Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #2081
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies- I just received some bad news. A cousin of mine, Sylvia, was diagnosed with cancer. Her mother is my Aunt Rose, who is 99 yrs old. She is so sad.

Joan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #2082
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

So sorry to hear about this Joan will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #2083
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Ladies- I just received some bad news. A cousin of mine, Sylvia, was diagnosed with cancer. Her mother is my Aunt Rose, who is 99 yrs old. She is so sad.

Oh Joan how terribly sad - my heart goes out to your cousin and your aunt.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:14 AM   #2084
Pearl-ExPert

Praying for your cousin... just remember, not all cancers are the same. My aunt was diagnosed with cancer 15 years ago. They only "thought" they god it all, but she has been cancer free ever since. Praying. Don't give up hope.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #2085
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks for the positive thoughts.
Thanks Louise for your words. I think my cousin might give up Her husband died of cancer three years ago.

Joan
Old 10-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #2086
Kookie Creator

smileyj - thinking of you and praying for your cousin...

...Thanks again for your prayers and concern! It's been a difficult week as the newly homeless. But please if you have any prayers left. I need your support one last time - I toured a little clean, quiet home that is up for rent. I am applying to be a tenant tomorrow after the holiday - we so need/want this little place! It's just what I/we've been praying for - it would be a real miracle! I hope the management company will find a soft place in their corporate hearts for us to qualify.
Thank you!!!! I will let you know the outcome. ---Anne
Old 10-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #2087
Stazon Splitcoast

anne- I am saying a prayer for your situation.

My sister went to visit my cousin. The outlook is very bleak. The bone cancer is very advanced stage 5.
Praying for everyone's needs.

Joan
Old 10-12-2010, 08:30 AM   #2088
Insane Embellisher

H Everyone~

Dave and I came home from Maryland last night. It was a wonderful visit...but went by way too fast! I walked so much there. The weather was so beautiful. It felt like an early spring day rather than thinking it was autumn.

Oh, Joan, I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. I will pray for your whole family. (Including you and your Aunt.) This is so tough, I know, Sweetie. Remember, that we have a Mighty God, and all things are possible. We can not limit His abilities, by what the "medical field" alone believes. Even if the same thing usually occurs at this stage...our Lord can do All things. Please hold that thought close to you. I am so sorry that your family is going through this trial. I am glad that you have a large family that can rally around your aunt and cousin. Are they near by?

I will pray faithfully.

Calianne- I am so sorry that you have not found something yet. Are you staying in a shelter, Sweetie? I will pray about this rental. I will pray that you will have a roof above your and a floor below you...and that our Lord will protect you and guide you. You should probably think about what you can afford. I know a cute place would be wonderful. Right now, you need something to keep you warm, dry, and still be able to buy some groceries. I'm sorry. I don't remember if you are currently working? I will certainly pray that the "corporate hearts" will be hearts where the Holy Spirit dwells, and that they will grant your plea.

Caterina~ Are you feeling better, Sweetie? PMing you in a moment.

Redwood- Thank you for your thoughts. I know that prayer is something that is always on your heart. You are such an amazing person. I believe we will be blessed with more opportunities to serve through prayer. There are many more people who read this thread, for instance, than ever "Say" a peep! But, it is touching hearts, and more and more people are coming to this thread to share their burden and ask for prayers.

It did feel miraculous that I was walking outside...without my cane! I haven't done that in over 12 years! I was in such praise mode. Now I am in praise and stamp mode! I haven't stamped anything in days! I did bring a bunch of stamped images...and colored them! LOL

I shared the Romans Road on the blog today. Calianne do you have a Bible with you? If not, can you visit a church today? I think it would be a huge benefit to you to go to my blog and write down the specific Scriptures in red... you just need the name of the Chapter and then the numbers after it...and go to a Bible...a library will have it also...and look them up in order...remember what they say...and there is a prayer at the end...if you want what we have...to know the Lord personally...and even better, He knows us! Perhaps the church will let you keep a Bible if you ask. If you do not get one, and you think you will read it...I will send you one, when you have an address. I think it would be so much easier to go through everything, knowing that you are loved by Him SO much...and that He knows you so well...He even knows how many hairs are on your head! Think about that! That is really knowing someone. He knows when you lose a hair...He keeps up with you, is what I am saying...your life will be so full...if you keep up with Him, too. Please, please, do this. You will benefit so much. He will be with you always, once you pray the prayer like the one at the end of the blog. He will not leave nor forsake you. It is amazing. Please let us know how things are progressing, with a place to lay your head, and about reading these Scriptures.

Do you have a place to stay during the day where you can use your computer? How wonderful!

I am so thankful for all of you. Thank you for praying for me when I was gone. I had 2 of the best flights I have ever been on. Our flight home was delayed by a couple of hours, due to some unexpected maintainence! I hated that...but had a calm, that I know wasn't from me. I have so many reasons to praise the Lord!

Have a blessed week!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #2089
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks- I am thanking God for everyday that I have.

Praying for everyone!

Joan
Old 10-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #2090
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
anne- I am saying a prayer for your situation.

My sister went to visit my cousin. The outlook is very bleak. The bone cancer is very advanced stage 5.
Praying for everyone's needs.

Joan so very sorry for your cousin and all the family. May the Lord truly pour forth His loving mercy.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #2091
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianne View Post
smileyj - thinking of you and praying for your cousin...

...Thanks again for your prayers and concern! It's been a difficult week as the newly homeless. But please if you have any prayers left. I need your support one last time - I toured a little clean, quiet home that is up for rent. I am applying to be a tenant tomorrow after the holiday - we so need/want this little place! It's just what I/we've been praying for - it would be a real miracle! I hope the management company will find a soft place in their corporate hearts for us to qualify.
Thank you!!!! I will let you know the outcome. ---Anne

Dearest Anne, so extremely sorry for all that you are going through right now. May the Lord make a way as only He can and grant you a miracle!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #2092
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Traci, may the Lord truly bless your blog as only He can and draw people to it.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #2093
Stazon Splitcoast

Remembering you all in my prayers tonight and each day.

I made it to bible study today. I only cried during group. I didn't go in to sing with the whole group, but I didn't cry either. Small steps.

Some women from a group home came to give their testimony today. What a special home. They are allowed to keep their children with them - many homes do not let them keep their children - in fact it was the first one on the East Coast to let the women keep their children. It was really encouraging to hear them speak. I wish I could do more for them.

More yucky lawyer and ex stuff going on....what else is new?! I look forward to a new normal, hopefully in the near future. This has got to end.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:48 PM   #2094
Gabfest Goddess

When I Need Victory Over My Enemy

Thank You, Lord, for Your hand of protection in my life. I pray that You would keep me out of the way of evil and far from violence and crime. Lift me above any situation that would threaten my safety or the safety of those I care about. Deliver me from any enemy attack or plans for my destruction. Thank You, Lord, that You are almighty and all-powerful, and nothing is too hard for You.

He delivers me from my enemies. You also lift me up above those who rise against me; You have delivered me from the violent man.

Psalm 18:48

From Stormie O
Old 10-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #2095
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Remembering you all in my prayers tonight and each day.

I made it to bible study today. I only cried during group. I didn't go in to sing with the whole group, but I didn't cry either. Small steps.

Some women from a group home came to give their testimony today. What a special home. They are allowed to keep their children with them - many homes do not let them keep their children - in fact it was the first one on the East Coast to let the women keep their children. It was really encouraging to hear them speak. I wish I could do more for them.

More yucky lawyer and ex stuff going on....what else is new?! I look forward to a new normal, hopefully in the near future. This has got to end.

Jen, so very grateful to the Lord that you are continuing with the Bible study group. Believing God is going to do great things in your precious life!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #2096
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Michele, thanks so much for your encouraging post.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #2097
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Would appreciate prayer for healing broken relationships within our family. Thanks so much.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:27 PM   #2098
Gabfest Goddess

Dear Jesus,

I lift up to you this evening every person and every prayer request. I pray for rebuilding of family relationships, praying for the type of healing that only you can bring. I thank you for each of these women and thank you for your care and love and mercy and grace that you give to each one of us, and I pray that with every human relationship that we can learn to be more like you. I pray for your Spirit to reign down in the lives of all of these women, for them to know that you are their personal savior, friend and lover of our soul. I pray for protection for each of these women, I pray that you hear their prayers and I pray they follow you and your word says that you love us and we can bring all are worries, and cares and cast them to you. What an honor and priviledge it is and I thank you for that, I thank you for the things we can't see with our human eyes, I thank you for intervening for us and going before us and thank you for everything that you provide and know that we appreciate your love and guidance during difficult times in our life. Protect each person and have them know you are there for them and that they can fully rely on you, and for anything not of you is not welcome in their lives and must leave. I thank you for all that you do for us. For each need I ask for intervention on our behalfs and thank you, thank you, thank you!
IJN, Amen

Love in Christ,
Old 10-14-2010, 12:16 PM   #2099
Stazon Splitcoast

my cousin passed away. Please say a prayer for my Aunt Rose. She is really struggling. She is 99 yrs old. She cared for her daughter by doing her cleaning and cooking for the passed few yrs. My cousin had diabetes and had problems with her legs.

Joan
Old 10-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #2100
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
my cousin passed away. Please say a prayer for my Aunt Rose. She is really struggling. She is 99 yrs old. She cared for her daughter by doing her cleaning and cooking for the passed few yrs. My cousin had diabetes and had problems with her legs.

Joan, May the Lord truly pour His love, mercy, grace, compassion and peace over your Aunt Rose. Cannot imagine how difficult it must have been for her and now how her heart must be hurting.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #2101
Pearl-ExPert

Lifting you all in prayer this evening. May God bring His grace and mercy into each of your lives. May you experience His presence and a hope that only comes from knowing Christ as your Lord. God be with you.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #2102
Compulsive Stamper

Good evening ladies. I've been very busy with life, work & studies & family this week and thus have not been checking in.

Jen I'm so glad to see that you are staying connected to others who can be a support to you. Its hard to be vulnerable and it just hurts so much. It will help though slowly but surely and it lets others know how you are.

Calianne, I'm wondering how the housing turned out? It does sound like just the kind of place you need. Keep your eyes on Jesus. I was reading about Peter this week and it was only when he took his eyes off of Jesus, that he started to sink.

Joan, my sincerest condolences on the loss of your cousin, and to your aunt as well. Pray there will be comfort for her and that she will sense God's presence.

My son got a job, very thankful to God for that, which he starts on Monday. He also sold a car that he had, today, so he has money in his pocket. Not good. He has not yet been able to make good choices when he has money. He is well aware that he needs to but ... Bad decisions this weekend may also affect the new job. This has been a regular pattern. I almost don't know how to pray anymore. I feel like I've said everything there is to say to God, over and over again. All I could do last night and today was surrender him to God. It hurts so much. I really need God's wisdom so that I will try not to do too much, or say the wrong thing, but still maintain a connection. (I have gone to a couple of Al-anon meetings. It wasn't a great fit. There may be one other in our community that I haven't tried. I haven't had time to search it out. I'm reading good al-anon material though and will also be meeting with a lady twice a month to pray. Its a new mentoring program in our church. My husband meets with some men from the church and that is his support.)

Thankful that my son & husband have broken the ice a little.
That has been good for my heart to see. Hubby is not as angry/bitter these days. Its a fine line at our house though and things seem to change quickly. The more I pray, the less I say, better goes the day. I think that should be my new mantra.

Thanks for listening and for prayers.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:39 AM   #2103
Stazon Splitcoast

Shortontime- I am thankful for the breakthrough between your DH and DS. I a praying that DS makes good decisions. I have a dh who believes money is made to spend. I have felt that money burns a whole in his pocket. One of our sons is also like that.
Anne- I am wondering about your housing situation. I pray that you have found a safe place.
Caterina- Asking God for his intervention in your family.

Joan
Old 10-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #2104
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

"Protect each person and have them know you are there for them and that they can fully rely on you, and for anything not of you is not welcome in their lives and must leave."

Michelle I read this in your post. It has got me thinking.....
Old 10-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #2105
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Oh, Dear Joan,
I am so sorry to hear of this. It was fast, wasn't it? Is it possible for other family members to share time with Aunt Rose? Joan, I do not understand why you mentioned diabetes and that she had problems with her legs?> Was that a factor in her passing? I am a diabetic.

I wish that I could be there to just hold you for a minute, and let you cry all of the sadness and frustration of this year out! Your illness, and the pain of it, your nephews being gone, and now this. I am sorry that you have had such a bumpy road.

I will continue praying for the family. Especially for Aunt Rose. Is she a believer? Does she welcome Scripture? Would you like cards sent? That's why I was wondering about Scriptures on the card. Joan, you care so much for your Aunt, it shows, maybe this is a special time when you can share things with her that you have never spoken about. Maybe you will be a blessing to her, by keeping her busy, and she a blessing to you...for keeping you focused on her and His Word.

I am here for you. Let me know if I can do anything for you. Anything. I can make calls...I get free long distance. Just give me a list, and the info for your cousin, and I can quickly make the calls. Since they don't know me, they won't keep me on the phone all day, opposed to hearing the news from a family member...and they want to talk about everything with you. This was something I learned at my MIL's funeral...2 years ago this past week.

You are loved, not only by us, but by Him and you are prayed for. Please try not to get too stressed, Sweetie. You are still recovering yourself.
Be aware of being over tired and other things...

HE IS Able,
Traci S.(
Old 10-16-2010, 09:15 AM   #2106
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Aunt Rose sounds like an amazing woman. To be 99 and caretaking a daughter. Wow. So sorry for all you are going through Joan. ((((HUGS)))
Old 10-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #2107
Insane Embellisher

Short on time- You said, "I almost don't know how to pray anymore. I feel like I've said everything there is to say to God, over and over again."

Please don't forget that when we are at a loss for words to pray...He already knows our needs. He already knows of the circumstances. It says somewhere in the Bible, I am sorry, I don't know the Scripture...That when we pray, the Holy Spirit fills in the sounds and words!

It is great that the walls are starting to crumble between DS and DH. I am very glad that you are reading Al-anon literature. I do want to tell you that going to the meetings is much more informative. It doesn't need to be embarassing...everyone there is there because someone they love is an addict...alcoholics also refer to themselves as addicts... I really encourage you to have the strength to GO to a meeting. And, if you see someone there that you know...no need for embarrassment...she is there for the same reason. Maybe it would be a good place to have a deeper friendship with the person...more than "hellos" and "how are you?" A more real relationship.

I am sorry for any typos. It seems that my eyes are not going to let me read anything else today! The entire screen looks like a puddle of water. Just blurred.

I hope you will take what I am sharing you to heart.

Jen-- I sent a very important message to you!

Caterina-- thank you for answering my message. I wrote you back yesterday. Don't rush to answer.

Michele, beautiful prayer!

I am going to try to finish up my Christmas cards this week.
And, my Chanukkah cards by the end of next week.
Envelopes addressed and decorated the next week...and I will be good on
time! I started the cards in January. 10 a month on the Christmas Card Challenge, if you didn't participate this year...I hope they have it next year...
It has made things much less stressful. And, you can make any number of cards!

I have a favor to ask. I have received 2 comments on the blog in 2 weeks+. I am not worried about the numbers...but something is happening, that people aren't leaving comments. I think that some of them are still coming and reading...but I must be doing something different from the first few months. If you have been stopping by, and you can put your finger on what is different, will you please let me know. I want to make it an inviting, but challenging blog...glorifying the Lord with each post. Keeping it personal. Encouraging? Am I coming across like it is the Traci Show? Am, I not seeming knowledgable? What is different? I don't know if anyone even took the button to put on their blogs..so people will know where to go. I have prayed about this. I will welcome even the harshest of criticism. I was wondering if everyone is already in holiday mode, and aren't looking for a nourishing blog? What do you think? Just message me if you don't mind. Anything could be helpful. I appreciate your help.

Remember,
He IS Able!
Traci S.

Again, I apologize if the typing is a mess. Please let me know what I can do to lighten your burdens. I will do my best!
Old 10-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #2108
Insane Embellisher

Oh...HedgieMama~

It is so wonderful to see you here again. I am so happy that you are in my life...whatever that may look like? How are you doing? Are you feeling joyful? Or are things kind of tough right now? Are the girls back from...was it Spain? How are you doing with that? Perhaps they will each find a fine matador...one of the most beloved titles in Espana!

I am so glad to see you here. It feels good.

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #2109
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Hi Traci and all,
Thanks! It is so uplifting to read these posts. I am on the computer all day so often in the evening I can barely read but a couple and then I am off to make some dinner, got to bed. The posts give me peace so I can relax and eat and sleep.

I am doing pretty well. Struggling with being alone as always, but most of the time too busy to notice. Tired from work, more tired than I should be. I can't get enough sleep. I joke I may have that chronic fatigue syndrome, but honestly I think I do. Today I did laundry and am heading now to rest. In another words I do nothing but what I have to , and work. Kinda gets me down. When I do get a burst of energy, which is rare, I go see my Dad, etc...

Anyway, it all pales in comparison to the bigger issues so many are dealing with. My prayers are with all of you. So many doing so much good for others.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #2110
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Prayers for all you
Old 10-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #2111
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci- My cousin passed away form bone cancer. it was very quick only 13 days. It had nothing to do with her diabetes. My Aunt is a very prayerful person. She says that is why she is so old. I have a huge family. Just hard for me to attend 2 funerals in less than a week. My Aunt L's was today and my cousin's is Thursday. I am fine because I know that will see them again. I check your blog, but don't comment. Just can't think of what to say!

As always... praying for everyone!

Joan
Old 10-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #2112
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
"Protect each person and have them know you are there for them and that they can fully rely on you, and for anything not of you is not welcome in their lives and must leave."

Michelle I read this in your post. It has got me thinking.....
Hi there,

There is power that Christ has given to us, it is through him that we have the authority to say that kind of prayer. They are powerful prayers and I have gotten a LOT of positive results from saying them. Only good and perfect gifts are from above, I usually feel when the enemy approaches and the bible says that we have to ability to make him flee, we don't have to accept his garbage. Through Jesus we can speak to those mountains in our way and it is all because of the cross.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #2113
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Traci- My cousin passed away form bone cancer. it was very quick only 13 days. It had nothing to do with her diabetes. My Aunt is a very prayerful person. She says that is why she is so old. I have a huge family. Just hard for me to attend 2 funerals in less than a week. My Aunt L's was today and my cousin's is Thursday. I am fine because I know that will see them again. I check your blog, but don't comment. Just can't think of what to say!

As always... praying for everyone!
Lifting you and your family up!
Old 10-17-2010, 04:10 PM   #2114
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Hi there,

There is power that Christ has given to us, it is through him that we have the authority to say that kind of prayer. They are powerful prayers and I have gotten a LOT of positive results from saying them. Only good and perfect gifts are from above, I usually feel when the enemy approaches and the bible says that we have to ability to make him flee, we don't have to accept his garbage. Through Jesus we can speak to those mountains in our way and it is all because of the cross.
This has given me great peace in some past decisions I have made. I have always been "too nice". But had to make a big decision....and all based on as you say, the enemy trying to get me accept garbage. I asked him to flee. Because it was wrong and not of God. Peace at last.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #2115
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
This has given me great peace in some past decisions I have made. I have always been "too nice". But had to make a big decision....and all based on as you say, the enemy trying to get me accept garbage. I asked him to flee. Because it was wrong and not of God. Peace at last.
PRAISE GOD!!!! I am so happy for you and feel so blessed to know you and to be part of this thread!!
Old 10-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #2116
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies- The sermon today was all about prayer. I felt so at home listening. He spoke of the tree types of prayer: thanksgiving , petition and repentance/reparation. As I have said before, my mom taught me at a very young age that prayer is the answer. A person can pray anywhere, anytime especially when doing mundane tasks. I believe that is what brings me through so many trials. I pray often for people in my life who are thorns in my side. I ask God to be part of their lives and to help me cope with the situation. So that I help not hurt what is from Him.

Praying for all of you1 I to feel blessed to have all of you in my life. Have a great week.

Joan
Old 10-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #2117
Gabfest Goddess

When I Need Victory over My Enemy

Lord, I thank You for all the times You have hidden me from the enemy. You are a strong tower that I can run to whenever I sense the encroachment of evil into my life. I don't have to live in fear because I can come to You in prayer and praise, and You will shelter me from any enemy onslaught. Today I ask You to keep me safe and protected from all evil so that I can be free to grow in service to You and become all You made me to be.

You have been a shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemy.

Psalm 61:3

- From “Prayers For Emotional Wholeness” - - Stormie OMartin
Old 10-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #2118
Kookie Creator

At a quick computer library - just read a few posts - Goodness gracious everyone - Praying for all of your needs! Life is so strained for everyone, I hope it settles for everyone, and soon! It's coming on Christmas shortly - hope we can all find a bit of peace by then. Wanted to thank you all for your INCREDIBLE insights and prayers! You are awesome! We are going on our third week now. Never thought I would be without home since I am the educated, working stable one in the family. Atleast its still warm weather here! Sending loving thoughts your way! -Anne
Old 10-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #2119
Gabfest Goddess

Anne, lifting you up - I am so sorry you are struggling. I pray for answers to your situation and know you are loved. Thinking of you!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #2120
Stazon Splitcoast

anne- Keep safe... praying for your situation.

Joan