Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
Rubber Obsessor

Default I had to say goodbye to my dog.................

I had to say goodbye to my dog, last night and I am not coping too well. I miss her so much.

My daughter wants another one, I just cannot, but she won't hear of it and it is really upsetting me. I had to walk out of the room, her pestering got so bad.

Not sure how to get it through to her that, it is not a good idea.

Any advice would be gratefully received

Barbara

Last edited by BarbaraNI; 12-11-2012 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: Spelling error
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
Matboard Maniac

My heart goes out to you..... I just saw your posting today. I have two little dogs and they are such a part of my family. It really hurts when we have to say good bye to them. Sending [[[[[[ hugs]]]]] to you today.
Carol.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Cardstock Collector

Barbara, I am so sorry you had to part with your sweet dog. I was devastated when we had to put our dog down about four and a half years ago. She was my first dog and she was a part of our family for 12 years. After waiting about a year we decided to get another border collie. There was a big hole in our hearts yearning to love another puppy by then. I wasn't sure if I could ever love another dog as much, but our little girl is the love of our lives. She isn't the same as our first dog, but she is loved just as much. We are so blessed we decided to get another puppy. Give yourself some time to heal and I'm sure you'll be ready to love another little puppy who wants to love you as much as you want to love him/her. Not a replacement, but a different part of your heart. I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers. God Bless You.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
Watercolor Wizard

I have lost beloved pets, too, cats and dogs. It is a sad time for a family, and you have my deep sympathy.

Everyone grieves in their own way, I know.

Here is something to think about: We had a friend who lost his wife after many, many happy years of marriage. Some folks were upset when he remarried more quickly than they thought he should.

My hubby said this: If you think about it, it's really a great tribute to the wife he lost. Obviously, he loved being married, and was so happy with her for all those years. The fact that he wanted to remarry so soon tells you that he wanted to be happy like that again. Of course, beloved people and pets are not replaceable, but the good feelings can be felt again.

Recently we had to put our 17-year old sweet toy poodle to sleep. I got a new poodle puppy within a week. She is black just like her predecessor. We are having much fun re-living the puppy days that we so enjoyed with our longtime sweet poodle.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama