Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
Crimping Master

Default Marriage trouble

hey, scs friends. it seems like some time ago someone started a thread for divorce support thread. can't find it. anyway, i'm once again contemplating how i can stay in my marriage. i've been unhappy for much of our marriage. been to counseling- together as well as alone- but he doesn't see a problem. so he doesn't see anything to change. i guess i'm just venting. we technically get along but there is no communication at all and we're basically roommates. i've stayed because of our 3 children and our financial situation, but it's really only a matter of time before i end it. he's a good guy and a great dad, and i sure have tried to make it work, but it's never going to get better. guess i could use some prayers/support today!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-08-2014, 08:31 AM   #2
Crimping Master

Sending prayers. Getting a divorce is never easy. I got one 37 years ago, when my daughter was only 3. I also buried two sons during this time, and it was an awlful time in my life.

But I now realize that getting a divorce was the best thing for all parties concerned. I remarried 15 years ago, after being divorce 22 years, at the age of 42. Of course my ex is on wife #11!!!LOL (I believe, since I have lost count!!!)

If you need anyone to vent too, I am a very good listener.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #3
Crimping Master

thank you for your kind words. i am so very sorry for your loss. what a horrible thing to have to go through. and 11?! why would anyone want to be someone's 11th wife?

i feel so guilty. my son is a senior in high school. i don't want his last year (and older daughter's next to last year) marred by a divorce. there's never a good time, though, is there? i am sooooo tired of being married to someone i can't communicate with!
Old 09-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #4
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranfan View Post
thank you for your kind words. i am so very sorry for your loss. what a horrible thing to have to go through. and 11?! why would anyone want to be someone's 11th wife?

i feel so guilty. my son is a senior in high school. i don't want his last year (and older daughter's next to last year) marred by a divorce. there's never a good time, though, is there? i am sooooo tired of being married to someone i can't communicate with!
I am sure that your kids understand more than you think they do. Kids are very smart and normally pick up on things faster than us adults do. If you decide to get a divorce, you and your husband need to sit down with the kids and just explain that is the best thing for all concern. And that this is in no way the kids fault at all.

My daughter when she got in first grade and realized that her dad didn't live with her like the other kids father, she thought it was something that she had done.

My ex has a big problem where women are concern. I had a couple of his ex's tell me that they thought they could fix him!!!LOL

He actually was a good father, but a horrible husband as his track record shows.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:05 PM   #5
Kookie Creator

I know that staying in a difficult relationship is very hard on each of your. I am keeping you in my prayers so you make the decision that is right for you.

I got divorced when my children for 6 and 8. It was a difficult divorce and my ex remarried and has a couple more children. It was good for him and although I never remarried, I never regretted my choice to get the divorce.

I like my ex much better as an ex than I ever did as my husband.

You will be in my thoughts... same thing as mentioned ..... if you ever need to chat, or email... I'm available too.

Kat