Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default I'm broke, cat needs surgery and hubby mad

My cat has infected area near her tail and she needs surgery this week. This is a serious problem and wont heal on it's own. I had another cat with same problem. I was planning on paying bills with the money I have in bank. My husband said get rid of the cat. I have no idea how much surgery will be. I only have enough money to pay vet bill not my bills. My bills will have to wait til March 1. I hate being late on bills. My husband is mad and he won't help with my bills or vet bill. I live in small city and vet doesn't take credit card. But I dont have one. He has become self fish lately. I helped him with gas money. But I'm to pay this vet bill myself. I'm frustrated.

Last edited by STYXROCKSME; 02-26-2013 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: added more info
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
Die Cut Diva

Maybe try to work out a payment plan with the vet? There's also Care Credit, which a lot of vets take. Good luck!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I know this must be difficult for you and I'm sorry for your frustration. Did the vet tell you she must have the surgery this week or is that what you are assuming? Also most infections can be brought under control with antibiotics.
We have a sweet old dog (15 years old) that should have surgery to fix damage to her ear caused by an ongoing infection. However the surgery will cost us in excess of $3,000 and we just don't have it. Antibiotics help minimize the infectious bacteria so every couple of months we give her a round of the antibiotics. We've been doing this for a year and have only spent $300. She has horrible arthritis that makes it extremely difficult for her to walk and we will probably be putting her down in the next couple of months which is one reason we can't justify spending so much money on surgery for her as much as we love her.

IMO you need to make paying your bills a priority. It takes far longer to catch up on bills when you pay them late.
Maybe you can offer to do some odd jobs for people to supplement your regular paycheck.

May I ask what caused the infection? It is odd that this is the second cat with the same issue.

Anyhow, HUGS to you and i hope that you can get it resolved in a timely manner.

PS Could you possibly take the cat to another vet in a neighboring town that might work with you on a payment plan or is there a shelter that you could work with to get the surgery done at a lower cost? They often contract with vets that are willing to do surgeries at a lower rate than most vet clinics.

MY JEWELRY: http://www.creativeeclectica.com/

210(200)(189) and counting...DOWN
Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
Compulsive Stamper

May cost extra money but a second opinion might be best. We had a dog that itched all the time. The Vet thought he was allergic to his food and we tried different kinds. He wanted us to feed him only green beans then add other foods gradually. He hated veggies. I took him to another Vet who said that his breed is highly allergic to fleas. I dosed him with extra flea medicine, sprayed the house and dosed the other animals in the house. As long as I kept up on his medicine, he didn't itch but if I didn't, he would drive you crazy with his scratching.