Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #1681
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci- Thanks for thinking about me. I am happy that you and DH got away and had a good time. It helps to spend time with people you love. I will get better. It is just a matter of time.
Nichole- My dh takes metformin and has changed his diet some. I know that with the perseverance that you have you will handle this too!
Good night ladies.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #1682
Insane Embellisher

Smile Nikki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
Traci I do have diabeties. The dr put me or metformin. I have to take my sugar 3 times a week. Keep a record, eat healthy, go on a diet, etc. And to your question about how I handle all of my pressure, I scrapbook, and make cards, talk to my friends. I go out with one of my best friends once a week and just talk. That is how I cope. Is it easy not really but I just keep praying, keep thiniking that I can make it.
Nikki~ You can call me any time...or I would be happy to call you. I know how overwhelming diabetes can be at first. I take metformin also. I haven't had any bad side effects from it. Testing your blood is really important. Your doctor should send you for a blood test every quarter (of the year.)

Would you like to borrrow my very easy to read book on it? I say easy to read because it is not all mumble jumble. I would be happy to send it to you. I pretty much know it...so you could borrow it for months. It really has the clearest advice for me to understand anyway. It would be my pleasure to share it with you. It offers so many different foods that we don't usually think of.

Please know that I am praying for you.

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #1683
Insane Embellisher

Smile To Everyone~

Dear Lord Jesus, I lift up every person who has come to this thread. I thank you for giving people the gift of praying for each other. I thank you that the women here, are so committed to You, to prayer for others, and to each other as friends. Lord Jesus, I lift up every person who has been mentioned on this thread who is injured...mentally or physically. I know that you can heal each of us with only a word. I know through Your Word Lord, that we can move mountains. That we have the same power that you shared with the Apostles. That our friends, and their families can be healed based on our faith in You.

Lord, I ask that every heart will rest easy tonight from pain, from worries, from anything that weighs on their happiness. Please remind everyone that the job that they want...the job You want them to have...is around the corner, and will appear and become attainable in Your time please, Lord.

Lord, Jesus, I pray that none of these ladies is feeling lonely tonight...for you are always with us. Please let us feel your presence, and share anything with you.

Lord Jesus, thank you for letting us come to you on each other's behalf. Thank you for letting us come to you with all of our concerns, hopes, and that you love us more than we could ever know. Lord, I love you. We love you, I know that. Thank you for leading us through our days...and through our nights. Please bless everyone who has had the courage to share their pain, anxieties, and troubles with us, so that we can lift each other up to you, our Father, Our Lord, Our Friend, Our Everything. I pray this in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #1684
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci S. View Post
Dear Lord Jesus, I lift up every person who has come to this thread. I thank you for giving people the gift of praying for each other. I thank you that the women here, are so committed to You, to prayer for others, and to each other as friends. Lord Jesus, I lift up every person who has been mentioned on this thread who is injured...mentally or physically. I know that you can heal each of us with only a word. I know through Your Word Lord, that we can move mountains. That we have the same power that you shared with the Apostles. That our friends, and their families can be healed based on our faith in You.

Lord, I ask that every heart will rest easy tonight from pain, from worries, from anything that weighs on their happiness. Please remind everyone that the job that they want...the job You want them to have...is around the corner, and will appear and become attainable in Your time please, Lord.

Lord, Jesus, I pray that none of these ladies is feeling lonely tonight...for you are always with us. Please let us feel your presence, and share anything with you.

Lord Jesus, thank you for letting us come to you on each other's behalf. Thank you for letting us come to you with all of our concerns, hopes, and that you love us more than we could ever know. Lord, I love you. We love you, I know that. Thank you for leading us through our days...and through our nights. Please bless everyone who has had the courage to share their pain, anxieties, and troubles with us, so that we can lift each other up to you, our Father, Our Lord, Our Friend, Our Everything. I pray this in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
In Jesus' name, I agree!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #1685
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci S. View Post

Thank you for such an encouraging and beautiful prayer.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #1686
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Traci!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:15 AM   #1687
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank You for the beautiful prayer!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #1688
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Traci- You are an amazing woman! Thank you for all you give to all of us so generously. I am in awe. Thank you for that amazing prayer....I am going to print it and re-read it every day......
Old 07-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #1689
Insane Embellisher

Smile Hi Everyone~

Hi Everyone~

I hope everyone has a blessed weekend. I will pray everyone's requests. I will pray that all are feeling better. I will pray that all situations at work, that are not suitable will be changed by His doing, immediately. I will pray that new jobs will be made available, if they are the right job to have. I will pray for your family and friends. i pray that everyone will spend quality time
with their Lord and Saviour this weekend. He loves us. Right where we are.
Consider it done. I will continue to pray until I hear praise reports on each of these prayer topics.

He IS Able,
Traci S.

p.s. Oh, and Monday...on the He IS Able blog, I will be announcing our first challenge and sharing the first Testimony given for this blog. I hope you will have time to stop in.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #1690
Stazon Splitcoast

thank you traci! I am trying to hold on to my faith. I know that God is good and is my life. However, right now I am being tested. The pain that I am experiencing is very hard to deal with. I just keep reminding myself that this to will pass.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #1691
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
thank you traci! I am trying to hold on to my faith. I know that God is good and is my life. However, right now I am being tested. The pain that I am experiencing is very hard to deal with. I just keep reminding myself that this to will pass.

Joan, my heart just breaks knowing you are in so much pain. May the Lord truly shower you with His grace and mercy.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:19 PM   #1692
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Joan so sorry your in so much pain. I wished that I could take it away from you. HUGS TO YOU............

Praying for everyone hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:28 AM   #1693
Insane Embellisher

Smile Hello Everyone~

Hello, My Friends~

I am so blessed to have found this blog, and to have started to really pray out loud for others. I was always comfortable praying with children when I was the Children's Church Director...not so with adults. I'd do it. I felt I had to, and now I love it.

I appreciate people's thanks for prayer. But, really, there is no need. I mean that completely. I feel blessed to pray for each of you. It is an honor, I would not have had if I was still Jewish. It is, in my opinion, the Lord's growing me up that allows it. I am glad that you find relief in prayer. I hope we all do. IT is an amazing gift, isn't it? The part that really grabs me is-- we are told that we are given the same powers the Apostles were given. AMAZING! (Question: Is the word Apostles and Disciples interchangable?) We can heal people by our faith. All of us can. THAT is amazing, too. I love to pray, and I feel bad that I am so wordy at it. I feel even worse, if I am so exhausted from pain and medication, that I can't fit everyone in every time I pray before I fall asleep. I pray during the day, too. How do you all cope with really long prayer lists? Do you do some on some days? All every time, group them? I'd appreciate any help. I am praying for the Lord to help minimize my words to only the necessary words that are needed to get my point across. I especially would like this prayer answered in regards to writing the blog. Thank you for your very sweet thoughts, however.

Oh, SmileyJ--I am so sorry. I understand pain. I take it you are home? I think it is contagious isn't it? Did they give you anything for the pain? If they did, are you taking it...or are you roughing it out? If they didn't, I suggest you call them, and ask why they haven't. Lots of times, doctors don't give pain medications unless the patient really complains about it. I know. I am on mucho medications. But, I am not a pill pusher or take more than I must to get by. I just think, if they will help you from being in pain, maybe your body will have time to relax and renew...and heal...and you won't have the pain. I hope I am not overstepping. I worry about you. I totally feel for you. I wish it didn't happen to you. BTW, how is your Sister doing? Joan, on the very boring car trip...I had brought about 1000 stamped images, my markers and my watercolor pencils with me...and I colored and colored and had a blast, and over 3,000 miles didn't seem to take so long. If you are on bed rest, maybe you can do something like that. Or, if you have a book about the Lord...Max Lucado or something, maybe if you spend your time reading about the Lord, you will be more aware of His abundant love for you. Honey, if you think this is a trial. Tell the evil one to leave you alone. Call that Victory for Jesus' side! If youi think the Lord is strengthening you for something...that's how I try to look at trials. I know you will shine. You have a deeply grounded faith in the Word, use it! (If you are up to it.)

HedgieMama~ Are you feeling more like one of the gang here? I sur ehope so. When you were talking about not feeling like you belonged. I was really sad. I wonder now, by looking back on it...if it would be helpful to fill us in...so that we never do whatever it was to you or another person. Is there something on your mind, that is plaguing you...that maybe I (or we--I hate to speak for the others, even though I think I know their responses.) could pray with you about or call you. I would love to talk to you on the phone. If that is at all possible, would you please let me know, and I will get your number...I have a ton of free minutes. Same for you, Joan...if you get bored...or even if you aren't, I'd love to talk to any of you!

All of you are in my prayers. I need to get my families thank you cards out today. So, I really need to do the hustle! (Are any of you old enough to remember that song and dance with me?)

BTW, gorgeous card on the blog this week. Leave a comment for a chance to win it! And, Monday the 1st challenge and 1st Testimony are being shared!

Last edited by Traci S.; 07-31-2010 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: Forgot part of a paragraph.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:02 AM   #1694
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Ladies,

Traci, I missed your posts so glad to see you back and so happy you enjoyed your trip! I Loved the card on the blog! hahahaha

Joan, praying for continued healing

Nikki, hope you are feeling better and getting the Diabetes under control. Hugs

Cat, praying for you Reynold and the COLE kids! You are awesome in your work and dedication!

Hedgie, thinking of you and praying for continued breakthroughs in your life.

Foxie and others praying for and interceding for you all asking God for favor in your situations and a touch of his hand in your lives,

Love in Christ,
Michele
Old 07-31-2010, 05:47 PM   #1695

Prayers for all of my friends on here HUGS too. Hope you all are doing as well as you can. I am hanging in there Michelle, its hard, but I know I can do it. Hope your doing well.

Tomorrow I am going to try out a new church. Its not my religion that I am, but for some reason I feel as though I may need a new change, not sure shall see tomorrow. Its been awhile since I have been to church because I was trying to find my place and what I want to do. My friend has invited me to her church for awhile now and I have prayed and thought and prayed more to see if its the right choice. I hope so because I think I am ready for new change. Pray for me to make the right choice and with my walk with God. Thanks girls................
Old 08-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #1696
Gabfest Goddess

Hello everyone,

Thinking of each of you today. I have a praise report and I just wanted to share I found out this morning that I did get the new job. Still waiting on the details from HR but spoke to my new boss and I am so thankful for all that God has done! He is Good all the time.

(((((HUGS)))))
Old 08-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #1697
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- WAHOO!!!!!!!!

I am feeling almost like a person again. Praise the Lord. I am happy to just feel sore and not overwhelmed with pain.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #1698

Prayers for all of my prayer friends here on the this thread HUGS TO ALL

Michelle PRAISE THE LORD God is GOOD

Joan so glad your on the mend hun, hang in there HUGS to you as well

Hope everyone is doing good, prayers for the sick, weak, and everyone's needs.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #1699
Pearl-ExPert

Default Prayer Request

Got a call from my sister, Gretel. She got home from work at 8:00 this morning (worked 24 hr graveyard at the nursing home) and she went to sleep for a few hours. Got up around 10:00 am because she heard a loud thump. Her husband Rodger apparently had a Grand Mal Seizure. He passed out for more than a minute and seized for about three minutes. Gretel (being a nurse) stayed with him and waited until it passed, then got him in the car and took him to the hospital (did not want to call an ambulance - no insurance). He is there now. Gretel's daughter and her grand-daughter are coming up from lower Michigan to stay with my mom (who lives with my sister) for a while so that Gretel can go to the hospital and to work. The doctors think the seizure was a prelude to a stroke. Gretel took care of her son (mental and physical disintegration) for 30 plus yrs before he passed away last year. There is so much more to tell but its too long and complicated. Bottom line... please pray that God would help the doctors determine the reason behind the seizure and that they would know what to do about it. Also pray for Gretel. She's had SO much hard stuff in her life and she's acting way too strong right now. I have a feeling its all a front and she's hanging on by a thread. She's 800 miles away from me so there isn't much I can do from here. Thanks for your prayers.
Blessings,
Old 08-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #1700
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Hello everyone,

Thinking of each of you today. I have a praise report and I just wanted to share I found out this morning that I did get the new job. Still waiting on the details from HR but spoke to my new boss and I am so thankful for all that God has done! He is Good all the time.

(((((HUGS)))))

Praise the Lord!! You will do a great job!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #1701
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Michele- WAHOO!!!!!!!!

I am feeling almost like a person again. Praise the Lord. I am happy to just feel sore and not overwhelmed with pain.

Joan, so very grateful to the Lord that you are doing so much better! PTL!!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #1702
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldumont999 View Post
Got a call from my sister, Gretel. She got home from work at 8:00 this morning (worked 24 hr graveyard at the nursing home) and she went to sleep for a few hours. Got up around 10:00 am because she heard a loud thump. Her husband Rodger apparently had a Grand Mal Seizure. He passed out for more than a minute and seized for about three minutes. Gretel (being a nurse) stayed with him and waited until it passed, then got him in the car and took him to the hospital (did not want to call an ambulance - no insurance). He is there now. Gretel's daughter and her grand-daughter are coming up from lower Michigan to stay with my mom (who lives with my sister) for a while so that Gretel can go to the hospital and to work. The doctors think the seizure was a prelude to a stroke. Gretel took care of her son (mental and physical disintegration) for 30 plus yrs before he passed away last year. There is so much more to tell but its too long and complicated. Bottom line... please pray that God would help the doctors determine the reason behind the seizure and that they would know what to do about it. Also pray for Gretel. She's had SO much hard stuff in her life and she's acting way too strong right now. I have a feeling its all a front and she's hanging on by a thread. She's 800 miles away from me so there isn't much I can do from here. Thanks for your prayers.
Blessings,

Louise, how very scary. May the Lord place a wall of healing protection over Rodger and give the all the medical staff great wisdom and skills to put him on the road to healing. Also, asking God to surround Gretel with strength, grace, mercy, love, calming peace and may she rest in Him.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #1703
Stazon Splitcoast

Loise, I will add them to my prayer list. May God hold your family in his tender loving arms.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #1704
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Louise, how very scary. May the Lord place a wall of healing protection over Rodger and give the all the medical staff great wisdom and skills to put him on the road to healing. Also, asking God to surround Gretel with strength, grace, mercy, love, calming peace and may she rest in Him.
IJN, I agree with Cat's words and prayer.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #1705
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello gals,

I haven't been on this thread much. If you could keep my father in your prayers - he is finally being cathed tomorrow!!! Hoping for good news and that he makes it through the procedure with no complications.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:24 AM   #1706
Stazon Splitcoast

Whatever strength you have for me would also be appreciated. As if there isn't enough going on, my brother has decided that he's mad at me for something I have no recollection of saying. suppossedly I asked him to babysit so I could go out with friends. What friends? And even if I did, am I not allowed to have an hour or two to see old friends when I live 300 miles away?
Nevermind I've been babysitting HIS child for him.
I don't understand people who hold so much anger in their hearts. I've been hurt by things he's said to me in the past and always forgive and move on. I just don't understand why people get so angry over such little things.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:36 AM   #1707
Pearl-ExPert

My bil is home from the hospital and isn't in the most pleasant mood. They found out that the VA won't pay for the hospital visit because they have a rule that you need to have a physical at a VA hospital once per year in order to have emergency care paid for when that care takes place at some other facility. My bil hasn't had a physical for two years so he was not in compliance with the "rules." Please continue pray for their rather precarious financial situation right now. They could not tell why he had the seizures - still needs more tests - probably going to the VA hosp for that. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:40 AM   #1708
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldumont999 View Post
My bil is home from the hospital and isn't in the most pleasant mood. They found out that the VA won't pay for the hospital visit because they have a rule that you need to have a physical at a VA hospital once per year in order to have emergency care paid for when that care takes place at some other facility. My bil hasn't had a physical for two years so he was not in compliance with the "rules." Please continue pray for their rather precarious financial situation right now. They could not tell why he had the seizures - still needs more tests - probably going to the VA hosp for that. Thanks.
Louise, so sorry to hear about your situation lifiting your family up right now.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #1709
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Whatever strength you have for me would also be appreciated. As if there isn't enough going on, my brother has decided that he's mad at me for something I have no recollection of saying. suppossedly I asked him to babysit so I could go out with friends. What friends? And even if I did, am I not allowed to have an hour or two to see old friends when I live 300 miles away?
Nevermind I've been babysitting HIS child for him.
I don't understand people who hold so much anger in their hearts. I've been hurt by things he's said to me in the past and always forgive and move on. I just don't understand why people get so angry over such little things.
Jenn, so sorry to hear when things get stressful people breakdown some more than others I am so sorry about that. Lifting you up.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:24 AM   #1710
Stazon Splitcoast

Louise- The VA does have some interesting unpublicized rules. My DH has been trying to get through the system for years. A few suggestions, I wonder if you are aware of. Each county has a (VSO) Veterans Service Officer. They are there to help vets through the maze. We finally turned to our congresswoman. Her staff helped us. I am sending positive vibes your way!
Jenn- When the situation gets tough, unfortunately, the worst comes out in people. This is especially true for family. Hang in there... I am praying for you!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #1711
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Louise- The VA does have some interesting unpublicized rules. My DH has been trying to get through the system for years. A few suggestions, I wonder if you are aware of. Each county has a (VSO) Veterans Service Officer. They are there to help vets through the maze. We finally turned to our congresswoman. Her staff helped us. I am sending positive vibes your way!
Thank you. I passed the info on to my DS - hopefully something will give. Either way, God does provide for our needs. I have no doubt my sister & bil are in His strong hands.

~Blessings
Old 08-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #1712
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for your prayers!

My brother is still being a royal PITA. But, my dad SAILED through the heart cath today. I was really nervous he was going to code. They placed one stent.

And the very best part: my kids got to see their PopPop!! I brought them to the cath lab waiting area and they wheeled him past us and we got to not only see him but follow him up to his room! The look on my oldest's face - a grin ear to ear - that he got to see PopPop was priceless. My dad looked pretty happy too.

Still a long road to recovery: possible ICD, gallbladder removal at some point and learning to walk and take care of himself all over again.

It was SUCH a long day. We started at my mom's rehab, but first went and did some shopping for her, then to the rehab for 3 hours, 1 hour travel time and a Mickey D's drive through run, then 3 hours at Dad's hospital and then back to Mom's rehab. We just got home after 8.5 hours out and about.

Mom may need a transfusion tomorrow and we get to spend all day with HER at the doctor's office/hospital.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #1713
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry about your Brother they can be a bother. Hope things go well with your mom tomorrow!

Hugs to all!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #1714

hugs and thoughts and prayers for all of you wonderful ladies
Old 08-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #1715
Stazon Splitcoast

My dad is getting his ICD implanted today!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:35 AM   #1716
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
My dad is getting his ICD implanted today!

Jen, trusting the Lord that all will go well with your dad today.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #1717
Stazon Splitcoast

Jenn- praying for your dad and the medical staff.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #1718
Matboard Maniac

Please lift up my son, Max, in prayer. He is 9. He is getting some verbal bullying from a couple of boys at school. I have been working with him on learning to be assertive but he is a sensitive, empathetic boy and it is painful for him to even raise his voice to someone in anger. However, I know that the Holy Spirit can enter him when he needs it and give him the wisdom and the strength he needs. Thanks everyone!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #1719
Stazon Splitcoast

Prayers for Max and the boys who are bullying him. I went through this as a child. Mom you are doing the right thing. On the internet there is an organization called PACER. They are based in MN but help families all over the USA. The have awesome info on bullying. It helps parents and kids. I hope they can help give you some ideas.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #1720
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Prayers for Max and the boys who are bullying him. I went through this as a child. Mom you are doing the right thing. On the internet there is an organization called PACER. They are based in MN but help families all over the USA. The have awesome info on bullying. It helps parents and kids. I hope they can help give you some ideas.
Thanks so much for the tip! I will check it our later and get some ideas. Such a tough thing to teach your kids!