Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #1921
Stazon Splitcoast

I have it in my bedroom door way. It reminds me of my dad. Whenever, I feel down I read it!

Joan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:26 PM   #1922
Stazon Splitcoast

My mom has passed away...
Old 09-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #1923
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Jen so very sorry to hear this. I guess we must say that she isnt suffering any more. I will be praying for you and your family especially your dad. Hang in there hun. HUGS..............
Old 09-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #1924
Pearl-ExPert

So sorry to hear about your mom's passing. Praying for you and the rest of your family. May God provide peace, hope and healing for you all.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #1925
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry to hear about your Mom. But now you know she is not suffering any more....I lost my mom a few months back, and I know it's hard. My prayers are with you.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #1926
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen- I am sorry to hear about your mom's passing. She is with God. I will pray for you, the boys and your dad.

Joan
Old 09-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #1927
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Jenn, so sorry for your loss, if you need anything let me know
Old 09-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #1928
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen - please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Of course, I'll be praying for your boys and your dad as well. Stay strong, but rely on others as you can. You need to keep up your strength and health as well. BIG HUGS. I wish I were closer and could offer some physical help.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:26 AM   #1929
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Dearest Jen, truly sending you loving sympathy and asking the Lord to pour His loving comfort and calming peace over you and your entire family. So wish I could be there with you but please know my heart is with you.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #1930
Insane Embellisher

Default Dearest Jen~

Dear Jen~

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through. Please remember that she is with the Lord, and she feels no sorrow or pain anymore. She is with Jesus. She is loving Him in a way that we never can here on earth.

If you would please send me your address, and your Dad's, I will send it to the regulars here, and those that want can send cards. I would be happy to do that, and anything else that I can do to help you, Sweetie. You know how important you are to us.

Now, is the time to keep your strength up. Stay healthy. The boys will be leaning on you...your Dad will be fine through this...make sure his doctors know. So THEY can monitor his health.

Jen, please, feel free to call me any time. I would love to pray with you.

I will be praying for you and your sons, and Dad, and finances.

Dear Lord Jesus, please give Jen a special understanding, a glimpse of Heaven perhaps, so that she can understand that her mother is in Your reach...in Your Love, and Peace and no pain.

Lord Jesus, I pray that you would please let Jen and her dear boys and Dad feel you near them. Let them feel your love, and comforting arms around them. Lord, please help them feel your peace...the peace that only you can give. I pray that financial problems will be taken care of...for you can provide anything...and you do, thank you Lord for all that you do for us, and for all of the love and guidance you give us. Please help Jen, our very independent Jen, accept help when offers, if for no other reason than she does not need to cook that day, because someone made dinner for them. I pray that you have given her the words she will need to tell the boys. And that they all will freely express themselves, and not keep things on the inside to fester. I love you, Lord Jesus, I thank you for being with us all of the time, for you will "not Leave nor forsake us"...and I thank you for that especially now. I love you Lord, and I pray this in your name, the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Jen, please, keep us posted Sweetie. Talk. Call me if you'd like. Please send your address and Dad's to me....i will send it quietly in messages. Don't post it here, Sweetie.

We love you...He loves you so much more!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:51 PM   #1931
Insane Embellisher

J and redwood~Thank you for posting that song, and that powerful poem. I love it! It seems you could not have posted it at a better time.

I wanted to offer prayers for the rest of you, too. I had to leave the thread for a bit, and just be with Him. I am really feeling for Jen. I am so glad we have this thread to share and to try to do whatever we can to carry each other's burdens.

Short on time~ I really could tell just how exasperated you are with everything that is going on. I would like to share a bit with you. I am a recovered alcoholic. I just celebrated my 15 years clean and sober last month. Praise the Lord! When someone is in their addiction...whatever it may be...they don't see things like people who are not addicts do. It is similar to how I saw things before God unsealed my eyes...and how I see them SO differently now.
Are you aware of 12 step meetings for the family members who are suffering because of the addict's behavior? Al-anon. They are listed in the phone books in almost every city, anywhere...They have meetings in the middle of the night, during the day, dawn meetings, you name it. They exist, not to have you change the addict...because you can't. They have to want it and work at it for themselves. These meetings are for you to learn to cope around them. To take care of yourselves. To listen to people with experience...not counselors...other members...everyone is equal...meetings are free...they do pass a basket for those that can...because they have to rent space and pay for coffee and such... but $1 or 2 is great...but not needed...you will pick up nuggets of wisdom. I KNOW how much it can help. And if you try a meeting twice, and you don't hear any wisdom, just some whining...go to a different meeting. Don't ask your son to go with you. It isn't for him...it is for his family and friends.

It also has absolutely nothing to do with how you raised him. It may not even have anything to do with you. Please continue to pray for him. As I will pray for him, and for you, too! Remember, that he will have to reach bottom, before he will look up, and he needs to ask for help, or it won't work...this is all in the Alcoholic's Big Book. It is interesting, and shares a lot about what goes on in the Alcoholic's mind. I know there are all different types of Alcoholics...for all different types of reasons....I know that they don't like to be pushed...we rebel. Keep on praying...because He keeps on listening!

I read that times are a struggle for you right now. I am so sorry for all that you are going through. I had a time last week, when I didn't feel as close to the Lord as usual. My friends prayed for me...and it worked. Sometimes, you may have to rely on the faith of a few good friends. I noticed that you said something to the effect that 'He keeps asking you to trust Him.' Well, don't make Him, the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, the Comforter, ask again. Do all that you can to trust Him. Do you see the difference between trying to do something....and actually doing it? Act as if. That is a big AA slogan. Act as if you trust the Lord for everything...talk to Him and let Him in on the plan...even though He would already know...it just seems more honest. And, see what happens. I started a blog this summer, and it gives away cards made from people that donated them. At first, none were coming in...I prayed, because I couldn't count on myself physically to hav a car or more ready each week. I asked the Lord about it. I received 53 cards the first week...130 cards since June 30th. The Lord does provide for our needs...just ask Him, and Let Him. He provided all of these wonderful people, who are all busy to make these cards, and He gave them all such generous hearts, that they sent them in one by one, and some by 10, and some by more than 15...He amazed me. He taught me a lesson...that I can rely on Him. He is trustworthy. He is ALL GOOD. And, when you don't feel like praying....that is the perfect time to call a friend and ask them to pray with you...or pray alone...it doesn't have to be all big words and long...just talk with Him...praise Him for what good you do have in your life...praise Him for who He is...and it will get much easier. I hope you find something helpful in all of this. I do not mean to anger you in any way. I know your pain is as real as your sons. I wrote this from a place of love. I hope that is how you hear it.

Faith Caitlin~ I am so sorry to hear about your friend's sorrow. At least she has you as a best friend, and you are doing everything you can for her by praying for her circumstances and asking others to petition Him on her behalf.
She is so fortunate to have such a good friend like you. I am hoping that she also knows the Lord. I will be praying for both of you. You are a sweetheart.

Jor~ I am so sorry to hear about your DD's social anxiety. I understand it--from my own experience. I see a psychiatrist monthly for that and my depression. It is a real challenge for me to go outside, because I am worried about danger. If I hear a helicopter fly over...I get so worried, I used to call my son in from play, because I was always afraid they were looking for someone dangerous. I live between the NEWS and a major highway...they fly over us to check traffic several times a day. Why did i stop calling Joshua inside? He grew up. Now, I am on some medication to help. I am doing much better. I will pray for the Lord to heal your daughter from this illness. For that is what it is. And, it shows up differently in different people. I will also pray for you to be able to deal with it, until He sees fit to heal her. There must be a reason that He hasn't yet. That's how I see my disabilities. (I'm not implying she is disabled.) I am. I find some acceptance and peace knowing that I have been able to help people who have been through some of my same problems. It gives me a purpose for being like this.

I will also pray for your dear neighbor. For her to be healed. He IS Able to do anything! With just one word! I pray that He will give her the words to tell her children. As, I will pray that all financial worries will be taken care of one way or another. I will pray that she knows the Lord, and that her children do, and if they don't already, I hope that you have the confidence in Him to share about Him with them. If not, I will pray for you to have the confidence to speak openly...and for her to receive what you say as a gift...for that is what it is! A Gift from the Lord for Salvation...eternal life. A personal relationship with the King of all Kings! To be a Child of God! We are so blessed to have a Lord that will listen to our prayers, and who cares so much about each of us, that He has a plan for us before we are even created.

Last edited by Traci S.; 09-19-2010 at 12:55 PM..
Old 09-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #1932
Insane Embellisher

So sorry, I must have hit "submit" without realizing it. I just wanted to let the others know that I am praying for their requests still. If there are any changes in the requests please let me know.

I am so glad that we all have found this thread. I have made some wonderful friends here. I pray that each of you will also. I apologize for any typos...I have a hard time seeing the screen or keys.

Be blessed!

Remember~
He IS Able!
Traci S.

p.s. God is Good!
Old 09-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #1933
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci - thank you for the kind words and prayers in your post. My daughter is not willing to see a thearpist or take any meds so we are especially stressed here. She is 19 so as adult we can't "force" the issue either. I do understand (I have bouts of anxiety as well) but get frustrated that she won't do anything to help herself.

Thank you so much for the prayers for my neighbor. I really hope her exhusband steps up and helps with the kids more. AND doesn't cause problems either.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #1934
Stazon Splitcoast

Prayers being said for everyone's needs!

Joan
Old 09-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #1935
Gallery Gazer

Hello everyone!

I got to teach the preschool class at church today. That God made us and love's us.

and our verse to memorize was, Colossians 4:2 Pray alway's and give thanks.

We have a wild fire here today. It started at Camp Williams army base when they where doing some armery training and has now spread into Herriman utah! Please pray that the winds will die and the fire will too, and they can get it under controll.. It is just 8 miles from where we live, and we have many friends who live in Herriman.
A little news report ↓↓↓
HERRIMAN (LALATE) – The Herriman Fire located in Arnold Hollow in Rose Canyon, near Camp Williams, is prompting evacuations Sunday. The Herriman Fire aka the Camp Williams Fire has prompted evacuations of homes in The Cove at Herriman Springs subdivision and in The High Country Estates II subdivision. Fire officials tell news Sunday night that 232 homes in the Cove have been issued mandatory evacuations along with all 500 homes in The High Country Estates. Evacuations now also include areas south of Emmeline Drive, Butterfield Parkway and Blackridge Reservoir.

Prayers are going out to all who are homeless tonight...

Have read through the post's and lifting all up in prayer as well!

It does comfort me to know that God is in Controll.

Last edited by vjwhitehead; 09-19-2010 at 07:46 PM..
Old 09-20-2010, 02:08 AM   #1936
Insane Embellisher

Dear Jen-- Thought of you during the night. I hope you found some sleep. Praying for all of you, Sweetie.

Dear VJW- I am so sorry to hear about the disaster out there. You are so faithful to remember in this time of fear that He IS in control. I will pray for the people who have had to leave their homes, and that you and yours will be safe, and will not need to leave home. But, please, take this time that you have, and get prepared...get your precious things photos, and such, and important papers in Ziplocks or firesafe boxes...and get them right near the door or in the car. i love the Verse you quoted in the beginning of your passage. I know it is sometimes difficult to pray with Thanksgiving in your heart...perhaps instead of watching the NEWS all day...or mute it for a few minutes, it would help to make a list of things for which you are grateful. I know that helps me see things in perspective sometimes. My prayers will be with you and yours, and the other families. Be safe, that is the most important part. And, perhaps, consider leaving (hard as it would be) before the need may come to evacuate, so that you are not leaving during the major traffic. Prepare by putting gas int he car, putting gallons of water and blankets in the car...in case you need to drive by the fires...the blankets will help keep you more comfortable if you need to park somewhere for the night. We had to do that when we had the hurricanes come through. (FL)

God bless you.

Jor- I apologize if I sounded like I was trying to push the issue of meds or therapy. I was trying to let you know about my experience, and that she is not alone...and neither are you. There are many people in this situation, and that was what I was trying to get across. I apologize if that was not what i said. I will be praying for both of you. Thanks for your understanding. Be blessed. Maybe your daughter would make a step by talking to people or coming to a thread and chatting? That helped me a lot, because I didn't need to be near people.

Praying for everyone's needs. Off to post the blog.

Remember~
He IS Able!
Traci S.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:19 AM   #1937
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci - PMed you the info you requested
Old 09-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #1938
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci - you did not sound pushy! Not at all! I just wanted to fill in more details myself. She is an extremely strong willed girl.

Praying for Jen today.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #1939
Gabfest Goddess

Joanne, I have one of those! You know the strong willed child!

I pray that she finds something that will work for her. It's hard, I truly know it's hard. Praying for God's intervention.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #1940
Stazon Splitcoast

Veronica- praying for the people displaced by the fire.
Traci- you are not pushy you just know how to get to the crux of an issue.
Joanne- as always praying for Marie and of course you!
Michele- I am so happy my boys are grown.

Joan
Old 09-20-2010, 11:02 AM   #1941
Gallery Gazer

Thank you for your prayers, It sounds like the fire is contained and should be out by the end of the day... Praying that no winds do not pick up...

They say it is a miracle that only 4 home's were engulfed with the fire. Out of 1,600 evacuations. Praise God! For He is good and worthy of all praise...
Old 09-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #1942
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Only four homes destroyed - that does sound miraculous. Will still be praying for those families.

I told another church friend about my neighbor. She sent over two bags and a small box of food. I'm waiting to hear when she gets appointments for CAT scan and colonoscopy. I am praying that it hasn't spread.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #1943
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Only four homes destroyed - that does sound miraculous. Will still be praying for those families.

I told another church friend about my neighbor. She sent over two bags and a small box of food. I'm waiting to hear when she gets appointments for CAT scan and colonoscopy. I am praying that it hasn't spread.
Lifting up your neighbor and friend. Praying all goes well it would be so awesome if the CAT scan and colonoscopy showed no cancer! Yes, I believe in miracles and praying for one for your friend.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #1944
Pearl-ExPert

Default 5 yr old lost in the woods tonight

9/20 - I live in a very forested area (85% water shed land) and there is a 5 year old child lost in the woods tonight. Sirens have been blaring all evening and fire and rescue people are heading out to search the woods in the night. Please pray for this child's safety. It is supposed to get down to the low 40's which is pretty cold for a little kid in the woods. Again, please pray for this child's safe return and for all the workers out searching.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #1945
Compulsive Stamper

Traci,
Thank you for your prayers and words of wisdom, and for taking the time to share them. I did sense they were coming from your heart. "Living as if" is something I did read once before (I have some of Melody Beattie's material). Its a good reminder. I'm just very, very tired and tired of hurting. I never would have dreamed that being a mom would be this painful. With God's help, I'm carrying on though.
Thank you once again.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #1946
Compulsive Stamper

Default So very sorry

Quote:
Jen,

I'm so very sorry to read your news. Please accept my sincere condolences.
I lost my mom a number of years ago and it was incredibly difficult. Mom's are something very special.

Give yourself time and space to grieve. I hope you are not alone and have friends close by who can be there for you with their shoulder or just their ears to listen.

My heart goes out to you.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #1947
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortontime View Post
Traci,
Thank you for your prayers and words of wisdom, and for taking the time to share them. I did sense they were coming from your heart. "Living as if" is something I did read once before (I have some of Melody Beattie's material). Its a good reminder. I'm just very, very tired and tired of hurting. I never would have dreamed that being a mom would be this painful. With God's help, I'm carrying on though.
Thank you once again.

I totally agree with you on this!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:17 PM   #1948
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
I totally agree with you on this!
Me three! I am really, really tired of life being so hard and things being so difficult. I could really use a little happiness, joy and peace.

Though listening to my nephew giggle his heart out at my boys is bringing us much joy tonight. He's 6 1/2 months and just loves us all and can not stop laughing....poor little guy lost both his grandmas in the past 6 weeks.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #1949
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldumont999 View Post
9/20 - I live in a very forested area (85% water shed land) and there is a 5 year old child lost in the woods tonight. Sirens have been blaring all evening and fire and rescue people are heading out to search the woods in the night. Please pray for this child's safety. It is supposed to get down to the low 40's which is pretty cold for a little kid in the woods. Again, please pray for this child's safe return and for all the workers out searching.
Praying for the little girl, and God's protection...
Old 09-21-2010, 04:25 AM   #1950
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Any word on the missing little girl? I checked the news and didn't find anything. Where in NJ?

I hope she is home safe and sound!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:47 AM   #1951
Pearl-ExPert

No news on the missing child. My neighbor is a part of our ambulance corp. I'll let you all know as soon as I hear. The town is Ringwood, NJ (all the way at the top on the NY state line)
Old 09-21-2010, 04:58 AM   #1952
Compulsive Stamper

I had a positive moment with my son last night. I saw a spark of hope. (one being he offered me a hug with a "I miss you mom". Boy did that feel good. The other is that he's trying to stop one of his bad choices.) This is when the evil one works even harder so would appreciate prayer. He is trying to find work, doesn't have a great work record which has hurt potential for employment. Pray as you will, just wanted to share an item to thank God for and the update if you are praying.

I'm also wondering about the missing girl. Praying she'll be found safe and sound.
Will check back later after work.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #1953
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Louise - I grew up in Rockland County. My parents still live there. I will continue to pray that little girl is found safe and sound.

Shortontime - I know how important it is to celebrate the positive moments big or small. I truly do!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #1954
Stazon Splitcoast

Shortontime- I agree it is very important to celebrate the little things.
Louise- I am praying that they find the little girl ASAP.
Jen- Take care my friend.

Joan
Old 09-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #1955
Pearl-ExPert

Default The Boy Was Found

Hi everyone. The little boy was found. Scared, cold but found not too long after they began looking. Thank you all ever so much for your prayers.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #1956
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad to hear they found the child! AND that he is okay!

My neighbor called with some GREAT NEWS! She had her colonoscopy today and it all looks GREAT. Nothing has spread beyond that area. She does still have a CAT scan on Friday so please continue to pray if you would! She sounded so much better today though. They also told her it is partly viral? I don't know what that means, but it was more information. I'm so happy for her! I pray that she continues to get good news!!!!

Thank you for the prayers. I know she appreciates it!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #1957
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad that the boy has been found!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:42 PM   #1958
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Hi Everyone~

Wow! I don't know about you, but I feel as if I have been through an emotional roller-coaster here today and yesterday. I think the timing is right. Went to my pain doctor today, things are getting worse. Pain is worse, 4 new medicines added to my pile today! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Praise Him for the little good times and occurrences...and I Praise Him for the Huge things...like the little boy being found...and the cancer (so far) being found to be isolated!

I was going to ask if we could have a Praise Thread here tomorrow...Wednesday. Things have been so serious. Will everyone please look for one item to Praise tomorrow? We can still request things, of course, we will, we will still be praying for Jen and her family, and Jor's Daughter, and Alan's search for a job, and Dave's Salvation...and the list goes on. I just feel like I will be in a much better place if we have more praise going out tomorrow than lately. I hope that is ok...If not, don't do it. Do what you need in this place. We go before the King of Kings, asking for what we need, Praising, Petitioning, Hoping, Waiting...

I am on a roller coaster...the severity of the requests and needs has been so important...and on the other side, I have been thrilled because I learned more about Him in the Bible the other day. I learned that there are many more miracles in the Moses's Exodus with the Slaves from Egypt, than what i was always taught. I also put a challenge and Candy on the blog, and it has already brought new faces to the blog, who are hearing the Word of God! I think that is the most exciting thing going on in my life right now. At least positively exciting! Finding these "other" miracles is sure proof to me, that He can do them whenever and however He wants. You could each go check on your prayer requests right now...and every one of them may have been Miraculously handled by the Lord who loves us much more than we will ever know. So, please, hold on to hope. Anything is possible with Jesus the Christ! Anything! All in His time, and His way, and His Answer. Hold on to Him through His Word. It is a wonderful comfort.

I'll be praying for all of our on-going requests.

Jen, I can't stop thinking of you. I hope you see how loved you are in this world. Remember, He loves you the very most!

He IS Able!
Traci S.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #1959
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci - I think I have several praises to share tomorrow. Many answers to prayer.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #1960
Stazon Splitcoast

It will be very hard for me to be praiseful tomorrow, so I'll post tonight. I do hope to check in in the morning.

I'd like to thank God for the opportunity to see my mom's siblings tomorrow. I don't know that they've seen my kids in a very long time - since my brother's wedding. I don't know that they've even met Drew (I was pregnant with him at my brother's wedding - only 13 weeks). I want to thank Him ahead of time for the stories I will hear tomorrow.

An old friend whom I (along with my other friends) had a falling out with over a decade ago brought me pumpkin cookies from Whole Foods (she works there) today. She's never been more than a FB friend the past year and I hadn't talked to her in a decade or more before that but isn't it funny, that in all of this, she has faithfully been messaging me to bring groceries, etc. All summer long. She has her own issues, but amazing what happens sometimes. We'll never be good friends....but really surprising to me in a good way.

I am thankful for all the support I've gotten this week.

I'm thankful for last night's wonderful time with my squealing nephew who loves my boys and me more than we ever realized! He is so cute. It was the closest he's come to crawling because he wanted to be next to my boys. How cute.

OK, and I really don't enjoy Dancing with the Stars, but my dad does so I am watching it with him and we're discussing it - good to get his mind off of things. My oldest is curled up with PopPop on the recliner.