Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree312Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #4001
Rubber Obsessor

muscrat,

I am so sorry for your distress. I suffered a long time with depression before I finally found a psychiatrist and therapist. I also chose to use medicine for my depression. It has made the world of difference for me and I feel like it changed the quality of my life. I still use prayer for help during difficult times, but I feel God led me to a wonderful therapist and doctor and I availed myself of the medicine they suggested. I will be praying for you.

Hugs,
Mary : )
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #4002
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Can't do this on my own and having trouble concentrating enough to talk to God even. Panic/anxiety attacks are worse than physical ailments to me....

You will think I am an absolute nutcase. When the panic hits, I get shaky, diareah, pace the floor, my mind only thinks of the one thing that is stressing me and I cannot push it out, or if I do, it comes right back. Last night I couldn't even sleep in my bed. I got blankets and pillows and slept on the floor beside my bed! It's a tight space between the bedframe and the dresser. (Maybe my cocoon!)I put an eye mask on and earplugs in! I didn't sleep well, but I did get some sleep. I'm thinking I may have to discuss this with the doctor because they are severe when they hit, thankfully they don't come often. And everytime they come, it is over something normal, that most people just handle. My brain turns it into a catastrophe for a while. I sometimes get to the point where I think I will throw up. If I have to write anything down, my hands shake so bad you can't even read my writing! It is sooooo awful over stuff so simple. Please ask God to help me with these. I am thinking I could be of comfort to someone else but I need to get the comfort myself first.

My heart so breaks for you dealing with these horrid panic attacks. Had them most of my life from childhood and am extremely grateful to the Lord that He delivered me from them through the help of a wonderful therapist. I believe with all my heart that this is a wretched attack on you spiritually. Would strongly recommend that you do talk with a doctor as well as see a good Christian counselor.

May the Lord guide you to complete healing.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #4003
Gabfest Goddess

muscat, sorry to hear about your panic attack, sounds like a doosey of a one. The doctor could give you a small dose of Zananc (sp?) to try and calm you down when one hits, it's no fun for sure.
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 09-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #4004
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Muscat, ask your doctor about a medication that is used only when a severe panic attack occurs - it is called Niravam that is placed under the tongue. It immediately calms everything down.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #4005
Stazon Splitcoast

Muscrat- thinking of you! Please ask the dr for a med that has a more immediate effect. God please hold Muscrat in Your calming arms.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #4006
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you all. The doc wanted me to take Cymbalta, but like Zoloft and Paxil, they make me feel worse and worse and I end up with diarea and chest tightness and jaw tense...just horrible. So I know those types of meds won't help. I will ask about the meds Caterina mentioned. Most of the time, everything is fine. It's rare that they distress me like this, so I am fortunate. When this hits I can't even eat, and I know I need to eat so I try to find something (usually a banana) that will help me until I feel normal again. Thanks again for the prayers. I lost my prayer warrior a little over a year ago, so it helps to know someone is praying for me.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #4007
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Kathy prayers for you girly. sorry that you have these panic attacks. pray that you can get them under control. HUGS girly
Old 09-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #4008
Proud Fan Club Member

All prayers and hugs welcome!!! Thanks...
Old 09-24-2012, 04:24 AM   #4009
Matboard Maniac

muscrat, praying for you that you are able to get help for these , I know first hand how alful they can be, I am so thankful that after years of them I was able live a life without them, I truly belive it is with the help of the lord for showing me how , although I used to take meds for them I am now med free for over 2 years , hang in there were her to help you .
Old 09-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #4010
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you all for your concern and prayers. I am feeling much better today. A few weeks ago I had bought a book and study book, Battlefield of the Mind.....No coincidence that I pulled it out this morning and began my own study! And then as I began to work on letting go of the bad thoughts, and replacing them with God thoughts, the phone rang and the one issue that was playing over and over in my head had been solved! I SOOOO need to Praise God and remind myself daily that I need to let go and let God. It is much easier said than done, but God loved me so much he would have sent his son to die on the cross for just me....but he did it for us all. Thanks again to my prayer warriors.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #4011
Stazon Splitcoast

Muscrat- I am praying for God's intervention. My DH suffers from PTSD. I know how hard it is for him.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #4012
Rubber Obsessor

Hi all,
My niece Valerie (Kevin's youngest) had her first brain embolization procedure on Friday. They were able to "cutoff" blood flow to a very small area. The procedure went as to be expected. Since then, she has been recovering fairly well. Prayers are still needed as she has had 2 seizures, in the last 2 days. The next procedure is scheduled for Tuesday. This will be done on a much larger vein. I will continue to update. Thank you all for your many prayers and well wishes. God Bless!

Hugs,

Last edited by mawtx53; 09-24-2012 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: forgot name
Old 10-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #4013
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought this was encouraging and wanted to share..

Please watch all the way through... you will like it!!
Click here: The Empty Pickle Jar#.UDT3ooVruih.blogger
Old 10-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #4014
Stazon Splitcoast

I received some bad news today. One of my SIL's died. She was the wife of my brother that the family has a golf tournament in his honor. I am sad for their children and grandchildren. To lose both of your parents in a few yrs from cancer.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #4015
Pearl-ExPert

Praying for the many requests posted. Joan, so sorry to hear about your sil. Praying for their kids and for you.

Need prayer for a woman I work with. I'll just call her "D". D has two kids 10 & 13 and a husband. She and her husband have been doing nothing but fighting for years. It's turned into a miserable marriage. She & I only know each other a bit through the office - but most people here know I'm one of those weird Christians who actually believe in miracles and that I try to live out my faith. Someone told D to come talk to me. Her words were "all my friends are divorced, my parents are Catholic and no one in our family ever got a divorce - but both my friends and my family are telling me to get a divorce. I just want someone to give me a good reason NOT to get a divorce." Wow. What an opening. She and i have been talking and I gently nudged her into understanding that she could not fix her marriage - but she could work on her own attitude and God could fix things from there. She's been doing the Love Dare book and talking with me nearly every day. She had really bad weekend and is discouraged because she sees no response when she tries to love her husband. PLEASE pray that God would give her some encouragement and that she would receive a special touch from the Father this week - knowing that He cares for her and truly does hold her in the palm of His hand. Thank you.

Urgently Needed - Cards for Jayden
Old 10-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #4016
Proud Fan Club Member

Praying for these requests today! You ladies are awesome. Today I followed the Lord's leading and took a gift bag full of food goodies to an elderly neighbor man whose wife died about two months ago. He was outside when I stopped, which was an answer to prayers in itself, and he seemed genuinely happy. Not sure if it was the gift or the idea that he was thought of...either way, I'm many times full of good intentions and am grateful for God's nudge to me to see it through. PTL
Old 10-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #4017
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldumont999 View Post
Praying for the many requests posted. Joan, so sorry to hear about your sil. Praying for their kids and for you.

Need prayer for a woman I work with. I'll just call her "D". D has two kids 10 & 13 and a husband. She and her husband have been doing nothing but fighting for years. It's turned into a miserable marriage. She & I only know each other a bit through the office - but most people here know I'm one of those weird Christians who actually believe in miracles and that I try to live out my faith. Someone told D to come talk to me. Her words were "all my friends are divorced, my parents are Catholic and no one in our family ever got a divorce - but both my friends and my family are telling me to get a divorce. I just want someone to give me a good reason NOT to get a divorce." Wow. What an opening. She and i have been talking and I gently nudged her into understanding that she could not fix her marriage - but she could work on her own attitude and God could fix things from there. She's been doing the Love Dare book and talking with me nearly every day. She had really bad weekend and is discouraged because she sees no response when she tries to love her husband. PLEASE pray that God would give her some encouragement and that she would receive a special touch from the Father this week - knowing that He cares for her and truly does hold her in the palm of His hand. Thank you.
Louise, just saw this request and said a prayer for your coworker D. Praying along side of you for that miracle and that God will make himself real to her this week!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #4018
Stazon Splitcoast

Louise- praying for your co-worker. I find is so sad when someone is struggling.

Muscrat- How very kind of you!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #4019
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Louise- praying for your co-worker. I find is so sad when someone is struggling.

Muscrat- How very kind of you!
No credit to me. I'm still learning to listen when God speaks! Just thought if I shared, it might encourage others to hang in there and listen for that still small voice....
Old 10-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #4020
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldumont999 View Post

May the Lord truly intercede in this as only He can. <3
Old 10-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #4021
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Praying for these requests today! You ladies are awesome. Today I followed the Lord's leading and took a gift bag full of food goodies to an elderly neighbor man whose wife died about two months ago. He was outside when I stopped, which was an answer to prayers in itself, and he seemed genuinely happy. Not sure if it was the gift or the idea that he was thought of...either way, I'm many times full of good intentions and am grateful for God's nudge to me to see it through. PTL
How wonderful that you followed the Lord's gentle leading to minister to this man.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #4022
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Some encouragement....

You're In God's Care

The Lord is your Healer.
He cares for every detail of your life...
for every part of your body.
He made you and He knows you.
Every hair on your head is numbered.
His care for you is perfect and complete.
You are His child, and His love
for you is limitless.

May each day bring new strength, new hope, and a new knowledge of just how deeply you're loved and cared for.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #4023
Gabfest Goddess

I am just sitting here in tears - having an awful night with DH and DD and just asking prayers for peace for my DD I am at a place I don't even know what to do anymore - need prayer and people to stand with me for peace and emotional healing for both of us but also for DD's anger to give way and not have a hold on her anymore. . . Home life is just difficult and DH isn't helping anything seriously thinking of making him an EX -

Thank you for any and all prayer support
Old 10-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #4024
Proud Fan Club Member

Michele, standing with you in prayer....
Old 10-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #4025
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Michele, standing with you in prayer....
Thank you
Old 10-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #4026
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Thank you
Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze.....

And for tonight...

Proverbs 3:24
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down your sleep will be sweet.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #4027
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Prayers for all.

Michelle so sorry for what you and your daughter and husband are going through. wish there was something i could say that would help. but just know that i am thinking about you guys. hope the best for you all.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #4028
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I am just sitting here in tears - having an awful night with DH and DD and just asking prayers for peace for my DD I am at a place I don't even know what to do anymore - need prayer and people to stand with me for peace and emotional healing for both of us but also for DD's anger to give way and not have a hold on her anymore. . . Home life is just difficult and DH isn't helping anything seriously thinking of making him an EX -

Thank you for any and all prayer support

My heart hurts for you my dear friend and sending baskets of love, hugs and prayers. May the Lord surround all of you with His loving peace and comfort.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #4029
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Dear Michele. I am praying for you and yours. You are right to call on others to pray for you. You are not alone. Hang on to Him

Deuteronomy 31:8 It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.

Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of (the enemy), for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.

2 Corinthians 12:9 ...and then he told me, My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. (From the Msg)

Urgently Needed - Cards for Jayden
Old 10-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #4030
Gabfest Goddess

Thank you everyone especially for the prayers and scriptures
Old 10-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #4031
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Louise, thank you for those beautiful encouraging Scriptures. Nothing can heal like the powerful Word of God.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #4032
Inking Addict

Have not checked in for a long time. Too much to say as to what has been going on, but the short version is: my youngest son has been sick since last February, and now will need another surgery. Five months ago, we thought they solved the problem, but we have another one connected to the old problem. And he will need yet, another test, before they really know what is causing the problem.
I was told on Father's day weekend to call hospice in for my dad. They gave him six months to live, he went downhill so fast. The called me to the hospital one Sunday this past August. Told me he was getting worse. I told him he could go home--if that is what he wanted. I told him I would be with him, and I would take care of mom. It would be alright. He died approx. nine hours later, he finally slipped into a comfortable sleep from the morphine. I tried to get him last rites, but being a Sunday, the hospital clergy were all out, my church couldn't send anyone. I cried and prayed before he died that God would call him home, I cried and prayed after he died that he would be with God and in peace. I had to tell my mom as she walked into his room to see him, that he had passed away while she was on her way to the hospital. I beleive he did not want to put her through the difficutly of watching him die. He knew somehow, that I could handle it. But I am having a hard time not having my dad anymore. I am requesting prayers for my mom, she and dad were married 59 years, and she is having a very hard time. Not only from the emotional upheaval, but a financial one as well. She is slipping into a depression, I can see it, from all the worries she has with paying for the funeral, bills, and everyday things. I know prayer is a powerful thing, and I have requested prayers before, and they are heard. Could all of you pray for mom? That God sends her strength and patience. I know things will improve in time with the finances, but I worry about her and the emotional side of being without my dad.
Also, everyone had prayed for my friend's son, who was in a horrific MVA over a year ago. It was bad, they didn't expect him to live. The last update I gave was he was doing well. Well, he is still in rehab, but he is walking with a walker, speaking much, much better than a few months ago, can feed himself. Can move around in his wheelchair. The progress is constent, and he will go even further---and I beleive that is because he had so very many people praying for him. I beleive he is a miracle.
May God bless you all, and I will keep you all in my prayers tonight. Thank you, Meemaws girl
Old 10-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #4033
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemawsgirl View Post
Have not checked in for a long time. Too much to say as to what has been going on, but the short version is: my youngest son has been sick since last February, and now will need another surgery. Five months ago, we thought they solved the problem, but we have another one connected to the old problem. And he will need yet, another test, before they really know what is causing the problem.
I was told on Father's day weekend to call hospice in for my dad. They gave him six months to live, he went downhill so fast. The called me to the hospital one Sunday this past August. Told me he was getting worse. I told him he could go home--if that is what he wanted. I told him I would be with him, and I would take care of mom. It would be alright. He died approx. nine hours later, he finally slipped into a comfortable sleep from the morphine. I tried to get him last rites, but being a Sunday, the hospital clergy were all out, my church couldn't send anyone. I cried and prayed before he died that God would call him home, I cried and prayed after he died that he would be with God and in peace. I had to tell my mom as she walked into his room to see him, that he had passed away while she was on her way to the hospital. I beleive he did not want to put her through the difficutly of watching him die. He knew somehow, that I could handle it. But I am having a hard time not having my dad anymore. I am requesting prayers for my mom, she and dad were married 59 years, and she is having a very hard time. Not only from the emotional upheaval, but a financial one as well. She is slipping into a depression, I can see it, from all the worries she has with paying for the funeral, bills, and everyday things. I know prayer is a powerful thing, and I have requested prayers before, and they are heard. Could all of you pray for mom? That God sends her strength and patience. I know things will improve in time with the finances, but I worry about her and the emotional side of being without my dad.
Also, everyone had prayed for my friend's son, who was in a horrific MVA over a year ago. It was bad, they didn't expect him to live. The last update I gave was he was doing well. Well, he is still in rehab, but he is walking with a walker, speaking much, much better than a few months ago, can feed himself. Can move around in his wheelchair. The progress is constent, and he will go even further---and I beleive that is because he had so very many people praying for him. I beleive he is a miracle.
May God bless you all, and I will keep you all in my prayers tonight. Thank you, Meemaws girl

My heart truly goes out to you and please know that God is lovingly merciful especially during the most difficult of times.

No matter what your circumstances may be, you can find Joy in My presence. On some days Joy is generously strewn along your life-path... other days are overcast and gloomy... yet Joy is still attainable. Search for it as for hidden treasure.

Begin by remembering that I have created this day; it is not a chance occurrence. Recall that I am present with you... then, start talking with Me. Awareness of My marvelous Companionship can infuse Joy into the grayest day.

Sending much love and hugs. <3
Old 10-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #4034
Stazon Splitcoast

Meemaws girl- praying for your struggles. Just remember God is always right beside you!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:11 AM   #4035
Rubber Obsessor

Meemaws girl,

I will keep you in and your family and friends in my prayers. Be sure you are getting out to do some fun things. You have so much on your plate that you need to be sure to take care of yourself so you can take care of the others you love.

Many hugs,
Old 10-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #4036
Stazon Splitcoast

Stay On Course
If times of great stress become times when you let go of the things you truly value, you will find yourself adrift and heading for the rocks, like a ship without its anchor. In times of great stress, only your top priorities can have your time. Keeping the Lord's Day holy and putting God's time first will help you stay on course.

— from How the Ten Commandments Can Change Your Life
Old 10-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #4037
Inking Addict

Thank you everyone for keeping my family, friends and me in your prayers. I really appreicatie it. I spoke to my mom yesterday morning, and she told me she had a dream that my dad was hugging her very tight. I asked her, "did you feel less anxious when you got out of bed today?". She said that she did feel a little bit better. Prayers are a powerful thing. Today, I told my family, that we are just staying home today, and spending time with each other. I ran to the grocery store, to get dinner for Sunday, and some medicine for my yougest. Sunday my mom is coming for dinner, and we are all just going to spend some time together. Hope and pray everyone will have a good Sunday.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #4038
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for all!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #4039
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please pray for something that has just come up within our family. My husband just left to intervene in a very volatile situation. Thank you.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #4040
Stazon Splitcoast

prayers being said right now!

Take care!