Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #1801
Gabfest Goddess

Cat, lifting you up this evening! Asking the Lord to touch you and praying that you feel better quickly.

Sending love and hugs!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #1802
Gabfest Goddess

Some drama today at church, I think we will be trying a new one next Sunday. Praying for guidance on what to do. I showed patience today but am hurt by how my daughter was treated today by another mother and daughter. Her daughter was the one not telling the truth and mine was the one yelled at by the other mom. So not cool, never mind not spiritually correct. I think it may be time to move onto a bigger church.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:34 AM   #1803
Insane Embellisher

Smile Prayers~

It is 6:15am, and I have not slept yet. I went to bed at 11:00 last night, was still awake at 1am, so I got out of bed, and started on the He IS Able blog post. Well, for some reason it didn't line up right...twice...I had to retype it twice...I just now finished...so I thought I would stop by.

Caterina~Try to slow down, Honey, and relax a bit if you can while you heal. I will pray that He will please heal you and give you strength and comfort while this lasts for only a short. He is capable of anything and everything!

Redwood~ You were mentioned today. Want to let you know. I hope you don't mind my saying so...but it this is the only problem you are having at church, you might want to stay. There are rude and offensive people in almost any group of people. I hate to say it, but i think it is true. I'm not saying the other mother/daughter team was right in any way! Ask Nikki--changing a church can be a lot to process. I am thinking of the BBQ you just held, and how happily DH chimed in, and DD, too! It might make them hesitant to move to a larger church so soon for them. I don't think we can out run...wrong words...a situation...I think we are supposed to handle it somehow. I will pray for clarity for you to get an answer that is best for your whole family, and a clear way of knowing the answer is from Him...and not the enemy. I also lift up the mortgage issue. Will you please let us know when you receive the good news about it? Thanks!

J~ Praying that you are quickly healing, if you are not completely back to yourself yet! He can answer prayers in any time, I am hoping He already healed you! And, that you have an abundance of energy during waking hours, and deep sleep at night!

HedgieMama~ Are you still around here? I'd love to hear how you are doing, Sweetie!

Jen~ Praying for healing and comfort from the Lord for your entire family. Praying that you will have plenty of time with your boys, and not feel that you are neglecting your parents. Praying for a job for you. Any news?

Nikki~ Have you made an informed decision about the church issue? And, are you still getting the migraines? I will certainly continue to pray for them to stop! I completely understand that pain! If you haven't made a decision, I pray that you will also have great clarity on what would be best for you, and perhaps open a door for DH.

Pat~ Praying that you are doing ok. That you have the strength that you need now. Praying that you can see the sunshine, smell a flower, and look into a breeze and feel life today.

Everyone- I hope I didn't leave anyone out. I apologize if I did. I would like to ask that you please pray for Dave. He has an interview scheduled for tomorrow. We would love for him to get that job ASAP. Things are getting tougher here. It is his only nibble. He has applied for more than 20 jobs in the past week. There aren't many in his line of work. Also, would you please pray for my pain to subside? I am having increased pain. My back and leg is so severe...and I am having migraines daily...during the morning. And, my vision is barely clear...even with my glasses...after using my eyes for an hour! If I watch TV, read, use the computer...it all goes blurry, to the point that i have to take breaks and then come back to it, and see if what I wrote was started on the right row of keys!! I am scared. I am a candidate for glaucoma. I was tested 3 months ago...I was fine. My medicine says it can cause blurred vision...but my meds haven't changed much. So, is it collective? One day a little bad, but after a month the med makes it really bad? I don't know! Thank you all so much. I pray you have a blessed day.
I really enjoyed sharing on the blog today. I learned a lot this week. I hope you enjoy it and are blessed by it, if you stop by. He IS Able

Remember~
He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:58 AM   #1804
Pearl-ExPert

Would like to ask for prayer for my son, Alan who is 29yr old and needs a job. Also pray that where ever he goes he finds Christian influences and support. Thanks. Its such a long story and I don't have time to share all the details - but God knows. That is what matters. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #1805
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi friends,
It's been awhile since I've been here. Not feeling very spiritual or prayerful lately, to be honest.

I have so much on my plate and I am tired. Really tired. Still not sleeping well. May need to resort to a touch of something to help, which I hate to do, but maybe just to break the cycle???

Met with my lawyer today and it looks like we are heading full steam ahead to a trial, as the ex and his lawyer faxed something today which is making things worse - not towards a settlement. Whatever. I don't understand what he thinks he will achieve and neither does my lawyer. He's making some very bad decisions. We've proposed a fair (though more in my favor) settlement and in return I will stay in this town and drop the adultery charge. And if the grounds for divorce are adultery that will be a public record for forever. I guess some people don't care nowadays but I would! Then again, I would never cheat, so......I guess it's more important for him to have money and continue his lifestyle of fancy clothes and eating out then seeing his kids all the time.

Please add my dear friend Carolyn to your prayer lists. She begins chemo for breast cancer on Thurs. On Weds I am hosting a potluck luncheon for her, to fatten her up and wish her well on her next phase of beating cancer. She sailed through her double mastectomy. She is only 42. Next week we will be going out for drinks and then wig shopping. She wants us all to try on wigs too, so I said sure!
Old 08-30-2010, 01:16 PM   #1806
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Praying for your church situation. I am sorry that your DD got lambasted. Some people say they are Christian but don't act like it.
Jen- What is your ex thinking? oh maybe he is not thinking! Praying for your friend.
Louise- My son is also out of work. So I will be happy to add your son.
Traci- Did you get to nap today! I will ask for God to be there in the interview with your DH.

Joan
Old 08-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #1807
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I am around, just don't have lots of time at the moment. I am sorry for all who are hurting or struggling. Praying for you all.

Will update with more soon.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #1808
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Hedgie- Hope you will have some time to come and visit soon.

Joan
Old 08-30-2010, 06:08 PM   #1809
Gabfest Goddess

To everyone thanks for the kind words, and Traci you are absolutely right and that was the extra confirmation I needed. I am not gonna let Satan win this battle! I am going to stay and worship God and giving to him. DD also feels the same way now. So we are good.

Hugs to all, prayers to all,
Love in Christ
Old 08-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #1810
Matboard Maniac

I haven't been posting but I continue to include the intentions of all those on the SCS prayer thread in my daily prayers!
My husband just got home and asked me to post a prayer request. He was at a fantasy football draft with the husband half of a couple we are friends with. They are expecting their first baby in November and just found out that the baby has a diaphramatic (sp?) hernia, meaning the baby's intestines are above the diaphragm in the cavity with the lungs, pressing on the left lung. The concern is that the pressure will collapse the lungs, plus additional complications once that is dealt with at the time of birth (which includes immediate surgery). I am asking all of you to pray for Justin & Leslie's baby and that the parents have the strength to deal with this. THanks to all.
Kelly
Old 08-31-2010, 04:21 AM   #1811
Pearl-ExPert

Default Praying

veggiegirlRD - I'm praying for your friend. This is certainly a difficult situation but our God is so much bigger than our circumstances.

redwood17 - I'm glad you decided to stay. May God bless your faithfulness and give you an extra measure of grace.

jenguin - God will get you through this. And there IS justice with God. Leave it in His hands and God will care for you. Praying you though this.

smileyj - Thanks for your prayers for my son, Alan. I will be lifting your son up as well.

May all who post here receive an extra measure of grace and a touch from the one who is our All In All.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:03 AM   #1812
Insane Embellisher

Default For All,

Happy Day Everyone! Our circumstances may not seem like a good day, however, His Word tells us in Psalm 118:24 that "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

I am trying to hold on to that thought. Somehow, it helps. Some how? I know how...it is HIS Word. I hope that helps someone out, besides just me..

I am having a very difficult day physically. It seems that all of my physical problems picked today to gang up on me. Dave just called, his interview went well, he believes, and they didn't discuss money, but we know what we need to stay at this level at least...so he is prepared. He figured it all out includng taxes. I hope he gets this job, he is doubting his self worth. I know that feeling...I have been stuck home for over 12 years. All of this is to say, thank you for your prayers for Dave and our situation. And, I would love to have some more prayers for me, if you are willing and have the time. Thanks so much everyone! I told Dave yesterday that I have many, many people praying for him and this job, it is is the right job. I told him I asked for prayer here, and on my blog. He actually said, "Thank you." Instead of being upset that I told the worlld that he was feeling blue. Good step. He knows I pray for Him. His reaction was a great step from Him. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much!

Lots of prayer requests...lots of prayers offered for you. Each of your requests were brought to the Lord, one at a time, concentrating on you or the person you brought to my attention. And, if I just found out, I will pray immediately after sharing.

Lets see--Caterina--continue to pray that you will be healed today. He IS Able! And, that you will be able to relax for a while. Completely relax. I wonder if the two...your stomach and stress run together!?

Idumont999- I lifted up your son, Alan. A man of 29 years, who needs to find work, quickly. I pray that he will find a job that will surround him with Christian men and some Christian women. I pray that your son knows Jesus the Christ, and that He will put a spirit of energy to seek not only a job, but to seek His Word also.

J--I pray that you are healed. That you do not have any residual pain. That work is not too much of a strain for you. I pray that you do everything you can to stay healthy. That you don't over do things. I lift up your son, and pray that he will quickly find a job that is appropriate for him...a job that he will like, and a place where he can grow in the Lord.

Hedgie! I am so glad that you popped in yesterday! Thanks! I'd love to know how you really are...perhaps a message. How is your job? How are your DDs? How are you, what are you doing for fun these days? For you, I pray that you are finding joy in your life still, and that you are not isolating, and that you will please come and become more active with your fellow prayer warriors.

Jen~ I know that in the past, you have known that when I share with you, I am sharing from a place of love...not nagging. Just sharing the thoughts that popped intomy head while you were sharing. I am coming from the same place today. Jen, I miss your being here...I understand why you haven't...you are so busy taking care of everyone. I am worried about who is taking care of Jen?

Jen for you I pray that you will go before God...completely giving yourself to Him. (I sometimes end up face down on the floor, and don't really remember making the decision to do so...I wanted to submit my whole self to Him, and all that I did.) For it is He who can restore your body and give it rest. "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." I believe that is the wording. It goes on to say to take up His yoke...you know, the things that oxen wear around their necks when they are plowing...He tells us that His yoke is light, and He will give you strength. I have messed up the words, but the thoughts are there. He is the one that you would benefit from spending some time with. Find that Scripture and think on it...you know in your heart...that when things get so overwhelming...THAT is the time to run to the Lord...not distance yourself from Him. If you are still praying for your parents, and your boys...and yourself...you are still spending time with Him! Tell Him how you are feeling, and He will draw nearer to you! I prayed that you will be more aware of His presence near you. If you are driving...He is in the passenger seat. If you are at the table..He is sitting there, too. He is there for you, Jen, and He will NEVER leave nor forsake you...He promises us that again and again. He wll be there for you, even if you aren't spending as much with Him. I remember when I was a child, my best friendwould pick a day where she didn't want to be my friend. It destroyed me. My parents had me wait it out...and the next day we were friends again. You may not want to be near to the Lord, one day...but He is waiting outside your door, waiting to come in and be your best friend! Faithful, and Loyal!

Jen, Honey, if you spend time with the Lord, praying with Him, you could pray in the car...(Josh and I used to pray in the car for each other...and then ourselves...out loud...(or aloud?-- I want to know!). Anyway, you spend time with Him, your life will get more managable.

You will sleep. He is there for you. Invest a little time in your relationship. And, your faith will be renewed. Plus, hanging around other Christians, we wil lift you up...you will realize all that you have been missing out on...and remember, you can be healed, by the faith of a few good friends. I am not trying to boast the blog...but please go and read the post from August 23rd. It will make you so glad to be a child of God. It is Rebekka's Testimony, and it packs a punch! Please go read it, Sweetie. He IS Able Will you please tell me if you did...and what other decisions you are willing to do. I pray that you will not forget how Faithful He has been to your and your family. He has been there, and IS there, the whole time.

Jen-I care about you. That is why I just wrote a this to you and am praying it to Him. There isa real book as a gift to you. The Bible. Know I am coming from love, and maybe just step out in faith, and take the ideas of a friend, and just do them.., maybe trust in Her faith. My faith. Let me know...PLEASE. OK.

And, I am praying for Carolyn, what a heavy burden for her to carry on her own. I am glad you are there to pray for or with her, and that you are letting us help lighten her burden, through prayer.

I apologize that was so long, but the thoughts and promises just flooded my mind.

Redwood--I am glad you decided to stay at the same church, perhaps until DH and DD are a bit more firm in going, and being a part of things...perhaps feeling closer to the Lord. I was thinking about the situation last night, and I realized that this could be a great mother-daughter opportunity. We come across conflict with events in our lives, other people, even with God perhaps. I'm not saying to go up to this rude woman or child. Not at all. But, if you haven't already, and you probably have, this would be a great time to role play with DD, and let her practice things she could say to difuse a sitution with a peer. Let her practice what she may say in different situations...perhaps even with future boys...if you think it is time to venture into any of that. It could be about being out with a friend who wants to shoplift something. OR someone who is goofing off during the service. Or someone who wants her to go to a party that she shouldn't go to. I AM NOT SAYING SHE WOULD. I know sje may not be allowed to go to the mall...but they are possible future siturations. I just really wanted to pass this on to you. I think you are wonderful. I hope you know that. I know you are a great Mom and Wife. I just saw an opportunity for some great teaching...and closeness with her, as I know you have. I hope you know that I only mean the best in suggesting this. I am stll praying about the paper work situation...and can't wait to know when the good news comes through!

Oh, Dear Kelly, I will pray for Justin & Leslie's baby. Please know that the Lord is the Great Physician. He can do anything! He can heal the baby in a moment! He answers prayers in the way that our best for the people involved! And, He answers in His own time...not ours, so I hope you will remain patient, as we pray over this little one. Thank you for sharing the situation with us. And welcome.

Nikki- praying for you to have discernment over your decision about church. PRaying that school is not too much of a burden, and that you have time to spend with DH, and to have time for yourself! To make cards, read an pray, anything you want!

That is enough from here. I sincerely apologize for typos...I can see a strip of the screen about 1/4 the size of my full vision...I really wanted to share, so I hope you will forgive me for the errors in my typing. I must say, I am a bit nervous about what I have prayed, or shared my thoughts today. They were bold. I hope everyone of you knows, that you are important to me, and I really want only the best for you. I care about you. I know it's not me. It's Him. Except when they are my own thoughts...if that makes sense. And, sometimes a fellow-parent, or friend can have useful things to say, because He leads us. I hope that if anything upset you, you will let me know, so we can work it out and remain close.

i love you, my fellow Sisters and Brother in-Christ! (Kelly's DH!)- My fellow prayer warriors! Thank you for being there for us, too! You are so appreciated.

Last edited by Traci S.; 08-31-2010 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: Tried to fix typos.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:09 AM   #1813
Pearl-ExPert

Traci S
Just wanted to say that your post really touched me. May God supply all you need including the grace to endure the times in this life that don't go as well as we would like. Thanks for your prayers for Alan. He had an interview last Tue and was just told that someone "with more experience" was hired. He's kind of down. I can understand how your husband feels. Praying for him as well.

Please continue to pray for a job for my son Alan and that he would be surrounded by believers and that God might supply a Godly Christian woman for him.

Thanks to all. Praying continuously.

"When you go to war against your enemies and see hourses and chariots and an army greter than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the Lord your God... will be with you." Deu 20:1
Old 08-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #1814
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci S...That is is the least thing you have to do is apologise for your typos...here you are whom can barely see to type, and look at all you have typed and blesssed all theses people. God BLESS YOU TRACI.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:26 AM   #1815
Stazon Splitcoast

Louise - where are you in NJ? I am a Jersey girl too.

Kelly - my ex's cousin's daughter had this same conditioin and she sailed through the surgery. I will pray that this is the same case for this couple's child. Doctors and surgeons are so gifted and talented and do amazing, miraculous things!!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:28 AM   #1816
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci - I am trying to type a post to you but I don't know what to say! You always have so much love for me. I never think that you are nagging or anything - far from it - I just am so touched that it's hard to respond sometimes. Like now.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:05 PM   #1817
Matboard Maniac

Traci ~ thanks so much for your prayers. I find the knowledge that others are praying for me or with me for my intentions so comforting and powerful that I don't know how those who don't have faith make it through life!

Jen ~ thanks for the prayers and the info. It is always uplifting to hear about the good outcomes in similar situations. My husband and I work in a hospital, but it Level 1 Adult only trauma center so when it comes to pediatrics we are not that knowledgable.

ldumont999 ~ I saw your post about your son, praying for him too. I don't know why, but I felt moved to offer this to you. My husband found this book called "No More Christian Nice Guy" and we are loving it! It speaks on Christians living boldly in the world and claiming their passion and their lives in a world that does not champion all that is masculine. You might even be able to find it in the library. It is very uplifting and may raise his spirits while he is job hunting.

Many blessings for all of you today! Know that when I petition the Lord, I include all of you fantastic ladies and your families.

Kelly
Old 08-31-2010, 04:15 PM   #1818
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for all of you ladies. Each one of you are special for me. I am asking God to be present in your lives and the lives of those you love.

Joan
Old 08-31-2010, 05:13 PM   #1819
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I am so uplifted and touched by the recent posts. Thank you for being here, all of you. I am finding a good place to be with a balance that seems to be working for me. Settling in now, after a period of trial and turmoil- into a place where I take the time to be with people, get things done but I am not placing as much importance on that and taking time to reflect, pray and write in a journal.

I want to start making cards again. I would enjoy that so much. I just have to start.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:51 PM   #1820
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thank you all for your prayerful words and encouragement. Am feeling somewhat better.

Thinking of each of you and trusting the Lord to meet your every need with His love, grace, compassion, wisdom, strength, mercy and peace.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:55 PM   #1821
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

thanks Traci for always making me feel great after reading your post I pray for you daily as well. I know you have health problems, but you seem to know what to say to other people when they are in need. HUGS GIRL.............

Prayers for all. I would like to make a prayer request and that is for my preschool that I work at is about to go under and evaluation. Its very STRESSFUL and this week and next are our last 2 weeks before they come. I have been so overwhelmed with things in my own personal life, school, my DH's health, etc. So adding this stress I feel has put me over the edge. I just pray that I can make it and that we do well. I dont want to be picked for the evaluation but the owners do. They have to pick 3 classrooms. So I am really nervous too. So prayers that I will be positve and not stress or worry about that day. I just feel so overwhelmed. September 13th is the day. God just give me strenghth.

THANKS GIRLS.....................
Old 09-01-2010, 03:48 AM   #1822
Pearl-ExPert

Nichole - praying that the evaluation goes smoothly and praying that you will have peace, now and through the entire event. Remember how many times God said "do not be afraid" in the scripture? Trust that even this is in God's hands.

Hedgiemama - praying that God bring you a good reason to pick up that paper and start making cards again. Also praying that this time of reflection will bring healing to your soul.

Caterina - as always, praying for you and yours. Glad you are feeling a bit better.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:03 AM   #1823
Insane Embellisher

Smile Everyone~

Wow! I feel so blessed being connected to each of you. Your words touch my heart so, and when I read of one of you praying for another...my heart seems to take up more room in my chest. It is a great feeling.

Please know that I will be praying these requests...and the ones I prayed for yesterday, until I hear that things have changed, or there is another request, or no need for that prayer to continue.

Hedgiemama~ Take out that ink, my friend. Grab those stamps...and if you have a stamp that says "CELEBRATE!" I think that should be one of your first picks! Congratulations for feeling joy again...I am guessing that you are enjoying that sense of balance you have talked about!

J--Are you still struggling? Feeling any better? Worse? I hope not. I pray not.

Caterina~ So glad that you are starting to feel better. Keep working at relaxing!

Jen- I care for all of you. You are my Sisters. Closer than my blood sisters. No need to say anything to me. Just let us know how things are going, ok? Let Him know how things are going, OK?

Redwood- I hope isn't overwhelming you! I hope you have time to come out and share the things that are happening in your life.

Louise, I love how you sign off. Are you of Jewish background, also? Or do you just love the old names for Him? Or something totally different.

Oh! I forgot to share. The 28th was 15 years that I have been clean and sober! It would have been 16 years, but when I received my one year medallion, i went out to a bar and partied. How juvenile! Even at 29! I surely Praise Him for my sobriety.. I do every day! I just wanted to let you know...my friends, my Sisters-in Christ. Thank you for helping to carry my burdens! It is through His leading me to AA and NA that I was ready to have such a love filled relationship with my husband, and to follow my Lord through life. It is so many one days at a time! I am so thankful to the Lord. He IS worthy to be praised...again and again and again!

Ladies, I am back to bed. I slept 6 hours...but my body requires 12 minimum. I had to get up, I wanted to get the new blog post out. Now, back to bed, so my body can rest. It needs it...i've been sitting up...which makes my spine feel like it has slid down to my hips. I am praying for each of you, even if I didn't mention you by name again. I just wanted to answer the changes I heard about. Dave's interview went well yesterday. Thank you for your continued prayers. I loved that comment about not fearing. He did say it SO many times. That would be something interesting to do...count how many times your favorite verse is repeated. "I will not leave nor forsake you."

I am just so excited for the Lord right now! I hope you all are!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #1824
Insane Embellisher

Nikki~ You will do fine. I know it...and you are great at what you do...and you like what you do, right? I will still pray for a calm to come over you. That you will feel His peace. That you will be prepared for the evaluation...which I am sure you are! The owners feel great about you...they know you! We know you! Most importantly, He knows you, and knows your heart, and knows that you want to do a good job. It may sound funny, but I am also going to pray that the children listen to you, and follow all of your instructions, and are a joy, especially on that day.

I have gone through so many of those evals, Nikki. Most of the stress will be on the Director/Owner. They want to make sure you don't have a bleach bottle where kids can reach it...and that you know how many children are in the room at the time...regular things that you do without thinking. Let us know, ok?
Old 09-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #1825
Stazon Splitcoast

Although I don't post often, I do pray for all your needs when I get the email reminder.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:59 AM   #1826
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for all of you!

Joan
Old 09-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #1827
Pearl-ExPert

Default Long (but hopefully interesting) Response to Traci S

I want to share something here. When I was young (only married for a few years), we moved into our first house. I had a nine month old son and I was very, very lonely. I was a new believer (my husband was not saved) and I prayed continually for a friend and mentor who would help me grow spiritually and someone who could be my good friend. Instead God sent me Eleanor Abramson. The only thing we had in common was that she had a son the same age as my son. She was fresh out of drug rehab, chain smoked (literally lit one cigarette with another) and she used language that would make a lifelong sailor blush. She relentlessly came to my house to “hang-out” – because she was as lonely as I was. I could barely stand it. LOLOL We had nothing in common and I hated the smoke & her constant use of the “f” word. I knew God wanted me to tell her about Jesus – and I did – but she wanted nothing to do with that. One night (2:30 in the morning actually) she came pounding on my door demanding that I tell her the whole story about Jesus or else she’d break my door down. I came downstairs, sat with her for a few hours, and she accepted Christ as her Savior. From that point on, she came over every morning at 8:00 a.m. sharp. Our kids played together and we studied the Bible for hours on end. It was awesome. She became my very best friend and taught me more about Jesus’ Jewishness than I ever learned in a church. Now, back when she first came knocking on my door, I said to God... “But God, this woman is so NOT what I asked for! Dear God -- I asked for a nice CHRISTIAN woman who would help me, teach me, comfort me, befriend me... but you keep sending me Eleanor! She isn’t ANY of those things.” God’s response was, “Do you trust me? I may not give you want you want, but I’ll always give you what you need – AND I will always give you the best.” The studying we did prepared me to be a Bible teacher. I am now the author of two books and teach God’s word to women around the country. If I didn’t go through this experience with Eleanor, I would never have understood what being Jewish meant to Jesus. Nor would I have understood how perfectly and miraculously the God’s promises are fulfilled in Christ. Am I Jewish... not by birth, but I am ever so grateful that I’ve been “grafted into the Vine” of Christ.

The Lord is My Banner
Jehovah-Nissi
Exodus 17:8-16

The Lord is My Righteousness
Jehovah-Tsidkenu
Jeremiah 23:1-6

The Lord Most High
Jehovah-Elyon
Psalm 7:1,2,8,10 & 17

The Lord Heals
Jehovah-Rapha
Exodus 15:22-27

The Lord Will Provide
Jehovah-Jireh
Genesis 22:1-19
Old 09-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #1828
Pearl-ExPert

Default A few more

The Lord is My Shepherd
Jehovah-Raah
Psalm 23

The Lord of Hosts
(Leader of the Mighty Army)
Jehovah-Tsabaoth
1 Samuel 1:3

The Lord is My Peace
Jehovah-Shalom
Judges 6:1-24

The Lord is There
Jehovah-Shammah
Ezekiel 48:35

The Lord Makes Me Holy
Jehovah-Meqaddeshkem
Exodus 31:1-14
Old 09-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #1829
Gabfest Goddess

Ladies, I tried posting before but had a computer issue I guess and it didn't go up.

I can't re-create the whole post right now but did want to put this up:

When I Need to Be Free of Guilt and Condemnation by Stormie Omartin

Lord, I am so grateful for my life in Christ. Thank You that the law of the Spirit of life has made me free from the law of sin and death. Now I don't have to suffer the consequences of sin, but I can enjoy a full life lived in the Spirit instead of an ever-diminishing life lived in the flesh. Enable me to make the right choices so I can be free of guilt and become more alive every day.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:2

- From “Prayers For Emotional Wholeness”
Old 09-01-2010, 12:22 PM   #1830
Gabfest Goddess

I am so very moved by all of the posts and so thankful for this thread and each and everyone of you ladies. I have read and re-read and I am inspired.

Traci, life is just a little busy with work but also working on DH & DD, little blow up last night and praying for better days ahead.

Lifting up each of your needs and circumstances and praying for breakthrough and revalation for each of you,

Love in Christ
Old 09-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #1831
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Louise, thank you so very much for your encouraging post about Eleanor. It is amazing to see how God works and how He answers prayers. Clearly His ways and thoughts are not like mine and are always surprising. He is an awesome God.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #1832
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetJ View Post
Although I don't post often, I do pray for all your needs when I get the email reminder.
Thanks so much for stopping by and letting us know you are there.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #1833
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
I am so very moved by all of the posts and so thankful for this thread and each and everyone of you ladies. I have read and re-read and I am inspired.

Traci, life is just a little busy with work but also working on DH & DD, little blow up last night and praying for better days ahead.

Lifting up each of your needs and circumstances and praying for breakthrough and revalation for each of you,

Love in Christ

Michele, so agree with your sentiments about this thread and all the awesome women, including you.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:18 AM   #1834
Gabfest Goddess

Breaking Strongholds from Joel Osteen:

So many people today are living below the level God intends because they have mental strongholds holding them back. A stronghold is simply a wrong thinking pattern. It's an area in our mind that is not in agreement with God's Word. A stronghold will hold you back and keep you from God's best. That's why the scripture tells us in Second Corinthians 10 verse 4 that we've got to pull down these strongholds.

Some people have a stronghold of inferiority or insecurity. They don't really think they're good enough. They don't think they deserve God's blessings. But the Bible says that, "We are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus." Our worth is not based on what we do; our worth is based on what God has already done through His Son, Jesus. Because He loves you, God wants to pour out His goodness in your life. He wants to pour out His blessings, but you're going to have to do your part and start living with confidence and holding your head up high knowing that you're a child of the Most High God.

Some people have a stronghold that tells them, "You're never going to be successful. You've just had too much come against you in life. You don't really have the education you need. You're not talented enough. You don't come from the right family." No, if you believe those lies, you will never reach your full potential. God's Word says that you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength! It doesn't matter where you've come from, you are well able to accomplish the dreams and desires He's placed in your heart.

I'm challenging you today to change your thinking and break those strongholds by the power of Almighty God. Breaking strongholds is like reprogramming a computer. You have to rewrite the information in your mind. You have to start thinking like God thinks by meditating on His Word. Focus on the truth that God is a good God, and He has a great plan. As you renew your mind to the Word of God, you will break those strongholds and set yourself on a path of victory in every area of your life!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:53 AM   #1835
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thanks, Michele, for the encouragement.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:08 AM   #1836
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a question...On cremation in the catholic church being changed now that it is allowed. Question is: What are your thoughts on this?
Old 09-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #1837
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Thank You Smiley J

Smiley J (Joan) Joan, Thank You sooooo much for the beautiful sympathy card for the loss of my friend Shirley...It is just gorgeous....I just have to share it with the ladies on here:
A beautiful card by foxy67 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I really appreciate this Joan, and Thank You again for thinking of me and sending me this beautiful card.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #1838
Gabfest Goddess

There is no explicit scriptural command against cremation. Some believers object to the practice of cremation on the basis it does not recognize that one day God will resurrect our bodies and re-unite them with our soul/spirit (1 Corinthians 15:35-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:16). However, the fact that a body has been cremated does not make it any more difficult for God to resurrect that body. The bodies of Christians who died a thousand years ago have, by now, completely turned into dust. This will in no way prevent God from being able to resurrect their bodies. He created them in the first place; He will have no difficulty re-creating them. Cremation does nothing but “expedite” the process of turning a body into dust. God is equally able to raise a person’s remains that have been cremated as He is the remains of a person who was not cremated. The question of burial or cremation is within the realm of Christian freedom. A person or a family considering this issue should pray for wisdom (James 1:5) and follow the conviction that results.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #1839
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy67 View Post
I have a question...On cremation in the catholic church being changed now that it is allowed. Question is: What are your thoughts on this?
My personal opinion is the soul is now with God, the body is mearly a physical being...it shouldn't matter. God knows where you are. I think of bodies that are never recovered - from Ground Zero, airline crashes, drownings - all those people are with God. I never got why the Church was against it in the first place.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #1840
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you Michelle and Jen....I really like this explanation...
However, the fact that a body has been cremated does not make it any more difficult for God to resurrect that body. The bodies of Christians who died a thousand years ago have, by now, completely turned into dust. This will in no way prevent God from being able to resurrect their bodies. He created them in the first place; He will have no difficulty re-creating them. Cremation does nothing but “expedite” the process of turning a body into dust. God is equally able to raise a person’s remains that have been cremated as He is the remains of a person who was not cremated. The question of burial or cremation is within the realm of Christian freedom. A person or a family considering this issue should pray for wisdom (James 1:5) and follow the conviction that results.

and I like the answer: The soul is now with God..The body is merly a physical being....These answers are just how I feel too.
I had a discusssion on this and I was feeling unconfortable.......but thank You ladies for your wisdom and answering my question....
I haven't been responding a lot on this forum, but i do read it a lot for guidence.