Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree231Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 05:38 AM   #1961
Compulsive Stamper

Praise - that a child was found safe and is back with his family.
- that God has given us His word to comfort, strengthen & teach us & that He forgives
- for a second day without rain - its been a devastating season for Sask. farmers
2 Corinthians 1:3-5 "All praise to God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ". v 9 ".. we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, who raises the dead." v 10 "... We have placed our confidence in Him and He will continue to rescue us. And you are helping us by praying for us. Then many people will give thanks because God has graciously answered so many prayers for our safety".
I entered this because it gave me strength this morning and directed my hurt and fear to God. Not only are we to rely on Him completely but we are also to be supporting each other. That is what is happening in this forum and it is a good thing.Praise God for His plan, and the tools He has allowed to bring us together and for His Son, the Holy Spirit and for giving us His word to comfort, strengthen and guide us.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-22-2010, 05:44 AM   #1962
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
It will be very hard for me to be praiseful tomorrow, so I'll post tonight. I do hope to check in in the morning.

I'd like to thank God for the opportunity to see my mom's siblings tomorrow. I don't know that they've seen my kids in a very long time - since my brother's wedding. I don't know that they've even met Drew (I was pregnant with him at my brother's wedding - only 13 weeks). I want to thank Him ahead of time for the stories I will hear tomorrow.

An old friend whom I (along with my other friends) had a falling out with over a decade ago brought me pumpkin cookies from Whole Foods (she works there) today. She's never been more than a FB friend the past year and I hadn't talked to her in a decade or more before that but isn't it funny, that in all of this, she has faithfully been messaging me to bring groceries, etc. All summer long. She has her own issues, but amazing what happens sometimes. We'll never be good friends....but really surprising to me in a good way.

I am thankful for all the support I've gotten this week.

I'm thankful for last night's wonderful time with my squealing nephew who loves my boys and me more than we ever realized! He is so cute. It was the closest he's come to crawling because he wanted to be next to my boys. How cute.

OK, and I really don't enjoy Dancing with the Stars, but my dad does so I am watching it with him and we're discussing it - good to get his mind off of things. My oldest is curled up with PopPop on the recliner.
Jen,
Words of comfort on a day lilke today are hard to provide. On the day of my mom's funeral the most comforting thing that was said to me was by a friend who was identifying with my pain. She said to me that this must be the worst day of my life. I know it may seem bizarre but it was comforting because she didn't try to gloss over but just acknowledged what she knew was a very, very hard day. My mom was an incredible person in so many ways. Losing her was devastating. Those words though from my friend allowed me to grieve and just be with no explanations.
I don't know you Jen but I identify with your loss even though each of us feels our pain in our way and to differerent degrees. Know that thoughts and prayers are with you.
From the heart,
Carol
Old 09-22-2010, 07:32 AM   #1963
Gabfest Goddess

I recently had a situation that I was confused about. I drove to work, sat in my car and prayed before I went in - then I prayed in the Spirit and then said let me see what i need to today. I was thinking for someone else and it ended up God showed me something for me. I have had struggles at work with boss changes and some personality issues and the struggles I have at home too. So I found out that someone had spoken badly about me and was saying nasty things that were not even true. A Christian co-worker who could have gotten in trouble for speaking with me told me she was convicted on the car ride in to tell me. I thought I wasn't going to get the promotion and thought it was going to be all a hassle. Well to find out, I got the promotion and funny thing was, the reason I found out later in my heart I was told the information - God told me "I fought the battle before you even knew about it" The bible says I go before you. After all the thoughts and yuck that went through my head I was so humbled. Reinforcement that God has my back (in my own words).

I am so glad for the opportunity to come before our Lord and Savior and be able to tell him everything and he listens. He sits on the right hand of God and intervenes on our behalf - how incredibly awesome is that. I am so blessed by this thread and am so thankful for it and all the requests that come through and the answers to prayer.

I got this from Stormie OMartin's site:

Lord, I praise You and worship You above all things. You are Lord over my life, and I invite You to be Lord over my thoughts as well. I don't want to have any ungodly, foolish, or futile thoughts in my mind at any time. I don't want my thoughts to control my life unless they are thoughts of You and Your Word. Help me to make praise and worship an ongoing part of my life so that wrong thoughts never find a place to reside in my mind.

Although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Romans 1:21
Old 09-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #1964
Insane Embellisher

Smile Thank you...

Dear J--
Thank you for what you said here. I am always being told that I talk in circles and can never get to the point. Thank you so much for saying this. It feels very good to hear it.

He IS Able!
Traci S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Veronica- praying for the people displaced by the fire.
Traci- you are not pushy you just know how to get to the crux of an issue.
Joanne- as always praying for Marie and of course you!
Michele- I am so happy my boys are grown.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #1965
Insane Embellisher

Default Wonderful sharing...

I am so thankful that you have been offering praise today. I really wanted to hear some good news, and some answered prayer. I thank you for your efforts today. You are all a blessing to me...in big ways. You are not only my Sisters-in-Christ, but I feel as if you are my sisters.

Jen~Honey, I am so glad that you are checking in here. It really helps me and my anxiety for you. (I know, that is co-dependent.) I am so glad that you can find some blessings, even though you are in a very difficult time. I am proud of you, for staying focused on Him. It also seems as if you have an opportunity to renew a lost friendship. That is surely a blessing. 2nd chances are wonderful. We love you! I love you!

Michele, thank you for sharing what you did. I didn't realize what was going on at work. I love hearing your thoughts...and that prayer that you offered is wonderful. I may want to include that on a blog post. It really touched me. And, you used a phrase, that I used in my post. I had asked people for help figuring out what it meant...and here you used it again. I understand it now. A friend told me, and now you have given me a beautiful example of it being used...right here in common day. It was about the Lord going right before you. Thank you for your sharing.

short on time- thank you for sharing such wonderful Scriptures. They are all full of promise and hope. How perfect! Of course, they are perfect. They are His Words! Thank you for just jumping in here at the prayer thread. You have been a real blessing...praying for our needs, and sharing so much of yourself, and His Word. Just a true blessing!

VJW--Do you know if they are accepting things for the people who have lost their homes? Is there a mailing address to ship clothing, and things like that?
I hope that you are feeling so blessed. I am feeling grateful that your home wasn't taken in the brutal fire. No one was hurt, right?

I would like to share my Praise Report...well some of it. I went to the doc yesterday...and I asked for what I wanted. I told him, what med I thought would help with my pain...and he said it was a good idea, gave me the new Rx's...and I am hardly feeling any pain in my back. And, the new arthritis medicine is working wonderfully in my hands, and knees. It does make me very drowsy...and it blurs vision. (THAT is NOT part of the praise report.)
Old 09-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #1966
Insane Embellisher

Smile OOPS! Hit send, by accident.

I am so thankful for the wonderful friends I have made here. I feel that you are all truly friends.

The Lord is blessing and blessing the blog I write. I have received in the last week...30 new cards for the card give-away on the blog. I haven't even asked for them! We have so many wonderful and encouraging cards, I had to use another shoe box to keep them in...and I am on another sheet where I check off each card we receive, I am keeping a running total. It is so amazing! He provides---that has been in my mind over and over this week. And, Dave is at an interview right now. Not really a job he would enjoy...but they want to have the second interview tomorrow...so I think he has it. It is provision, whether it is our dream job or not. And, he can still reach for his dream, but we will have a tiny income...different every week. We find out in a week or so, is what Dave just told me.

This has been a week of gratitude for me. I thank you for hearing some of your Praise Items. God bless you all.

I hope that everyone is starting to feel good physically and emotionally. I pray that He will heal us!

Remember~
He IS Able!
Traci S.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #1967
Gabfest Goddess

Traci, I just had to say I was so touched by your post and it's awesome how God works, to send confirmation about how he goes before us. So very cool! Thanks for sharing.

I am lifiting up each of you wonderful women!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #1968
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so very thankful for all the people on SCS who have supported me. I know that God guided me to this site. SO I could meet everyone who believes as I do in God's love and forgiveness.
Last night two of my sisters took me out for my birthday. My present was a hugs jar of stuffed olives. They know how much I love them,

Jen- Thinking about you today. I remember how very difficult my mom's funeral was on him. Take care my friend.

Joan
Old 09-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #1969
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies - I'm a little late checking in today.

My praise is that my neighbor got such a good report yesterday! She sounded so much happier and uplifted. I am very grateful for all the prayers for her.

I'm also very thankful for a wonderful husband. God certainly blessed me with a wonderful, caring, compassionate spouse. I could not have asked for anyone better. He has his faults (as we all do) but I love and appreciate him so much.

As Joan said, I'm blessed to have so many friends on SCS. I haven't met but one in real life, but I feel as if many of you know me better than friends who are around me every day. I value our friendships.

Now, when I got up this morning, things did not look so great. Hubby found out that someone had stolen the MP3 player out of his car. He ALWAYS locks the car, but got something out at midnight last night and didn't lock it again. I'm sure he is kicking himself. I'm almost certain it was a kid, too, because the GPS was still there! It's sad and disheartening.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #1970
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Extremely grateful to the Father for the gift of His Son and His Holy Spirit. So very grateful to the Lord for His love, mercy, forgiveness and grace that He generously pours forth day and day. Grateful for His sovereignty over all the events, big, small and in between and for the assurances of His promises.

Am so very thankful to the Lord for my sweet compassionate caring loving husband who is always there for me no matter the circumstances - especially for his kindness and concern when feeling ill. Grateful for my daughter, step-daughter, step-son, granddaughter and three grandsons and the good health God has given them and for His protection over them.

Thanking the Lord for all the blessings of living in a free country and able to worship Him freely. Thankful for the servicemen and women who continue to keep our freedom.

Grateful to the Lord for the privilege of being a part of Cole's Foundation and for the ability to minister to so many sweet brave little heroes and their families.

Grateful for each and every one of you and blessing all of you are.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #1971
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, it's done. Heading to bed in 10 min with the kids. I am absolutely exhausted. I didn't sleep last night - sure hope I sleep tonight. No nap today either. I cannot believe that I buried my mom today.

And while I have some things I'd like to share with you, you will not believe this one:

On the day I buried my mother, I got a phone call from the ex screaming at me. I can't write here what I want to call him. Takes a lot of class to do that. Shows exactly what kind of creature he is.

After this absolutely horrendous summer when does he get his? He worships the devil and while I am not always the most religious person in the world, God and Jesus are on my mind throughout each and every day. I am not asking for a lot....just some peace.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #1972
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Well, it's done. Heading to bed in 10 min with the kids. I am absolutely exhausted. I didn't sleep last night - sure hope I sleep tonight. No nap today either. I cannot believe that I buried my mom today.

And while I have some things I'd like to share with you, you will not believe this one:

On the day I buried my mother, I got a phone call from the ex screaming at me. I can't write here what I want to call him. Takes a lot of class to do that. Shows exactly what kind of creature he is.

After this absolutely horrendous summer when does he get his? He worships the devil and while I am not always the most religious person in the world, God and Jesus are on my mind throughout each and every day. I am not asking for a lot....just some peace.
Oh Jen. He is suffering. He had no right to scream at you today or any other day. But, trust he is suffering. And when your life calms.....his will not. He knows that already. I pray for you a restful night, nestled in God's hand. Trust that you are on the right path and are a wonderful Mother. For now, rest.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:47 PM   #1973
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen- I am so sorry. Today was a hard day for you. Unkind people try and bring you down. Please take care of yourself and the boys. Your ex is a troubled man. I will pray for all of you and especially him.

Joan
Old 09-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #1974
Compulsive Stamper

Jen,
Oh my. That on top of an already very, very difficult day. Take refuge in the knowlege that God loves you and will protect you. Embrace, and be embraced by, the love of your children. Their hugs are so precious and help to ease the pain.

Psalm 61:1-4 "Oh God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer! From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, for you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me. Let me live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings."
Old 09-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #1975
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortontime View Post
Jen,
Oh my. That on top of an already very, very difficult day. Take refuge in the knowlege that God loves you and will protect you. Embrace, and be embraced by, the love of your children. Their hugs are so precious and help to ease the pain.

Psalm 61:1-4 "Oh God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer! From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, for you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me. Let me live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings."
Jen, I am so sorry for what your going through - I agree with the other ladies and really liked this verse! Psalm 61: 1 - 4

Many hugs!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #1976
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Jen,
I havent been here in a little bit so I am late, but I am so deeply sorry for your incredible loss; while I have not lost my mother yet, but I buried my grandmother three years ago and I was at least as close to her as I am my mother if not more so. I say this because it means I can somewhat empathize with what you must be going through, and my prayers are going out to support you. I know you are feeling a lot of things, including the stress of knowing fully that you are the matriarch of your family now. Know taht you, with the strength of our Lord behind you, are ready for that path.
As far as your ex and his lovely behavior, I was once told by someone that the devil will come at a strong Christian with all he has when they are at their weakest and I imagine the day of your mother's funeral would be seen as a prime opportunity for that. Stay strong in your faith, wearing the breastplate of righteousness. When I am really up against it, I like to literally close my eyes and picture myself sleeping/resting peacefully in the palm of God's hand, taking some deep breaths to refresh myself physically too.
Hang in there,
Kelly
Old 09-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #1977
Stazon Splitcoast

"When I am really up against it, I like to literally close my eyes and picture myself sleeping/resting peacefully in the palm of God's hand, taking some deep breaths to refresh myself physically too."

Kelly- when I read this I got goose bumps. Thanks for the image! I will try this when I need comfort!

Joan
Old 09-24-2010, 03:43 PM   #1978
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought to share this....

Remember, the Big Day at Chili's is Monday, September 27th! ALL Profits for the day will be donated to St. Jude for childhood cancer research, and many servers will be donating their tips as well, so please get to the nearest Chili's sometime on the 27th if at all possible!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #1979
Compulsive Stamper

My little family of 3 has had another rift, just when I thought it was beginning to mend. My husband and son had actually been speaking to each other and I had had a particularly good connection with my son one evening. But on Tuesday they had another blow up (I wasn't home so I don't know exactly what precipitated it). Terrible things were said. I haven't heard from my son so don't know how he is. Every sign of hope or victory seems to be followed by something bad, over and over again. I believe these are spiritual attacks. It came to my mind today that our lives need to be about more than just survival. Maybe its a word from God to give me hope that this will be the case one day.
I've been encouraged by the words of faith and hope in this forum. I'm trying to be as honest and direct as I can when I pray, claiming God's promises on behalf of my son and our family. I think prayer must be one of the most important things we do. In God's presence, I am finding the strength and the hope to carry on.
Lamentations 3:21-23 "Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this; the faithful love of the Lord never ends. His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning".
Old 09-25-2010, 04:51 AM   #1980
Gabfest Goddess

Shortontime, I understand the struggles. I so understood when you say you don't know what triggered it, I have that with my DH and DD. For now, things have been OK, I pray over our house and their lives and ask for protection for them. Ask for the Spirit of Peace to take over and state the enemy is not welcome nor does he have control over me and my family. He has to step back when told. I am so sorry that you are experiencing this, I love your bible verse God is faithful, God is loving - and praying for the peace that passes understanding to renew you and your family.

Sending hugs and prayer
Old 09-25-2010, 05:52 AM   #1981
Stazon Splitcoast

Shortontime- I am praying. I totally get the, "I do not know what triggered it." Sometimes it seems like the reason is so insignificant. But to your son and DH, it was HUGE. I'll ask God to be ever present in your home.

Joan
Old 09-25-2010, 08:09 AM   #1982
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks so much ladies for your prayers and caring. It helps to know there is company in the battle.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #1983
Insane Embellisher

Dear Jen~

I agree with the other ladies here. This is a draining time. The enemy is near, and wants to pounce. Call out, in the name of Jesus, that you, your father, your children and your homes are covered in Victory...covered in the blood of your Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Call it out in His Name! He will need to leave.

And then, rest. Perhaps one of the verses you have received will bring you extra comfort. Memorize it. Store it in your heart, so that when you need God's Comfort you have it right here in your heart. And, use His Word, to comfort you.

I believe that you can be a strong woman. Now, be the tired child...rest...

Praying for your Dad and the boys also. Everyone is covered in prayers.

I need to make another card for you. I made a mistake addressing it...and it went out in the mail. I will send it to your home...in the proper state.

We love you. You are special. You are not alone. He will not leave nor forsake you.

And, with that, I must run, we have a fundraiser to go to tonight...and we leave in 15 minutes...I am in shorts an Tshirt. Yikes!

Remember All...
He IS Able!
Traci S.

Praying for everyone's needs constantly and with thanksgiving in my heat. Thank you for the praise reports yesterday.

Have a blessed weekend and Sabbath!
Old 09-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #1984
Pearl-ExPert

So many needs - but we serve a big God. He is able to handle anything. Nothing is too big for Him. My prayers go up to the throne asking God to wrap His arms around you all and allow you to feel Him presence.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:12 AM   #1985
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

There are so many needs for prayer I pray that God will send healing hands to all. Prayers for all who are just struggling with stress, depression, hurt, etc. God is in control and we know it. Give it over to him.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:41 AM   #1986
Compulsive Stamper

Thankful for a sunny Sunday. Brightens the spirit and is good for our farmers who have had a very hard season.
My son has slipped badly. I hope to see him today. Praying he will desire what is good and be sick of the bad and that he could believe there is hope. His conflict with his dad has been a constant. I wish my husband could feel compassion rather than counterproductive emotions/reactions. I have to believe however that God is bigger than all of this and can still work out His plan. Praying that I can be obedient & wise in regards to both parties in my family.
2 Corinthians 1:12, 21 "We have depended on God's grace, not on our own human wisdom...." "It is God who enables us, along with you, to stand firm for Christ."
It just dawned on me that this forum is just like what Paul is writing about. It does make a difference. Thank you to all.
I've changed my avatar for the moment to reflect what I'm clinging to - faith & hope - which candles seem to signify.
May this be a blessed Sunday to each of you who checks in today.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #1987
Compulsive Stamper

Jen,
Wondering how you are doing and wanted to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Philippians 4:7 "..His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus". My prayer for you.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:55 AM   #1988
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm doing OK. I think the next couple of weeks are going to be hard. We're packing to go back to NH and will drive home all day. Going to stop at the cemetary before that. Leaving right after lunch.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:21 AM   #1989
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
I'm doing OK. I think the next couple of weeks are going to be hard. We're packing to go back to NH and will drive home all day. Going to stop at the cemetary before that. Leaving right after lunch.
Safe travels Jen.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #1990
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
There are so many needs for prayer I pray that God will send healing hands to all. Prayers for all who are just struggling with stress, depression, hurt, etc. God is in control and we know it. Give it over to him.

Great words of encouragement, thanks!
Old 09-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #1991
Stazon Splitcoast

Shortontime- I feel for you! I too light scented candles when I am feeling down. It seems to soothe me. God is there for you at all times.
Jen- Please take care of yourself. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
All of you are so caring and faithful to our creator. It is always with a thankful heart that I read and pray for all our requests.

Joan
Old 09-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #1992
Stazon Splitcoast

I wanted to let you all know that we are home safely. The ride went well. We stopped at the cemetary before we left. It was heart-wrenching to leave.

I am so sad and so stressed. I have a ton of lawyer homework tomorrow and then have to shoot over there. As if I don't feel like just laying in bed instead......
Old 09-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #1993
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci S. View Post
I am so thankful for the wonderful friends I have made here. I feel that you are all truly friends.

The Lord is blessing and blessing the blog I write. I have received in the last week...30 new cards for the card give-away on the blog. I haven't even asked for them! We have so many wonderful and encouraging cards, I had to use another shoe box to keep them in...and I am on another sheet where I check off each card we receive, I am keeping a running total. It is so amazing! He provides---that has been in my mind over and over this week. And, Dave is at an interview right now. Not really a job he would enjoy...but they want to have the second interview tomorrow...so I think he has it. It is provision, whether it is our dream job or not. And, he can still reach for his dream, but we will have a tiny income...different every week. We find out in a week or so, is what Dave just told me.

This has been a week of gratitude for me. I thank you for hearing some of your Praise Items. God bless you all.

I hope that everyone is starting to feel good physically and emotionally. I pray that He will heal us!

Remember~
He IS Able!
Traci S.
Traci, I was wondering what happened with the job interview you mentioned in the post. Was he successful in getting it?
Old 09-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #1994
Matboard Maniac

so, I am here to ask you to pray for something that is really quite amusing. we stopped at find your best friend at the zoo (the big animal adoption event). we have always rescued dogs, and even though we arent' looking right now, it's like our families hobby to take in the saddest case in the book. well, we had one cat a while back, but we really aren't cat people (we always have dogs with shaky backgrounds). well, my son saw this 6 week old litter of black kittens with gray eyes, touched it's little paw, stood up - and burst out sobbing! now he clung to me, oblivious to this tent full of people, unable to stop. (ds is very self=concious, so this is soooo out of character for him). tells me "Mom - I have to give that kitten a home". well, of course I explained to him that it has to be the best thing for the cat, not us; we don't know if our dog would be friendly to a cat; his Dad would likely never say yes and it has to be a full family decision; etc etc.
So, I have made dh pot roast with a red wine leek gravy, homemade baked mac & cheese with buttered breadcumb crust, steamed broccoli, a yellow cake with homemade chocolate buttercream frosting to await his arrival home from work.
Pray that the kitty ends up in the right place please (regardless of where that is)
Kelly
Old 09-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #1995
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
I wanted to let you all know that we are home safely. The ride went well. We stopped at the cemetary before we left. It was heart-wrenching to leave.

I am so sad and so stressed. I have a ton of lawyer homework tomorrow and then have to shoot over there. As if I don't feel like just laying in bed instead......
Jen, glad to hear you made it home safely.

I hope you can find moments to yourself to recharge and to rest. Grief and all that goes with it drains the body, mind and spirit.

We had to go through all my mom's stuff even before her funeral and I remember just feeling numb. Because I didn't have a support system, I internalized my pain. It took so much longer for me to heal. I hope you have people there for you to sit and listen and give much needed hugs. I'm sending you one from a long ways away.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #1996
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirlRD View Post
so, I am here to ask you to pray for something that is really quite amusing. we stopped at find your best friend at the zoo (the big animal adoption event). we have always rescued dogs, and even though we arent' looking right now, it's like our families hobby to take in the saddest case in the book. well, we had one cat a while back, but we really aren't cat people (we always have dogs with shaky backgrounds). well, my son saw this 6 week old litter of black kittens with gray eyes, touched it's little paw, stood up - and burst out sobbing! now he clung to me, oblivious to this tent full of people, unable to stop. (ds is very self=concious, so this is soooo out of character for him). tells me "Mom - I have to give that kitten a home". well, of course I explained to him that it has to be the best thing for the cat, not us; we don't know if our dog would be friendly to a cat; his Dad would likely never say yes and it has to be a full family decision; etc etc.
So, I have made dh pot roast with a red wine leek gravy, homemade baked mac & cheese with buttered breadcumb crust, steamed broccoli, a yellow cake with homemade chocolate buttercream frosting to await his arrival home from work.
Pray that the kitty ends up in the right place please (regardless of where that is)
Kelly
What a wonderful post. How do you say no to that?

I love what you've done to "prepare", before the question is asked. Too cool. Sounds delicious too. Definitely want to hear how it turns out.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #1997
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Shortontime - I, too, can understand the "what triggered it". There are times when I am truly baffled about what set off my DD. Unfortunately, she and I are the ones that clash the most. I still have to learn how to back down. I've gotten better, but it is still there. As my mom said, daughter knows how to push my buttons - and I let her. Even though I don't want that to be the outcome.

It is a rainy Monday here, but I'm not complaining because we need the rain.

Jen - I'm glad you had a safe trip home. You will continue to be in my prayers.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #1998
Gabfest Goddess

Ladies, I was so moved by all of the posts I was reading and catching up. I think of you all often.

I went to see C.S. Lewis' screwtape letters and it was very enlightening. It was quite an adventure. But the really cool thing that stayed with me was you definitely want to stay in God's light and love, peace and mercy. That is where we are protected AND pray, pray pray pray!!! It's our greatest weapon against the enemy! That and obedience and also praise!

I hope you each have a blessed evening.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #1999
Inking Addict

Default Need prayers for daughter

Ladies, I have been reading your prayers and conversations for several months. My friend that I asked for prayers because her husband filed for divorce is doing well. Still dealing with his weird responses and behavior.

My 19 year old DD has RA and has been diagnosed with three places/growths in her thyroid. She was on a waiting list for the needle biopsies and today they called around 8 a.m so she went by herself and had them done. She went on to her college classes and has a great attitude. I just need prayers that they are non-cancerous.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #2000
Stazon Splitcoast

I will pray that they are not!!! And they probably aren't. RA is auto-immune and so is Hashimoto's Thyroiditis....which can mean thyroid nodules.....I have some too. While it's hard to lose weight with a funky thyroid, I sure hope that's what it is! Even if it is cancer - it is so easily treated nowadays.....I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.