Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree308Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #4161
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy- I will definitely pray for you! God is there for you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #4162
Hardware Hotshot

Kathy, you are in my prayers!

~ Rita
Old 05-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #4163
Stazon Splitcoast

Secret to Happiness

Being a friend, one who empathizes and supports, is the first step in helping people discover the secret to your happiness—an intimate union with Jesus Christ, your Lord and Savior.

— from Catholic Update Guide to the New Evangelization
Old 05-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #4164
dlm
Kookie Creator

For 9 days, I prayed to St. Jude asking him to intercede on my behalf. I requested that my mother, DD, and I be granted peace of mind, body, and spirit so that we may cope with our emotional travails. Last night, I rang my SIL. I rarely speak with her about personal matters. She listened carefully and made some suggestions. At the end of our conversation, she prayed with me. At least for last night, I did feel a sense of peace. I did feel as if I were not alone; shouldering the burden of helping those who so desperately need my help. Thank you, St. Jude for hearing my prayer and guiding me to reach out to someone who cares. I will continue to pray to you asking for you to intercede on our behalf so that my mother and beloved DD may experience respite from their emotional pain, anguish, and loneliness and that I may have the strength to aid them in their time of need.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #4165
Proud Fan Club Member

My SIL is set to have her cancer surgery June 24. She will have to fly back to the cancer center again and my brother cannot go along so please pray that her mom will be able to go with her. It's a long way from home to be going it alone.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #4166
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm View Post
For 9 days, I prayed to St. Jude asking him to intercede on my behalf. I requested that my mother, DD, and I be granted peace of mind, body, and spirit so that we may cope with our emotional travails. Last night, I rang my SIL. I rarely speak with her about personal matters. She listened carefully and made some suggestions. At the end of our conversation, she prayed with me. At least for last night, I did feel a sense of peace. I did feel as if I were not alone; shouldering the burden of helping those who so desperately need my help. Thank you, St. Jude for hearing my prayer and guiding me to reach out to someone who cares. I will continue to pray to you asking for you to intercede on our behalf so that my mother and beloved DD may experience respite from their emotional pain, anguish, and loneliness and that I may have the strength to aid them in their time of need.

Grateful to the Lord for His loving grace over you...

Read this devotion today which was encouraging and thought to share

Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.
2 Peter 1:2
Know Your Commander In Chief

I once had a conversation with a medical doctor about spiritual warfare. She said to me, “When there is a condition in your body, you must know what the correct medical name for it is so that you can pray against it accurately.” Then, she told me somewhat smugly, “As someone who’s been in the army, you should know this: The most important military strategy is to know your enemy.”

I smiled at her and said, “Actually, I believe that the most important military strategy is not to know your enemy, but to know your commander in chief and his directives for you.”

My friend, do you know your commander in chief, Jesus Christ? The Bible tells us that unmerited favor and peace are multiplied in our lives through the knowledge of Jesus our Lord and God. So spend time at the feet of Jesus. See His grace and love toward you in His Word. This is how you experience more of His unmerited favor and shalom-peace. This is how you walk in total well-being and good success!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #4167
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
My SIL is set to have her cancer surgery June 24. She will have to fly back to the cancer center again and my brother cannot go along so please pray that her mom will be able to go with her. It's a long way from home to be going it alone.

Believing the Lord will cover your SIL with His loving protective grace and care as well as peace.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #4168
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please pray for this sweet courageous boy who continues to have surgeries to repair what cancer has done. Today's surgery was #57 and did not work out as well as expected.

This is from his CB site....

Prayers needed for Tyler

Goodness,Tyler is still in surgery but they came out said that they couldn't put his new jaw in. The skin was to thin and he had too much scar tissue; so they had to put a spacer in and he will come back in a couple months to have the jaw put in. What they put in now will basically make a space for the plate to go in. He is going to intensive care for a night and then in a room in the morning hopefully. This doctor said our stay here will be the same but Tyler's mom will ask doctor Rodriguez.

Please keep praying. he is still needing your prayers
It's a shame he has to go through all this again in a few months.

CaringBridge / Tyler Tucker / Welcome
Old 06-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #4169
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for Tyler.

My Dh is having shoulder surgery June 3rd at 10:00 AM. It has been a long time waiting for this to occur. he was injured in a fall at work on March 18th. He has been doing PT which obviously wasn't the solution. He is anxious as I am. Please send healing prayers.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #4170
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Praying for Tyler.

My Dh is having shoulder surgery June 3rd at 10:00 AM. It has been a long time waiting for this to occur. he was injured in a fall at work on March 18th. He has been doing PT which obviously wasn't the solution. He is anxious as I am. Please send healing prayers.

Joan, lifting your DH up to the Lord who is his Healer and protector. Trusting God to give all the medical staff great wisdom and skills before, during and after surgery. May you rest in God's loving comfort and peace knowing how very much He loves you and DH.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #4171
Hardware Hotshot

Joan, I've been praying for your husband.

~ Rita
Old 06-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #4172
Stazon Splitcoast

Dh's surgery is over. The shoulder was in much worse condition than thought. The tear was severe and there was a bone spur. He is in the hospital at least for over night. He is a diabetic. He looked pretty good. Surgeon told us he will be in pain so he needs to take meds. He will be out of work for at least 6 more weeks.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #4173
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Dh's surgery is over. The shoulder was in much worse condition than thought. The tear was severe and there was a bone spur. He is in the hospital at least for over night. He is a diabetic. He looked pretty good. Surgeon told us he will be in pain so he needs to take meds. He will be out of work for at least 6 more weeks.
He will probably need some physical therapy as the healing begins too. Praying for a good healing.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #4174
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Joan so very grateful to the Lord that surgery is over and trusting the healing will go a quickly.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #4175
Proud Fan Club Member

My SIL heads back to the cancer care center for her surgery tomorrow. I am riding along to take her to the airport. Keep her in prayer this week. I think surgery is scheduled for Wednesday.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #4176
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Kathy prayers for your sister in law and for your family.
smileyj and muscrat like this post.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #4177
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
My SIL heads back to the cancer care center for her surgery tomorrow. I am riding along to take her to the airport. Keep her in prayer this week. I think surgery is scheduled for Wednesday.

Kathy, may the Lord cover your SIL with His grace, healing protection, calming peace and loving mercy as He gives great skills, compassion and wisdom to all the medical staff.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #4178
Hardware Hotshot

Kathy, I'm praying that the Lord will abundantly bless and keep your sister-in-law as she faces this surgery.

Rita
Old 06-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #4179
Matboard Maniac

prayer request please.i came in august 2011 for my husband's caar wreck then i developed a blood clot that put me down.the praqyers were all answered but it has been a rough 2 years.i developed lymphodema in both my legs and then developed another blood clot.i am now going thru massage therapy to try to get the swelling of lymph fluid under control again.i tell myself there are people in lots worse shape but it was really getting me down.my husband was unable to return to work so he was signed up for disability and they gave no problem or delay with it so financially we are not plush but enough to live.i tell people cancer is giving me new kick after 28+ years since the lymphodema is from the lymph nodes that were removed then.please lift us in prayer and that i can feel more positive.
thanks
br3n
Old 06-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #4180
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
prayer request please.i came in august 2011 for my husband's caar wreck then i developed a blood clot that put me down.the praqyers were all answered but it has been a rough 2 years.i developed lymphodema in both my legs and then developed another blood clot.i am now going thru massage therapy to try to get the swelling of lymph fluid under control again.i tell myself there are people in lots worse shape but it was really getting me down.my husband was unable to return to work so he was signed up for disability and they gave no problem or delay with it so financially we are not plush but enough to live.i tell people cancer is giving me new kick after 28+ years since the lymphodema is from the lymph nodes that were removed then.please lift us in prayer and that i can feel more positive.
thanks
br3n
Sending much love, hugs, support and prayers - may the Lord cover you and your husband with His powerful healing protection. <3
Old 06-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #4181
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
thanks
br3n
I brought you and your husband before the Lord in prayer and am trusting that He will comfort and strengthen you both with His great love.

Hugs, Rita
Old 06-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #4182
Matboard Maniac

thanks for the prayers.it seems to have calmed me and i truly needed that.i think this has been my weakest feeling but pain is contributing to that and now maybe i can get more restful sleep and that will give me more strength so i can exercise more which will eventually help the pain.

hugs all
br3n
Old 06-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #4183
Stazon Splitcoast

br3n- I will say a pray for you and your DH. May God send healing and strength.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:45 AM   #4184
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just received this email from my sister. Please pray. Also she and all her children/grandchildren are leaving Sunday to vacation together.

Please pray for Ryan my grandson he is 8 years old and was shot in the eye with a air gun and has been through many things, please pray hard he will not lose or have eye problem in the future. This is so hard for my our family Tara and I feels helpless. Please say a prayer for Ryan. He went through some test and procedures today and will have one tomorrow.

God Please lay your hand down upon Ryan and let him be ok, he needs You now and dear Lord we know You are the only One that can reach down into the hands of those medical doctors and lead them in the right direction to heal him and Please let him be able to keep his sight. AMEN!!! Thanks so much for your prayers ♥
Old 06-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #4185
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- prayers being said as I type. God please send healing and peace to Ryan and his family.
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #4186
Hardware Hotshot

Caterina .... how awful that Ryan has had this injury! I am praying that the Lord will heal Ryan's eye and guide the medical team.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #4187
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Caterina- prayers being said as I type. God please send healing and peace to Ryan and his family.
Thank you, Joan!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #4188
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
Caterina .... how awful that Ryan has had this injury! I am praying that the Lord will heal Ryan's eye and guide the medical team.
Thank you Rita!
Old 06-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #4189
Matboard Maniac

prayers going up for healing for Ryan.also prayers for family also to ease stress and give guidance.
hugs br3n
Old 06-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #4190
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you God for hearing and answering prayers.

Also, my SIL came through surgery. They removed the kidney and she is resting. Don't know much more than that. They say 96% that its cancer. Praying that if it is they got it all.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #4191
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
prayers going up for healing for Ryan.also prayers for family also to ease stress and give guidance.
hugs br3n
Thanks so much!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #4192
Proud Fan Club Member

Update on my SIL. She had successful surgery for kidney removal at Cancer Care center. She was running a lowgrade fever, but is improving and they have discharged her from the hospital, although she can't come home until after she sees the doctor so she will probably be flying home on Wednesday.

I have a nasty cold/flu and feel horrible. Could use some prayers while I wait it out. DH had it all last week and I thought I had managed to slide by unscathed.....Wrong!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:15 AM   #4193
Hardware Hotshot

Kathy .... thank you for giving us the update on your SIL...so thankful that her surgery went so well! I'd like to make a card for her, if that sounds like something she would like.

I'm praying that you will soon be on the mend from that cold and flu!

Hugs, Rita
Old 07-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #4194
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Rita, for the prayers. SIL was grateful when I told her I had friends praying for her.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #4195
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

UPDATE ON RYAN - THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND PLEASE CONTINUE.

Good report. Bleeding gone. Bruising gone. Site to 20/35. Cornea still irritated. Can sleep laying down. Got rid of one eye drop and the other one is given every 8 hours rather then every 3 hours. Ry is doing well. We could get on a plane but I don't know if its worth it now. Stuff to wrap up at old house and things to do at your house.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #4196
Hardware Hotshot

So glad to hear that Ryan is improving .... thank the Lord!

~ Rita
Old 07-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #4197
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
So glad to hear that Ryan is improving .... thank the Lord!

~ Rita

The Lord is good!
Old 07-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #4198
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
The Lord is good!
The Lord is good....all the time.
All the time....the Lord is good.

That was a theme for a church year in our district a few years ago.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #4199
Proud Fan Club Member

UPDATE on SIL...she isn't feeling too good at the moment and my brother took her to the ER. She is back home but waiting to hear from the Cancer Care Center. I'm glad brother is off all next week, but praying they don't have to fly back down for this issue because she was supposed to go back in two weeks to have staples removed. Wish the center were closer.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #4200
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
UPDATE on SIL...she isn't feeling too good at the moment and my brother took her to the ER. She is back home but waiting to hear from the Cancer Care Center. I'm glad brother is off all next week, but praying they don't have to fly back down for this issue because she was supposed to go back in two weeks to have staples removed. Wish the center were closer.
Sending much loving prayer.
muscrat likes this post.