Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 10:03 AM   #2241
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Hi All~

Caterina~ I am sorry that there is another thing to work around. I will also pray that the Doctor's will be led by the Greatest of All Physicians...Our Lord. I pray that they will spiritually be led to find the answer that will work for you. I am sorry if you are in pain. I understand how horrible that could be. I pray for you every day. Please keep us informed.

Milwaukee Mom- Long time no see! I am so glad you came back. Last time I knew, you were looking for work. What kind of work did you find? I prayed for you long after you left this thread...I will pray for your request again...please keep us posted. I will pray that you will know with no doubt of your mind whether to get into this online venture or not.

J--I am sorry if I sound like a mom to you. I am so worried about you over doing it, and reactivating whatever was in your system when you were ill. Is it something that could just start up again...or is it something that once it is gone...it is gone for good!

Nikki, Honey, how is your mom doing? And, how are you doing with her being as she is? Do you feel supported? What else can I do to help?

Ladies, I am feeling ill again. I can't stand this better, worse, better, worse. Please pray that I get better for good. We (my family) are all going away to surprise my dad. We have some suites that connect...so we will basically be staying in one room. We realized we really only know a shell about my dad. ANd, we don't really know each other as adults as well as a family should. So, the purpose of the weekend is to get closer. The last time we all went away, I was in 10th grade. All of us kids have gone on cruises and such, but my parents couldn't go for one reason or another. This is all of us. And, we all want to be the leader in the family...except my brother. Please pray that we will all get along, and no one will be arguing or teaming up, or wanting to escape early. Please pray for each of us. And, for us to decide if we like each other at all...basically. It is usually pretty tense when we are all together. You woudn't (how do you spell that? I forget! It looks odd.) You can't tell that I am the eldest of us 4. Growing up the 3 of them always sided together. If they did something wrong, and my parents would ask about it...all 3 of them would say I did it...when clearly I didn't. But, I would get punished. 3 of them against me. It still happens some times. Please pray...a lot!

Praying for all of you!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #2242
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci- Asking God to send peace and healing for you!
Hope your expectations for the weekend with the family are wrong. I pray that your family has a fun filled time together with out bickering and old hurts interfering.

Praying for everyone!

Joan
Old 11-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #2243
Stazon Splitcoast

I just came across this poem. I have not read it for years.
In Flanders Fields
by Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD Canadian Army Medical Corps
(1872-191
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place, and in the sky,
The larks, still bravely singing, fly,
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead; short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe!
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high!
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Joan
Old 11-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #2244
Pearl-ExPert

Default Prayer Request

Going to ask you guys for prayer. In about two weeks I am shutting down my craft room for an indefinete amount of time. My youngest son and his wife know this engaged couple who is having a few problems. The couple (Dave & Sarah) are Christians but their parents are not. Dave graduated from college and just started seminary because he feels God is calling him into the minstry. Sarah's parents have now forbiden her to marry Dave because they don't think a minister can make enough money to support their daughter. They kicked her out, stopped paying for her college, and cut off all funds for their June wedding. Sarah quit school, got a job as a Nanny and can remain in her dorm room for two weeks. But she's going to need someplace to stay. Our church is helping out Sarah & Dave and we are taking Sarah into our spare room (my craft room) around Thanksgiving. We are also hoping to provide a pot-luck wedding reception for them in June. Please pray for this young couple who are trying so hard to follow what God wants them to do. There are so many hurt feelings and feelings of betrayal - its hard to ignore. Please pray for Dave & Sarah. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #2245
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Update on mom: She has diverticulitis. Put her on two meds, saying really nothing to do, but just watch the diet and certain foods. I am just so GLAD that they finally have found out what the problem was. She also has something wrong with her heel on her foot, went to foot dr said nothing they can really do becuase of her diabeties, plus if she did surgery she would be out of work for 4mths, SHE CANT AFFORD THAT.

Traci I am doing good, hanging in there, need to get to dr to get blood work again, but i am hanging in there, stress at work is still there, just keeping my chin up. Thanks for asking about me. PRAYING FOR YOU AS WELL. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS FOR ME AND MY MOM and FAMILY in general.

PRAYERS FOR ALL OF YOU ON THIS THREAD.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #2246
Stazon Splitcoast

Nichole- my mom had diverticulitis. We had to help her watch her diet. I know what you mean about foot surgery. I need it too. However, the dr told me the recovery is 16 weeks with no weight bearing for 10-12 weeks. Praying for you!

Louise- You are such a wonderful person to take in a stranger. Your story reminded me of my childhood. We never knew if we would come home to another person living with us or not. We just doubled or should I say quadrupled up. For about a year four of us shared a double bed in a small bedroom. A family needed a home and we were it. Prayers are being said for them.

Joan
Old 11-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #2247
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Hi Everyone~

I just wrote an answer to each person...and the computer received an email...and I think that is when my posts disappear. I will try to write later.

Know that I will be praying for you...I hopefully will get on the beach, and that is where I see the Majesty of our Lord...I see how vast the ocean is...and how small my problems are compared to it!

In short form:

J---thank you for your prayers. They mean so much to me. I hope we all leave the weekend knowing each other in an adult way...and that we all go home happy...not festering some anger toward another.

Also, I am praying that I know how to act around this group of Atheists and Jews. My parents get sad, scared and then angry when I am myself.
It will be a challenge not to pray with my voice as the day goes by. I do that all day. And, praise Him all day about big and little things. I need to hide this from them...but the Bible says He is first...I know that. But, my parents are humiliated when Christian Children comes up. It is a "sin" to them, that I converted. They didn't teach me enough, they didn't surround me with Jews, they let me date Christians. (You have to when there are only 3 non-related Jewish families in the whole town.

Joan, I thank you for everything you do for me. I am so blessed by knowing you!

Idumont--in a short note...How wonderful! I hope you find an area where you can still stamp when you want, or perhaps the two of you can stamp. I don't want a lack of no stamping to cause tension.

I am envious of you, I confess it. "When did you let me in, when I was homeless?" I don't know the exact words, but you are doing it! I am sure it does not escape the Lord's knowing. I hope you will still stop in and chat, and keep us updated!

Nikki-- My Mom has diverticulitis also. She has to be careful not to eat seeds. Did they tell you that? Like tomato seeds. They need to be cut out. My Mom explained that it is like her stomach walls are pitted from acid or other things...so the seeds get stuck in the "pits' and it is pain for them, and their stomachs swell up so large! It is painful. I hope that is helpful.

I hope you get the Friday after Thanksgiving off. Request it off if you can. You need a break. It will only be a long weekend. But, it may give you time to renew and Christmas is still 5 or so weeks away...do you want to wait that long to be able to relax from everything? I relate to you in so many ways. Not pressuring...just asking. Have you started to read that book I sent, or have you not started it yet. If hubby is home, ask him to read it and highlight it for you. Quality time, reading done...and you learn more about this disease of ours.

I am in danger because I keep forgetting I am diabetic. Until I almost pass out. I need to remember all of the time. Do you wear an alert bracelet. I do, but it is a one charm charm bracelet and very pretty, but I don't think medics would even see it. My mom made the bracelet...it is what I wanted...lady like, pretty, but now I see the importance of having one that has the symbol in my face,so to speak.

SMiley J--love that poem. It is so moving. May I use it? I will give credit to the artist. Do you want credit, also? Not a problem. I just don't want to step on your toesies while my feet are like extra long skiis!

Praying that everyone have a healthy and safe weekend. And, some special Quality time with our Lord. Make time for Him..peace will come. That was my message on Wednesday's blog! lol Check it out.

See you all on Monday. 1:21pm...I am wayyy behind time...

Be blessed...and be a blessing in what you do!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #2248
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci- please take care of yourself. Eat little meals. I know that you can do exactly what is necessary to get back on track with your family. I think of what my father taught me... you can think whatever you want but you don't have to say it. Praying silently is just as effective as out loud in my book!

hope you all have a safe and blessed weekend!

Joan
Old 11-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #2249
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
Update on mom: She has diverticulitis. Put her on two meds, saying really nothing to do, but just watch the diet and certain foods. I am just so GLAD that they finally have found out what the problem was. She also has something wrong with her heel on her foot, went to foot dr said nothing they can really do becuase of her diabeties, plus if she did surgery she would be out of work for 4mths, SHE CANT AFFORD THAT.

Traci I am doing good, hanging in there, need to get to dr to get blood work again, but i am hanging in there, stress at work is still there, just keeping my chin up. Thanks for asking about me. PRAYING FOR YOU AS WELL. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS FOR ME AND MY MOM and FAMILY in general.

PRAYERS FOR ALL OF YOU ON THIS THREAD.

Goodness, sweetie, truly asking the Lord to shower down heaps of love, mercy, grace and healing, physically, mentally and emotionally as you walk on this path. Remember, God is walking with you.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #2250
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Traci, just be the salt and light that Jesus wants you to be and remember, if anyone is uncomfortable, it is not you, it is the Holy Spirit in you that is at work with your family. You can win people over without a word, just love them where they are.

Please take good care of yourself and not allow yourself to fret too much - rest in the Lord.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #2251
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Traci I have read some of that book I have enjoyed reading it, I want to make some copies of the important things you know. I will get it sent back out to you soon. THANKS for letting me borrow. You need to take care of yourself as well. You are always taking care of others so you need to take care of yourself as well. HUGS love ya. But as time off concerns I actually have the Wed before Thanksgiving and the Fri OFF. We are closed for those days. SO CANT WAIT.

PRAYERS FOR ALL
Old 11-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #2252
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Nichole- HUGS my friend!

Joan
Old 11-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #2253
Stazon Splitcoast

Our pastor opened the message today with a video called Prayintoim. Just google that word. The link will then take you to the Sermon Spice website and the video. You gals will love it.
It looks just like an TV ad for some new drug. "Do you have a lot of stress in your life? You need to try Prayintoim!"

P.S. Click on the Sunday's Message Notes link in my signature. I started a new sharing thread.

Last edited by GarnetJ; 11-14-2010 at 08:57 PM..
Old 11-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #2254
Gabfest Goddess

Hello ladies, just dropping by to say I am thinking about you and hope each one of you have a blessed day!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #2255
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
Traci I have read some of that book I have enjoyed reading it, I want to make some copies of the important things you know. I will get it sent back out to you soon. THANKS for letting me borrow. You need to take care of yourself as well. You are always taking care of others so you need to take care of yourself as well. HUGS love ya. But as time off concerns I actually have the Wed before Thanksgiving and the Fri OFF. We are closed for those days. SO CANT WAIT.

PRAYERS FOR ALL
Hi Nikki~

Honey, I wasn't asking you to send the book yet! I was wondering if any of it was helpful to you? Take your time with it, please. Keep it over Winter and Spring break, if that is the only time you have to read it. You are so busy, Sweetie, I was wondering if you have even had time to touch it yet. I know you have text books and such to read. So, just take your time with it. I'll let you know if I have an emergency and need it back sooner, ok? Thank you.

I am so glad that you are off around Thanksgiving. I hope you will have plenty of scheduled time to relax. Put it on the calendar, so you have those hours blocked out if you want. That's what I did this weekend. I knew if I didn't choose a certain time to have the beach to myself, I wouldn't get it. So I announced as soon as we all got to the restort..."At 4pm, I am going to the beach by myself, for some God time." It was wonderful. They knew not to plans something that we all needed to be a part of, or something super fun...and I had an hour alone. Which I tell you, I needed! LOL

Have a great day,

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #2256
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Hi Everyone~

I can not thank you all for your wisdom and your prayers. It was a good
70th birthday celebration for my Dad, and my parents haven't been anywhere that special in probably 35 years or so. They had a wonderful time. I had stress. There was so much talking all at once, and Dave can't hear anything when it is like that. My family, we are all multitaskers and can listen to 3 conversations at once, and still deal cards. The game QUIDDLER is so great for any type of get-to-gether. Super easy to learn. Easy to play...educational...fun...it is like Scrabble but with cards, and you don't interact your cards with the others. You keep score.

Anyway, I left the balcony door open all night...I left the screen there...but it was in the low 50's and my poor husband, is always cold. I am never cold.
Listening to the ocean all day and night was so relaxing to me. But, everything we did was done because my sisters and brother wanted to do that. I gave my Dad a book full of questions...from childhood, to now...every topic...clean cut...and he will take it and fill in the answers and return it to me, and I will have copies made for my siblings and anyone else. It is a wonderful gift! He enjoyed just reading the Table of Contents, and trying to remember the answer...and having fun just remembering his 11th birthday and so on.

I couldn't have done it if you weren't all helping me...and knowing your prayers were with me was amazing. I really felt like I was covered...as in wearing your prayers and advice...and things would really have to work to get past that. There was one incident that was sad to happen, but I am trying to just ignore that it even happened. I went to bed at 10pm...everyone else was trying to stay up playing atari and old board games until 3am! They lost their goal...they were all out by 11pm! LOL

What is new around here? How are all of you? How was your weekend? I need to go check out that little snippet that Garnet J was so kind to leave for us.

Thank you all again!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:50 AM   #2257
Insane Embellisher

Smile Good Morning!

Hi Everyone~

I told you a post or two ago how wonderful the weekend was being covered in your prayers. I really don't think I was clear. It felt amazingly different. I felt as if I really had armor on...your prayers formed like a protective space around me. There were times when my sister said something to me directly...in front of me...and I honestly could not hear her words...I could tell by her face there was a lot of attitude in what she was saying...but I physically didn't hear the harmful words. It was wonderful. It happened more than once. I would say it was magical...but I won't! It was you and your prayers and God granting me protection.

I hope that each of you get to feel like that. It was a real blessing. Perhaps you feel like that all of the time. I don't know what was different...I don't need to know why...it was fabulous...I thank each of you....and I certainly thank my Lord, Jesus the Christ.

Praying for each of you.

BTW, Caterina--How are you doing, Sweetie? I haven't sent that out yet...I only had 10 so, I am waiting until I have more...unless you need them now. Up to you!

Much Love-
Traci S.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #2258
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Had my gastro appt. this morning and he is changing meds and asking me to cut back on the stress as best as possible. Thanks for your prayers.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #2259
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci- you were truly blessed.
Caterina- I pray that the new meds will help. Stress is a hard thing to rid from a person's life. I know~

Joan
Old 11-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #2260
Gabfest Goddess

Hi ladies, just dropping in to say hello and let you know I am thinking of each of you! God knows your needs and circumstances fully and I lift those up to him this evening!

Michele
Old 11-19-2010, 04:23 AM   #2261
Gabfest Goddess

I would like to request prayer, going through something and would love some wisdom!
Old 11-19-2010, 04:32 AM   #2262
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
I would like to request prayer, going through something and would love some wisdom!
Good morning my dear friend, thinking of you and asking the Lord to give you the wisdom you need from Him, trusting He will guide and direct your steps.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #2263
Gabfest Goddess

I was gonna meet my parents for lunch, I picked up DD from school at 1:15 and by 1:20 got a phone call that my mom was being rushed to the hospital. I spent the rest of my day there and just got home about 15 mins. or so ago.

They diagnosed as Vertigo, she was sweating like all through her clothes wet, dizzy nausea, and couldn't walk. They did a cat scan showed in past she had two mini strokes. They sent her home and my one pain in the butt sister went with her, I don't deal with this stuff well and DH came from work and DD was so incredible. She was there through all of the hard stuff and my mom was just gripping onto her, Jenn is strong just like my mom. They are physically stronger than I am and it was so awful to see I am tired. I was glad I was there, helped with the cat scan transfer from table to table to keep her dignity. DD helped her throw up into bag wiped her forehead with a damp cloth and did more than most adults. I told her how proud I was of her and how I admired her strength and God made someone special in her! Just proud she showed real character just a gift from God.

I thank God for his intervention today and for sustaining my mom and I know he is working in the spiritual realm for her. Please add mom to your prayer lists, her name is Millie
Old 11-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #2264
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Oh Michele, so sorry to hear about your mom. Grateful to the Lord for His protective care and trusting your mom will feel better.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #2265
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Hope your mom is doing better. I have Vertigo. It can be really scary. My first episode sounds a lot like your mom's. Shortly after this I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. Hugs to you and your mom!

Joan
Old 11-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #2266
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks ladies, and Joan, my mom does take meds for the blood pressure and that was good all throuhout. Thanks for the heads up I think sometimes we can learn more from each other than doctors sometimes.

HUGS!
Old 11-20-2010, 05:44 AM   #2267
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- please get some rest! Hugs

Joan
Old 11-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #2268
Gabfest Goddess

Mom is doing better today and so am I just tired so gonna veg!

Thank you all for your support. I hope everyone is having a super blessed Sunday!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #2269
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Please take care of yourself.
Blessings to all!

Joan
Old 11-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #2270
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Michelle, so glad you Mom is doing better. Get some rest now.

Traci- I loved your description how God had put armour on you and you felt protected from your sister's words and attitude.

Prayer request for me today. I am struggling with an issue that seems to be getting the best of me, work related. It is causing me to have physical symtoms, not eat well, not sleep well. I need to let it go and just deal with it when I have to at work. But I am letting it affect me too much. I feel weak that I am letting this happen. I will work on it, but then the cycle starts all over again.

Last edited by hedgiemama; 11-21-2010 at 02:23 PM..
Old 11-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #2271
Stazon Splitcoast

Hedgie- Thinking about you! Praying for guidance to get through this trial.

Joan
Old 11-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #2272
Insane Embellisher

Cool

Hi Everyone~

Caterina- I hope this medication works well for you. No pain!

HedgieMama- praying for you. Sent you a personal message.

Redwood--be as strong as your user name suggests. Be confient, Be yourself. Take 1 thing at a time, just like Joseph had to do...a young son, a slave, and before you know if he was at the kings hand. Just do what's in front of you, Sweetie. That will help a bit with PIB, I hope. I am already praying for Mom. I'm sure she will be well. I'm glad DD is there with you.
Please keep us posted on how Mom is doing, ok?

EVERYONE--I was trying to find a place to put a card request. I found the right column. But there is no place to post. And, I can't find a "Start a new thread" that is active! Any ideas? I need to get this posted!

Thanks for any advice! If you don't mind please PM me...I find things faster that way. I need to request A LOT of cards for a good event.

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #2273
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci- I was just reading your blog. Thanks for giving me somethings to think about and focus upon.

Joan
Old 11-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #2274
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello all...

I don't post often. Mostly I just look at your messages. Traci asked me about Anna. My grandniece is doing well physically. But she is rather more like a child than a teenage gal in her emotions. She is happy. Loves to play card games and board games. Loves to be with Mommy and Daddy.

While it is very good that she has not developed anger or depression, sadly, Anna will need to "grow up" again in order to function in the "real" world. In a way, it is sad that we all have to "grow up." Her childlike -- not childish -- attitude is very sweet to see.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:29 AM   #2275
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Michelle, so glad you Mom is doing better. Get some rest now.

Traci- I loved your description how God had put armour on you and you felt protected from your sister's words and attitude.

Prayer request for me today. I am struggling with an issue that seems to be getting the best of me, work related. It is causing me to have physical symtoms, not eat well, not sleep well. I need to let it go and just deal with it when I have to at work. But I am letting it affect me too much. I feel weak that I am letting this happen. I will work on it, but then the cycle starts all over again.
Sorry to hear you are struggling. Don't forget you can call out to that mountain and say "hey move" it can feel so large - God is larger and he gave you the authority in him to be able to move mountains and take authority.

Hugs and love in Christ
Old 11-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #2276
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post

Hedgie, feel so sorry that you are struggling so much causing you to be physically unwell. You are NOT weak, it is difficult to let things go and your are not alone in this. Sad to say, am too familiar myself with it. Please try to take care of yourself and keep giving it back to the Lord. He understands and cares about you wanting to give you an abundant life. Sending much love and hugs.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #2277
Gabfest Goddess

Hedgie,

Lifting you up! Dear Lord Jesus, I lift up this wonderful, caring loving woman to you Lord, I ask for you to watch over her and keep her close to you. I ask in your name that for whatever is bothering her to be removed from her Lord. I pray for her to feel your comfort and strength and for her to know in her heart how much you love her how perfectly you made her. All she ever has to be is what you made her to be. I thank you for her Lord and pray she will be restored.

Love in Christ,
Old 11-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #2278
Gabfest Goddess

My mom has an MRI scheduled for Wednesday and a doppler test to check if it was a stroke, the primary care thinks that is a possibility we will have to wait for results. If you could keep her in prayer.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:34 PM   #2279
Stazon Splitcoast

Hedgie- praying for you! I am asking God to intervene in your work situation.
Michele- More prayers for your mom Millie.
GarnetJ- thinking about your family. Join in anytime.
have a good night!

Joan
Old 11-25-2010, 05:24 AM   #2280
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Thanksgiving!

Joan