Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
Compulsive Stamper

Default Blog Support...I need help...some advise...critique

Hello All,

I have a blog... be still my crafting heart
I have kept it up for a couple years but my views and followers are low. Haven't cracked 3000 views. It is not a paper craft only...it is just me.

I would love to make it a positive place for creative ideas.

If you have a moment to stop in I would love to have some feed back.

Is there a better way to promote? Is there something out of place?

Any comments and suggestions are helpful!!

Thanks

www.stinkincute.stampinup.net
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Cardstock Collector

Your blog looks great! I have a few suggestions though...
*Put your followers on a sidebar up near the top so people can find it.
*Join some linkups with other blogs--two of my favs are My 1/2 Dozen Daily (she does Sunday Night Chit-Chat) and familycorner.blogspot.ca (she does Happy Homemaker Monday). There are also crafty linkups but not sure what they are. This alone has really boosted my blog visits and followers. After 2 years I was at 4000 blog visits the end of May and now have over 11,000
*Join in with some blog hops. I haven't done this myself but think this would be a great way to grow your readership.

My blog is just about me and anything that has to do with me including stamping. You can check it out at katsretirementjourney.blogspot.com

I hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
Die Cut Diva

I'd agree with Kat - move some of the information from the bottom of the blog to the sidebar, especially the "about me" and "follow me" (if you want more followers). I'd also suggest adding more detail to your about me, since it seems like you do sewing and home decor projects, in addition to stamping, so those checking out your blog may be interested in some posts more than others (maybe you could use labels/tags for your post, like "sewing" "Stampin Up" "decorating" or whatever if you have a mixed audience.). Add your blog link to your SCS signature!

Makalah
Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
Hardware Hotshot

I am so used to viewing blogs that are in two columns-- posts on one side and all the gobbledygook on the other side (followers, links, archivers, about me, etc)-- that my first thought when I saw your blog was .... it's so WIDE.

But I also think that'd be better moved up some, especially your archives and followers. If I wanted to follow, I probably will not remember by the time I get to the bottom.

As far as promoting: easiest thing is to link it in your signature, and do a few blog hops or similar contests here and there. I enter some from Papertrey Ink and Flourishes most often. It involves doing your project and a post, then putting a link up on the sponsoring company's blog. Others come through and look. Some are nice enough to leave comments. I know some people get upset to have views but no comments, but it is nice to have the traffic and every now and then, you pick up a follower.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
Compulsive Stamper

I've made a few adjustments...I need to figure out what I am doing wrong with my title image...seems rather large.

Thanks for all the advice i will keep it movin'...ALL the feedback is great!

www.stinkincute.stampinup.net