Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via MSN to CraftMomm Send a message via Yahoo to CraftMomm
Default I'm so mad I could cuss like a sailor

A little history. My husband is in end stage kidney failure and on home peritoneal dialysis. We drive three hours away once a month for "clinicals" to see how he is doing and get what we need and so forth. This has all happened to us since December of 2008 so it's been a pretty fast ride and our dialysis nurse is the best person in the world.

I called Baxter today, our dialysis supply company, with Dave's monthly order. Last month I asked about getting some skin prep because the paper tape will not stick when I need to bandage his port site and the other tapes eat his skin, the gal says I have not heard back from his nurse yet, I was like okay that is weird.

Checked my email because I had not gotten an answer back on an email I sent her a few weeks ago, figured she was busy, she's rather strung out at work, never thought anything of it.

So I picked up the phone and called her cell phone, ask her if she is okay, she says yeah they fired me the day after clinic last month. I was like WTH!!!!!!!! She is five classes away from getting her RN and they told her they would not wait for her anymore so they were firing her. Conveniently one of the supervisors friends needed a job and she had our nurses job the next day. I'm so mad I could spit nails.

Now what do we do? Keep going to that doctor because we like him
and his brother or try to find another nephrologist because they did our nurse wrong.

how do you fire someone five classes away from their RN? obviously because
someones friend needs a job!!!

Imagine this one, they are not going to fight her on unemployment lol good choice there Sherlock, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. And they told her that if she were "professional" they would give her her PTO that she earned.

BLAH I'm so mad.thank you for listening I needed this.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
Embossing Fanatic

You are welcome. We all need to vent!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!