Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree301Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #2001
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

gorhum - I will be praying for your daughter.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:15 PM   #2002
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you, I have Hashimotos, too, but do not have the nodules. She has just had such a hard time with her health for 3 years that this seems so unfair. She is too thin and cannot gain weight which makes it a problem with the meds which are for 140 lbs.-RA meds, I mean.

Again, thank you for praying for her.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #2003
Stazon Splitcoast

You are right - it is unfair. I hope it's just nodules......and if it's not, well, that can be dealt with. One step at a time, you know? She can/will do this and so can you. Stay strong!

(And I know it's not a joking matter, but if she needs a little weight...I have plenty to share! )
Old 09-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #2004
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorhum View Post
Thank you, I have Hashimotos, too, but do not have the nodules. She has just had such a hard time with her health for 3 years that this seems so unfair. She is too thin and cannot gain weight which makes it a problem with the meds which are for 140 lbs.-RA meds, I mean.

Again, thank you for praying for her.
Hello, welcome to the thread. So sorry to hear about your friend and your DD. Will lift each of them up this evening in prayer. Praying for you and your family. Praying for God's intervention and praying that you feel his peace and presence.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #2005
Stazon Splitcoast

Gorhum- I will pray for your dd and yourself. Know that God is there. My son has RA.
Jen- thinking about you dear friend. Remember death can bring the worst out in people. Do not take the persons ranting to heart. The are struggling.
Joanne- Hope Julie is doing better!

I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
Bill Cosby
Old 09-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #2006
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Ladies, I was so moved by all of the posts I was reading and catching up. I think of you all often.

I went to see C.S. Lewis' screwtape letters and it was very enlightening. It was quite an adventure. But the really cool thing that stayed with me was you definitely want to stay in God's light and love, peace and mercy. That is where we are protected AND pray, pray pray pray!!! It's our greatest weapon against the enemy! That and obedience and also praise!

I hope you each have a blessed evening.
Thank you for the good reminder. I'm stretched with my struggles within my family, concern for my son, as well as going to school and working full time. Today its catching up with me and I'm feeling quite weary. Reading what you wrote reminded me what I need to do and where I need to remain. Just reading it literally lightened my heart. Thank you.

I too have been learning the importance of obedience which goes along with submission, and the difference praise can make. It takes the mind off of the difficulty and at the same time lifts our spirits because we are reminded who we serve and what He has already done and is able to do.
Thank you for the shot in the arm - just what the Dr. ordered.

Psalm 18:1,2 "I love you Lord; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my saviour, my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety."
Old 09-28-2010, 04:37 AM   #2007
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning everyone. My DD is back to school today - we think it WAS allergies after all. But she was miserable Sunday/Sunday night.

I talked to my neighbor last night and her CAT scan showed NOTHING!!!! She went to a surgeon yesterday and the surgeon is not completely happy with the info from the biopsy. She took more samples and is having them retested - so a second opinion. Either way, it looks like a very good outcome. She is so much more relieved (although the money is still such a huge issue).
Old 09-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #2008
Matboard Maniac

Reading all or your updates, praying for all of you fantastic ladies and your petitions! My thought for the day - I was listening to Third Day on my ipod "Your Love Oh Lord" - I will find my strength in the shadow of your wings. LOVE that song!!! Wishing all of you some extra strength today.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #2009
Stazon Splitcoast

I am thankful for God's everlasting love. I pray often during the day for everyone's needs.

I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
Bill Cosby
Old 09-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #2010
Stazon Splitcoast

I went to Bible Study today. Boy, that was hard. I cried the whole time. I joined the group "Living without Worry and Stress" through the bible. Oh boy....not so sure I'll be successful! LOL
Old 09-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #2011
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen - if God brings you to it, he will bring you through it. HUGS and prayers being sent your way.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #2012
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
I went to Bible Study today. Boy, that was hard. I cried the whole time. I joined the group "Living without Worry and Stress" through the bible. Oh boy....not so sure I'll be successful! LOL

Jen sweetie, crying is fine - it is God's way to give you emotional release. Keep going to the Bible Study, there will be a blessing for you so just hang in there and take one step at a time. Remember how much God loves you.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #2013
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Good morning everyone. My DD is back to school today - we think it WAS allergies after all. But she was miserable Sunday/Sunday night.

I talked to my neighbor last night and her CAT scan showed NOTHING!!!! She went to a surgeon yesterday and the surgeon is not completely happy with the info from the biopsy. She took more samples and is having them retested - so a second opinion. Either way, it looks like a very good outcome. She is so much more relieved (although the money is still such a huge issue).

Grateful Joanne to the Lord that your DD went to school and your neighbor's scan was good.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #2014
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen- You have found a safe place to be. I am so happy for you!

Bill Cosby
Old 09-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #2015
Compulsive Stamper

Jen, that was brave of you to go to your study as well as being good for you because it connects you to others who care about what you are going through. Isolation is the easy way out but also the hardest road in the long run.

One item of praise, my son and hubby had coffee together today. I thank God for this. Its a step in the right direction, small though it may be.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:47 AM   #2016
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Shortontime - always rejoice in the small blessings. Recognize and celebrate them!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:22 AM   #2017
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Asking the Lord to meet your every need today and trusting in His loving compassion to surround all you.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #2018
Stazon Splitcoast

New hearing tomorrow at 9 am!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #2019
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

YAY JEN!!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #2020
Gabfest Goddess

Praying for you ladies, also know that it is so important to give Praise for the positive things they may seem small, but keep that faith and more breakthroughs will come.

When I Need to Renew My Mind = Stormie Omartian

Lord, I submit my mind to You and ask You to be Lord over it. Help me to think about You, about serving You, and spending eternity with You. Help me to think about Your ways and Your love and Your purpose for my life. Help me to get my mind off of earthly things that have no meaning and no lasting benefit and think about helping others and doing Your will. Take away all confusion and give me a clear, peaceful, and intelligent mind so that I can accomplish great things for Your kingdom.

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

Colossians 3:2

Love this song and video:
http://new.music.yahoo.com/nicole-c-...deo--205809143

Last edited by redwood17; 09-29-2010 at 05:32 PM..
Old 09-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #2021
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Michele, a much needed and awesome post - thank you so much!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #2022
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Jen sweetie, crying is fine - it is God's way to give you emotional release. Keep going to the Bible Study, there will be a blessing for you so just hang in there and take one step at a time. Remember how much God loves you.

Jen, listen to Cat great advice and so true!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:17 PM   #2023
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't know where this is from.. a friends sent it to me and I wanted to pass it on.

I ask You today, my King, to help my brothers and sisters who are in bondage to fear. You have reminded me in Your Word that "The one who fears is not made perfect in love." Free us from these fears and replace that fear with the sure knowledge of Your love and compassionate mercy. Show them that Your ways are far greater than anything they can possibly imagine, and that Your power and strength will get them through. Help them to turn these fears over to You and trust You for the results -- which will surely be freedom.

Bill Cosby
Old 09-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #2024
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joan, truly wonderful encouraging words - thank you for posting.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #2025
Compulsive Stamper

To both Michele and smileyj - awesome posts. I'm going to e-mail them both to my work address. Thank you.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:31 AM   #2026
Stazon Splitcoast

Prayers for strength at 9 am eastern, if you are able! Thank you!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:54 AM   #2027
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen- I am off work today. I have been praying and will continue to as the day progresses. Wish I could be there for you! Stay strong. {{{{{HUGS}}}}

Bill Cosby
Old 09-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #2028
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Hi Everyone~

I have been reading the posts over from the last few days. It seems that there is so much going on. I found myself wanting to avoid this thread today. I usually love being here. And, I am so grateful to hear the bits or big pieces of good news. Like DS and DH having coffee together. How wonderful.

I found out this afternoon, that my Uncle who lives 2 1/2 hours from me is nearing the end at Hospice. Such a wonderful place. However, I didn't know he was even in that type of situation. He is the man that is married to my Aunt who died last October, and I just found out about that a month and a half ago or so. Well, I feel terrible. He had a stroke 1 1/2 months ago, but he was working his way to health in rehab...all of a sudden he is dying. I hate this. I feel this way when any of my family members are ready to pass away. I feel it is different when they are Christian friends, I know where they are, and I know they are so much better off. But, when it is a Jewish Family Member, and I know they are bound in their roots of being Jewish. What am I supposed to say? You can't say, "Well, at least now he is in heaven, with no pain or any sorrow." You can't really state the truth either. It is so much more difficult on me since I became a Christian. I know that the Lord is Soverign, and maybe there is a moment when they are offered one last chance. But, it doesn't seem likely. It is so difficult. Any words to share? Any different way that I can look at this? Anything I can offer my cousins, who have lost their mother a year ago and will be losing their father any time? I would really appreciate it.

Joan and Michele~ I really liked the two prayer posts you shared.

Yesterday on the He IS Able blog, I posted about the Great Physician. It seemed like a natural progression, we have had so many prayer requests connected to health lately. The words just jumped on the screen. Yes, I have been studying this aspect of the Lord, but things just fell into place so easily, I felt like I could have written for days. This is my praise report for today. I feel so blessed by that blog. I feel that I have started some good friendships, have shared His Word with more people than I have thought. I realized today that not everyone who visits leaves a comment. I never thought of doing that myself. So, I really feel that He is blessing the blog, and it is growing in number, in number of people who read the Scriptures and that never goes void. Tonight at midnight is the end of the Blog Candy Extravaganza. I hope you have all at least left a comment. That is worth one entry for the random drawing. All of the details are on the post from September 20th. We shared about Thinking Big...we have a Big God, capable of Big Things, and how people often box Him in, with their small thinking. And, yesterday, I learned some fascinating things about our Lord, The Great Physician. Ladies the Good News that not one disease or ailment beat our Lord. He triumphed over each person that He healed...and He does the same thing today! Isn't that great?~ I think it is...It is my praise report for today. I needed to share one.

I am off to start making a few cards, so I have something to show tomorrow.
Be well. I keep track of the prayer requests, so if they have changed, please let me know. You don't have to go into details if you don't want, but I can take it off of my prayer request, and maybe you want to modify your request, have a whole different request or perhaps not have any at all!

Have a blesseed night!

BTW...Nikki----are you back from your vacation? How are you doing?

Thanks Ladies!

Remember~
He IS Able!
Traci S.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #2029
Gabfest Goddess

Lord, help me to be clear minded, focused, and sober about my walk with You. Protect my mind from scattered thoughts. Help me keep my mind from wandering to thoughts that are not glorifying to You. Make my mind to conform to Yours so that Your will is accomplished through me. I trust in You, Lord, and thank You that because of Your mercy and grace, I can become the person You want me to be. - Prayer by S. Omartian
Old 09-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #2030
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Thanks for the beautiful prayer!

Traci- I appreciate your posts and continued prayers.

Thinking of all!

Bill Cosby
Old 10-01-2010, 06:33 AM   #2031
Gabfest Goddess

Ladies, I have to say so blessed by this thread and I care so deeply for each of you! Praying you each have a good day and Jenn check in and let us know how you are doing.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:42 AM   #2032
Compulsive Stamper

Traci & Michele - thank you for your affirmative and strengthening posts. Staying close to God and in community with others who share this desire helps us to move forward.

I'm thankful for this forum and EVERYONE who is submitting their thoughts, prayer requests and items of praise and thanks. We are in a battle but we serve a risen Saviour. He is the same yesterday, today and forever and can do exceedingly above what we ask or think. Hebrews 13:7 and Ephesians 3:20.

A prayer from a book by Francis Frangipane that I'm reading,

Lord Jesus, gird me with courage for this hour. Equip me with vision and faith. Teach me how to stand and persevere in the battle, even as you protect our land from our enemies. Be with our armies and let them serve Your holy purposes. In Jesus name, Amen.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:43 AM   #2033
Compulsive Stamper

Jen, how are you doing?
Old 10-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #2034
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for all the people affected by flooding across the USA.

Bill Cosby
Old 10-02-2010, 04:24 AM   #2035
Gabfest Goddess

Posted by Victoria Osteen on September 28th, 2010

Did you know that as believers, each one of us has an internal umpire? Colossians 3:15 in the Amplified Versions says, "Let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds…"

God has given us His peace as a special gift to rule in our hearts and give us finality in every decision. Like an umpire, His peace lets us know when we're safe, and when we're out of bounds. Peace is right for all occasions. When we have peace in our hearts, we are able to discern the perfect will of God for our lives. On the other hand, in the absence of peace there is turmoil and confusion. Anytime we feel unsettled about something, if we'll go back and make a few minor adjustments, we can find the place of peace again. Peace will settle the questions in our mind and give us the rest that God promises.

The Bible says to seek peace and pursue it eagerly. In other words, it should be our highest priority in any circumstance. Remember when Jesus was on the boat in the midst of the storm? The disciples were all going crazy but Jesus was in perfect peace, asleep in the back. When they woke Him up, he simply walked out on deck and simply said, "Peace, be still." He spoke to the winds and the waves and they obeyed Him. Because He was in peace, He was able to operate from a place of confidence and authority to speak to the storms that surrounded Him.

Today, eagerly pursue peace. Let it settle the questions of your mind. Remember, if you don't have peace going into a situation, you won't have peace on the other side of it. Whether it's in a relationship, a financial situation, or an opportunity before you, never move forward without the peace of God. Let peace be your final authority because when you walk in His peace, you walk in His perfect will.

You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace… (Isaiah 55:12, NIV).
Old 10-02-2010, 07:01 AM   #2036
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I am blessed to be a part of such wonderful ladies group! The posts have been so inspirational. Thank you.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #2037
Gabfest Goddess

Hedgie we love having you!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #2038
Compulsive Stamper

Michele - once again - thank you for the wonderful post - peace - to be conscious of it in our lives. I know I could likely have escaped some tough hurdles had I been more atune to that and wanting God's will for my life.

I've gone out on a limb (to me it seems like a limb) and have joined a Woman to Woman mentoring program our church has started. Time for me is in very short supply but I had prayed about having someone to pray with so...
I'm a little afraid but don't want to miss what God wants to teach me and maybe be able to use me as well. It starts on Tuesday.

Last edited by shortontime; 10-02-2010 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 10-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #2039
Kookie Creator

This is awkward to ask, since I am ususally the one people rely on.
But right now, I feel lost to whatever life giving force is out there.
We have three days left to find and move into an affordable rental.
I have prayed and searched relentlessly, without an ounce of hope left.
If anyone has any pull with God, I would surely appreciate a mention.
Thank you, Anne
Old 10-02-2010, 07:30 PM   #2040
Stazon Splitcoast

Calianne- I am asking God for guidance. Please don't loose hope.
"In my distress I called upon Jehovah... And He heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came into his ears" 2 Samuel 22:7

I am praying for God's intervention in all of our lives. I know that He listens and answers our prayers. we need to be listening for His response. For me this is difficult, but I am asking this in Jesus name.

Bill Cosby