Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2005, 11:42 AM   #1
Pearl-ExPert

Default My friend is moving

I just got off the phone with my friend and she told me that they are moving. Away. Far away. I don't have that many friends to begin with and she is one of my few artsy fartsy unschooling liberal-minded friends. Not only that but three of her kids are my kids' ages, so they too are losing their friends. My middle dd's best friend is her dd!! She's one of those people who you just mesh with. You have a connection. YOu go over to drop something (or someone) off and you end up having a cup of tea and then chatting and then another cup of tea and then you suddenly realize that it is 5:00 and you missed getting to the post office and the bank, but you don't care because the time you spent with your friend was so relaxing and healthy.

It's so hard to find someone who is so much like yourself that you don't have to ask a lot of questions to get to know them.

Docorate of De-Edumacation, Lawd, How *** granted by Rainsong

"What's life if not doing things for other people?" Martin Gray

Eesay ymay allerygay !

ymay amperedpay efchay usinessbay
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-28-2005, 02:00 PM   #2
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I'm sorry to hear that you are losing your friend. I hope your kids will be okay.

I haven't had to deal with this yet so I can only imagine what you are feeling. My best friend has been talking about retiring to her daughter's area. That is only a couple of hours away but the thought just kills me.

My thoughts are with you and your kids and I wish I could come and give you a big ole Southern BLESS YOUR HEART "Granny Hug".
Old 06-28-2005, 06:00 PM   #3
Mad Swapper

That's not happy news. My family moved to another state when I was 13 and I thought it was the most horrible thing that could ever happen. My girlfriends had a surprise party for me and gave me a charm bracelet - each of them had engraved their name on round discs. 44 years later I still love to get it out and think about where all those girls are now. I'm now at the age that, like Connie, my friends are retiring and some are moving to better climates, retirement communities or where their children are. It sucks just as much now as when I was 13! The kids will be ok and I know you will too. but it still stinks!

My gallery
Old 06-28-2005, 06:22 PM   #4
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I moved away once for my then DH's job transfer. When we were ready to leave I could not find the cat. We had to go There was no way we could take the time to look for him.

A few hours after we arrived my good(but not best) friend and her family showed up with the cat.

Turns out she had hidden him so she would have an excuse to see me one more time. LOL

Neither DH was amused by this.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:55 PM   #5
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Post my friend is moving

Now that's my kind of friend...Actually it sounds like something my youngest daughter and her friends might have done.... Moving can be beneficial , but leaving a friend behind is so very hard... hope you can try to stay in touch...at least you can send her cards and mini albums... right???
Old 07-01-2005, 10:53 PM   #6
Inking Addict

I am going through the same thing right now. My best friend is moving to Phoenix and I am so upset. Another friend suggested I buy 2 charm bracelets and give one to her and on various occasions send her a charm to add to it and she can do the same. She suggested getting ones that have special meanings to both of us and then writing a letter to accompany it. I thought this was a wonderful idea...
Old 07-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #7
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Michelle,

I REALLY feel for you. I have moved several times. First I willingly left my home town to go to Atlanta. Then I left there to marry my DH and live in south Florida. Left a lot of really good friends in Atlanta. The DH and I moved out here. More friends in FL.

Then out here, my best friend moved back to Connecticut four years ago! That's where I would go and sit and have coffee and chat.... it left such an empty spot. We have practically lost tough because she does NOT use a computer.

Most of my other friends, email and IM and we stay close. Also family.

But it's not the same.

So, (((((Hugs))))) to you.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Old 07-02-2005, 11:50 AM   #8
Stampin' Fool

The great thing about great friends is you can always pick up where you left off. They may be far away but the telephone letters and cards can keep you close until you see each other. And when you do see each other you will be as close as the last time you saw her.
I have a lot of friends, some I see a lot some not so often. But the ones I see less often are not any less dear to me.

Old 07-02-2005, 01:42 PM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to SellsBskts Send a message via Yahoo to SellsBskts

I just had a friend move. It is so hard. My thoughts are with you. She has already called me 3 times. She is moving to Pensicola (sp). I wish I had some wise words. We are from a military background. It is always difficult when friends leave. BUT, there are some that hurt far more than others. I will keep you in my thoughts!
Old 07-02-2005, 01:55 PM   #10
The Digi-Freak

I'm so sorry!!! My best best friend moved here in April and is moving away in August BEYOND DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!

It STINKS, doesn't it???