even when he asked me what sex was at age 8. I just gave him an answer appropriate for his age. Does that make any sense, I hope.

I will also pray for you. For the words for your boys. For the health and stamina to lift up your parents, and help out. For your health, which I hope you have had checked recently! Information is power. Don't hide from your doctor. I speak from experience.

Your Dad MAY be feeling fed up. I am disabled, and I HATE having to stop what I am doing to rest my back, or put up my legs. I feel like a loser sometimes. Your Dad, especially at this time of year, may be missing the times when perhaps he would drag in a tree for decorating...or may miss putting one of your son's on his shoulders...or you for that matter. The holidays often bring up a melancholy feeling for those of us that can't do what we once did!

I hope that you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. If you don't...just let us know. I am sure many of us would be very happy to walk you through the very simple prayer that leads you to the Truth. He is with you at all times. He loves you more than you will ever possibly know....even now...even if you havn'et accepted Him as your Lord yet. Be courageous. Let us know, if you don't know Him personally. We will guide you, Sweetie.

God bless you and your family.
We will be praying.

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:08 AM   #2307
Inking Addict

Traci S,
Thank you for the prayers for my parents and my family. And thank you for the encouraging words and thoughts, I do appreciate it. My boys are 9, 7, and 4 and know that Pap is sick, but do not fully understand the process of dialysis--I just told them Pap needs to get his blood cleaned by a machine a few times a week. My dad jokes with them, that he has to get his "oil changed", but right now, he is not in a laughing mood. I do know Jesus, and I beleive that everything has a reason. At times, I get upset or disgusted, but I know that there are better times a head. And sometimes things do not go our way, but I have to accept that. I am trying to teach my boys to know and love Jesus, for they will need him all throughout their lives. I will keep you updated on my dad and mom, and I will try to talk to my dad. He is one of those tough, rough kind of guys who thinks he has to keep his emotions from everyone. I have only heard him cry once, and it was when he lost he son, and he didn't know anyone could hear him. He is very stubborn, but down deep, he has the softest heart, and you can see it when he sees my boys. Which is probably the best medicine for him--his grandsons.
Thank you,
Have a wonderful day.
Leann
Old 12-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #2308
Stazon Splitcoast

Leanne- Praying especially for mom and dad. I am also asking God to give you courage and comfort. It is very difficult to watch your parents when they are ill. I know I felt to helpless. Know that God is there for you always!
Traci- God is good. He will supply what is necessary. I wonder if you could type out the sentiment and tape it to the front of the pack. I wish I had thought of it before I sent mine off. I could have done that for you!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #2309
Glitter Guru

Hello ladies,

For everyone who has posted, thank you - I love to read each post and see everyone supporting and sharing with each other. I think that is what is so great about this thread. That and we can all come together in HIS name because of his mercy and grace and his love for us. This time of year, I find it can be challenging and also so inspiring. I love to look for the miracles they happen all year long, but honestly maybe I just see them more this time of year. I think that his PURE, Agape love for us is just so amazing and one of my favorite verses "we love because he first loved us" he showed us what love is and told us how to walk in it. I know sometimes it feels hard, but wow when I obey you know it only gets easier for me - it seems like other burdens are just lifted. I read your posts and know there are a lot of big prayer requests and big situations - BUT OUR GOD IS BIGGER! This is where we have to stand, trust and pray. The support here on this thread is great and to know you can reach out and ask for Spiritual help is such a blessing.

"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. -Isaiah 53:5"

Jesus was bruised (shed blood) internally and externally suffering for sickness. This is described by Peter when he quotes Isaiah 53 in his epistle, "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree ... by whose stripes ye were healed" (1 Peter 2:24).

To think of all that Christ went through FOR US ALL, it is incredible. I pray for each of you, your families and your situations.

Love in Christ,
Michele
Old 12-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #2310
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Michele thank you so much for your encouraging post.

Have been struggling with physical and emotional situations and am grateful for prayer and for the Lord's love and grace.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #2311
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Michele thank you so much for your encouraging post.

Have been struggling with physical and emotional situations and am grateful for prayer and for the Lord's love and grace.
Lifting you up my dear friend. Praying for his total peace that passes understanding and praying for healing for every area in your life.

Hugs and know you are loved!
Michele
Old 12-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #2312
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- Praying for you.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #2313
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thank you so much for your prayers - am so very grateful to the Lord for each of you especially during this trying time.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #2314
Insane Embellisher

Heart

And, YOU, LeAnne, a loving daughter!

His,
Traci S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemawsgirl View Post
Traci S,
Thank you for the prayers for my parents and my family. And thank you for the encouraging words and thoughts, I do appreciate it. My boys are 9, 7, and 4 and know that Pap is sick, but do not fully understand the process of dialysis--I just told them Pap needs to get his blood cleaned by a machine a few times a week. My dad jokes with them, that he has to get his "oil changed", but right now, he is not in a laughing mood. I do know Jesus, and I beleive that everything has a reason. At times, I get upset or disgusted, but I know that there are better times a head. And sometimes things do not go our way, but I have to accept that. I am trying to teach my boys to know and love Jesus, for they will need him all throughout their lives. I will keep you updated on my dad and mom, and I will try to talk to my dad. He is one of those tough, rough kind of guys who thinks he has to keep his emotions from everyone. I have only heard him cry once, and it was when he lost he son, and he didn't know anyone could hear him. He is very stubborn, but down deep, he has the softest heart, and you can see it when he sees my boys. Which is probably the best medicine for him--his grandsons.
Thank you,
Have a wonderful day.
Leann
Old 12-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #2315
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Dearest Michele,

You are so right. Miracles do happen all of the time. Every day....this world is a big place...just because we don't personally know of one for a week, doesn't mean it isn't happening everywhere. You are so right about everything you said. And, I love the Verse you shared...Isaish 53:5. It was because of that Scripture, and a card made and shared somewhere here at SCS, that I first came to meet Joan, and out of that a friendship has grown. In fact, with all of you, our friendships have grown in Christ, because that is where they started! In prayer. In love. In His love. You are so right. Thanks you for the perfectly worded reminder. You are GREAT at that!

Joan, thank you for the label idea. I'll do it. It's a great thought. Thank you!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Hello ladies,

For everyone who has posted, thank you - I love to read each post and see everyone supporting and sharing with each other. I think that is what is so great about this thread. That and we can all come together in HIS name because of his mercy and grace and his love for us. This time of year, I find it can be challenging and also so inspiring. I love to look for the miracles they happen all year long, but honestly maybe I just see them more this time of year. I think that his PURE, Agape love for us is just so amazing and one of my favorite verses "we love because he first loved us" he showed us what love is and told us how to walk in it. I know sometimes it feels hard, but wow when I obey you know it only gets easier for me - it seems like other burdens are just lifted. I read your posts and know there are a lot of big prayer requests and big situations - BUT OUR GOD IS BIGGER! This is where we have to stand, trust and pray. The support here on this thread is great and to know you can reach out and ask for Spiritual help is such a blessing.

"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. -Isaiah 53:5"

Jesus was bruised (shed blood) internally and externally suffering for sickness. This is described by Peter when he quotes Isaiah 53 in his epistle, "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree ... by whose stripes ye were healed" (1 Peter 2:24).

To think of all that Christ went through FOR US ALL, it is incredible. I pray for each of you, your families and your situations.

Love in Christ,
Michele
Old 12-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #2316
Insane Embellisher

Red face

Hi Everyone~

Caterina, praying for a complete healing for you...He IS Able. I believe you have my phone number. Call me anytime you want to vent, share, be angry...or hear a silly joke. I'm home all of the time!

Meemawsgirl- Praying for you. You sound like a wonderful Mom and daughter. I am continuing to pray for Dad and his medical team, and for Mom and her physical and emotional needs, and for your 3 incredible "little" men. How wonderful to have a Mom with such a clear goal...teach them to Love the Lord, they will need Him all of their life. You are all covered in prayer. We don't have to understand the "how's" we just need to do what we are told...pray. The prayers are there for you all.

J-- When I write about my amazement of how the Lord is providing this or that...it is because I am so overwhelmed by His love. I know, without a crack of a doubt...that He can do anything!!! Absolutely anything!!! And, yet, I am humbled that He is moving hearts into action for this Fundraiser to help the American Cancer Society...which in turn helps people with illness. I am blown away...like a little leaf on a windy day...at the magnitude of the reply. It reminds me that all things ARE possible through Christ Jesus. I bet I end up with exactly the 500 cards...or many more than that! By the 8th. He is showing me...it is a great gift to me to see this...and it is working in much larger ways...my family is hearing daily about how many cards were delivered, and hand made by Christian Women, and sent with their postage, and the time involved---they know. It is reaching very far...on many levels.

I just received an email from a regular guest at the blog. She let me know this:

Emergency Prayer Request: Largest Fire in Israel's History Burning during Devastating DroughtPrayer requests have come in from Israel in light of the terrible fire that is currently burning on Mt. Carmel. The country has been in the midst of a crippling drought that has left the land a tinderbox.

According to news reports, Israel has asked for firefighting help from both America and Russia, as well as other countries. We at BCN urge our readers to pray for Israel, that the winds would die down, rain would fall and the fire would be extinguished. I also verified this with a couple of other TV stations.

This is Chanukkah. The time of Dedication. Please dedicate your heart to praying for the land and people of Israel. All of the people.

Nikki--I hope all is well with us. I am sorry for my error in judgment. I have sent you 2 emails...please be sure to read both of them. I am also lifting you up. I know this week is a tough one with the owner's gone at work. I know you are absorbing a lot of their time and work. Please try to sleep when you are off...and please be careful with your sugar. I have been a bit better. At least I am not out in the public where there are lots of goodies at work, and such. Arm yourself. Bring good snacks for you. Just last night I read about our bodies being the Temple of God.

All-I am overweight, it breaks my heart. I tell you this, so because I want my body to be a pleasing Temple of God. My sugar is too high. I could do something about that. My blood pressure, I could use some techniques...and perhaps lower it a bit. I don't think I can help anything else. The problem is that I have no control over my food. I was an anorexic and bulimic a mere 17 years ago. I was 103 pounds at 5'7"...and now, I can't pass the kitchen without getting something to eat. And, worse, because of my disabilities, I can do stretches, which I do...or my body gets so stiff, I need Dave to move me. I can not even walk 2 houses without being totally out of breath. THAT is the weight. THAT could end my life the fastest. I want to be here with Dave. I want to see more of Josh's life and the other's...and hug my grandchildren. I can't even get down to the 2 and 4 year old. Please. Please pray for me. This is such a hard month. My family...all of the woman love to bake. I do, but I can't reach into the oven safely...my back. I am not asking for complete healing. I believe He has me disabled for a reason. I am asking for the will power...and just enough healing at least to get me walking around more, and doing some standing crunches...and to let me get away from the food I do not need! I am so scared. I am being so honest with you. I really need your prayers, and your help if possible. Just an encouraging word here and there...if it is ok with you.

I appreciate you, My friends. I am so scared for being so honest right now. I am always honest...but never really about this...I just avoid the topic. And, that is not honest. I answer any question honestly...except I will not tell my weight. Even Dave does not know...he waits in the waiting room at he dr's, and then joins me to remember what the doc says, in the room. He isn't there when I get weighed and they yell the amount out. He knows, I need to keep this from him for now.

I hope I have not ruined anyone's day. Be blessed.
Oh---Great Give-Away at the blog...ends Sunday!!!!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Join the Fund Raiser for
the American Cancer Society!

Only 14 more card sets
needed before December 8th!

100 additional sets needed
before March 15th.

Please go to the He IS Able
Blog for Details!
He IS Able
Old 12-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #2317
Stazon Splitcoast

Light moment:

Please pray for me.

My third grader brought home his recorder from school today. The sounds of screeching notes (he only knows B and A) now fill my home with um, I guess you can call it music.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #2318
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen- He has to start somewhere. Maybe he will be able to figure out a couple of other notes. Think of it as an angel practicing! Remember I had three sons who were musicians.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #2319
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah - it's pay back for me being a musician too! But, I thought it would be a nice, light moment!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #2320
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci - I struggle with food issues too. It sure is not easy. I too need help in this area. So very hard. I will pray for us! It's such a curse that I am a good cook and love all kinds of foods!

BTW, you can have the nurses not tell you the number and just write it down. I stand on the scale backwards too.