Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart HURRICANE HELP: Helping a Card Maker/Scrapper who lost everything in the Hurricane

I am reaching out to ask for your help...

My cousin has lost the entire contents of her home....inclusive of the contents of her craft room...... in the hurricane....her home was in one of the hardest hit areas of Staten island...a few blocks from the beach.
She was literally rescued from her home that was filled with 3 floors of water...30 ft high...being left only with the clothing that she was wearing...

She is a stamper...card maker..and scrapbooker...

I have also lost a lot my own supplies and materials when the hurricane flooded 6 feet of water into our home...and filled our three vehicles with water as well........(my van was packed with three totes and a few bins of my own supplies for a workshop I had planned)...
still.....I've been able to gather up some supplies to give to my cousin to get her started again......

I wish i could replenish everything for her...but so much of my own stash was lost in the flood...so I don't have as much to share...as I wish I could...
and so..I am posting this here..asking for your help...

My goal is to have a craft room filled with supplies..for her...by the time her home rebuild is complete......hopefully, 5...6...7 months from now...

I knew that she had lost the contents of her home...completely...but it never dawned on me that the crafting room contents were also lost......whenever we've chatted...we've been so consumed with comparing hurricane notes....talking about our houses.....damages...losses...FEMA..insurance company issues...losing all of our vehicles etc..we never talked about our crafting.

I just spoke with her on the phone a few minutes ago...and I know now.. that she is missing being able to create...at my aunts home...where she is staying, until her own home is rebuilt.

If you would like to do a cleanout...and send a donation of unwanted..unused..or duplicate items that you may have...please comment below....or email me at LovesStampin@aol.com for her address.

Thank you.

Michelle.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!