Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #2161
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelightningchic View Post
HI all! I rarely have time to get on here anymore, but when I do I head straight for this thread to see what's happening. Sara is doing well, we are doing well, so praying for your needs and thanking God for what he does daily in our lives. Blessings to everyone!
Great to see you post and glad you are doing well. Miss you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #2162
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Jen, you are going through a really rough time right now but just remember that the battle belongs to God. Just read today, "God will contend with those who contend with you". He is your shield, protector and you are the apple of His eye. No matter what happens just know God is right there and promises never to leave you nor forsake you ever. Cast every worry, concern or troublesome thought on Him for He cares for you!
Thanks caterina! I really needed to hear this today!
I am actually kind of happy. It's going to be hard but to have it done! Wow - what a load off of my mind!
And Friday is going to be so busy, it'll fly by!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:58 PM   #2163
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

hey Ellen so good to see you here, glad you and Sara are doing good.

Jen HUGS

Traci Thanks LOVE THAT SONG and that is what I am doing, TURING MY EYES toward him. thanks dear.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #2164
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

My dear ol' gastro guy has decided that we need to do some test for my gastric problems since the symptoms have been hanging on for so long. Have had plenty of them in the past so hopefully nothing new will pop up. His office will be calling with a date. Please pray that everything will go smoothly with some good news.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #2165
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina - I will pray that all is "the same". Perhaps there is something new they can do? Have you had that new testing for allergy to food - it's suppossed to pick up not true allergies - but the sensitivities that build up in our systems. How about a naturopath too? They are real MDs but specialize in a more holistic aproach in conjunction with traditional care.
I love accupuncture. If you can find a community based organization - they are wonderful. It's a group setting, so the energy flows and they usually take a sliding scale of payment.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #2166
Stazon Splitcoast

I have the cardiologist tomorrow!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #2167
Stazon Splitcoast

One of the kids in my heart support group is getting a new heart and as we speak she should be coming out of surgery. We've all been praying for her and the donor family. She is 13 years old.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:24 PM   #2168
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
One of the kids in my heart support group is getting a new heart and as we speak she should be coming out of surgery. We've all been praying for her and the donor family. She is 13 years old.
Trusting the Lord for protection and complete healing for this sweet little girl and especially for the donor family willing to give such a life giving gift.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #2169
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen- thinking about you and your family. I pray everything goes well at the cardiologist. I am asking God to hold the 13 yr old in His tender loving arms.
Caterina- praying for your comfort and healing.

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." -John C. Maxwell

Joan
Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #2170
Pearl-ExPert

I am praying for all your needs. Also - I have a prayer request ... please pray for our local police dept (Ringwood, NJ). The other day they responded to call and found that a father shot his two very young children and then killed himself. The mother was at work and is now hospitalized due to the trauma. The police in our quiet little town don't usually deal with this sort of thing and seeing two kids killed with a shot gun was pretty devastating. The Police Chief had tears coming down his cheeks during the news broadcast. Again, please pray for the Ringwood Police, the social workers, psychiatric staff and the mother of the two kids. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #2171
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldumont999 View Post
I am praying for all your needs. Also - I have a prayer request ... please pray for our local police dept (Ringwood, NJ). The other day they responded to call and found that a father shot his two very young children and then killed himself. The mother was at work and is now hospitalized due to the trauma. The police in our quiet little town don't usually deal with this sort of thing and seeing two kids killed with a shot gun was pretty devastating. The Police Chief had tears coming down his cheeks during the news broadcast. Again, please pray for the Ringwood Police, the social workers, psychiatric staff and the mother of the two kids. Thanks.

Oh Louise, praying for them and the mom. That is so heart wrenching. I remember you from stamp day in Highland Lakes if you ever want to get together to stamp, just let me know.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #2172
Stazon Splitcoast

Louise- That is very devastating. I will certainly pray for all of them. One of my brothers was a volunteer fireman. Once, he was the first person to enter a home and find three small children dead in the house.

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." -John C. Maxwell

Joan
Old 10-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #2173
Insane Embellisher

Hi Everyone~

I am praying for each of your needs...and for blessings on top of that! Our God is Great. I am so enjoying the blogpost that Michele put together for me. It is on mercy. And, I don't think I ever had such a full understanding of it...until now. And, I am sure that my Lord will reveal more and more as I am ready to learn about it. Thanks again, Michele.

Thank you Lord Jesus, for being merciful. We know that things could be more difficult for each of us, if you were not in our lives. I thank you for giving us more than one chance to do things. I thank you for loving us as we are. Lord, I pray that you will please help us keep our eyes on you. Help us turn away from the world and worldy things, and turn to you. Lord, I pray that you would please help us whether it is an emotional healing, physical, financial, or emotional healing. Lord, we know that you are capable of anything. Please heal the entire town where the father could no longer cope with living. I pray for the mother, and the rest of the family, I pray for the Father's family, for surely they are hurting, please Lord, let your love cover everyone touched by this horrific story like a blanket of love. Lord, I love you which is so easy to do. Thank you for loving me...as I am. I pray for everyone and everything in your Strong and Precious and Merciful name, in the name that every knee shall bow, and every tongue will profess, that Jesus Christ is Lord! Thank you Jesus! Amen.

Caterina-I pray that all will be well. That you will not be anxious, because you know the Love and Guidance our Lord gives. I am praying for wonderful results.

Jen, Please try to stay in the moment. Don't worry about Friday...it is still a ways away. Take time to smell the flowers, and count your blessings. You have been through such a tough time, but I promise you, if you look, you will find blessings right with you. Praying for your time with the Cardiologist. And, for the young recipient of the heart. I know all about it. A friend of ours had a heart transplant a few years ago. It is amazing, and the cost is outrageous!

Louise- So nice to have you here! I am so sorry about that horrible tragedy. I will lift up the entire town. Try not to turn on the news. They say that watching info about disasters over and over, is like re-living them again. How sad! And, how sad that here, in Orldando, murders are no big thing on the news. THAT is pathetic! How are you doing?

Joan~praying that your days are light, and that your nights are painless. I love how you keep the positive thoughts, even when we aren't feeling the best.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #2174
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi!
We haven't heard anything about the heart transplant friend. Her mom last posted that the heart was there and they had taken out her daughter's heart. I hope everything is OK and that they are just overwhelmed right now.

The cardiologist went fine. EKG looks good. Having an exercise stress test, which if I pass, which he believes I will, I will be clear. Of course, my dad has had tests and no arrythmia was detected, but it will be a huge piece of mind and then I can really start pushing myself to get in shape knowing that my heart can tolerate it. (I've been a little nervous about that and I usually love to exercise, but haven't done a thing this summer!)

Oh, and big news, my divorce may have just settled!!!!!!!!! I'll believe it when the papers are signed, but I had an email from my attorney waiting for me today. We shall see!!!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #2175
Stazon Splitcoast

With respect the last bit of news. I had insomnia last night and a lot of anxiety. As I layed in bed I tried to take Caterina's words to heart and give my concern and worries to God. It was difficult - nothing like doing that while have an anxiety attack, and it didn't help me get to sleep, but if the divorce is settled then praise God!!! It has slowly been killing me and my dad. I just can't do the stress anymore. My blood pressure was so high at the doctor today. Hopefully this will soon be over, and I can get back to being me and taking care of myself!
Old 10-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #2176
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
With respect the last bit of news. I had insomnia last night and a lot of anxiety. As I layed in bed I tried to take Caterina's words to heart and give my concern and worries to God. It was difficult - nothing like doing that while have an anxiety attack, and it didn't help me get to sleep, but if the divorce is settled then praise God!!! It has slowly been killing me and my dad. I just can't do the stress anymore. My blood pressure was so high at the doctor today. Hopefully this will soon be over, and I can get back to being me and taking care of myself!
Jen praying for a quick and swift end to this divorce you and praying for favor for you with the system. Praying that your health issues improve and know that God is with you. He loves you! We love you! Praying for a good night sleep for you!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:56 AM   #2177
Gabfest Goddess

Have some pressure building some extra prayers would be great.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:05 AM   #2178
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Michele, may you sense the Lord's loving caring presence in a very special way right now. He is your protector and shield covering you with His love, strength, faith, joy and calming peace in the midst of any and all turmoil. God makes you the head, not the tail and victory is yours.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:29 PM   #2179
Gabfest Goddess

Prayer request for a friend, Jackie, from work - she has a baby that she is working on adopting from the state. She has had him for 3 months and they are doing everything and adoption has started, the wheels are in motion he has been in the system for about a year and the original foster parent "gave the baby back" she had a 5 month old and they were getting divorced and stated too much for her. So now 3 months later she wants to drag my friend into court to take him back. Please pray she doesn't lose her son to this other woman. She has no legal right to him and this boy has bonded with her and her husband and I feel honestly for the child it is better to be with Jackie. Please pray that she will be able to keep him and finish the adoption process. Birth mom is in prison. Her rights are terminated and the final work needs to be done. SHe is devasted she can't have children of her own and she loves him and has accepted him as her own. That in itself is a big deal, she is just hurting cause she lost her first foster child to an obscure situation. It just stinks sometimes and praying that God will intervene on her behalf.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #2180
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Hi Michele~

Reminding you that He does intervene on any of our prayers. I know what you mean. But He is in this...like He is in everything else. He is not going to break His promise. "As I was with Moses, so I shall be with you, I will not leave nor forsake you." Joshua 1:6 That child has the Lord beside Him. The decision may not be the decision we all want, but it could be the right decision to get the child on the right track for the highest good. For His plan for him. I hope this makes sense.

Caterina~ When you do you get any results? Will you please either message or let us know how you are doing? Praying for you. I didn't have time for Dave to drop that envelope to you.

He STARTED WORK ON TUESDAY..AND LIKES IT! I will ask himt to go to the post office on Monday. Better yet, I will bring it on Monday or Wednesday, when I have 2 dr's. Regular appointments.

ThANK YOU ALL FOR PRAYING FOR DAVE TO GET A JOB! He did! Praise God!

Things are better for us. Better for him. It was hard on him. It is hard for me to deal with being alone all of the time again. It almost feels news...being stuck inside the house. I had him to drive me everywhere...time to start bothering relatives when I drive. I had my license redone, because it was coming due. But, I drove home from the local grocery store...1.5 miles...2 roads to turn on. I was a wreck when we came home, at least the car wasn't. I stopped taking all of my pills that day, because I went to my Pain Dr. and he has to see me as unmedicated as possible. We stopped to change the license...in and out in 30 minutes...
and I drove home. Night mare. I really need to practice when there are no curves, no stop signs, or people! LOL I last drove almost 12 years ago, and I drove a stick. This is an automatic, in case I was able to drive it again, because we weren't sure my shoulder would be able to use a standard.

Praying that everyone will have a beautiful and blessed weekend!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:01 PM   #2181
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Michele, my heart goes out to your friend, Jackie, and the situation but truly trusting in God's loving sovereignty to reign over this blessed child. May Jackie sense the Lord's peace in the days ahead.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #2182
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Traci, praise God for Dave's job!

Will have test on Wednesday but not sure when the doctor will give my results.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #2183
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Michele......my heart aches for her and the baby. I hope it all works out. I hope she knows that there are so many children out there that would love to call her "Mommy".
Old 10-30-2010, 10:07 AM   #2184
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Hi Everyone~

I am thinking of each of you. Thinking of you for the time when the Lord decided what you would generally look like, what you would be great at, and what you would struggle with. Thinking of when He decided who would be an influence on you through your life...if you stick to His plan. I am feeling so grateful that each of you have made it to this prayer thread. The prayers are wonderful, appreciated, and given. But, there is so much more going on behind the scenes. It seems that we have grown a community. Anyone is welcome. And, that if one of us suffers from pain, or from a challenge in life, we all seem to feel it in our days. I think that is wonderful...because it brings us back to praying for that person/people.

I am thanking the Lord, for designing you to be just who you are. I am thanking the Lord for answered prayers...and as the Countrly song goes...
Thanking Him "For un-answered prayer." Because He has the best for us. He loves us.

I am just feeling a lot of love and appreciation to be alive today. I am so glad you are all in my lives!

His,
Traci
Old 10-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #2185
Sawyer's Texas LOSTie

Hello ladies! I hope everyone is doing well, or at least resting comfortably knowing that God is in control of our crazy lives.

I have two prayer requests. First, my MIL recently had cancer removed from her breast and lymph nodes. The cancer was caught early and all of it was removed, praise God. She is now deciding whether or not to do chemo. My dh and I think she should, but it's not our decision to make. Please pray that she'll make the right choice and that we'll have the strength to deal with whatever choice she makes. She lives here in town and we'll be here to help her with whatever she needs.

Second, I've been having stomach pain for quite some time. I finally have an appt for an endoscopy on Monday morning. I have all the classic symptoms of an ulcer, and my chiro/acupuncturist/herbalist thinks I have an ulcer, also. I just want answers and a solution to stop the pain.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:22 PM   #2186
Stazon Splitcoast

Suzanne- I am praying for your MIL and you! I am asking God for wisdom and comfort.
Traci- Praise God that Dave found a job.
Caterina- As always praying for you!
Michele- praying for mother and babe. I am asking God to please bring understand and knowledge to the birth mom, too!
Jen- How is the girl that had heart surgery doing?
I am asking for prayers for myself. The regional manager is coming to my unit on Tuesday. He believes the unit needs to "pare down". I am praying that it is not me or my hours again. Not being selfish but I have been there the longest.

Joan
Old 10-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #2187
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Suzanne, may God give wisdom and direction for your MIL and keep her safe in His protective healing hands.

Can sympathize with your stomach issues having gastric problems myself. May God have the endoscopy go well and give you the answers you need to feel better.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:15 PM   #2188
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joan, trusting God will work everything out when the manager comes and keep you working with the same hours. Asking the Lord to give you favor with the manager.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:42 AM   #2189
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- Thanks- I a a worry wart but I can see the writing on the wall. Something is going to have to change. Profits are way down. I know that it is in God's hands.

Happy Halloween! Praying God keeps all the goblins and ghouls safe today!

Joan
Old 11-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #2190
Sawyer's Texas LOSTie

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your prayers! Here's an update. Endoscopy went well this morning. No signs of ulcers, just lots and lots of inflammation in my stomach (which is the cause of my pain, evidently). Took biopsies and I'll get the results in a couple of weeks. MIL has decided to do the chemo treatments, which is also a praise. Now we just need to get her to eat a healthier diet to get her through the treatments! LOL! She's skinny as a rail and doesn't have much of an appetite to begin with. I'm hoping to take her to my chiro/acupuncturist/herbalist and get some nutrition assistance. I've been on a program with her for three months and I feel better than I have in three years.

Caterina - praying for you and your gastro issues.

Joan - Praying for your work situation

I'm grateful for all y'all and your prayers! Thank you so much!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #2191
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Suzanne, grateful to hear the endoscopy went well and hope they will be able to keep you pain and discomfort down. Thankful, too that MIL will be doing treatment and trusting God to keep her going strong to get through it with little side effects.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #2192
Stazon Splitcoast

Suzanne- I will keep you all in my prayers.
Thanks for the prayers for my work. Today was awful.

Joan
Old 11-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #2193
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joan so sorry for the awful day you had. Sending you much love and hugs.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:25 AM   #2194
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Ladies,
I hope each of you are having a good day. I am just catching up on posts now.

Suzanne, praying for you and your MIL. Praying for continued healing, strength and wisdom for you and the doctors.

Traci, so sorry that you are still not feeling well, know you are loved and you are a daughter of the king. Each day have faith you are getting better and better. Because he is working miracles!

Cat, thinking of you and the upcoming test, praying for you. Knowing God is with you and trusting him.

Joan, praying for your job situation and the stress it causes. I know it's hard but think he does go before us and he will fight your battle even before you show up! I pray for favor and stress release for you. He loves you so very much and desires to give you the desires of your heart. That's what the bible says.

Jen – thinking of you hoping all is well by you and hope your tests go well! You will feel better with the exercise, I just know it.

Louise, hope all is well by you and your family.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #2195
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Suzanne- I will keep you all in my prayers.
Thanks for the prayers for my work. Today was awful.
Hugs and prayers for you.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4)

Let not your heart be troubled. You are entrusting God, now trust in Me. (John 14: 1).

will never fail you nor forsake you. (Heb. 13:5)

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wing's as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. (Psalm 23:61).

Just some spiritual love!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #2196
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks so much for the prayers. Please keep them coming. You ladies are my spiritual sisters.
VP was at work today. he watched the way people work and took notes. he stood behind me at the cash register for about 3 min. He was there about half a day. Most of his time was spent with the boss. He knows me well. when the company took over the school cafeteria. he was the person to train us in to there ways. well, I trained him into my ways too. However, he has told me before that whatever the boss wants.. will happen. So now it is wait and see.

Joan
Old 11-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #2197
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

No matter what happens, Joan, just remember God is there and nothing will surprise Him - He is already got things under control for you.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #2198
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Will be leaving tomorrow morning around 8:30 for the barium swallow tests. Thanks for thinking of me and for your prayers.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #2199
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- Asking God to be there by your side throughout the testing.

Joan
Old 11-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #2200
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

CAT PRAYERS FOR YOU ...........