Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2007, 06:19 PM   #201
Glitter Queen

Thanks for the advice. I've been stamping since the fall and just found your site recently (I guess it's our site now). I love the inspiration and will get up my nerve to upload a card to the gallery soon.

CR
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #202
Glitter Guru

Jami,
Thanks for the info on SoCal site. I am new so it is taking me a bit longer than I would like to find my way around. Who do I "talk" to about the Micro-Mini Manias?
TIA
Old 06-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #203
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkin View Post
Jami,
Thanks for the info on SoCal site. I am new so it is taking me a bit longer than I would like to find my way around. Who do I "talk" to about the Micro-Mini Manias?
TIA

Click on this link
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...51#post6035251
and it will take you to the SoCal chat thread. Post a message there that you are interested. btw -what is your name? You might want to add a signature line with your name or type it when you post.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #204
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8tydid View Post
Thanks for the advice. I've been stamping since the fall and just found your site recently (I guess it's our site now). I love the inspiration and will get up my nerve to upload a card to the gallery soon.

CR

Welcome! You might want to jump in and play some of the daily challenges. Go to the Home Page and you will see links on the right side of the page. That's a great way to start uploading!

Old 06-07-2007, 01:22 PM   #205
Cardstock Collector

This is very kind of you to post this.
You've made me feel very welcome and a little less daunted. Thank you.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:52 AM   #206
Pearl-ExPert

Default thank you !!

your intro was very helpful - I shall proceed to do as you instruct!!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #207
Inking Addict

What a great thread!
Old 06-15-2007, 04:33 PM   #208
Cardstock Collector

Default Thanks for a friendly welcome!

Jami
I had to reset my password and finally succeeded today. I do seem to have trouble with this process. When I make a friend I hope that I can find her again. I am really excited about this site and hope to learn quickly. You gave great advice. Unfortunatly it can be so easy for someone to feel left out. So if someone is reading this and feels left out reply and I will try to get back to you. It will be a lot of fun. This site is so large maybe a new blogger can help.

Looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can .
Old 06-15-2007, 08:09 PM   #209
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to stampmouse

always good info
Old 06-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #210
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi everyone, I read some of the posts in here and I think you are exceptional people. I would like to have a lot of friends here.
A little bit about me: My name is Giovana, I am from Peru, 34 years old. I started making cards as a joke and now I love it. I don't have a lot of staff but I make cards with the few things I have, hehehe.
I am married almost 5 years next month. I have a little daughter, her name is Rebecca (3 y.o) and she keeps me busy all day. I am a stayed at home mom but I really want to get a job.
I check some blogs and album and you ladies make beautiful cards, I hope one day make cards as you do.

I will try to post some of the cards I made.
Have a great day
giogio (Giovana)
Old 06-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #211
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by giogio View Post
Hi everyone, I read some of the posts in here and I think you are exceptional people. I would like to have a lot of friends here.
A little bit about me: My name is Giovana, I am from Peru, 34 years old. I started making cards as a joke and now I love it. I don't have a lot of staff but I make cards with the few things I have, hehehe.
I am married almost 5 years next month. I have a little daughter, her name is Rebecca (3 y.o) and she keeps me busy all day. I am a stayed at home mom but I really want to get a job.
I check some blogs and album and you ladies make beautiful cards, I hope one day make cards as you do.

Have a great day
giogio (Giovana)
Welcome, Giovana!
Well, if you want to make some great stamping friends, then you came to the right place! There are so many wonderful and very helpful people here. Before long you will be "recognizing" people around here and chatting away with them. Just keep posting as you move around and know that all you have to do is ask and I am sure there will be many to help you with any questions you might need answered. You will find such wonderful examples and be inspired by the beautiful work in the galleries, so I am sure you'll be creating lots of gorgeous things to put in your own gallery real soon.
Again, welcome to SCS- have fun!!!
Design Team Member for Scrap Your Crap
Old 06-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #212
Glitter Guru

Hi Giovana.

sarahstampart~~~ditto !!
Old 06-17-2007, 06:02 AM   #213
Postapalooza Mama

Send a message via AIM to maryp Send a message via Yahoo to maryp

Quote:

Have a great day
giogio (Giovana)

Welcome, Giovana!

What Sarah (Hi, Sarah!) said!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:30 AM   #214
Glitter Queen

Thank you. this was very helpful.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #215
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Have a great day
giogio (Giovana)
Hi Giovana
It's good to meet you. I am also a stay at home mom needing to get a job. I just try to remember that it will happen in Gods time. Enjoy Rebecca's company for now. I have a six year old boy and we really enjoy each others company. I want to get some cards posted soon but I am still figuring out how to use the blogs. Have a great time making cards, I do.
A new Friend
Kim
Old 06-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #216

Thank you everyone for your replies. I like to read you all.
I forgot to mention I live in Washington State. Somebody from WA in this group???
I have made some baby cards today but I am completely lost how to post in here, I will try later.

Hugs
Giovana
Old 06-21-2007, 06:18 AM   #217
Cardstock Collector

Lightbulb

Quote:
I forgot to mention I live in Washington State. Somebody from WA in this group???
I have made some baby cards today but I am completely lost how to post in here, I will try later.

Hugs
Giovana
Hi Giovana

I haven't made any baby cards yet. I have a few ideas. I have been trying to make some cards for a realistate agent friend of mine and I just mailed off some cards on a swap that was fun. I live in Missouri. I have been to Seattle and the Space needle before. That was seven years ago when I was pregnant with my six year old. I had a great time. I haven't figured out the gallery and posting thing very well either. Maybe we can learn together.

Talk to you later
Kim
Old 06-21-2007, 06:33 PM   #218

Hi Kim, I live almost 3 hours away from Seattle, in a very country town (I love it), last week we went to Seattle and it was a nightmare, too many people, nowhere to park and too crazy for a country girl hahaha, my daughter spent most of her time sleeping but I was ready to say come back home.
I think it was the first time my daughter saw a big crowd. She says she is a "cowgirl" and she loves animals. My neighbors have horses, cows and also here we have bunnies and birds everywhere. We have a little bird nesting in our yard, yessss on the ground, today I had to satisfy my curiosity and I went to see if some little birds were there and mom bird almost attacked me, I was very scared and came back inside, not good experience.

I have to take pictures of my baby cards and then try to post them here. (I hope I can)

Have a great night
Giovana
Old 06-23-2007, 05:34 PM   #219
Cardstock Collector

Jamie, you sound like a very bright, sensitive, wonderful human being. I am proud to become one of your followers and will use your wise advice to strenghthen my SCS relationships. Thanks so much, Caryl
Old 06-24-2007, 06:54 AM   #220
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtdove123 View Post
Jamie, you sound like a very bright, sensitive, wonderful human being. I am proud to become one of your followers and will use your wise advice to strenghthen my SCS relationships. Thanks so much, Caryl

Thanks.

Enjoy SCS!!!

Old 06-24-2007, 06:57 AM   #221
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Hugs
Giovana

There are quite a few SCSers from Washington. There was a big SCS gathering just a couple of months ago I think.

Oh looks like they are planning another - check out this thread
PNW Stampapalooza...UPDATED!!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:46 PM   #222
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Hi Kim, I live almost 3 hours away from Seattle, in a very country town (I love it), last week we went to Seattle and it was a nightmare, too many people, nowhere to park and too crazy for a country girl hahaha, my daughter spent most of her time sleeping but I was ready to say come back home.
I think it was the first time my daughter saw a big crowd. She says she is a "cowgirl" and she loves animals. My neighbors have horses, cows and also here we have bunnies and birds everywhere. We have a little bird nesting in our yard, yessss on the ground, today I had to satisfy my curiosity and I went to see if some little birds were there and mom bird almost attacked me, I was very scared and came back inside, not good experience.

I have to take pictures of my baby cards and then try to post them here. (I hope I can)

Have a great night
Giovana
Hi Giovana
I thoutht I sent you another bolg. I don't see it here. I hope things are great for you.
Kim
Old 06-28-2007, 09:40 AM   #223
Cardstock Collector

Red face Newbie

Thank You Jamie
i am new to the site and not very familiar to forum. was introduce to this site by accident searching the web and met a gal at at scrapbooking shop who visits the site. info very helpful. i keep trying.
Remnant
Old 07-10-2007, 07:31 AM   #224
Cardstock Collector

Default Thanks!

Great post and thanks for the welcome. I am new here but not to the internet or to stamping and scrapbooking. I love this site. Stamping has been in my list of hobbies for over 30 years. I love all this creativity!
Rockester
Old 07-13-2007, 06:28 AM   #225
Insane Embellisher

HI,

I'm pretty new to SCS, and have felt a bit ignored. I find the site pretty over whelming. I just joined my first swap and I am excited to get my own little package. I am a stay at home mom with 2 kids. I have been stamping/scrapping a few years. A friend let me to this site. I viewed it alot for ideas and finally joined. It is alot of fun to see what other ladies come up with.

Ang
Old 07-13-2007, 07:50 AM   #226
Inking Addict

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by herhobbie View Post
HI,

I'm pretty new to SCS, and have felt a bit ignored. I find the site pretty over whelming. I just joined my first swap and I am excited to get my own little package. I am a stay at home mom with 2 kids. I have been stamping/scrapping a few years. A friend let me to this site. I viewed it alot for ideas and finally joined. It is alot of fun to see what other ladies come up with.

Ang

Hi Ang... Welcome! I have been lurking and posting a little. Sometimes my posts go unanswered but then I think maybe no one has the answer I am looking for or they missed my post because they weren't online. There are so many postings in one day and I often forget to go to previous pages to see what I have missed when I'm not online. Does that make sense? I haven't joined a swap before I would love to hear about your experience.
Cheryl in Calgary AB
Old 07-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #227
Cardstock Collector

Default many posts in mny forums

I agree that I am just getting started here and still learning my way around. I check back on threads now and then and miss things. BUt then the fun of it is that I also follow and get distracted by NEW threads and posts and follow new links....so much to see.

I don't think any one means to ignore new posts or people. It just take a while to catch up.

ROckester
Old 07-14-2007, 07:44 AM   #228
Insane Embellisher

Thanks ladies, I feel much better about it. I just joined another swap too! It is fun to look at all the threads. I'm sure I'll know my way around soon. Today I hope to get some stamping done, with out anyone bothering me
Old 07-14-2007, 07:51 AM   #229
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Yahoo to kgray

EXCELLENT advice
Old 07-29-2007, 10:36 PM   #230
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up Newbie !

Wow, what great advice. I just "joined" Splitcoaststampers, and already I love it. Can't wait to go through the gallery and see what everyone has been up to. I am a little "nervous" about putting my completed scrapbooking pages up, since I just started I feel that mine are so ....well, maybe one day I will get enough nerve to post them. Anyways, love this site and look forward to "chatting" with many. Happy Scrapping...Caroline
Old 07-30-2007, 07:50 AM   #231
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Caroline View Post
Wow, what great advice. I just "joined" Splitcoaststampers, and already I love it. Can't wait to go through the gallery and see what everyone has been up to. I am a little "nervous" about putting my completed scrapbooking pages up, since I just started I feel that mine are so ....well, maybe one day I will get enough nerve to post them. Anyways, love this site and look forward to "chatting" with many. Happy Scrapping...Caroline
Welcome, Caroline! I love your name/screen name. I have DD Caroline, and naturally love the song
Get rid of the nervousness and start uploading! You will love having a gallery and getting the comments/feedback! I felt the same way and still do, but I still upload and have a blast! Really- you'll be glad you did.
Again- welcome to the site. There's so much fun to be had and so many wonderful friends waiting for you to "meet" here. Enjoy!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:25 AM   #232
Inking Addict

Default Thanks!

Hi All!
Thank you for all the great advice! I can't say that I feel ignored, but I hope someday to be one of the "great" ones I have been a member for a while, but am just starting to get into posting and commenting. I stalk almost every day (when I should be working ) Now I need to start a gallery (but I am a big CASE'r!!! so I need to start being a little more original) AND I really want to start a blog... Lots of big dreams

I recently became part of the DDSS (the demo secret sisters) and that is helping to make friends AND I am having lots of fun!

So anyway - just wanted to say "Hey" and hope to make lots of friends in this great community!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:50 AM   #233
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoulart View Post
Hi All!
Thank you for all the great advice! I can't say that I feel ignored, but I hope someday to be one of the "great" ones I have been a member for a while, but am just starting to get into posting and commenting. I stalk almost every day (when I should be working ) Now I need to start a gallery (but I am a big CASE'r!!! so I need to start being a little more original) AND I really want to start a blog... Lots of big dreams

I recently became part of the DDSS (the demo secret sisters) and that is helping to make friends AND I am having lots of fun!

So anyway - just wanted to say "Hey" and hope to make lots of friends in this great community!!!
Well, you sure have already figured out some of the best ways to get involved and connected around here. DDSS is wonderful! This is my 3rd round and I am LOVING it!
Keep posting and chatting. You'll be amazed how many friends you make.
As for a gallery- CASEing is fine. Just try to give credit where credit is due. And as you work at it, you'll be coming up with more and more original stuff before you know it. You will love getting comments and feedback. You will be so glad you started it!
As for a blog- can't advise you here 'cause I don't have one myself. But, you sound determined to make a lot of things happen, so I am sure you will
So glad you found SCS; I will look forward to seeing you "around" and to seeing your gallery, too!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:43 AM   #234
Insane Embellisher

I'm too scared to load anything I've made too! But I have fun seeing what everyone else makes. I'm in the middle of my first swaps so we'll see how that goes. Hope they like everthing I've made
Old 08-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #235
Cardstock Collector

All of this encouragement is wonderful. It helps being reminded that we all have to start somewhere. I was introduced to stamping in December 2006 and I was hooked. Having always been on the "crafty" side, it was only a matter of time. Scrapbooking has been my hobby of choice for about 6 years and it has taken a back seat to stamping for now. I look forward to finding my comfort zone with stamps and building a collection of stamps and learning new techniques. My wonderful Stampin' Up Deomonstrator has challenged me with an upcoming swap and I look forward to posting my first card on SCS. It looks like it's time to get to work....I mean play (at least it is for me!)
Old 08-12-2007, 07:45 AM   #236
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for the great advice.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #237
Rubber Obsessor

Default thanks

thanks for the advice!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:02 AM   #238
Glitter Queen

Talking

Awesome.
In 2 words: Be Active.

I look forward to doing this. Life is crazy right now, & I hope to be more active after I move & settle down into a place to call home In Arizona!!

How do I get my signature line to show up, It's just my name in glitter?

Last edited by Digi-Scrap; 09-13-2007 at 03:04 AM.. Reason: Adding a question abt., signature line.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:29 AM   #239
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi-Scrap View Post
Awesome.

I look forward to doing this. Life is crazy right now, & I hope to be more active after I move & settle down into a place to call home In Arizona!!

Where in AZ? I'm there.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:18 AM   #240
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi-Scrap View Post
Awesome.

Welcome Cyndi.

SCS doesn't allow blinkies or pictures in our sig lines. Cuts down on the *visual clutter* when scanning/reading the forums. You can have up to 4 lines in your sig though. HTH.