Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #361
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

go back to work on Tuesday but school starts back on the 7th. But this year I dont have any kids so I will be the KITCHEN LADY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #362
Stazon Splitcoast

Well Nichole- another thing we have in common. I am a cashier/ cookie baker/coffee maker/ bagel sandwich maker and what ever else needs to be done. I work for a food service company at a 7-12 grade school.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Well Nichole- another thing we have in common. I am a cashier/ cookie baker/coffee maker/ bagel sandwich maker and what ever else needs to be done. I work for a food service company at a 7-12 grade school.
oh wow thats kool yeah i did that this summer too, i was hoping we would get some more kids for the private school but we didnt so i said that i would just hang out up front and cook. and i am Asst. Director as well so have office work duties as well.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #364
Glitter Guru

Nikki, hope you enjoy your las few days off, any good plans? Or is it relax until the craziness hits?
Old 07-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Nikki, hope you enjoy your las few days off, any good plans? Or is it relax until the craziness hits?
RELAX even though I am working on some swaps that are due SOON. forgot about them. Having to focus on my SCHOOL I have gotten behind in my swaps. but I will make it.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #366
Glitter Guru

Wishing you a great weekend! Enjoy it!
Old 07-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #367

Prayer request for MYSELF please. I have made a very difficult decision today and that was to quit my job. I was cut in hours, and the hours were not worth me traveling back and forth. I am hoping that I made a right decision in this. Just pray that I find another job. back at home in Chattanooga, and its going to be a good thing to spend more time with my dh wihich is something that we felt like was putting a strain on us both. But we came to an agreement in the begining about me working out of state and traveling, but I think this has happend for the best. Thanks for all your thougths and prayers. Prayers are going out for all you tonight as well.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #368
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Nichole, trusting the Lord will shower you with His peace as He puts everything in place to the right job. May God draw you closer to your dh as you draw closer to Him.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:27 AM   #369
Stampin' Fool

Location: Rockville, Maryland, near my family.... enjoying my grandkids!
Send a message via Yahoo to bsgstamps4fun

Niki, praying for your situation.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:44 AM   #370
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning dear friends, thinking of each of you and praying the Lord will meet your every need with His grace, peace, love and mercy.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior ..."
-- Isaiah 43:2-3

Old 07-28-2009, 06:16 AM   #371
Glitter Guru

Hi girls, Nikki, praying for peace with your situation and pray you can find something closer to home and take the time to re-connect with your DH. Your in thought and prayer.

To everyone I hope you have a blessed day and enjoy the beauty of the day that the creator has made.

Hugs,
Michele
Old 07-28-2009, 07:19 AM   #372
Stazon Splitcoast

Have a great day! I am trying to look on the bright side. I need to be more positive. It seems hard to find the silver lining. Praying more and more. Lifting everyone up especially those causing the pain.
Hugs to all!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:01 AM   #373
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
Prayer request for MYSELF please. I have made a very difficult decision today and that was to quit my job. I was cut in hours, and the hours were not worth me traveling back and forth. I am hoping that I made a right decision in this. Just pray that I find another job. back at home in Chattanooga, and its going to be a good thing to spend more time with my dh wihich is something that we felt like was putting a strain on us both. But we came to an agreement in the begining about me working out of state and traveling, but I think this has happend for the best. Thanks for all your thougths and prayers. Prayers are going out for all you tonight as well.

lots of prayers and cyber hugs to you girlie!love ya!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #374
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Have a great day! I am trying to look on the bright side. I need to be more positive. It seems hard to find the silver lining. Praying more and more. Lifting everyone up especially those causing the pain.
Hugs to all!

You have the right formula so hang in there, Joan.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #375
Glitter Guru

Ladies, thinking of all of you.

Joan, I am starting to feel some of your struggles through your different posts. Thinking about you! BTW, what is DS's favorite song? Does he have one? Trying to put together the thoughts from my head onto paper for his card.

Cat, how are you feeling?

Hugs to all,
Michele
Old 07-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #376
Stazon Splitcoast

Ryan loves classical music especially Mozart and Beethoven and plays the clarinet. He also loves jazz. Nothing in particular. Please don't fret over making him a birthday card. I just think it is great that some of you are willing to make him a 21st b-day card.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #377
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Ryan loves classical music especially Mozart and Beethoven and plays the clarinet. He also loves jazz. Nothing in particular. Please don't fret over making him a birthday card. I just think it is great that some of you are willing to make him a 21st b-day card.
Don't worry I am not fretting! Just looking for an idea. If I don't nail the music thing I will send a general birthday card.

Hugs,
Michele
Old 07-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #378
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Sounds great to me! he will be so surprised. He is a typical young man in that regards.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #379
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hey there dear friends, Reynold's computer has been in the shop for repairs so we had to share the MAC laptop.

Michele, doing okay for an old woman... thanks for asking.

Have a prayer request for a very sweet precious Cole child named Isaac. His mom was given horrific news a few months ago that nothing more can be done and Isaac has been doing well up til today. This little boy has taken a terrible turn for the worse. Please pray for Isaac and his family.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #380
Glitter Guru

Cat lifting up Isaac this evening. Father in heaven I lift up this precious child to you. I pray for healing and restoration to his body and pray for his family. I pray for a miracle and pray that this little boy doesn't have to suffer and pray for the Holy Spirit to touch his body and make him whole. I thank you Father for sending your son to die on the cross for each and everyone of us and for sending your spirit to be with us in difficult times. I thank you that for each good and perfect gift is from above and pray for healing for this child. IJN, amen.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #381
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Amen and amen to your prayer, Michele.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:16 PM   #382
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- I couldn't say it better than Michele. So I said her prayer.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #383

Thanks girls, it has been tough day today, but you know I feel like I have put the trust in the lord and handed it over to him, he knows my needs and he will help me through this.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:52 AM   #384
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just wanted to share this praise from Isaac's Caringbridge site!!! Thank you for your prayers... God is listening....

Do you believe in miracles?? We do. And we believe that we saw one last night. Isaac was so so sick. The hospice nurse was preparing us for the worst, she didn't think that Isaac's little heart could hold on. His fevers were 103 to 104, heartrate was above 180, breathing was raspy, oxygen levels were dropping, he was vomiting and crying in pain. We were so close to the end. We held a vigil by his side most of the night. His dad and siblings stayed so that they could be close when "it" happened, Grandma Manessa was here as well. Then at 9:30 am Isaac woke up, jumped out of bed, and has been playing ever since! He seems to have no memory of what happened last night and seems to be completely fine with no reminants of his illness last night. We are so happy and excited that we have another day to hold, love, and kiss him. We don't know what tipped the scales in our favor, it could have been a number of things. But whatever it was, we know it was a miracle. Isaac's hospice nurse was unable to explain what happened or why. The docs are stumped (again!) And we are still fighting. I think that we are more devoted to finding a cure for our boy than we even were before. Having him so close to death is enough for any parent to become even more dedicated to saving them. We were gung ho before, now we are obsessed. Thanks for all the prayers that everyone sent up for us, we could NOT have done this without them!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 03:03 AM   #385
Glitter Guru

THANK YOU FATHER!!!!!THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!THANK YOU HOLY SPIRIT!!!!!!!!!! What a mighty God we serve, What a mighty God we serve Angles bow before him heaven and earth adore him what a mighty God we serve!!!

Father I lift up to you Issac this morning, tears filled my eyes last night when praying for him and more tears flowed when reading this health praise report. Lord Jesus, I continue to pray for Issac and continue to ask for healing, miraculous healing I pray that he can live a full healthy life and that a miracle of healing could be upon him. You made the lame walk and the blind to see and lifted people from the dead. Lord I ask this kind of miracle for Issac. I ask for a complete total miracle Lord and I pray that when the miracle happens that everyone will know it was a gift and miracle from you. The bible says you are the great alpha and omega and a loving God who only wants the best for us, in faith Lord I humbly ask for healing for this boy. Your word says to bring our petitions to you and to cast our cares upon you. That is what we are doing for Issac, we are the body of Christ and through Christ comes healing and restoration and all things. Lord, I pray that Issac can rise and fly on eagles wings and that his life be spared. In Jesus name I ask these things and thank you for all that you do. Your love is endless and your mercy and grace is what gets us through. Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

—Psalm 103:1-5

Thank you, IJN, amen.

Last edited by redwood17; 07-29-2009 at 03:18 AM..
Old 07-29-2009, 05:22 AM   #386
Stampin' Fool

Amen and Praise be to God for His wonderous deeds!

I have a request this morning for my daughter Sue's health today. She suffers from severe migrains and I see that a large weather area of storms etc. is headed up the coast from NC to NY today and tonight. This almost always triggers her migrains so I am asking for intervention to keep them away because she and the kids have to leave for Norfolk around 4 in the morning to meet Sam when he returns from a 4 mos. deployment tomorrow. They are planning an overnight stay tomorrow night for a rare mini vacation so they can see some of the area there and the Navy's ceremonies that will be held on the ship's return to port....not sure what that means... In any case, all prayers will be greatfully appreciated.
Praying for all needs this morning that God will bring peace of mind and comfort to those who are suffering in mind or body. Hugs and blessings to all of you dear friends.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:31 AM   #387
Glitter Guru

Barb, lifting up your daughter this morning. Lord we lift up Barb's daughter I ask that she can be feeling great for this upcoming trip. I pray that she does not feel the effects of the weather and the storm, I pray that for her she feels like nothing is happening with the weather, we thank you and praise you for all that you do for us and allow us to come to you openly. Thank you Jesus, and I pray that Barb's daughter will feel your presence and know that this is your hand allowing for beautiful migraine free days. IJN, Amen
Old 07-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #388
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- May God be praised. I got goose bumps.
Barb- praying for your daughter. She needs to be feeling well to have a great time with her family.
Ladies, Someday, when I have a long time to type. I would like to tell you the story of Ryan's hospital stay after back surgery. If you would like to hear it, please remind me. Just hearing about Isaac brought it back.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:05 AM   #389
Glitter Guru

Good morning ladies,

Barb it looks like today will be a nice day, hoping and praying that DD is feeling well.

Cat, any updates on Issac - boy has been on my heart. Praying for him.

Any updates on Sara?

Nikki, hope you are doing well and enjoying your time with DH and praying you find a job closer to home.

Ellen, how are you? Thinking of you!

Hugs to all,
Michele
Old 07-30-2009, 03:18 AM   #390
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning dear friends, thinking of each of you and sending my best hugs and prayers to you.

Michele, no new posts about Isaac but am so very grateful for all the prayers.

Ellen, miss you and hope all is going well with you and Sara.

Barb, hope all is going as well as possible with you.

Nikki, praying you are hanging in there about your situation.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:03 AM   #391
Stazon Splitcoast

Ditto to Caterina and Michele's posts.
Have a good Thursday! Praying for everyone's needs.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:18 AM   #392
Stampin' Fool

Sorry I haven't updated about Susan. While she didn't get the migraine, she came down with some kind of virus Tues. night...body aches, nausea, high fever, cough & congestion. Stayed in bed as much as possible hoping it wouldn't last...no such luck! She managed to drive to Norfolk yesterday to meet Sam's ship. Called this morning to say she is no better, could hardly talk. They are headed back today, she'll probably have to go to Bethesda Naval's ER tonight or tomorrow if this continues. I am concerned to say the least with the prevalence of Swine Flu and Lyme disease in this area. Please continue to pray for her. They didn't see a dr. on the base for fear of her being hospitalized there and not here. She feels worse knowing that all of this has put a damper on the homecoming for Sam.

Hope things are better with all of you, praying for everyone's needs.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:45 AM   #393
Glitter Guru

Dear Heavenly Father, I lift up Susan to you now Lord. I ask that she be protected by your healing hands and surrounded by you. I pray that she will feel better and get to enjoy the time with her DH. I thank you Lord for Barb and her family and I pray for peace, comfort and wisdom for Barb in all things that she does. I pray for your peace and love to surround her as she tries her best to do for so many around her. I pray her daughter feels your comfort and knows that you are with her at all times. Thank you father for sending your son, we love you and thank you for all you do. IJN, amen.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:21 AM   #394
Stampin' Fool

Michele, thank you for your prayer and for thinking about me as well. I am torn in so many directions with concern for Susan's health and her family's well being as well as dealing with Ed's health issues. We are waiting for the results of his prostate biopsy and I am trusting the Lord for good results. Yesterday's blood work showed way too high blood sugar which he has taken meds for but doesn't watch his diet. I can control what I feed him but not all the goodies he buys himself. Sorry, just venting here a little.
In any case, I truly appreciate the concern for my well being also. You all are such wonderful sisters in Christ.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:26 AM   #395
Stazon Splitcoast

Barb- my dh is a diabetic. He eats whatever he wants. Some days he realizes that he has had to many carbs and cuts down. His attitude changes for the worse. I was wondering about Ed. I wish the update on Susan was better. I am praying for your whole family. I am sure that Sam is just happy to be home and see them.
Hugs to all!
Old 07-31-2009, 08:52 AM   #396
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Barb, may the Lord truly intervene in a major way for you and all your family!!

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior ..."
-- Isaiah 43:2-3

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ *GOD LOVES YOU* ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Old 07-31-2009, 03:07 PM   #397
Glitter Guru

Beautiful Cat!!! You are such a great bible resource. Any news on Issac?

Barb, thinking of you and your family.

Joan, praying for DS. I got off a card today.

Hugs,
Michele
Old 07-31-2009, 04:00 PM   #398
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

No additional news on Isaac but that usually means things are going well.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:39 PM   #399
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele- Thanks for the prayers for DS and sending him a B-day card. I can't wait to hear his response to them!
Caterina- That's for the scripture!
Old 08-02-2009, 04:07 AM   #400
Glitter Guru

Hi Ladies, asking for sme prayer for myself have had a migraine all through the night. I feel awful.