Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #81
Gabfest Goddess

Hello all:

Praying for each of you, so glad to hear that Sara is having some progress and love that Jimmy has the new job and the new health insurance is great! Praying you heal quickly and also pray you get to enjoy the time with your mom. Your scrapbook was great! Incredible first book.

Monique, thinking of you and praying for you hope that all is well I checked out your blog it was very nice. I am hoping you post when you get a chance we are all thinking of you!

It's been a busy weekend. DD and I went to church to help with the yard sale for Christian Summer Camp and we have been a lot of stuff with the house and bathroom what a constant mess DH is very good with keeping it down (the mess that is) but it just gets crazy. The beautiful weather makes for a lovely weekend, DD and I planted a cherry tree and lots of errands. No stamping though. I need to stamp! Maybe during the week.

Girls, thinking of you all and praying everyone has a good week!
Michele
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #82
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Sunday dear friends! We had a very busy weekend.

On Sat. we had a good turnout (about 12 people) with our cookout/house church meeting. The weather was very cooperative - sunny and warm.

This morning we decided to attend the grand opening church service of Hunt Valley Baptist who bought our church building a few months ago. They hired an architect who did a really great job of the place inside and out - hardly recognized the place. They had a luncheon after the service but we did not stay for that.

We had a family gathering for our cousin's little boy's 1st communion this afternoon. My aunt who is well into her 80's is a phenomenal cook and as usual had enough food to feed the entire United States army. She also bakes up a storm - her Italian cookies are awesome. We did not stay very long but did enjoy seeing lots of relatives - am always amazed how the little children have grown since the last gathering.

This is probably the most activity this old woman has had in quite a long time.

Hope everyone had a blessed day!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #83
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to FallnPetal Send a message via Yahoo to FallnPetal

A Renewed Sense of Purpose

You will show me the path of life;
in Your presence is fullness of joy;
at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

PSALM 16:11 NKJV

If youíre experiencing tough times, you may be asking yourself, ďWhat does God want me to do next?Ē Perhaps youíre pondering your future, uncertain of your plans, unsure of your next step. But even if you donít have a clear plan for the next step of your lifeís journey, you may rest assured that God does.

God has a plan for the universe, and He has a plan for you. He understands that plan as thoroughly and completely as He knows you. If you seek Godís will earnestly and prayerfully, He will make His plans known to you in His own time and in His own way.

Perhaps your vision of Godís purpose for your life has been clouded by a wish list that you have expected God to dutifully fulfill. Perhaps, you have fervently hoped that God would create a world that unfolds according to your wishes, not His. If so, you have probably experienced more disappointment than satisfaction and more frustration than peace. A better strategy is to conform your will to Godís (and not to struggle vainly in an attempt to conform His will to yours).

Sometimes, Godís plans and purposes may seem unmistakably clear to you. If so, push ahead. But other times, He may lead you through the wilderness before He directs you to the Promised Land. So be patient and keep seeking His will for your life. When you do, youíll be amazed at the marvelous things that an all-powerful, all-knowing God can do.

God will make obstacles serve His purpose. ~Mrs. Charles E. Cowman

Underneath each trouble there is a faithful purpose. ~C. H. Spurgeon

God does not discipline us to subdue us, but to condition us for a life of usefulness and blessedness. ~Billy Graham

TODAYíS PRAYER

Dear Lord, let Your purposes be my purposes. Let Your priorities be my priorities. Let Your will be my will. Let Your Word be my guide. And, let me grow in faith and in wisdom today and every day. Amen
Old 04-28-2009, 03:35 AM   #84
Stampin' Fool

Location: Rockville, Maryland, near my family.... enjoying my grandkids!
Send a message via Yahoo to bsgstamps4fun

Sounds like everyone is enjoying getting outside in the lovely weather. All the flowers and flowering trees are exceptional this spring. Guess what! my our cars have a new color, a top coat of yellow-green! Lovely pollen! lol (just a little humor this morning)

Hoping that all have a blessed day, that health needs are met, prayers answered and the love of Christ in your heart.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:37 AM   #85
Gabfest Goddess

Cat, so glad you got to enjoy the time with family sounds like you had a good time.

Monique, hope your having a good day today. Sara, hope your doing better, thinking of you.

Leslie, I loved your post.

Hi Nikki, Ellen, Sara, Leslie, Cat, Joan, Monique and everyone (sorry if I missed someone) Hugs to you all have a blessed day!

Michele
Old 04-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #86
Gabfest Goddess

Hey girls!

Just checkin in on everyone! I hope everyone is doing well just post so I know you are all doing OK.

Hugs,
Michele
Old 04-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #87
Pearl-ExPert

Default Finding Strength in the Lord

Finding Strength in the Lord
Psalm 31

The world does not offer much hope for those in despair, but God does. After hitting rock bottom, David "strengthened himself in the Lord" (1 Sam. 30:6). Though Scripture is not specific about what changed during his moment of surrender, I believe he underwent a five-step spiritual process.

First, David repented. Repentance is a change of mind that results in change of conduct. Facing up to earlier decisions that were unworthy of a godly man, David chose to change course. Second, he recalled God's past faithfulness in hard times as well as abundant blessings sent to reward obedience.

For his third step, the weary man reflected on heavenly power. He was emotionally, physically, and spiritually drained, but he'd been exhausted before and knew God's strength was sufficient for him. Because David recorded accounts of his experiences with God, which made recollecting easier.

Fourth, David remembered God's promises. His Psalms show that he valued assurances of protection, peace, and help during troubles.

Fifth, he resolved to trust God rather than give in to the despair that threatened to overwhelm him.

David's trust in the Lord was rewarded. In response to his faith, God gave him the strength he desperately needed.

If you surrender to God in moments of despair, He will provide what you need, as He did for David. He wants to strengthen His children so they can bear up under the weight of tough circumstances. So yield to Him--at some point, you'll probably look back and mark the day as the beginning of new growth in your faith.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:29 AM   #88
Stampin' Fool

Good morning and it's May......a month full of glorious rebirth that started in April. The trees and bushes have been spectacular here in the D. C. Metro suburbs, Praise God for His beauty!
Leslie, thank you for your message on repentence and surrender to God, a lovely devotional.
Praying for all needs and sending love to all my sisters.
Big hugs!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #89
Gabfest Goddess

Leslie, I agree great post! Barb, glad to see you post, how are you doing? I hope all is well know you had a lot on your plate.

How is Miss Sara and Miss Ellen, hoping everyone is doing well - how was the scrapbook get together with you guys?

Nikki & Denise, how are you ladies?

Cat, I am working on some cards for the cole kids this time tweety bird doing it in boy colors and girl colors, I colored more tweety's today and will mount them tomorrow I don't want to tell you yet the hope count I have, but hoping to have a good amount for you.

Monique, hope your doing OK

I have a "bug" but not swine flu, I know it's not funny but it's the first thing my doc told me. He is a piece of work. I actually needed a note to say that I don't have it work is freaking out effective immediately if you are out of work you need to call the 800 number to tell them why and figured I would get the note "just in case" Crazy in a way. I think too much is being made of it. 100 people a day can die of the regular flu. My feeling is if your sick stay home!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #90
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Hi Michelle doing good. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Sorry to hear that you are sick.
Hope everyone has a a great first May weekend.
I don't have much planned but laundry, laundry and more laundry. Then we are going to visit in My dh's family. Not the highlight of our lives.

Joan
Old 05-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #92
Pearl-ExPert

Prayers please for my 29 year old niece. She suffered a massive heart attack at school at her teachers meeting. She is in an induced coma right now in intensive care. Her name is Amy Pizzano. Prayers are badly needed.

bless you
Deborah
Old 05-02-2009, 03:30 AM   #93
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via AIM to onelightningchic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole's Mom View Post
Prayers please for my 29 year old niece. She suffered a massive heart attack at school at her teachers meeting. She is in an induced coma right now in intensive care. Her name is Amy Pizzano. Prayers are badly needed.

bless you
Deborah
Deborah, how terrible! Lord we pray right now that you will intervene here and perform a miracle in this young woman's life. Father we pray that as they treat her and she moves toward recovery, that you preserve the full function of all of her other organs. We pray that you guide the hands and minds of the attenting medical personal to make all of the right choices. Comfort the family and give them strength and peace we pray. In Jesus precious name.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:49 AM   #94
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you so much.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:18 AM   #95
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelightningchic View Post
Deborah, how terrible! Lord we pray right now that you will intervene here and perform a miracle in this young woman's life. Father we pray that as they treat her and she moves toward recovery, that you preserve the full function of all of her other organs. We pray that you guide the hands and minds of the attenting medical personal to make all of the right choices. Comfort the family and give them strength and peace we pray. In Jesus precious name.

In Jesus' name I agree with Ellen's prayer. Lifting up Deborah this morning to you Lord I pray that you be with her and her family and cover her with your love, touch and comfort. You are the ultimate Doctor and Healer I pray she can be fully restored and thank you for allowing us to bring every prayer request to you and for always loving us. We praise your almighty name.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:46 AM   #96
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

bless you
Deborah
I am so sorry to hear about your niece, prayers on the way for her.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:18 AM   #97
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

bless you
Deborah
My heart goes out to your sweet niece, Amy, and to you as well. May the Lord keep His awesome powerful healing protective hands on her and give the doctors great skills and wisdom for her treatment. Asking the Lord to cover Amy and the family with His peace, love, mercy, goodness, kindness, strength, courage and peace.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:53 AM   #98

Quote:

bless you
Deborah
prayers for you and your niece. hope she can heal soon. Lord lift this family up today. They need you through this tough time.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:39 PM   #99
Pearl-ExPert

thank you all so much...

Amy update: she opened her eyes today and followed her moms movements and she also squeezed her mom's hand. However they feel she also noticed the breathing tube and didn't like it as her heart rate went way up as if she was agitated. So they are giving her meds to calm her down. They are not ready yet to remove the tube as they do not think she can handle breathing on her own. So one step forward one back. It is still minute by minute.

Her mom said she had been complaining she was tired before this happened. Everyone is tired these days so nobody paid attention. With her being so young she had no idea this could be a heart issue. So we all learned something.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:45 AM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Deborah, thanks for the update on Amy - may the Lord continue to keep His healing hands on her.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:46 AM   #101
Gabfest Goddess

Deb, praying for your niece, I pray that she receives the best care from the doctors and staff and pray that she can feel the comfort that only God can provide. I pray for wisdom for the doctors and staff that God will lead their thoughts and hands while working with your niece.

Thinking of you and praying for a full recovery.

Hugs,
Michele
Old 05-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #102
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for the update on Amy, hopefully the meds will calm her and she'll understand the tube is in her best interest. Praying that she will recover.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #103
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for Amy.

Joan
Old 05-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #104
Gabfest Goddess

Thinking and Praying for Amy this morning. May she continue to improve and may her family be encouraged by the progress. This is a tough situation, am praying for all involved.

How is Sara doing?

Hugs,
Michele
Old 05-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #105
Pearl-ExPert

Location: I don't know but wherever I am, I'VE GOTTA CUT BACK ON THE CAFFIENE!!!!!

I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy Girls, Well I finally made it home today after a long week and an even longer drive home all by myself. I've had severe headache pretty much since I left Thursday and doesnt seem to be letting up ATALL! I fear shunt malfunction but gonna try to hold out on seeing neuro until after June 1st when insurance kisks in.

Jimmy is enjoying his new job. They have had a rough 2 days. They broke down 60 miles east of Columbus day before yesterday and just got towed and fixed today and now they are at their next pick up point and fixing to haul it to Iowa. Tensions have been high due to the frustrations of being broke down so him and his trainer has bumped heads a few times but they seem to be playing nicce again now that they are moving once again.

I on the other hand have no motivation to do anything but lay in my own bed for a day or two or ten!!!

I havent had a moment to catch up on the thread so forgive me girls, I will do that as soon as possible.

Anywho, Im off for now, gonna eat something, take a pain pill and go to bed. Ive tried all the over the counter stuff and it just aint working so time to break out the big guns!

HUGS TO ALL,
Sara

No Matter How Hard your Situation, Try to Always remember that someone out there is always having a harder go of it than you!
Old 05-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hey there Sara, good to hear from you!!
Old 05-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #107
Pearl-ExPert

Location: I don't know but wherever I am, I'VE GOTTA CUT BACK ON THE CAFFIENE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Hey there Sara, good to hear from you!!
Hey CAT!

Likewise. I had a good visit with mama, bad weather most of the trip, and am very happy to be home!!!!! My headache just hasnt let up all friggin week long and so that made for a really crappy visit on my part but I managed pretty good I think making the dreaded 5 hour drive home all by my lonesome!

Missing my hubby BIG TIME!!!

No Matter How Hard your Situation, Try to Always remember that someone out there is always having a harder go of it than you!
Old 05-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #108
Pearl-ExPert

Would like to request an unspoken prayer request for mama. She is going through a very trying time right now and needs alot of prayers!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #109

Sending prayers for Ellen. Sorry your going through so much. Just know who you can always depend on when your in need.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #110
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
Sending prayers for Ellen. Sorry your going through so much. Just know who you can always depend on when your in need.
Thanks For That Nikki!!! I know mama will really appreciate that! She really does need alot of support right now!

Old 05-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #111
Pearl-ExPert

I watched Joyce Meyers last night and listened to her lessons on letting God take over every part of our lives. She used an example when she was out bowling one night...even bowling? she asked God. Yes, let me help you with that. He is an amazing God who cares about ALL things and ALL people! I need to remember that so much!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #112
Pearl-ExPert

Amy update: They have discovered half of her heart is dead so she will need a pacemaker. Without it she will not live. They also discovered a blood clot in her arm that they have to get rid of before any surgery. It is still going hour by hour, minute by minute. My sis in law is having a hard time with the news of the pacemaker. Please pray for Linda , Amy's mommy too. I don't know what she would do if she lost her daughter. She is her life.

thank you for your prayers
Old 05-06-2009, 02:51 AM   #113
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faristofthemall View Post
Would like to request an unspoken prayer request for mama. She is going through a very trying time right now and needs alot of prayers!
Definitely will be praying for her. Let her know that we love her!Denise
Old 05-06-2009, 02:53 AM   #114
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Amy update: They have discovered half of her heart is dead so she will need a pacemaker. Without it she will not live. They also discovered a blood clot in her arm that they have to get rid of before any surgery. It is still going hour by hour, minute by minute. My sis in law is having a hard time with the news of the pacemaker. Please pray for Linda , Amy's mommy too. I don't know what she would do if she lost her daughter. She is her life.

thank you for your prayers
So sorry to hear about Amy...may God give your family the strength to endure this difficult time(and he will)and give you all peace. Prayers are lifted up for all of you!Denise
Old 05-06-2009, 03:48 AM   #115
Gabfest Goddess

Lifting up Amy this morning, praying for progress with all aspects of her health and the clot and pacemaker. Praying for her family and those who come in contact with her praying she gets the support she needs.

Lifting up Ellen this morning praying for her situation, God knows every need and every situation praying for his intervention for Ellen, Amy, Sara and everyone who struggles on this thread.

May each and everyone of you be wrapped in God's love today, perfect love, comfort, peace healing and mercy.

Hugs,
Michele
Old 05-06-2009, 03:52 AM   #116
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via AIM to onelightningchic

Thanks Michelle, It is always good to know you are there. Doing OK. I am working hard to manage my stress right now and know that it is many times self induced by trying to be all things to all people! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Looks like rain here.
Lifting up Amy and her family this morning and praying for resolution of the obstacles to getting her back on the road to recovery.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:12 AM   #117
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Thanks Michelle, It is always good to know you are there. Doing OK. I am working hard to manage my stress right now and know that it is many times self induced by trying to be all things to all people! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Looks like rain here.
Lifting up Amy and her family this morning and praying for resolution of the obstacles to getting her back on the road to recovery.
I love you as a person, praying for the stress to reduce and I know what your saying. Praying for peace and restoration and remember all you ever have to be is what he created you to be!

Hugs,
Michele
Old 05-06-2009, 07:19 AM   #118
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faristofthemall View Post

Sara, please, please let your sweet wonderful mama, we are sending her our very best - trusting and believing in God's awesome love and goodness for her and you, too!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:20 AM   #119
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

My dear sweet Ellen, please, please take care of yourself - we love you!!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #120
Gabfest Goddess

Hi girls, just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Liftin' up each of you. God knows each person and each need and the bible says when we go to meet him we will know as much about him as he knows about us and that is pretty awesome because what a great close relationship!

Praying for each of you.

Hugs,
Michele